Indianapolis, IN - Comcast - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #91 of 102 Old 01-30-2005, 05:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by KBandy
Definintely WTTV, and I think Starz also.
So, you actually get WTTV in HD via Comcast? Hmmm... I'm on the southside of Indy and I don't believe I get it. I'm curious. Also, what on the channel guide indicates that something is in high-def (besides just knowing anything in the 200s is HD). I use the "My Channel Lineup" on the Comcast.com support section - are you using something different?

Anybody have any news on when additional HD channels might be coming? Love to have TNT, for example.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 102 Old 01-30-2005, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ewolf72
Also, what on the channel guide indicates that something is in high-def (besides just knowing anything in the 200s is HD). I use the "My Channel Lineup" on the Comcast.com support section - are you using something different?

Anybody have any news on when additional HD channels might be coming? Love to have TNT, for example.
There is nothing that indicates that a program is in HD, just that those are HD channels. I just rely on program listings from other sources to find out whether the programs are HD or not.

I would love to see more HD programming choices, such as TNT and ESPN2.

Ken
post #93 of 102 Old 01-31-2005, 06:46 AM

Quote:
So, you actually get WTTV in HD via Comcast? Hmmm... I'm on the southside of Indy and I don't believe I get it.
I live on the southside of Indy - near County Line Rd and Five Points Rd (almost in Johnson county), and I do get WTTV (WB) in HD. I forget exactly what the channel # is - without looking it up, I think it's 215 or something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 102 Old 01-31-2005, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jkhering
I live on the southside of Indy - near County Line Rd and Five Points Rd (almost in Johnson county), and I do get WTTV (WB) in HD. I forget exactly what the channel # is - without looking it up, I think it's 215 or something like that.
If you could let me know specifically what channel # that is, I'd appreciate it. Here is what I am getting (on Stop 11 and Combs Rd):

200 iN DEMAND Previews
201-202 iN DEMAND PPV
202 ESPN
205 Discovery
206-207 INHD1 and 2
210 ABC-WRTV
211 NBC - WTHR
212 CBS - WISH
213 FOX - WXIN
220 PBS - WFYI
221 PBS
228 HBO
233 Cinemax
238 Showtime
248 STARZ!
300 HBO

There is no WTTV in my HD line up. I'd appreciate any info. Thank you!!
post #95 of 102 Old 01-31-2005, 09:51 AM

It doesn't show up for me in my channel lineup at comcast.com either, but I just checked the program guide on my TV and confirmed that it's channel 214. The channel label is "WB-D".

That's crazy if you live there and don't get it, but I do. I actually live just south of the Stop 11/Combs Rd intersection. I'm in a neighborhood off of Combs Rd called Smithfield (just north of the Lattitudes apartment complex).
post #96 of 102 Old 01-31-2005, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jkhering
It doesn't show up for me in my channel lineup at comcast.com either, but I just checked the program guide on my TV and confirmed that it's channel 214. The channel label is "WB-D".

That's crazy if you live there and don't get it, but I do. I actually live just south of the Stop 11/Combs Rd intersection. I'm in a neighborhood off of Combs Rd called Smithfield (just north of the Lattitudes apartment complex).
Ok, my mistake. I checked the TV and I -do- get it as 214. I guess I was confused with the discrepency on the comcast.com guide. (Plus, I guess I don't watch much WB, huh!) ;-) I assume it has been there all along but I can't swear by it. Sorry for the confusion!!

Still hoping for TNT-HD before their portion of the NASCAR season...
post #97 of 102 Old 01-31-2005, 07:44 PM

Quote:
I guess I was confused with the discrepency on the comcast.com guide.
Ha! Trust me, I'm with you. If there's one thing I've learned about the comcast.com website, it's that you can't trust anything on it! ;) Currently, if I type in my address, the website tells me a) that I can't get HD b) that DVR is not available in my area c) that digital phone is not available in my area and d) that the ONLY digital cable plan available is the Platinum plan that costs something like $94/month.

Despite that, I currently have the dual-tuner HD DVR, with a Digital plan that runs something around $60/month and I've had multiple sales reps call offering me digital phone. IMO, that website is about worthless.
post #98 of 102 Old 05-24-2005, 11:49 AM

There it is.

For lucky best wash - use Mr. Sparkle.
post #99 of 102 Old 05-24-2005, 12:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBulb
There it is.
Strange that it's been there for a few weeks now, but didn't announce it anywhere or send a message to everyone through the cable box.
post #100 of 102 Old 05-24-2005, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJeff
Strange that it's been there for a few weeks now, but didn't announce it anywhere or send a message to everyone through the cable box.
I noticed the same thing. They send out messages for all sorts of goofy stuff like tickets discounts for events and the like, but nothing for their own system.

Maybe they don't know they added it ;)

By the way, this is the first time I have noticed the new look to the AVS forum. Looks good!

Ken
post #101 of 102 Old 05-25-2005, 03:52 PM

TNT-HD is still on 204 but now all the programs are is SD despite being listed as 1080i.

Hopefully the NBA playoff game will be in HD.

For lucky best wash - use Mr. Sparkle.
post #102 of 102 Old 07-19-2005, 04:48 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Dish Targets Comcast Subs with Offer
By Steve Donohue Multichannel.com

EchoStar Communications Corp. kicked off a promotion Tuesday aimed at wooing cable customers in six Comcast Corp. markets with an offer of $19.99 per month for a 60-channel digital-video package for 12 months, plus three free months of Home Box Office and Showtime.

Officials at EchoStar wouldn’t comment on why the offer is only available in six cities where Comcast is the incumbent cable operator: Atlanta; Dallas; Kansas City, Mo.; Indianapolis; Pittsburgh; and Sacramento, Calif.

EchoStar noted in a press release that the offer, which expires Aug. 15, shows “disgruntled cable customers there is a better alternative.â€

The direct-broadcast satellite provider said new customers in the six cities who sign up for its “Digital Home Advantage†package -- which includes 60 digital channels and local broadcast networks -- will be charged $19.99 per month for the first 12 months of service. Customers who make a one-year commitment will also get a free digital-video-recorder equipment upgrade, EchoStar said.

Digital Home Advantage includes EchoStar’s “America’s Top 60†package, which normally costs $31.99 monthly. The subscription cost for the programming package will go from $19.99 to $31.99 monthly after the first year of service, EchoStar spokesman Mark Cicero said.

Cicero said it is possible that EchoStar may expand the promotion to other cities. “We’re always looking for ways to offer the best offer to new subscribers and offer them the best value in the pay TV industry. At this time, I can’t divulge any of those plans,†he added.

Comcast officials couldn’t be reached immediately for comment Tuesday afternoon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page