Springfield / Joplin, MO - HDTV - Page 192 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5731 of 5782 Old 12-06-2018, 10:52 AM
Member
 
21hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gar1r View Post
why has gray television been granted an extension on kycw-ld using channel 19 when that is now kytv
I believe this allows for the simulcast on the full power 19 as a sub channel of KY3, as well as the low power broadcast on 25.

I dont believe that they have been granted a displacement channel, after having applied for 24. They cant build out therir new channel until FCC approves the displacement.

I read that there may have been an effort by some entities to claim spectrum through displacement in hopes that they could flip it in a anticipated second spectrum auction.

In related news, KY3 was just granted a six month extension to finish their buildout, citing tower and equipment delays, maybe they can put it off long enough to employ ATSC 3.0, probably not, but hey, would be a lot better use of the 3 million dollars they are getting to relocate to the same frequency they have already relocated to.
21hawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5732 of 5782 Old 12-06-2018, 12:58 PM
Newbie
 
gar1r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21hawk View Post
I believe this allows for the simulcast on the full power 19 as a sub channel of KY3, as well as the low power broadcast on 25.

I dont believe that they have been granted a displacement channel, after having applied for 24. They cant build out therir new channel until FCC approves the displacement.

I read that there may have been an effort by some entities to claim spectrum through displacement in hopes that they could flip it in a anticipated second spectrum auction.

In related news, KY3 was just granted a six month extension to finish their buildout, citing tower and equipment delays, maybe they can put it off long enough to employ ATSC 3.0, probably not, but hey, would be a lot better use of the 3 million dollars they are getting to relocate to the same frequency they have already relocated to.
thanks for the insight it is hard on cloudy days to get kspr-ld and kycw on 25 is completely gone unless it is sunny and semi warm hope the next six to eight months yields some good outcome.
gar1r is offline  
post #5733 of 5782 Old 12-16-2018, 08:29 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
KJPX-LD holds a permit to move to channel 28 but has yet to construct it, as far as I can tell. Because KOZJ moved to an earlier phase, it may have made it difficult for KJPX-LD to be ready in time.

I did a rescan tonight and found that analog 28 KJPX (Retro TV) is still off the air. So is analog 30 KCLJ (TBN).

However, the rescan found a new digital signal that has Retro TV on 30-1 and TBN on 30-2. I’m assuming this means KCLJ turned off the analog signal on 30 and started broadcasting both Retro TV and TBN digitally on 30.

And the CW on 14-2 KFJX seems to be back to “normal” signal strength. At least whatever problem I was having picking up 14 has cleared up.
TV-Fanatic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5734 of 5782 Old 12-16-2018, 09:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
unclehonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mankato, MN
Posts: 2,231
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by TV-Fanatic View Post
However, the rescan found a new digital signal that has Retro TV on 30-1 and TBN on 30-2. I’m assuming this means KCLJ turned off the analog signal on 30 and started broadcasting both Retro TV and TBN digitally on 30.
KCLJ has had a permit to flash cut to RF30 for EIGHT years now...so they finally did apparently
https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/da...6c0ea&goBack=N
unclehonkey is offline  
post #5735 of 5782 Old 01-08-2019, 05:08 PM
Member
 
justpushplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello All, been awhile since I've posted here!

Has anyone had any luck with KRBK since they moved to RF22 and moved to a single transmitter in Fordland? I've been using an Antennas Direct 91XG since around 2009, and have never been able to get the nearest KBRK transmitter (their old system) in Forsyth, even though I've pointed the 91XG directly at them, and it's less than 20 miles from me. All of the other Fordland stations have been fine. Now that KRBK has dropped from channel 49 to 22, KOZK will (eventually) be at full power on 16, and KYTV/KSPR already having moved from 44 to 19, I'm hoping a different antenna with better sensitivity at lower UHF frequencies might be in order. I just unpacked a new Channel Master 4228HD, based on my experience of recommending it to a neighbor and temporarily replacing my 91XG with it about 4 years ago, just to play around with it. At the time, the Channel Master seemed to match the performance of the 91XG, if maybe a bit more susceptible to multipath. KOLR on VHF 10 has always had its own large VHF antenna dedicated to it. I'm just curious if anyone is successfully tuning in KRBK's Fordland transmitter, especially in the Branson/Table Rock Lake area. I'll follow up on the new antenna install in the next few days.

Michael

Last edited by justpushplay; 01-08-2019 at 05:23 PM.
justpushplay is offline  
post #5736 of 5782 Old 01-10-2019, 05:12 AM
Member
 
21hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpushplay View Post
Hello All, been awhile since I've posted here!

Has anyone had any luck with KRBK since they moved to RF22 and moved to a single transmitter in Fordland? I've been using an Antennas Direct 91XG since around 2009, and have never been able to get the nearest KBRK transmitter (their old system) in Forsyth, even though I've pointed the 91XG directly at them, and it's less than 20 miles from me. All of the other Fordland stations have been fine. Now that KRBK has dropped from channel 49 to 22, KOZK will (eventually) be at full power on 16, and KYTV/KSPR already having moved from 44 to 19, I'm hoping a different antenna with better sensitivity at lower UHF frequencies might be in order. I just unpacked a new Channel Master 4228HD, based on my experience of recommending it to a neighbor and temporarily replacing my 91XG with it about 4 years ago, just to play around with it. At the time, the Channel Master seemed to match the performance of the 91XG, if maybe a bit more susceptible to multipath. KOLR on VHF 10 has always had its own large VHF antenna dedicated to it. I'm just curious if anyone is successfully tuning in KRBK's Fordland transmitter, especially in the Branson/Table Rock Lake area. I'll follow up on the new antenna install in the next few days.

Michael

There was a low power station in NW Arkansas broadcasting on 22, not sure if they have moved off of it yet, might cause you some interference?

Edit: Its actually in K22HS in Eureka Springs, and by the looks of their coverage map, might be a deal killer until they vacate 22.

Last edited by 21hawk; 01-10-2019 at 06:52 AM.
21hawk is offline  
post #5737 of 5782 Old 01-10-2019, 12:22 PM
Member
 
justpushplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21hawk View Post
There was a low power station in NW Arkansas broadcasting on 22, not sure if they have moved off of it yet, might cause you some interference?

Edit: Its actually in K22HS in Eureka Springs, and by the looks of their coverage map, might be a deal killer until they vacate 22.
Hmmmm. that's a good possibility. Good call. I forgot about K22HS, I could watch them when they were analog. I get the Fordland stations from a reflection off a nearby ridge. Of course, that means I'm actually pointed SE, pretty much right at Eureka and KNWA/KFTA. KNWA/KFTA booms in here, which is what I use for Fox. I'll spin the antenna around and try line of sight to Fordland. It will be iffy, (two ridge) but I can get Fordland that way, just not reliably. Surely K22HS won't be a problem coming in the back of the 91Xg. If I can at least get a sniff of KRBK, that will give me an answer.

EDIT: I'm in southern Stone county, on the lake. That coverage map pretty much says it all:-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	K22HS-D Coverage Map.png
Views:	35
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	2508816  

Last edited by justpushplay; 01-10-2019 at 12:33 PM.
justpushplay is offline  
post #5738 of 5782 Old 01-11-2019, 11:12 AM
Member
 
21hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpushplay View Post
Hmmmm. that's a good possibility. Good call. I forgot about K22HS, I could watch them when they were analog. I get the Fordland stations from a reflection off a nearby ridge. Of course, that means I'm actually pointed SE, pretty much right at Eureka and KNWA/KFTA. KNWA/KFTA booms in here, which is what I use for Fox. I'll spin the antenna around and try line of sight to Fordland. It will be iffy, (two ridge) but I can get Fordland that way, just not reliably. Surely K22HS won't be a problem coming in the back of the 91Xg. If I can at least get a sniff of KRBK, that will give me an answer.

EDIT: I'm in southern Stone county, on the lake. That coverage map pretty much says it all:-)
You might let KRBK engineering know, they had/have viewers getting interference from a Columbia station and I think they lobbied the FCC to fasttrack that stations displacement approval, whether that did any good, who knows? Sadly, after displacement channel is granted, I believe CP will allow another few years to actually vacate.
21hawk is offline  
post #5739 of 5782 Old 01-11-2019, 07:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
unclehonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mankato, MN
Posts: 2,231
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21hawk View Post
You might let KRBK engineering know, they had/have viewers getting interference from a Columbia station and I think they lobbied the FCC to fasttrack that stations displacement approval, whether that did any good, who knows? Sadly, after displacement channel is granted, I believe CP will allow another few years to actually vacate.
the FCC already approved that move to RF12 in June
http://<br /> https://enterpriseefi...50769&goBack=N

They have up to 3 years to vacate..unless the interference is too much
unclehonkey is offline  
post #5740 of 5782 Old 01-13-2019, 02:47 PM
Member
 
justpushplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I turned my antenna (the 91xg) for LOS towards the Fordland tower yesterday, in hopes of sniffing out KRBK RF22. No luck, NOTHING would come in LOS. After turning the antenna back to the south towards Eureka Springs, using the Tivo Roamio OTA tuner, I could 'see' (not enough signal to lock) something on RF22 on the signal strength meter, but were listed as KGCS-LD and KQFX-LD .1, .2..3 and .4, and a 22-5 and a 22-6. All 7 were on RF22 and had a signal strength of 32, but I have no idea what Tivo references that number to. I DIDN'T see K22HS, and I'm not sure how to interpret that. I'm also not clear that those were the actual stations the Tivo is seeing, as they are based out of Joplin and Columbia respectively. Tivos' channel database has been a mess for a long time. I'm going to take 21Hawk's advice and alert KBRK engineering Monday. Meanwhile, I have now switched over to the CM4228, and as I had hoped, its performing better at lower UHF than the the XG91. KY3 RF19 is much better than when they were RF44, but I lost a few db on KNWA/KSFX on RF 50. They are soon moving to RF33, so I should get some of that gain back. Meanwhile, I'll wait for K22HS to go to RF12, (Thanks unclehonkey) hopefully sooner than later.
justpushplay is offline  
post #5741 of 5782 Old 01-13-2019, 04:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
unclehonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mankato, MN
Posts: 2,231
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpushplay View Post
I turned my antenna (the 91xg) for LOS towards the Fordland tower yesterday, in hopes of sniffing out KRBK RF22. No luck, NOTHING would come in LOS. After turning the antenna back to the south towards Eureka Springs, using the Tivo Roamio OTA tuner, I could 'see' (not enough signal to lock) something on RF22 on the signal strength meter, but were listed as KGCS-LD and KQFX-LD .1, .2..3 and .4, and a 22-5 and a 22-6. All 7 were on RF22 and had a signal strength of 32, but I have no idea what Tivo references that number to. I DIDN'T see K22HS, and I'm not sure how to interpret that. I'm also not clear that those were the actual stations the Tivo is seeing, as they are based out of Joplin and Columbia respectively.
a note on the Tivo Roamio....32 signal means its possibly picking up something but nothing enough to decode. I see that a few times here on my Roamio in suburban Minneapolis, MN.

Quote:
Tivos' channel database has been a mess for a long time.
no argument there. Tivo likes to add random stations even though there is no way in hell you'll get them. They recently added one that is 150 miles from me and a low powered translator.
unclehonkey is offline  
post #5742 of 5782 Old 01-14-2019, 10:10 AM
Member
 
MGOMRJSURF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Also Tivo doesn't update their Website for Channel Listings like out of date for like CCI or even OTA or so on KC area.
MGOMRJSURF is offline  
post #5743 of 5782 Old 01-15-2019, 09:46 AM
Member
 
21hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpushplay View Post
I turned my antenna (the 91xg) for LOS towards the Fordland tower yesterday, in hopes of sniffing out KRBK RF22. No luck, NOTHING would come in LOS. After turning the antenna back to the south towards Eureka Springs, using the Tivo Roamio OTA tuner, I could 'see' (not enough signal to lock) something on RF22 on the signal strength meter, but were listed as KGCS-LD and KQFX-LD .1, .2..3 and .4, and a 22-5 and a 22-6. All 7 were on RF22 and had a signal strength of 32, but I have no idea what Tivo references that number to. I DIDN'T see K22HS, and I'm not sure how to interpret that. I'm also not clear that those were the actual stations the Tivo is seeing, as they are based out of Joplin and Columbia respectively. Tivos' channel database has been a mess for a long time. I'm going to take 21Hawk's advice and alert KBRK engineering Monday. Meanwhile, I have now switched over to the CM4228, and as I had hoped, its performing better at lower UHF than the the XG91. KY3 RF19 is much better than when they were RF44, but I lost a few db on KNWA/KSFX on RF 50. They are soon moving to RF33, so I should get some of that gain back. Meanwhile, I'll wait for K22HS to go to RF12, (Thanks unclehonkey) hopefully sooner than later.

I have some noise on KRBK myself, I have a CM-2018 in the attic with an older CM-7777 preamp, I aimed at KWNA/KFTA to receive Cowboys games when local showed the St Louis Rams games, (they still show the Rams?), it's about 62 miles at 210 degrees. KOLR, KOZL, and KRBK tower is 17 miles at 40 degrees. KY3 very close to those. Here are some readings for reference:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190115-111659_Antenna_Point[1].jpg
Views:	25
Size:	678.2 KB
ID:	2511174   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190115-111002_Hdhomerun_Signal_Meter[1].jpg
Views:	26
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	2511176   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190114-185121_Hdhomerun_Signal_Meter[1].jpg
Views:	23
Size:	287.2 KB
ID:	2511180   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190114-185030_Hdhomerun_Signal_Meter[1].jpg
Views:	19
Size:	285.0 KB
ID:	2511182   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190115-111109_Hdhomerun_Signal_Meter[1].jpg
Views:	26
Size:	284.2 KB
ID:	2511184  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190115-111038_Hdhomerun_Signal_Meter[1].jpg
Views:	20
Size:	284.9 KB
ID:	2511186  

Last edited by 21hawk; 01-15-2019 at 09:50 AM.
21hawk is offline  
post #5744 of 5782 Old 01-23-2019, 09:59 AM
Member
 
flybyair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Forsyth, MO
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all:
Just a note for the Forsyth users out there, here is a list of channels I get with a small GE Pro Yagi antenna with directors and no reflectors, pointed SW. With a RCA outdoor preamp.
Due to no reflectors the back side is NE recieving from Forland.

3.1 &3.2 KYTV,KYWX


10.1,10.2,10.3,10.4 KLOR

12.1 Gospel

13.1,13.2,13.3,13.4 KAFT

17.1 BVTV

25.2 KYCW

26.1,26.2,26.3,26.4,26.5,26.6,26.7 K26GS

27.1,27.2,27.3 KOZL

31.1 KWBM

33.1,33.2 KSPR

36.1,36.2 TVCBRNS

49.1,49.2 KRBK (strongest signal)
49.1,49.2 KRBK-DT (weaker signal ch,22)

49.3,49.4 KRBK D3,4

Sometimes 51.1,51.2,51.3 KWNA
flybyair is offline  
post #5745 of 5782 Old 01-23-2019, 02:38 PM
Member
 
MGOMRJSURF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 13
KPJX-LP just added Newsnet.
MGOMRJSURF is offline  
post #5746 of 5782 Old 01-24-2019, 09:56 AM
Member
 
21hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
KNWA has filed for an STA that will result in smaller coverage area, but allow them to get off of ch. 50 and on to 33, with full power coming later than the phase 2 deadline.
21hawk is offline  
post #5747 of 5782 Old 01-24-2019, 10:08 AM
Member
 
Ingersoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: 64850
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybyair View Post
Hi all:
Just a note for the Forsyth users out there, here is a list of channels I get with a small GE Pro Yagi antenna with directors and no reflectors, pointed SW. With a RCA outdoor preamp.
Due to no reflectors the back side is NE recieving from Forland.

3.1 &3.2 KYTV,KYWX


10.1,10.2,10.3,10.4 KLOR

12.1 Gospel

13.1,13.2,13.3,13.4 KAFT

17.1 BVTV

25.2 KYCW

26.1,26.2,26.3,26.4,26.5,26.6,26.7 K26GS

27.1,27.2,27.3 KOZL

31.1 KWBM

33.1,33.2 KSPR

36.1,36.2 TVCBRNS

49.1,49.2 KRBK (strongest signal)
49.1,49.2 KRBK-DT (weaker signal ch,22)

49.3,49.4 KRBK D3,4

Sometimes 51.1,51.2,51.3 KWNA

That's awesome.
Ingersoll is offline  
post #5748 of 5782 Old 01-24-2019, 05:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
unclehonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mankato, MN
Posts: 2,231
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21hawk View Post
KNWA has filed for an STA that will result in smaller coverage area, but allow them to get off of ch. 50 and on to 33, with full power coming later than the phase 2 deadline.
The STA actually has more power (895KW) than the CP (820KW) does. But the STA being a sidemount antenna brings down the antenna height by 100 feet
unclehonkey is offline  
post #5749 of 5782 Old 01-25-2019, 05:13 AM
Member
 
21hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Cold clear morning, from north side of Ozark MO
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190125-071050_Samsung Internet_1548422026665.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	398.3 KB
ID:	2515842  
21hawk is offline  
post #5750 of 5782 Old 02-01-2019, 10:49 AM
Member
 
21hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
KNWA down this morning?

I wasnt able ot get KNWA this morning, anyone else have any trouble?
21hawk is offline  
post #5751 of 5782 Old 02-19-2019, 10:16 AM
Member
 
justpushplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21hawk View Post
I wasnt able ot get KNWA this morning, anyone else have any trouble?

I was going to reply to this, as I've had some issues with them lately, mostly pixellation. A few minutes ago, I realized they were seemingly off the air. Looks like tower work has commenced. HOPEFULLY, once they have moved to their new assignments, I'll still be able to receive them. They've been a blowtorch, and my sole source for Fox.


EDIT:

Fayetteville, AR - Due to an FCC mandate, KNWA will be changing our transmission frequency on April 12, 2019. Starting February 19, KNWA will be performing these tower upgrades. You might experience some outages over the next 10-15 days. This will impact over the air viewers only, on channel 51.1, 51.2, 51.3, and 51.4. This is due to KNWA moving our signal to a lower power antenna to make room for our upgrade.

We have tried to minimize the amount of time KNWA will be on reduced power and understand the inconvenience this may cause. The engineering team at KNWA are trying to complete this first step by March 5, 2019.

In the meantime, you can view and follow our KNWA news content on our website nwahomepage.com and on our various station apps. You can also watch KNWA on streaming services such as YouTube TV. If you currently receive our 24.2 channel it is a simulcast of our 51.1 KNWA signal.

This temporary situation will not affect anyone who receives KNWA on Cable or Satellite such as COX, DISH, DIRECT, Etc.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact our engineering department @ [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 11.59.14 AM.png
Views:	27
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	2528078  

Last edited by justpushplay; 02-19-2019 at 10:42 AM.
justpushplay is offline  
post #5752 of 5782 Old 02-20-2019, 04:15 AM
Member
 
21hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I actually called the station last week and asked about outages, the person who answered the phone said they weren't aware of any outages and seemed to know nothing about the pending changes to broadcast frequency.

It will be interesting to see how they handle the merger with Tribune, which stations get divested, and how that affects the simulcasting synergies that are in place. Like you, I rely on the Fox feed more than the others.
21hawk is offline  
post #5753 of 5782 Old 04-10-2019, 09:26 PM
Member
 
dbsstephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just recently seen where Springfield Missouri is one of the markets that seem to be getting the 3.0 OTA upgrade this year and it includes all the major channels Channel 3 channel 10 channel 25 and channel 27 and channel 49

Sent from my LG-US700 using Tapatalk
dbsstephen is offline  
post #5754 of 5782 Old 04-11-2019, 11:26 AM
Member
 
justpushplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsstephen View Post
Just recently seen where Springfield Missouri is one of the markets that seem to be getting the 3.0 OTA upgrade this year and it includes all the major channels Channel 3 channel 10 channel 25 and channel 27 and channel 49

Sent from my LG-US700 using Tapatalk
Where did you see this? If even just Gray or Nextar can do this before year end, I'd be impressed. Trouble is, where can I find an ATSC 3.0 tuner? I would upgrade in a heartbeat.
justpushplay is offline  
post #5755 of 5782 Old 04-11-2019, 11:28 AM
Member
 
justpushplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
And here comes KNWA's switchover. Please don't screw this up! :-)

Edit: They are off the air this afternoon. I'm underwhelmed.

Fayetteville, AR - Due to an FCC mandate, KNWA will be changing our transmission frequency on April 11, 2019.

On April 12th a re-scan of your television will be required for those who receive channel 51 through free antenna broadcasting. Those who fall into the category above will need to perform a re-scan of your TV.

After the re-scan the channel will appear on your television as channel 51 again.

This link will take you through the steps to complete the re-scan >>https://www.nwahomepage.com/signal-reception-help

This is due to KNWA moving our signal to a lower power antenna to make room for our upgrade.
We have tried to minimize the amount of time KNWA will be on reduced power and understand the inconvenience this may cause.

Edit#2: KNWA has changed the wording on the website, indicating that have made the switch.

Fayetteville, AR - Due to an FCC mandate, KNWA changed its transmission frequency on Thursday, April 11, 2019.

So are they just at reduced power on the old frequency? The new frequency? Re-scan finds nothing, but my HDHomerun phone app is showing 14%, I''m guessing at the old frequency.

Between the PBS KOZK tower accident, and the continuing cluster***k that is KRBK, don't tell me KNWA is going away too. Stations are dropping like flies:-)

Last edited by justpushplay; 04-11-2019 at 04:22 PM.
justpushplay is offline  
post #5756 of 5782 Old 04-11-2019, 04:25 PM
Member
 
dbsstephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpushplay View Post
Where did you see this? If even just Gray or Nextar can do this before year end, I'd be impressed. Trouble is, where can I find an ATSC 3.0 tuner? I would upgrade in a heartbeat.
Cord cutters news posted it and the reason they are going to be able to do it is because they're being helped by that company that is working with Sinclair broadcasting group and it lists the 40 markets that are supposed to have the 3.0 OTA by the end of the year

Sent from my LG-US700 using Tapatalk

Last edited by dbsstephen; 04-12-2019 at 07:40 AM.
dbsstephen is offline  
post #5757 of 5782 Old 04-12-2019, 04:14 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
KODE and KSNF in Joplin have switched over to their new frequencies. Right now, my reception on KSNF is horrible. KODE seems to be coming in weaker as well, but not nearly as bad as KSNF. Really hope this poor reception is temporary.

Also noticed that Retro TV on 30-1 has been replaced with NewsNet. Retro TV is no where to be found as it didn’t pop up on another subchannel on 30 and or on any other channel when I did the rescan.

Last edited by TV-Fanatic; 04-12-2019 at 04:45 AM.
TV-Fanatic is offline  
post #5758 of 5782 Old 04-12-2019, 04:30 AM
Member
 
21hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TV-Fanatic View Post
KODE and KSNF in Joplin have switched over to their new frequencies. Right now, my reception on KSNF is horrible. KODE seems to be coming in weaker as well, but nearly as bad as KSNF. Really hope this poor reception is temporary.

Also noticed that Retro TV on 30-1 has been replaced with NewsNet. Retro TV is no where to be found as it didn’t pop up on another subchannel on 30 and or on any other channel when I did the rescan.
The KSNF signal is being corrupted by ch17 out of Branson. There is a request to modify that signal, but I don't see how it will make much difference as it will still be ch17. Good luck.
21hawk is offline  
post #5759 of 5782 Old 04-12-2019, 04:32 AM
Member
 
21hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpushplay View Post
And here comes KNWA's switchover. Please don't screw this up! &#x1f642;

Edit: They are off the air this afternoon. I'm underwhelmed.

Fayetteville, AR - Due to an FCC mandate, KNWA will be changing our transmission frequency on April 11, 2019.

On April 12th a re-scan of your television will be required for those who receive channel 51 through free antenna broadcasting. Those who fall into the category above will need to perform a re-scan of your TV.

After the re-scan the channel will appear on your television as channel 51 again.

This link will take you through the steps to complete the re-scan >>https://www.nwahomepage.com/signal-reception-help

This is due to KNWA moving our signal to a lower power antenna to make room for our upgrade.
We have tried to minimize the amount of time KNWA will be on reduced power and understand the inconvenience this may cause.

Edit#2: KNWA has changed the wording on the website, indicating that have made the switch.

Fayetteville, AR - Due to an FCC mandate, KNWA changed its transmission frequency on Thursday, April 11, 2019.

So are they just at reduced power on the old frequency? The new frequency? Re-scan finds nothing, but my HDHomerun phone app is showing 14%, I''m guessing at the old frequency.

Between the PBS KOZK tower accident, and the continuing cluster***k that is KRBK, don't tell me KNWA is going away too. Stations are dropping like flies:-)
KNWA is on 33 now, at a lower power thanks to an extension, now have until October to complete transition.
21hawk is offline  
post #5760 of 5782 Old 04-12-2019, 05:01 AM
Member
 
21hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsstephen View Post
Just recently seen where Springfield Missouri is one of the markets that seem to be getting the 3.0 OTA upgrade this year and it includes all the major channels Channel 3 channel 10 channel 25 and channel 27 and channel 49

Sent from my LG-US700 using Tapatalk
I don't believe individual stations have been identified, although Springfield market was listed, albeit by end of 2020.

Most, if not all the new equipment that has been/will be installed for repack has been done with 3.0 in mind(per a well placed source). Note the vertical polarity of transmitters, this is for 3.0, just for example.

The, as of now, unused low power displacement allocation of ch24 and ch34 to Gray leaves a lot of bandwidth available, which would seem to alleviate one issue since 1.0 signals have to remain on for 5 years after 3.0 is live. In theory, those two could be used for new 3.0, or to host all local 1.0 simulcast while each station builds out its 3.0.

Regardless, it may be a while, but 2020 elections would most definitely be more lucrative with the targeted advertising that 3.0 makes possible. Just..saying

Last edited by 21hawk; 04-12-2019 at 05:27 AM.
21hawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off