Greenville, SC - HDTV - Page 400 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 101Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11971 of 12661 Old 02-28-2018, 05:31 PM
Advanced Member
 
LMckin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spartanburg,SC
Posts: 709
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
They should be moving to main WSPA RF7 channel. But they may keep PSIP as 62 for branding purposes. Hopefully they have upgraded encoders so video quality will not suffer on main 7.1 channel which has CBS-HD. I wonder if they will switch CW from 1080i feed to 720p feed?

Also those viewers in NC mountains and fringe areas that watch WSPA on 62.2 will now have to upgrade their VHF antenna to get WSPA on RF7. Eventually they will move to RF11 after the repack. They have a request to increase power but still pending.
Yes i know they be moving to Channel 7 sub channels. Trip va haven't update his database yet for the WYCW he may wait till end of march or april to update it for 62 PSIP i wonder if they will keep the 62.2 WSPA channel 7 feed or just map that channel to the Channel 7.1

I get Channel 29 very good where i live so i got 49 also off of 29 but look like they just map 49 channels and it sub channels to 29 channels and sub channel i haven't watch it much to see if the WRET Call sign still on it.
LMckin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #11972 of 12661 Old 03-01-2018, 05:47 AM
Member
 
Neil Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have talked to a few people in Spartanburg that are having issues with SCETV. All are using the flat indoor antennas. Has anyone found one that works well on VHF high channels? Rabbit ears are my usual recommendation, but a of of people consider them unsightly.
Neil Griffin is offline  
post #11973 of 12661 Old 03-01-2018, 08:59 AM
Member
 
roxors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Griffin View Post
I have talked to a few people in Spartanburg that are having issues with SCETV. All are using the flat indoor antennas. Has anyone found one that works well on VHF high channels? Rabbit ears are my usual recommendation, but a of of people consider them unsightly.
I live on the east side of Spartanburg, in a low-lying neighborhood with many mature trees and can now only receive WBTV from Charlotte, WYFF, and FoxCarolina and their subchannels. And all of them pixellate pretty frequently. Only using a flat antenna indoors. I hate to put an antenna on the roof. TVFool shows little availability at my location even with an antenna. Can no longer get PBS at all via antenna since they abandoned 49, and also can no longer get 7 and 62, which I had been able to get pretty regularly. Maddening. Tired of paying DirecTV, and I know there are other options (have tried Playstation Vue and right now have YouTube TV to see what might be best), but no other option has it all, including PBS.

Plus I watch a lot of things on my Roku and Samsung Smart TV where you need to input your cable or satellite provider and associated login and password to get access. An example of this would be the NBC Sports app, where I could watch many of the untelevised Olympic events live. Fox Sports Go is another example. And don't get me started on NFL Sunday Ticket, which is pretty much the only reason I still use DirecTV. Can't believe they haven't opened it up to other providers when the NFL is having the ratings issues they've been having.
roxors is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #11974 of 12661 Old 03-02-2018, 04:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 6,433
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Griffin View Post
I have talked to a few people in Spartanburg that are having issues with SCETV. All are using the flat indoor antennas. Has anyone found one that works well on VHF high channels? Rabbit ears are my usual recommendation, but a of of people consider them unsightly.
If you are determined to use a flat panel, supposedly the Winegard Flatwave is designed a bit better for VHF than the Mohu Leaf. The unamped version Winegard may still be sold at Home Depot, and there is an amplified version available from various online vendors. But I agree for VHF and FM radio the rabbit ears tend to work better. There is a cheap brand rabbit ears and loop from Onn brand sold at Walmart for $8.88.
tylerSC is online now  
post #11975 of 12661 Old 03-02-2018, 04:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 6,433
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxors View Post
I live on the east side of Spartanburg, in a low-lying neighborhood with many mature trees and can now only receive WBTV from Charlotte, WYFF, and FoxCarolina and their subchannels. And all of them pixellate pretty frequently. Only using a flat antenna indoors. I hate to put an antenna on the roof. TVFool shows little availability at my location even with an antenna. Can no longer get PBS at all via antenna since they abandoned 49, and also can no longer get 7 and 62, which I had been able to get pretty regularly. Maddening. Tired of paying DirecTV, and I know there are other options (have tried Playstation Vue and right now have YouTube TV to see what might be best), but no other option has it all, including PBS.

Plus I watch a lot of things on my Roku and Samsung Smart TV where you need to input your cable or satellite provider and associated login and password to get access. An example of this would be the NBC Sports app, where I could watch many of the untelevised Olympic events live. Fox Sports Go is another example. And don't get me started on NFL Sunday Ticket, which is pretty much the only reason I still use DirecTV. Can't believe they haven't opened it up to other providers when the NFL is having the ratings issues they've been having.
You may need a better indoor antenna, as some flat panels have limitations. Also possibly add an amplifier if you don't have. The Clearstream 2MAX can be used as an indoor antenna, and it is sold at Walmart but cheaper on Walmart online. Also consider Terk HDTVa which has both rabbit ears and a good UHF element, and an amp.
tylerSC is online now  
post #11976 of 12661 Old 03-03-2018, 01:02 PM
Senior Member
 
tustinfarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I am in Athens, GA...which is between Atlanta and Greenville, and I have my Stellar Hi-VHF/91XG/RCA preamp combo pointed at Atlanta, which works great. I can reliably receive most the channels that dip down to roughly -5 dB for NM...

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...9038a7bb9a1f55

For a long time I wondered why I couldn't reliably get a lock on WPBA-RF 21, as a second PBS station (with a different schedule than WGTV RF 8) on my channel roster, despite the fact that its S/N ratio on a spectrum analyzer was usually >15 dB, as are similar stations with predicted NM values close to or below zero. Then a couple of days ago I decided to zoom in on the ATSC pilot signal at 512.31 MHz on the spectrum analyzer, and voila I detected a second RF 21 pilot tone signal about 22 Hz higher than WPBA. Snapshot of the signal plot attached....really cool illustration of co-channel signals!

Sleuthing the rabbitears RF 21 maps I deduced that WHNS RF 21 from Greenville might be the co-channel interference I am seeing on RF 21 at my location....perhaps a back side lobe on the 91XG picking it up enough to stamp out WPBA. However, WHNS shows up on the tvfool plot as RF 17, but rabbittears has it moving from 21 to 17 in the future.

So for you Greenville area OTA experts...can you confirm if WHNS is still on RF21? And if it still is, what is the repack phase/timing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wpba pilot.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	2369584  
tustinfarm is offline  
post #11977 of 12661 Old 03-03-2018, 02:13 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 14
^WHNS is still on RF 21. It like all the GSAA stations are scheduled to move between August 3rd - Sept 6th 2019.
If SC ETV gets the power and tower height increases they've asked for you most likely will able to get them in Athens when they move from VHF 9 to VHF 8.

Last edited by rtripboy; 03-03-2018 at 02:25 PM.
rtripboy is offline  
post #11978 of 12661 Old 03-03-2018, 02:54 PM
Senior Member
 
tustinfarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtripboy View Post
^WHNS is still on RF 21. It like all the GSAA stations are scheduled to move between August 3rd - Sept 6th 2019.
If SC ETV gets the power and tower height increases they've asked for you most likely will able to get them in Athens when they move from VHF 9 to VHF 8.
Thanks for verifying that WHNS is still on RF 21. I may be able to play with the direction of my 91XG antenna to see if I can null it out on the backside, possible enabling WPBA...but good to know they will vacate RF21 next year.

Regarding the ETV station moving from RF 9 to 8....indeed I believe that is why WGTV in Atlanta is moving from RF 8 to 7. Will be fun to see how all of these RF channel signals shake out once the repack is done. Helps keep my OTA hobby going strong if nothing else.
tustinfarm is offline  
post #11979 of 12661 Old 03-03-2018, 04:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 6,433
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked: 225
[QUOTE=tustinfarm;55788844]Thanks for verifying that WHNS is still on RF 21. I may be able to play with the direction of my 91XG antenna to see if I can null it out on the backside, possible enabling WPBA...but good to know they will vacate RF21 next year.

Regarding the ETV station moving from RF 9 to 8....indeed I believe that is why WGTV in Atlanta is moving from RF 8 to 7. Will be fun to see how all of these RF channel signals shake out once the repack is done. Helps keep my OTA hobby going strong if nothing else.[/QUOTE

In Athens, GA you may possibly pick up some GSP stations with a fringe antenna. Perhaps WYFF-4 (RF36) or WSPA-7 or even WHNS on 21. I would have to look at the coverage maps. But as mentioned, WHNS is currently RF21 but will move to 17 in 2019. The TV Fool is not currently accurate for all listings as some have the future repack channels instead of the current ones.
tylerSC is online now  
post #11980 of 12661 Old 03-03-2018, 06:41 PM
Senior Member
 
tustinfarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post

In Athens, GA you may possibly pick up some GSP stations with a fringe antenna. Perhaps WYFF-4 (RF36) or WSPA-7 or even WHNS on 21. I would have to look at the coverage maps. But as mentioned, WHNS is currently RF21 but will move to 17 in 2019. The TV Fool is not currently accurate for all listings as some have the future repack channels instead of the current ones.
Indeed I do get some of the GSP signals from the sidelobes of my antennas occasionally, on those special nights when things are running "hot" on the VHF/UHF bands. On the other hand, at my location the direction TVFool displays for the GSP area points directly at a six story concrete/steel apartment building....right across from the street from my house(!). But I'm happy as a clam with all of the ATL signals pouring in from an unobstructed view to the west. I happen to be sitting near one of the better "signal veins" for the weakest ATL channels (if you've ever plotted station maps at TVFool you know what I am referring to). Pure dumb luck location-wise, and I had no idea these TV signal treasure awaited me for the decades I paid for cable TV...until I started tinkering with an outdoor antenna back in 2016. And that large outdoor antenna on the rooftop looks very authentic...sitting on a mid-century modern style of home architecture. All I need to add now is a B&W console television (with a digital converter box of course), to complete the indoor authenticity!
tustinfarm is offline  
post #11981 of 12661 Old 03-04-2018, 03:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 14
^What I want is a Philco Predicta. Even one of the replicia versions would do.

Last edited by rtripboy; 03-05-2018 at 06:32 AM.
rtripboy is offline  
post #11982 of 12661 Old 03-05-2018, 06:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 6,433
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Griffin View Post
I have talked to a few people in Spartanburg that are having issues with SCETV. All are using the flat indoor antennas. Has anyone found one that works well on VHF high channels? Rabbit ears are my usual recommendation, but a of of people consider them unsightly.
I just bought the new RCA antenna at Walmart in the blue box and it works very well for High VHF and well as UHF. Model #1560E Platinum Antenna. Comes with SmartBoost amplifier. I am in Greenville County near Mauldin, and it gets 7 and 13 no problem as well as SCETV RF9. (29). Also gets all strong local UHF channels including 4 and 21, and even WBTV from Charlotte which is very good for indoor antenna. I believe it was about $32.00, and it is somewhat omnidirectional as I found a sweet spot that got everything. But it still needs to be aimed for optimal reception, especially weaker channels.
tylerSC is online now  
post #11983 of 12661 Old 03-05-2018, 06:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
LMckin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spartanburg,SC
Posts: 709
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I just bought the new RCA antenna at Walmart in the blue box and it works very well for High VHF and well as UHF. Model #1560E Platinum Antenna. Comes with SmartBoost amplifier. I am in Greenville County near Mauldin, and it gets 7 and 13 no problem as well as SCETV RF9. (29). Also gets all strong local UHF channels including 4 and 21, and even WBTV from Charlotte which is very good for indoor antenna. I believe it was about $32.00, and it is somewhat omnidirectional as I found a sweet spot that got everything. But it still needs to be aimed for optimal reception, especially weaker channels.
Can you get those other Charlotte Stations like 18,36,33

I'm using this type antenna https://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=HDB4X with a pre amp i can get all stations real good except for channel 9 and 64 and 14 in Hickory i get 9 and 64 sometime at night i have the antenna inside facing a window hanging on a metal clothes rack.
LMckin is offline  
post #11984 of 12661 Old 03-05-2018, 06:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 6,433
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMckin View Post
Can you get those other Charlotte Stations like 18,36,33

I'm using this type antenna https://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=HDB4X with a pre amp i can get all stations real good except for channel 9 and 64 and 14 in Hickory i get 9 and 64 sometime at night i have the antenna inside facing a window hanging on a metal clothes rack.
With an indoor antenna I only get WBTV-3. With attic antenna I get 36, 46, and 55. Sometimes 9 and 18 at night. Have you tried to scan for WSOC translator? It is 9.9 and 64.9. Actual channel 30. Main 9.1 is channel 34. Probably you need good preamp.
tylerSC is online now  
post #11985 of 12661 Old 03-05-2018, 06:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
LMckin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spartanburg,SC
Posts: 709
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
With an indoor antenna I only get WBTV-3. With attic antenna I get 36, 46, and 55. Sometimes 9 and 18 at night. Have you tried to scan for WSOC translator? It is 9.9 and 64.9. Actual channel 30. Main 9.1 is channel 34. Probably you need good preamp.
Yes i have scan i did picked those translator channel up at one time.

here what my pre amp look like https://www.walmart.com/ip/Winegard-...2tR4#read-more it a Winegard Lna-200 Boost Xt Outdoor Digital Tv Antenna Preamplifier (lna200)

Last edited by LMckin; 03-05-2018 at 07:03 PM.
LMckin is offline  
post #11986 of 12661 Old 03-07-2018, 09:48 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 14
The 32" Sceptre TV that I ended up getting for $85 arrived yesterday.

First impressions:
The picture is really good.
The speakers are awful. It does have an equalizer, so I've got it where it sounds all right, but not great.
The tuner is not as sensitive as the LG tuners in my Vizios. But I think it will be okay.

Walmart "upgraded" my order and sent the new version of this TV. The main difference is 3 HDMI inputs instead of 2.

However, I was thinking of wall mounting this TV. The one I ordered had the bolt pattern I needed for the mount I already have. 100mm x 100mm. The one they sent has a 200mm x 100mm pattern. That won't work with the mount I have. (I was thinking of cutting a thin piece of plywood to fit the pattern on the TV, then drilling holes in the plywood for the mount I want to use.)

Since I ordered I discovered that Consumer Reports says Sceptre has reliability issues. But it was cheap, if it lasts a year or two I can't complain.

Last edited by rtripboy; 03-08-2018 at 10:21 PM.
rtripboy is offline  
post #11987 of 12661 Old 03-08-2018, 05:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 6,433
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked: 225
WSPA has apparently been granted a requested power increase to 33.5kw according to the FCC permit, after the repack move to channel 11. As well as an increase in height on the tower. This should perhaps improve their current coverage on channel 7, from 75 to 77 miles. They should have a good, strong omnidirectional signal, which is currently more easily receivable than 13-WLOS in the Upstate. I can get WSPA with a UHF antenna. Both CBS channels WSPA and WBTV should continue to have strong overlapping signals in the Upstate. ABC remains the shortcoming in some areas, although WSOC-9 from Charlotte may improve somewhat on 19 around Spartanburg, because of the lower channel and still 1000kw full power. Still pending is SCETV channel 29-WNTV which is moving from 9 to 8. They are requesting a very high power for VHF at 208kw, which may be the highest VHF in the nation. That seems a bit high in terms of VHF, but I guess they want to overcome the loss of 43 in Spartanburg. But very interesting the much lower power levels for VHF compared to UHF for the same coverage area. Meanwhile, WYCW-62 is running crawls regarding the shutdown of 45 at the end of the month and is advising viewers to rescan as they will move the shared signal to sister station channel 7-WSPA.
tylerSC is online now  
post #11988 of 12661 Old 03-11-2018, 01:54 PM
Senior Member
 
realoldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: columbus, nc
Posts: 329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 20
No scrolls on 62.3. Guess we are losing 62.3.
realoldman is offline  
post #11989 of 12661 Old 03-14-2018, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 6,433
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by realoldman View Post
No scrolls on 62.3. Guess we are losing 62.3.
They have not announced yet. They may be upgrading encoders to keep all the subchannels, or they may drop some. But we know they will keep CBS and CW. And I hope they will keep MeTV. Perhaps they will change CW to 720 feed to maintain better bandwith for all the channels. But some folks who watch WSPA on 62.2 will need to upgrade for better High VHF antenna. But the power boost and taller height after the repack may help. I currently get main WSPA 7.1 very strong near Mauldin.
tylerSC is online now  
post #11990 of 12661 Old 03-14-2018, 12:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 6,433
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I just bought the new RCA antenna at Walmart in the blue box and it works very well for High VHF and well as UHF. Model #1560E Platinum Antenna. Comes with SmartBoost amplifier. I am in Greenville County near Mauldin, and it gets 7 and 13 no problem as well as SCETV RF9. (29). Also gets all strong local UHF channels including 4 and 21, and even WBTV from Charlotte which is very good for indoor antenna. I believe it was about $32.00, and it is somewhat omnidirectional as I found a sweet spot that got everything. But it still needs to be aimed for optimal reception, especially weaker channels.
Also tried GE 34140 Stealth Antenna from Walmart. Very good VHF reception for 7 and 13, and got all the local UHF channels as well. Also got WBTV-3 from Charlotte. Good indoor antenna. But you need to add an amplifier for best performance. I used the RCA inline amp that came with the RCA 1560 Platinum antenna. The GE 34140 was the best antenna for pulling in 13-WLOS, which is the most problematic VHF channel. But works best with an amp. And was $29 on Amazon, but currently still $49 instore at Walmart. The RCA antenna does good for VHF, but signal strength is even better with this GE antenna.
tylerSC is online now  
post #11991 of 12661 Old 03-14-2018, 12:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
LMckin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spartanburg,SC
Posts: 709
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
They have not announced yet. They may be upgrading encoders to keep all the subchannels, or they may drop some. But we know they will keep CBS and CW. And I hope they will keep MeTV. Perhaps they will change CW to 720 feed to maintain better bandwith for all the channels. But some folks who watch WSPA on 62.2 will need to upgrade for better High VHF antenna. But the power boost and taller height after the repack may help. I currently get main WSPA 7.1 very strong near Mauldin.
If they keep 62.2 they may map it to the 7.1
LMckin is offline  
post #11992 of 12661 Old 03-14-2018, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
LMckin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spartanburg,SC
Posts: 709
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I just sent an email to WSPA Chief Engineer and he reply with this i reply back to him ask him about the 7.2 METV from his email it look like we may loose METV i hope not. if we do i will have to watch it Over the air on channel 18.3

Well it is official We will lose METV at Midnight on March 31,2018 Wspa Engineer said it wasn't enough Bandwidth Support METV channel. ;-( We have to hope that WHNS Fox 21 or (WYFF 4 come up with some bandwidth to support 3 channels) and add METV.

Below will be the channel lineup after April 1. Even though WYCW will be on RF ch 7 it will still retain its PSIP channel of 62.1.



7.1 - WSPA

7.3 - ION

62.1 - WYCW

62.3 – GetTV





Charlie Wofford

Chief Engineer

WSPA-TV & WYCW-TV

Last edited by LMckin; 03-14-2018 at 07:30 PM. Reason: correct a typo
LMckin is offline  
post #11993 of 12661 Old 03-14-2018, 03:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 14
^That's a shame. I think lots of people are gonna be really upset about that.

It won't affect me as I can get it from WGTA from Toccoa.

Can any of you guys receive WGTA?

Northland Cable in Pickens/Oconee carries them.
rtripboy is offline  
post #11994 of 12661 Old 03-14-2018, 03:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
LMckin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spartanburg,SC
Posts: 709
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtripboy View Post
^That's a shame. I think lots of people are gonna be really upset about that.

It won't affect me as I can get it from WGTA from Toccoa.

Can any of you guys receive WGTA?

it won't effect me too much except i won't be able to record anything from that channel on my cable DVR i have a OTA Digital converter box that i can record little to a USB Thumb drive and record from WCCB 18.3 I kindle wish they would had drop ION and Kept METV i guess they going with a 720 for CW instead of a 480
LMckin is offline  
post #11995 of 12661 Old 03-14-2018, 04:03 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Trip in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA, US
Posts: 16,459
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1408 Post(s)
Liked: 516
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA
I fully expect Me-TV to reappear on WYFF. Hearst carries Me-TV in many markets and appears to have a very good relationship with Weigel. I have no inside information, just seems sensible.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Trip in VA is online now  
post #11996 of 12661 Old 03-14-2018, 04:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
LMckin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spartanburg,SC
Posts: 709
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
I fully expect Me-TV to reappear on WYFF. Hearst carries Me-TV in many markets and appears to have a very good relationship with Weigel. I have no inside information, just seems sensible.

- Trip
I hope you right Trip at one time WYFF was testing to see if they support a another sub channel i hope it does re appears on WYFF

so metv can keep it tittle METV Carolina kindle like Movies Carolina as i will have to switch back and fourth between cable and over the air for WCCB to watch METV and i think at times WCCB pre empts METV for ball games
LMckin is offline  
post #11997 of 12661 Old 03-14-2018, 07:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 6,433
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
I fully expect Me-TV to reappear on WYFF. Hearst carries Me-TV in many markets and appears to have a very good relationship with Weigel. I have no inside information, just seems sensible.

- Trip
I am disappointed WSPA will not carry MeTV. I would have thought they would choose to keep that instead of Ion. But hopefully they will move to WYFF-4 for MeTV. In Spartanburg you can get WCCB-18.3 but not Greenville.
tylerSC is online now  
post #11998 of 12661 Old 03-14-2018, 07:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 6,433
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtripboy View Post
^That's a shame. I think lots of people are gonna be really upset about that.

It won't affect me as I can get it from WGTA from Toccoa.

Can any of you guys receive WGTA?

Northland Cable in Pickens/Oconee carries them.
I cannot get WGTA near Mauldin. Not a trace of signal. Looks like they are trying to be an Atlanta station rather than GSP.
tylerSC is online now  
post #11999 of 12661 Old 03-14-2018, 07:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 6,433
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMckin View Post
it won't effect me too much except i won't be able to record anything from that channel on my cable DVR i have a OTA Digital converter box that i can record little to a USB Thumb drive and record from WCCB 18.3 I kindle wish they would had drop ION and Kept METV i guess they going with a 720 for CW instead of a 480
The CW is currently 1080i on Channel 62, RF45. They will possibly change to the 720p transmission for CW to help with the bandwith, but that remains to be seen. I hope they keep CBS in 1080i and don't drop the bandwidth.
tylerSC is online now  
post #12000 of 12661 Old 03-14-2018, 07:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
LMckin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spartanburg,SC
Posts: 709
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I am disappointed WSPA will not carry MeTV. I would have thought they would choose to keep that instead of Ion. But hopefully they will move to WYFF-4 for MeTV. In Spartanburg you can get WCCB-18.3 but not Greenville.
I'm disappointed with them decide on keep ION instead of METV also i guess we can blame the corp owners nextstar for the decision

and i guess with the possible change the CW to a 720 i guess that what eat up most of the Bandwidth since the 480 use very little bandwdth. and with the main channel 7 a 1080

I guess those in Greenville and Asheville NC Area problem be out of Luck with METV since those too far to get the charlotte station and problem too far to get the TOCCOA GA station
LMckin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Tags
fox giving me trouble too. , i must be experiencing atmospheric block out

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off