Springfield / Joplin, MO - HDTV - Page 196 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 27Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5851 of 5987 Old 01-04-2020, 06:07 AM
Member
 
Ozarks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Cedar Township, Ark.
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 0
KOZK reception is back, in Western Carroll County, Ark., but not nearly as strong as it used to be. Perhaps having channels transmitting on RF 15, 16, 17, 18 & 19 is degrading reception now. Anyway, at least it's receivable here again.
Ozarks is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5852 of 5987 Old 01-04-2020, 10:29 AM
Member
 
dbsstephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozarks View Post
KOZK reception is back, in Western Carroll County, Ark., but not nearly as strong as it used to be. Perhaps having channels transmitting on RF 15, 16, 17, 18 & 19 is degrading reception now. Anyway, at least it's receivable here again.
It's not back where I live in Laclede
county Missouri

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
dbsstephen is offline  
post #5853 of 5987 Old 01-04-2020, 11:42 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsstephen View Post
It's not back where I live in Laclede
county Missouri

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I live in North AR and had them back yesterday and early this morning, but gone now. But as someone said they will probably come and go till the work on the tower is complete
OTA63 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5854 of 5987 Old 01-04-2020, 12:46 PM
Member
 
Ozarks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Cedar Township, Ark.
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTA63 View Post
...had them back yesterday and early this morning, but gone now. But as someone said they will probably come and go till the work on the tower is complete
This is what the station also told me.
Ozarks is offline  
post #5855 of 5987 Old 01-04-2020, 01:36 PM
Member
 
dbsstephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTA63 View Post
I live in North AR and had them back yesterday and early this morning, but gone now. But as someone said they will probably come and go till the work on the tower is complete
I mean one good thing is even without Ozark public television we still get KMOS 6 PBS from Sedalia Missouri

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
dbsstephen is offline  
post #5856 of 5987 Old 01-04-2020, 03:24 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsstephen View Post
I mean one good thing is even without Ozark public television we still get KMOS 6 PBS from Sedalia Missouri

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Yeah, I get the AR PBS out of Mt. View, AR. But I liked having the channels from Springfield for variety. But looks like we will be getting it back before too much long.
OTA63 is offline  
post #5857 of 5987 Old 01-04-2020, 04:03 PM
Member
 
Ozarks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Cedar Township, Ark.
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTA63 View Post
Yeah, I get the AR PBS out of Mt. View, AR. But I liked having the channels from Springfield for variety. But looks like we will be getting it back before too much long.
I prefer AETN to OPT, because AETN carries WORLD channel on a 4th sub-channel. But OPT also carries some programming that AETN doesn't. So it will be nice to have OPT back on the air again.
Ozarks is offline  
post #5858 of 5987 Old 01-04-2020, 04:08 PM
Member
 
justpushplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Getting there.....
It was 12% this morning. Good lourd, it's crowning!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 6.03.30 PM.png
Views:	13
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	2664278  
justpushplay is offline  
post #5859 of 5987 Old 01-04-2020, 04:40 PM
Member
 
Ozarks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Cedar Township, Ark.
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Back on, down here in NW Ark.
Ozarks is offline  
post #5860 of 5987 Old 01-04-2020, 06:16 PM
Member
 
dbsstephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Why is channel 21 broadcasting on channel 26 over the air in Lebanon Missouri

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
dbsstephen is offline  
post #5861 of 5987 Old 01-04-2020, 07:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Springfield, Missouri
Posts: 146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsstephen View Post
Why is channel 21 broadcasting on channel 26 over the air in Lebanon Missouri

When you say channel 21, do you mean KOZK? And channel 26 - do you mean RF 26 (broadcast) or Virtual 26? KOZK doesn't have anyone assigned to be rebroadcasting their signal on RF 26, like a translator station. KOZK, since the repack in southwest Missouri, has been on RF 16 and remaps to 21.


Jim - Springfield, Missouri

Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HDHomerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.
mrradiohead55 is offline  
post #5862 of 5987 Old 01-05-2020, 05:23 AM
Member
 
dbsstephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrradiohead55 View Post
When you say channel 21, do you mean KOZK? And channel 26 - do you mean RF 26 (broadcast) or Virtual 26? KOZK doesn't have anyone assigned to be rebroadcasting their signal on RF 26, like a translator station. KOZK, since the repack in southwest Missouri, has been on RF 16 and remaps to 21.


Jim - Springfield, Missouri
Virtual channel 26 and yes I mean KOZK 21 but for some reason it's broadcasting on channel 26

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
dbsstephen is offline  
post #5863 of 5987 Old 01-05-2020, 07:09 AM
Member
 
21hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 12
KOZJ 26, I believe, broadcasts a simulcast of KOZK to its Joplin area viewers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsstephen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrradiohead55 View Post
When you say channel 21, do you mean KOZK? And channel 26 - do you mean RF 26 (broadcast) or Virtual 26? KOZK doesn't have anyone assigned to be rebroadcasting their signal on RF 26, like a translator station. KOZK, since the repack in southwest Missouri, has been on RF 16 and remaps to 21.


Jim - Springfield, Missouri
Virtual channel 26 and yes I mean KOZK 21 but for some reason it's broadcasting on channel 26

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
21hawk is offline  
post #5864 of 5987 Old 01-05-2020, 07:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
unclehonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mankato, MN
Posts: 2,401
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 636 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21hawk View Post
KOZJ 26, I believe, broadcasts a simulcast of KOZK to its Joplin area viewers.
correct
https://www.rabbitears.info/market.p...&callsign=kozj

Its on RF35
unclehonkey is offline  
post #5865 of 5987 Old 01-05-2020, 08:48 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Springfield, Missouri
Posts: 146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Yeah, I wasn't even thinking about KOZJ 35/26 Joplin, since I didn't know where dbsstephen is located. If you live closer to Joplin, then I can see you getting their signal. I'm on the west side of Springfield, with an outside antenna @ 20', running through a pre-amp and I still have a hard time reliably getting KOZJ. I can see their signal on the tuner but they rarely decode unless there is tropo enhancement to the Joplin area.


Jim - Springfield, Missouri

Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HDHomerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.
mrradiohead55 is offline  
post #5866 of 5987 Old 01-05-2020, 10:27 AM
Member
 
dbsstephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrradiohead55 View Post
Yeah, I wasn't even thinking about KOZJ 35/26 Joplin, since I didn't know where dbsstephen is located. If you live closer to Joplin, then I can see you getting their signal. I'm on the west side of Springfield, with an outside antenna @ 20', running through a pre-amp and I still have a hard time reliably getting KOZJ. I can see their signal on the tuner but they rarely decode unless there is tropo enhancement to the Joplin area.


Jim - Springfield, Missouri
I live in Lebanon

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
dbsstephen is offline  
post #5867 of 5987 Old 01-05-2020, 02:34 PM
Member
 
justpushplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Just a comparison since they're on the same tower. The HDHomerun Quattro seems to struggle with KOZK, pixellating rather severely at times.
All of the other tuners in the house (Vizios's, Tivo Roamio OTA, Homeworx, etc) fare better. Hopefully KOZK will continue to tune on their new rig.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 4.28.03 PM.png
Views:	15
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	2664960   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 4.26.54 PM.png
Views:	17
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	2664962  

Last edited by justpushplay; 01-05-2020 at 05:20 PM.
justpushplay is offline  
post #5868 of 5987 Old 01-06-2020, 09:14 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by welkin View Post
KQFX turned off their broadcast on RF 22 tonight and...



BAM!
welkin is offline  
post #5869 of 5987 Old 01-07-2020, 04:24 AM
Member
 
dbsstephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Has anybody been able to pick up the new circle TV on 33-5 I know I can't get it

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
dbsstephen is offline  
post #5870 of 5987 Old 01-07-2020, 11:50 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsstephen View Post
Has anybody been able to pick up the new circle TV on 33-5 I know I can't get it

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
It's not on the air yet.
welkin is offline  
post #5871 of 5987 Old 01-07-2020, 01:19 PM
Member
 
dbsstephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by welkin View Post
It's not on the air yet.
The thing I'm wondering is why is its saying it's going to be on 33 - 5 when there's not even a channel 33 - 4

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Last edited by dbsstephen; 01-07-2020 at 02:11 PM.
dbsstephen is offline  
post #5872 of 5987 Old 01-07-2020, 05:04 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Trip in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA, US
Posts: 17,149
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1843 Post(s)
Liked: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsstephen View Post
The thing I'm wondering is why is its saying it's going to be on 33 - 5 when there's not even a channel 33 - 4
I think we'll just have to wait and see. They may have a plan for a 33-4, or they may skip that channel. Some stations do skip channels for whatever reason.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Trip in VA is online now  
post #5873 of 5987 Old 01-08-2020, 06:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Springfield, Missouri
Posts: 146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
I think we'll just have to wait and see. They may have a plan for a 33-4, or they may skip that channel. Some stations do skip channels for whatever reason.

- Trip

The GM at KY3 told me in an email Circle TV will be 03-5. He said the 33-5 is wrong for Circle TV and believes that is someone's speculation. Target date is mid February, when there will be channel realignments over three stations.


Jim - Springfield, Missouri

Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HDHomerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.
mrradiohead55 is offline  
post #5874 of 5987 Old 01-08-2020, 07:40 AM
Member
 
dbsstephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrradiohead55 View Post
The GM at KY3 told me in an email Circle TV will be 03-5. He said the 33-5 is wrong for Circle TV and believes that is someone's speculation. Target date is mid February, when there will be channel realignments over three stations.


Jim - Springfield, Missouri
All three of their websites say 33 - 5 which would be KY3.com OzarksCw.com and kspr.com all say 33.5 so it's their stations that said 33.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
dbsstephen is offline  
post #5875 of 5987 Old 01-08-2020, 07:47 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Springfield, Missouri
Posts: 146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsstephen View Post
All three of their websites say 33 - 5 which would be KY3.com OzarksCw.com and kspr.com all say 33.5 so it's their stations that said 33.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Then in all likelihood what he was saying is, it will come from the KY3 transmitter, but will remap to 33-5, rather than being a sub-channel of 3. He didn't go that far into his explanation. They are currently doing that with KSPR 33.1 and KYCW 33.2, both coming from the RF 19 transmitter.



Jim - Springfield, Missouri

Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HDHomerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.
mrradiohead55 is offline  
post #5876 of 5987 Old 01-16-2020, 02:10 PM
Member
 
flybyair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Forsyth, MO
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Kozk 21 has a great signal in Forsyth Mo.

Per OPT facebook:
Ozarks Public Television
January 14 at 9:45 AM ·
**UPDATED** KOZK is back up to full power after the maintenance earlier today.

https://www.optv.org/opt-service-faq...6Uf_POKlRn1zbM
dbsstephen likes this.
flybyair is offline  
post #5877 of 5987 Old 01-17-2020, 11:20 AM
Member
 
dbsstephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybyair View Post
Per OPT facebook:

Ozarks Public Television

January 14 at 9:45 AM ·

**UPDATED** KOZK is back up to full power after the maintenance earlier today.



https://www.optv.org/opt-service-faq...6Uf_POKlRn1zbM
They are not back up to full power if they were I would be able to pick it up in Lebanon Missouri and I can't

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
dbsstephen is offline  
post #5878 of 5987 Old 01-17-2020, 06:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Springfield, Missouri
Posts: 146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsstephen View Post
They are not back up to full power if they were I would be able to pick it up in Lebanon Missouri and I can't

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

That is correct, they are not. I heard from the KY3 engineer today via email. He told me the tower crew still had a little tower work left for KOZK before they could turn the transmitter to full power. The weather threw off their work a couple days. Then KYTV has a tower crew on site to start work on facilities for KSPR-LD and KYCW-LD, but that work won't prevent KOZK from going to full power. KOZK will try to get to full power by midweek this coming week.


Jim - Springfield, Missouri

Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HDHomerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.
mrradiohead55 is offline  
post #5879 of 5987 Old 01-18-2020, 05:16 PM
Member
 
dbsstephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrradiohead55 View Post
That is correct, they are not. I heard from the KY3 engineer today via email. He told me the tower crew still had a little tower work left for KOZK before they could turn the transmitter to full power. The weather threw off their work a couple days. Then KYTV has a tower crew on site to start work on facilities for KSPR-LD and KYCW-LD, but that work won't prevent KOZK from going to full power. KOZK will try to get to full power by midweek this coming week.


Jim - Springfield, Missouri
Are we even going to ever get channel 25 back

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
dbsstephen is offline  
post #5880 of 5987 Old 01-18-2020, 06:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Springfield, Missouri
Posts: 146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsstephen View Post
Are we even going to ever get channel 25 back

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I get KYCW-LD, which is on rf 25, just fine. See attached pic. But then I live just outside Springfield, on the NW side. They are presently at 3.9 kW @ 222'.

BTW, the engineer for KYTV also told me that the Gray Television stations (KYTV, KYCW-LD, KSPR-LD) are going to add three channels within the next two months - Circle TV, Justice and Quest. But they don't know which of the three stations are going to get which channel.

BUT first they have to complete their repack transition of KYCW-LD and KSPR-LD.

They have the equipment/transmitters delivered already, but engineers have to do the tower work. KYCW-LD is moving from 25 to 24, KSPR-LD is moving from 15 to 34. The KYCW-LD antenna will go from 222' to 1676' eventually, while the KSPR-LD antenna will go from 256' to 1676' eventually. By mid March, they will probably start running messages on KYTV 3 and KSPR 33 about the changes.


Jim - Springfield, Missouri
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KYCW-LD 25 1-18-20.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	2672066  

Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HDHomerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Last edited by mrradiohead55; 01-18-2020 at 07:00 PM.
mrradiohead55 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off