post #5851 of 5950 Old 05-22-2019, 02:24 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYota1 View Post
Does your TV have a volume limiter or equalizer, or something? I think mine does but I've never used it.
I know the 14's are a bit louder, but I haven't noticed it on the others. It isn't something I pay much attention to.
I don't know, it's a VIZIO V0420E or VO42OE. I'm just using the HDTV's speakers, no sound board, or anything special.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5852 of 5950 Old 05-24-2019, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 39

Question...when can we reasonably assume to get 4k to start broadcasting locally?
4-6 years? When will be the first in the nation?
Must be in the preliminary planning stages by now?

John
post #5853 of 5950 Old 05-30-2019, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I saw at the top of the Heroes and Icons site that, for our area, the channel is moving to Channel 51.4 as of June 1, 2019. It advises viewers to rescan their TVs to still receive the channel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5854 of 5950 Old 05-31-2019, 04:40 AM
Advanced Member

Crap....... My ch 51's have been a pita for a while. Hopefully a rescan & repacks fix this issue.
post #5855 of 5950 Old 05-31-2019, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by IN2tvClassics View Post
Crap....... My ch 51's have been a pita for a while. Hopefully a rescan & repacks fix this issue.
It was my understanding that the repack includes a power boost for WNYA! I hope so because it IS a weak signal!
This however raises the question ...... what is WNYT now planning for 13.3????
post #5856 of 5950 Old 05-31-2019, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1424 Post(s)
Liked: 533
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA
https://www.starttv.com/wheretowatch/#NY

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #5857 of 5950 Old 05-31-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
Ask, and you shall receive.... an answer that is!
Thanks Trip.
post #5858 of 5950 Old 06-01-2019, 07:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It was my understanding that the repack includes a power boost for WNYA! I hope so because it IS a weak signal!
This however raises the question ...... what is WNYT now planning for 13.3????

When should I do a rescan? Should I do it channel by channel, or full scan?

They made the switch 6/1. 51-4 Heroes & Icons

Now my channel 13's did look like this:

13-1 NBC
13-1 NBC
13-2 MeTV
13-2 MeTV
13-3 StartTV
13-3 StartTV
13-3 StartTV

Yes that's right, that channel is tripled.

__________________________________________________ ________

After a full rescan the triple is gone, and the doubles are skipped. The CH listing is showing the green again.
I'll need to reposition /scan to fix those.

But what can I do to get rid of a horizontal white bar that moves from bottom to top. It kinda looks like this. But my tv picture shows fine, except at white static bar rolls up. If I change channels it will
continue going up at its last position.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2u6eglj.jpg

I'm also getting static lines similar to these. But in my case my tv picture shows fine.
http://i66.tinypic.com/2hq9d29.png

My tv setup hasn't changed. The only change is I have new tenants above me. When they are home, and very active my tv has these issues galore. But when they settle down or leave, my tv issues seem to resolve. This problem only effects my OTA tv watching. When I switching to AmzFTV or ROKU, no problems.

Is there anything I can do on my end?

Last edited by DrDon; 06-04-2019 at 06:36 AM.
post #5859 of 5950 Old 06-03-2019, 09:15 AM
ebo
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
But what can I do to get rid of a horizontal white bar that moves from bottom to top. It kinda looks like this. But my tv picture shows fine, except at white static bar rolls up. If I change channels it will
continue going up at its last position.

I'm also getting static lines similar to these. But in my case my tv picture shows fine.

My tv setup hasn't changed. The only change is I have new tenants above me. When they are home, and very active my tv has these issues galore. But when they settle down or leave, my tv issues seem to resolve. This problem only effects my OTA tv watching. When I switching to AmzFTV or ROKU, no problems.

Is there anything I can do on my end?
Very odd. None of my browsers (Firefox, Chrome and Edge) showed your 2 images. But when I quoted your text for this reply, there they were.

I've never seen anything like them on a digital TV although I've seen similar things on analog TVs. I've also never seen snow on a digital TV (unless it's part of the picture, as in the HBO logo). Is it possible you're using an analog TV and a D to A converter?

In analog, a rolling horizontal change in brightness was usually caused by poor power supply filtering, so that AC ripple on the DC supply voltage would vary the brightness. Since the frequency of the ripple was close to but not exactly the same as the frame rate or a multiple of it, the bar(s) would roll slowly up or down. The fix was usually to replace the power supply filter capacitors. Not something to consider if you're not into electronic repair. But if your power supply is a separate unit, as it is on many TVs now, you could try replacing the whole supply. I don't see how that problem could be affected by upstairs tenants.

The bursts of narrow horizontal lines (I'm guessing that your term "static lines" means they look like static electricity discharges, not unmoving lines) can be caused by pulses from many sources feeding into the antenna or by an intermittent connection somewhere in your system, probably in the antenna or feed line. That could be affected by others in the building, depending on what they're doing and how close they are to your antenna. Back in the day, automobile ignition was a common cause, especially on low VHF channels.

Without knowing more about your antenna system and type of TV (and tuner, if separate) those are my best guesses.
post #5860 of 5950 Old 06-03-2019, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
They still have some work to do on this. My TiVo rescan shows this:

13-1 wnyt hd (rf12)
13-2 meTv (rf12)
13-3 Start TV in terrible quality (rf12)
13-4 Light TV (signal rf 13)
13-5 Decades (rf13)
13-6 H&I not nearly as good quality (rf13)
51-3 My TV4 (rf13)

Quote:
[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/IMG][IMG ] Crap....... My ch 51's have been a pita for a while. Hopefully a rescan & repacks fix this issue.
post #5861 of 5950 Old 06-03-2019, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My other TVs see everything correctly so something with the TiVo is an issue possibly. I'll email them and see what happens. Tuner issues aside, I hope they figure out proper bandwidth allocation to make these diginets look a little less bad.
post #5862 of 5950 Old 06-04-2019, 03:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebo View Post
Very odd. None of my browsers (Firefox, Chrome and Edge) showed your 2 images. But when I quoted your text for this reply, there they were. I've never seen anything like them on a digital TV although I've seen similar things on analog TVs. I've also never seen snow on a digital TV (unless it's part of the picture, as in the HBO logo). Is it possible you're using an analog TV and a D to A converter?
This is the setup I have: ClearStream 2V Antenna ---> Ematic AT103B Digital Converter Box ---> Vizio V0420E

My tv tuner went proof about a month ago. So I need the tuner box for now. It was working fine until I got new neighbors upstairs.

Quote:
In analog, a rolling horizontal change in brightness was usually caused by poor power supply filtering, so that AC ripple on the DC supply voltage would vary the brightness. Since the frequency of the ripple was close to but not exactly the same as the frame rate or a multiple of it, the bar(s) would roll slowly up or down. The fix was usually to replace the power supply filter capacitors. Not something to consider if you're not into electronic repair. But if your power supply is a separate unit, as it is on many TVs now, you could try replacing the whole supply. I don't see how that problem could be affected by upstairs tenants.
This place was built in the 60-70's. The apartment layouts are exactly the same, and the wiring isn't to great. For example the last time I had TWC come for maintenance the tech had to repair the cable connection. One of the connection points had 4 splitters inside the outlet. Once that error was fixed my internet was working better.

Quote:
The bursts of narrow horizontal lines (I'm guessing that your term "static lines" means they look like static electricity discharges, not unmoving lines)
can be caused by pulses from many sources feeding into the antenna or by an intermittent connection somewhere in your system, probably in the antenna or
feed line. That could be affected by others in the building, depending on what they're doing and how close they are to your antenna. Back in the day,
automobile ignition was a common cause, especially on low VHF channels.

Without knowing more about your antenna system and type of TV (and tuner, if separate) those are my best guesses.
This is the setup I have: ClearStream 2V Antenna ---> Ematic AT103B Digital Converter Box ---> Vizio V0420E

The static lines, white noise, or whatever kinda look like this. They appear horizontally like this across the screen in about 5 spots. When there is a lot of activity above my tv area they appear.

http://i66.tinypic.com/35dddur.png

Could it be that they have something plugged in their outlets causing interference? IE: cellphone, laptop, tablet, chargers, etc?

Last edited by DrDon; 06-04-2019 at 06:38 AM.
post #5863 of 5950 Old 06-04-2019, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2193 Post(s)
Liked: 4101
Quote:
How is the Ematic connected to the Vizio? @ebo 's right, that doesn't look like the kind of picture issues you'd get from interference with digital television.

BTW, I removed unnecessary color formatting from your post as half of AVS users use the Dark skin, which has a black background. A lot of colors are invisible to those users.

I also removed the image tags. No idea why they're not working, but at least, this way, members can click the link to your images.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #5864 of 5950 Old 06-04-2019, 11:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDon View Post
How is the Ematic connected to the Vizio? @ebo 's right, that doesn't look like the kind of picture issues you'd get from interference with digital television. .
V2 Antenna [coax] --> Ematic [HDMI] --> Vizio

Here is a two minute video of what I'm seeing. I just recorded this.

You can see the horizontal white static line roll from the top to the bottom, then repeats. As it rolls you can see static lines appears in at least five spots. I took this video a few minutes after my neighbors
got home. This is mild compared to how bad it can get. At times I can also have pixelation, screen freezing, audio dropout, etc.

How can I fix this?
post #5865 of 5950 Old 06-04-2019, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
V2 Antenna [coax] --> Ematic [HDMI] --> Vizio

Here is a two minute video of what I'm seeing. I just recorded this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NaL...ature=youtu.be

How can I fix this?
Wow! I haven't seen interference like that since the days of analog TV. I would usually say that your upstairs neighbor is running some electronic gizmo that is causing RF interference to your signal. But when that happens today, you would get pixelation, not an "old timey" static line. I am still thinking of some kind of RF leakage, though.

Good luck with getting your situation resolved. BTW, what have the idiot broadcasters done to the aspect ratio? It's not even "stretchy-vision," it's SUPER stretchy-vision! This would definitely make me watch the online feed, instead.

Last edited by Brian in CT; 06-04-2019 at 06:15 PM.
post #5866 of 5950 Old 06-04-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in CT View Post
BTW, what have the idiot broadcasters done to the aspect ratio? It's not even "stretchy-vision," it's SUPER stretchy-vision! This would definitely make me watch the online feed, instead.

I think it's his TV, which might not adjust automatically to the original ratio. One of mine does, and looks quite normal when set to 4:3
post #5867 of 5950 Old 06-05-2019, 09:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Wow! I haven't seen interference like that since the days of analog TV. I would usually say that your upstairs neighbor is running some electronic gizmo that is causing RF interference to your signal. But when that happens today, you would get pixelation, not an "old timey" static line. I am still thinking of some kind of RF leakage, though.

Good luck with getting your situation resolved. BTW, what have the idiot broadcasters done to the aspect ratio? It's not even "stretchy-vision," it's SUPER stretchy-vision! This would definitely make me watch the online feed, instead.
I get both pixelation & "old timey" static line. The problem begins with the "old timey" static line shown in my video. It just get worse from there, static lines, pixelation, video freezes, audio drops.

What RF leakage?

Quote:
I think it's his TV, which might not adjust automatically to the original ratio. One of mine does, and looks quite normal when set to 4:3
I wasn't having these problems a month ago. Then these neighbors move in, and they appear. When they are out or asleep (quiet), my tv displays like the video. But when their home and active
it gets much worse. So much so it knocks out Ch 51 signal. From what I can tell since they moved in Ch 51 has gotten much worse.

IE: I can be watching Ch 51-3 Decades most of the day. It comes in nice and clear. But as soon as my upstairs neighbors come home, poof. The static begins rolling, then pixelation, to the point the ch stops coming in.

How can I tell if it's my tv?
post #5868 of 5950 Old 06-05-2019, 05:56 PM

Quote:
What RF leakage?
It would be from your neighbors. For example, lets say your neighbors' cable wiring has a kink in it somewhere. When they come home and turn on their cable box, your TV tuner gets hit by RF leakage. From your description, the interference is most likely coming from them. If you're on friendly terms with them, you may want to let them know of your problem. If not, contact your landlord (if you have one - you said these were apartments).
post #5869 of 5950 Old 06-05-2019, 07:08 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have an issue with LED lightbulbs. My antenna is on the side of the house above the bathroom roof, and then the lights are on in there I lose 51 (actually on 13) completely and the WNYT signal that’s on 12 as well. The LED bulbs cause interference with VHF 12 & 13, so I wonder is it’s maybe a combo of some sort of electronics leakage and LED bulbs.
post #5870 of 5950 Old 06-05-2019, 08:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It would be from your neighbors. For example, lets say your neighbors' cable wiring has a kink in it somewhere. When they come home and turn on their cable box, your TV tuner gets hit by RF leakage. From your description, the interference is most likely coming from them. If you're on friendly terms with them, you may want to let them know of your problem. If not, contact your landlord (if you have one - you said these were apartments).
Ok. Does it need to be a cable box? Could it be some other device causing the issue? What changing my tv to another outlet help?

Quote:
If you're on friendly terms with them..
lol, I never even seen them.
Quote:
If not, contact your landlord
- lol, your joking right? My landlord couldn't care less.
post #5871 of 5950 Old 06-06-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Ok. Does it need to be a cable box? Could it be some other device causing the issue? Will changing my tv to another outlet help?
Quick answers: No. Yes. Probably not, but it wouldn't hurt to try. Basically, whatever RF interference is emanating from their apartment is screwing up reception within a certain radius from the cause. UHF reception would be minimally affected, VHF-Hi (WNYA, WXXA, WNYT) would be more affected, and VHF-Lo (WRGB) would be highly affected. You need to get your receiving antenna as far away from the source of the RF leakage(s) that is causing your problem. Usually, that means putting your antenna on the roof, but I fear that is not an option for you. It may take some trial and error, but move the antenna around your apartment away from where it is now. You MAY find a spot where the interference is tolerable. After this, I am all out of ideas. I wish you well.
post #5872 of 5950 Old 06-06-2019, 08:36 PM
ebo
Advanced Member

IN2tvClassics, how did you make the recording you posted earlier? In reading up on the Ematic tuner, I see that it can record to a USB hard drive or thumb drive. Or you might have used a camera in front of the TV. Although Buzzr's video quality is not great, it's a lot better than that (ignoring the static), so probably a camera. But if it was recorded directly from the Ematic, then the Vizio TV is not the problem. To test, you could make an Ematic recording, then play it back when you don't have the static otherwise, to see if it's in the recording.

You said earlier that you don't have the static when you watch AmzFTV or ROKU, which also suggests the TV may not be at fault. How do you get them? Is that a separate device and if so, how is it connected to the TV? The TV manual doesn't mention such a capability and I don't see an Ethernet jack to connect to the Internet.

You said the Ematic is connected to the Vizio via HDMI, which is the best way. You could try a different HDMI input on the TV (there are 3) and maybe a different HDMI cable.

Are you sure you're using the HDMI connection? Your video looks like crappy RF.

You could also try connecting using the analog composite video and L/R audio outputs on the Ematic to see if you still have the static. Of course that will convert HD channels to SD so it's not a final solution, just a test.

What about HD channels tuned on the Ematic? Do they appear in HD on the TV? If not, there's something wrong with your setup.

Do you still see static when you bring up the Ematic's menus? If so, that suggests it's not a reception issue. If not, then the connection from the Ematic to the Vizio is good.
post #5873 of 5950 Old 06-06-2019, 08:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Quick answers: No. Yes. Probably not, but it wouldn't hurt to try. Basically, whatever RF interference is emanating from their apartment is screwing up reception within a certain radius from the cause. UHF reception would be minimally affected, VHF-Hi (WNYA, WXXA, WNYT) would be more affected, and VHF-Lo (WRGB) would be highly affected. You need to get your receiving antenna as far away from the source of the RF leakage(s) that is causing your problem. Usually, that means putting your antenna on the roof, but I fear that is not an option for you. It may take some trial and error, but move the antenna around your apartment away from where it is now. You MAY find a spot where the interference is tolerable. After this, I am all out of ideas. I wish you well.
Well I guess I'm stuck. The best I can do is try plugging my tv in another outlet. As for moving my antenna, that isn't a viable option for me.

I do have an antenna amplifier, would that help?
post #5874 of 5950 Old 06-06-2019, 09:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
IN2tvClassics, how did you make the recording you posted earlier? In reading up on the Ematic tuner, I see that it can record to a USB hard drive or thumb drive. Or you might have used a camera in front of the TV. Although Buzzr's video quality is not great, it's a lot better than that (ignoring the static), so probably a camera. But if it was recorded directly from the Ematic, then the Vizio TV is not the problem. To test, you could make an Ematic recording, then play it back when you don't have the static otherwise, to see if it's in the recording.
I used a regular digital camera to record the video. I don't even have a USB HDD hooked up to the Ematic.

Quote:
You said earlier that you don't have the static when you watch AmzFTV or ROKU, which also suggests the TV may not be at fault. How do you get them? Is that a separate device and if so, how is it connected to the TV? The TV manual doesn't mention such a capability and I don't see an Ethernet jack to connect to the Internet.

You said the Ematic is connected to the Vizio via HDMI, which is the best way. You could try a different HDMI input on the TV (there are 3) and maybe a different HDMI cable.

Are you sure you're using the HDMI connection? Your video looks like crappy RF.

You could also try connecting using the analog composite video and L/R audio outputs on the Ematic to see if you still have the static. Of course that will convert HD channels to SD so it's not a final solution, just a test.

What about HD channels tuned on the Ematic? Do they appear in HD on the TV? If not, there's something wrong with your setup.

Do you still see static when you bring up the Ematic's menus? If so, that suggests it's not a reception issue. If not, then the connection from the Ematic to the Vizio is good.

Ematic, AmzFT, ROKU are all connected with HDMI.

Clearstream 2V --(coax to)--> Ematic --(HDMI 1)--> Vizio
AmzFTV --(HDMI 2)--> Vizio
ROKU --(HDMI 3)--> Vizio

AmzFT & Roku are both connected to internet using Ethernet cables.

On my Vizio remote I press:

TV for OTA (Ematic)
HDMI for ROKU
HDMI 2x for AmzFTV

As for SD or HD, how do I tell the difference? As for the Ematic menus, they look decent to me. It's just the OTA signals that are affected.
post #5875 of 5950 Old 06-06-2019, 11:25 PM
ebo
Advanced Member

Quote:
I used a regular digital camera to record the video. I don't even have a USB HDD hooked up to the Ematic.

ROKU --(HDMI 3)--> Vizio

AmzFT & Roku are both connected to internet using Ethernet cables.

On my Vizio remote I press:

TV for OTA (Ematic)
HDMI for ROKU
HDMI 2x for AmzFTV.
Huh? If you select TV for the Ematic, then you're using the Vizio's tuner, not HDMI 1, which means the Ematic's RF output must be connected to the Vizio's antenna input and you're watching analog video on channel 3 or 4, whichever the Ematic's RF output is set to. Those channels are very susceptible to RF noise. You need to select HDMI 1.

Quote:
As for SD or HD, how do I tell the difference? As for the Ematic menus, they look decent to me. It's just the OTA signals that are affected.
HD is much sharper. If you can't tell the difference then either everything is being converted to SD/analog (true if you're using the Ematic's RF output) or you need glasses. Of course, most of the digital subchannels are SD. The major networks are HD, so compare any of them to the other subchannels.

If you don't see the static on the Ematic's menus but you do when watching OTA through the Ematic, then it's definitely a problem with the Ematic's reception, not with the TV or the connection between the two (although you could improve the picture immensely by using HDMI instead of analog over RF). You might have to change some settings on the Ematic and maybe the Vizio. The Ematic's resolution should probably be set to 1080p and aspect ratio to either Auto or maybe 16:9 Pillar Box (but try them all to see what they do).

Alternatively, you could connect your antenna directly to the Vizio, select Antenna (not Cable) and scan for channels. You said earlier that the tuner didn't work but apparently the analog one does, so maybe the digital one does as well.
post #5876 of 5950 Old 06-07-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:

ROKU --(HDMI 3)--> Vizio

AmzFT & Roku are both connected to internet using Ethernet cable.
Wow, Ebo may be on the right track. Your problems may be do your setup. It wouldn't hurt to try some of his suggestions before you do something more drastic. I forgot that you had a converter box between your antenna and TV. That sometimes complicates interference issues.
post #5877 of 5950 Old 06-08-2019, 02:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Wow, Ebo may be on the right track. Your problems may be do your setup. It wouldn't hurt to try some of his suggestions before you do something more drastic. I forgot that you had a converter box between your antenna and TV. That sometimes complicates interference issues.
I will check all current connections first, if no change switch HDMI cable, still no improvement I'll switch connection type.

When I added the Ematic, it because my Vizio tuner was failing. The Ematic was working very well, without issues. All I had to due was fine tune the signal % for each channel. There was no static issues. Then I had new upstairs neighbors move in, that's when the static started. Could it be a big coincidence that my tv is finally completely conking out, or the Ematic is now failing?
post #5878 of 5950 Old 06-08-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Could it be a big coincidence that my tv is finally completely conking out, or the Ematic is now failing?
I doubt it. You said that your problems only happen when the upstairs neighbors are active. They must be turning something on of theirs that is causing the interference. Checking to see if your setup is not exacerbating the situation is a good idea, just don't expect to see a huge improvement if something in your setup is partly to blame.
post #5879 of 5950 Old 06-10-2019, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Huh? If you select TV for the Ematic, then you're using the Vizio's tuner, not HDMI 1, which means the Ematic's RF output must be connected to the Vizio's antenna input and you're watching analog video on channel 3 or 4, whichever the Ematic's RF output is set to. Those channels are very susceptible to RF noise. You need to select HDMI 1.
I use 2 remotes to watch OTA TV. One is for the VIZIO, the other to control the Ematic. My Vizio Remote has four connection types: TV AV COMP HDMI
I select TV for OTA, HDMI 1 for Roku, HDMI 2 for AMFTV

My Clearstream V2 Antenna is plugged into the back of Ematic using the RF IN connection. The Ematic connects to my Vizio using its HDMI Out connection
To have a OTA picture using the Ematic, I press TV on my VIZIO remote tuned to CH 3. I change channels using the Ematic remote, and adjust volume with the Vizio remote.

Quote:
HD is much sharper. If you can't tell the difference then either everything is being converted to SD/analog (true if you're using the Ematic's RF output) or you need glasses. Of course, most of the digital subchannels are SD. The major networks are HD, so compare any of them to the other subchannels.
Antenna coax into RF IN on Ematic
Ematic HDMI out to HDMI Vizio

I can't compare channels when all have the same static. I do where glasses for distance.

Quote:
If you don't see the static on the Ematic's menus but you do when watching OTA through the Ematic, then it's definitely a problem with the Ematic's reception, not with the TV or the connection between the two (although you could improve the picture immensely by using HDMI instead of analog over RF). You might have to change some settings on the Ematic and maybe the Vizio.
The Ematic's resolution should probably be set to 1080p and aspect ratio to either Auto or maybe 16:9 Pillar Box (but try them all to see what they do).

Alternatively, you could connect your antenna directly to the Vizio, select Antenna (not Cable) and scan for channels. You said earlier that the tuner didn't work but apparently the analog one does, so maybe the digital one does as well.
I do see static on the Ematic menus but they are not as pronounced because of the color.

The antenna tuner on my Vizio doesn't work correctly. That's why I added the Ematic. The Ematic was working fine for a couple months. It only started having this static issue when my new upstairs neighbors moved in.
The previous neighbors didn't bother my tv signal.
post #5880 of 5950 Old 06-10-2019, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wfny

Darn. Looks like I'm no longer able to receive WFNY out here in North Greenbush (for now). I'm assuming it's because of the leaves on the trees. I was getting an "okay" signal from my rooftop antenna, now it's completely gone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page