Detroit, MI - HDTV - Page 428 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 390Likes

post #12811 of 12953 Old 07-11-2019, 11:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 705 Post(s)
Liked: 583
I'm not having issues with either station in Flushing.

Yes the "Token" thing pops up on me from time to time and it's very annoying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12812 of 12953 Old 07-11-2019, 11:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDon View Post
Token has expired? I type mini-novels on here all day and haven't seen that.
I've had it happen a couple times before. I have to hit <shift>-refresh to make it stop.

Quote:
My buddy at WWJ-DT says nothing's changed on their end. But he's looking into it.
Dunno what to tell you. They definitely used to run about 83% here, and now they're down to about ±75%.
post #12813 of 12953 Old 07-11-2019, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2317 Post(s)
Liked: 4397
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEMIJim View Post
Dunno what to tell you. They definitely used to run about 83% here, and now they're down to about ±75%.
If they were doing tower work or on the aux, it'd be a whole lot lower than 10% down.

Similar story: After hurricane Irma, one of the Tampa stations dropped by more than a third. Wasn't me as my array is intact and in the attic. Wasn't them, either, according to their chief.
SEMIJim likes this.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12814 of 12953 Old 07-13-2019, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I've had issues with WWJ on channel 44 for probably 8 months now. The signal goes up in strength and goes back down. Just before writing this I saw it go between 75 and 98% all within a minute, but seemed to stay mostly between 88 and 92%. That's today. Some days it fluctuates so much I cannot watch it. On the other hand, WTVS channel 43 seems to be rock solid at 98% all the time, on the same tower as WWJ. WDIV, which is on channel 45 is also stable. We'll see what happens when WWJ changes channels next March. Maybe then I can drop CBS All Access. Or not. My wife says they do this to make you subscribe to All Access.
post #12815 of 12953 Old 07-13-2019, 12:20 PM

I watched WTVS again and saw that there actually was a small amount of fluctuation...between 95 and 100%. While this is not enough to impact me, someone in a fringe area may have trouble receiving it too.

And I did drop a line to WWJ early on when the problem first arose. I was told that they are not doing anything, and since no one else complained, it must be my problem. Really? Obviously others are having issues too. I would recommend anyone having reception issues with these or other stations to let them know. If only one or two people say anything to them, they can write it off.
post #12816 of 12953 Old 07-13-2019, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary S View Post
Maybe then I can drop CBS All Access. Or not. My wife says they do this to make you subscribe to All Access.
What... and miss out on another season of Trek? It's blasphemy, I tell ya!

Honestly, CBSAA has replaced my DVR for CBS shows. PQ's better and they don't miss the rejoins. The affiliate in Tampa often sails well past a rejoin. Been better about it, lately, but when you least expect it, they'll go deep enough into the 3rd or 4th act to miss important dialog.

It's not Detroit, but I've had a similar issue with CBS-owned WTOG in Tampa that started right after Hurricane Irma. Signal was 2/3rds of what it had been before and dropped below that often enough to wreck recordings. Checked with the chief.. nope, nothing on his end. No damage and was running at full power. Didn't think it was on my end as the antennas are in the attic and are undisturbed by weather. Other stations from the same tower farm were fine. Gave up on watching them altogether, though I'd periodically TRY to see if things had improved. Then, last week, we tore out the sports loft with its five screens and two radios and... TOG was back full. Now, WWSB out of Sarasota won't come in. SMH.

post #12817 of 12953 Old 07-13-2019, 02:47 PM

Actually for me it's Twilight Zone, and my wife likes The Good Fight (if she's not having one with me.) And you can't fast forward through the commercials it.

If it was just a steady 20 or 30% drop, I could work with it, but the fluctuation of this much every few minutes is hard to deal with.
post #12818 of 12953 Old 07-13-2019, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Actually for me it's Twilight Zone, and my wife likes The Good Fight (if she's not having one with me.) And you can't fast forward through the commercials it.
Watched the first three TZs and is just didn't impress me like the original did. As for commercials, there's no way I WASN'T shelling out the extra $4 to skip those.

Quote:
If it was just a steady 20 or 30% drop, I could work with it, but the fluctuation of this much every few minutes is hard to deal with.
Coincidentally, WTOG is also on 44 at the moment. I had wondered if Irma damaged a billboard that's close to my place. It was replaced by a fancy electronic one about a month ago. There's also an industrial park, nearby and a really close cell tower. I don't suspect the tower, but lord knows what all goes on in that industrial park.

Guess it's time for you to bring the spectrum analyzer home from work and see what's interfering. Or do what I do and just throw more aluminum at it until it works.

post #12819 of 12953 Old 07-14-2019, 09:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I've had issues with WWJ on channel 44 for probably 8 months now.
I had trouble with WWJ-TV back in May, 2018 and then, again, more recently. Signal would be solid at around 83%, but signal quality and symbol quality would be all over the map. Turned out a few others, elsewhere in the U.S., were experiencing the same thing. Finally somebody sent somebody out to capture some raw signal data, it was sent to the demod chip manufacturer, they determined what was the anomaly, and released a microcode update that Silicon Dust incorporated into one of their updates. *Poof* - problem gone.

Quote:
The signal goes up in strength and goes back down.
The only time I have that problem with WWJ-TV is when the wind's blowing. I think, for us, it's primarily tree issues.

Quote:
On the other hand, WTVS channel 43 seems to be rock solid at 98% all the time, on the same tower as WWJ.
See, for us, WTVS performance is pretty much the same as WWJ-TV's. It's mostly ok on calm days. But when the wind gets going both can become unwatchable.

I'm hoping that problem is cured when they move way down in frequency as a result of the repack.

Quote:
Or do what I do and just throw more aluminum at it until it works.
Personally, I'm leery of spending more money on OTA TV, what with ATS 3 on the horizon. I'm already wondering if the $1100+ I spent on a whole-house networked TV/DVR solution was a wise investment.

Last edited by SEMIJim; 07-14-2019 at 09:20 PM.
post #12820 of 12953 Old 07-15-2019, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Personally, I'm leery of spending more money on OTA TV, what with ATS 3 on the horizon. I'm already wondering if the $1100+ I spent on a whole-house networked TV/DVR solution was a wise investment.
Why wouldn't it be? I dumped about the same into my home-built HTPC and it's pretty much paid for itself compared to DVR charges I'd have incurred. And that doesn't include the cost savings of ripping BDs, in/outbound streaming and so forth. About the only upgrades I've made to it are storage-related. Still has the original Hauppauge tuning cards in it and first-generation capture box (for the DirecTV receiver). Must be about 8 years old, now. The only money I wasted on it was buying a 4-tuner CableCARD device, which worked great for the first month. Then, Bright House locked down the CCI on every stinking channel, making recordings stuck to the HTPC. Couldn't play them anywhere else in the house nor offload them. So, THAT went up on E-bay.

It's not like any antenna you get won't work should ATSC 3.0 become a factor. Electromagnetics is electromagnetics. You can also bet on Hauppauge or someone releasing a tuner card once enough markets light up.

post #12821 of 12953 Old 07-15-2019, 09:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Why wouldn't it be? I dumped about the same into my home-built HTPC and it's pretty much paid for itself compared to DVR charges I'd have incurred.
[snip]

It's not like any antenna you get won't work should ATSC 3.0 become a factor. Electromagnetics is electromagnetics.
I estimate it'll take us roughly another 1-1/2 years to break even over what a minimal streaming, cable or satellite subscription would have cost us. After that we'll be saving approximately $37/mo. The concern is ATSC 3 and whether or not DRM will render the DVR inoperable.

So, yeah, though I sometimes wonder: The truth is I shouldn't.

Quote:
You can also bet on Hauppauge or someone releasing a tuner card once enough markets light up.
Oh, I'm certain SD will have ATSC 3 network tuners. So, for live TV, that's all we'll have to replace. DVR'ing is the main concern. The industry has made entry into that market nigh impossible save for the biggest players with the deepest pockets.
post #12822 of 12953 Old 07-15-2019, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I estimate it'll take us roughly another 1-1/2 years to break even over what a minimal streaming, cable or satellite subscription would have cost us. After that we'll be saving approximately $37/mo. The concern is ATSC 3 and whether or not DRM will render the DVR inoperable.
Thing is, ATSC 3 isn't a hard switch. Even once up, there's a minimum of a 5-year 1/3 simulcast, which will likely be extended until tuner penetration reaches the point sunsetting 1 won't impact non-MPVD ratings. There's also the possibility it never catches on and those stations who switched.. switch back. Gotta figure, anything you put together is good for 5 years minimum.. more likely 10.

Hunch of mine. And hear me out. Knowing the players involved, I have a feeling the Detroit ATSC 3.0 "coalition" is aiming at the Big Three as WE did with HD Radio. I think the endgame is a mobile entertainment package targeted toward seatback systems and other portable uses. In return, carmakers gain access to the datastream that could, for example, puts Waze-like traffic information into navigation units without the need for an XM signal or third-party cellular data delivery. Even better, feeding up-to-the-second actual traffic, signal light, emergency responder and other data right into the computer of a self-driving car could be a game-changer. And I hate that term. If I'm right about this, the 1/3 simulcast could extend indefinitely. Again, just my hunch.

Bottom line: Wouldn't worry about your HTPC becoming obsolete anytime soon. Heck, my biggest concern is what to do when Windows 7 EOL happens, next year.

Doc

post #12823 of 12953 Old 07-15-2019, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by statmanmi View Post
Hi again thebeeguy,

I responded to your thoughts in the Flint, MI thread a bit earlier.

I'm a big fan of the offerings from Antennas Direct, but their dipole has a slim chance of getting WHNE. Two reasons why:

* It's not long enough, as it's intended for High-VHF (RF7-13). I read on this or another site that the length of it is ideal for RF10--so smack dab in the middle of High-VHF. Since WHNE is approved to go to Low-VHF RF3, the "wingspan" of an antenna for RF3 calculates out be just under 8 feet for the wavelength...not the approximately 3 feet of the Antennas Direct offering.

* WHNE is and will continue to be low power. Even with their filing this month asking for a higher output, their fringe coverage is only estimated to stretch to maybe Holly and Ortonville.

~~~~~~~~~

If you're wanting to be prepared for the off chance that have WHNE possibly reach you, consider an antenna with a wide beamwidth, such as:

https://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=hd8200xl

I'd say watch for when they have it up in their "Deal of the Day" list, and drive down to Novi, MI to save the shipping costs.

~~~~~~~~~

I bet you get WJRT (RF12, VC12) with just about anything, since you're rather close by. Likely the only other High-VHF signal to try for is WJBK (RF7, VC2). If it were me, I'd be trying to add this antenna:

https://www.newark.com/stellar-labs/...nna/dp/71Y5462

with a UVSJ (UHF/VHF Signal Joiner) to keep your 4-bay if it's serving you well for all other desired channels. Examples being:

https://www.newark.com/stellar-labs/...ner/dp/48Y8153
https://store.antennasdirect.com/antenna-combiner.html
https://www.radioshack.com/products/...itter-combiner

(The first two are ready to be on the mast, whereas the last one would best be out of the weather.)

Even with that effort, and perhaps adding a mast-mounted pre-amplifier (paying attention to having the DC current pass through the joiner to reach it), I'd doubt you'd get WJBK at all times.

Maybe you'll turn me in to a liar. You mentioned in a post that you used to get WJBK...was that in the last few years, or back in the analog TV days of 2009 and prior?

Good luck! Cheers ~ Statmanmi

I bought the dipole and it did absolutely nothing. Didn't even improve WJRT 12.

So I was wondering if the Clearstream 5 might be a better option. Would it work on VHF-LOW for WHNE when it goes to channel 3?

https://www.amazon.com/ClearStream-I.../dp/B002E1UNWS
post #12824 of 12953 Old 07-15-2019, 01:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeeguy View Post
So I was wondering if the Clearstream 5 might be a better option. Would it work on VHF-LOW for WHNE when it goes to channel 3?

If you're really close to it, it might. That's a UHF and VHF-Hi antenna. FYI:

Bands, Channels, Frequencies and Wavelengths (quarter wave)

VHF-Lo, 2-6: 54-88MHz, 4.31-2.89 ft.

VHF-Hi, 7-13: 174-216MHz, 1.39-1.15 ft.

UHF (now): 14-69, 470-806MHz, 6.2-3.7 in.

UHF (post-repack): 14-36, 470-605MHz, 6.2-4.9 in.
post #12825 of 12953 Old 07-16-2019, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Clearstream 5 not designed for low VHF

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeeguy View Post
I bought the dipole and it did absolutely nothing. Didn't even improve WJRT 12.

Hi again thebeeguy,

Antennas Direct didn't design the Clearstream 5 for low VHF, only high VHF. Page 3 of this PDF from their own document shows how the gain tails off quickly under 174 Mhz (RF channel 7):

https://manuals.solidsignal.com/C5-a...structions.pdf

You didn't like the looks of a large antenna per my previous post, but with WHNE intending to be on RF 3, even if they get the approval to increase power beyond their current construction permit, you'd have to be by Warwick Hills in your area to even be where the red shows on the Longley-Rice estimates map (thanks always to Trip and his site for great information!):

https://www.rabbitears.info/contour....b&site=1&map=Y

Today's one of the days where Solid Signal in Novi, MI has their 8200 on sale (see Deal of the Day #11 ):

https://www.solidsignal.com/Deal-Of-The-Day.asp

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Regarding WJRT (RF 12), it's surprising that even the add-on dipole didn't offer some improvement for you. This is probably what you tried, but it's a bit under-publicized from my perspective about how zip ties can be used with the dipole to attach it to the mast--which then allows for it to be squarely perpendicular to the desired high VHF broadcast. From your city, having the ends point generally NE and SW should face it up nicely to WJRT (RF 12) signal from by Chesaning and even WJBK (RF 7) from Southfield. That may put it at a bit different angle than your existing antenna that would connect into the UHF in on the add-on dipole. For my location in West Michigan, it paid off to be able to point it in a different direction than my UHF aerial.

Just sayin'

Cheers ~~ Statmanmi

Kent County, MI
post #12826 of 12953 Old 07-19-2019, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by statmanmi View Post
Hi again thebeeguy,

Antennas Direct didn't design the Clearstream 5 for low VHF, only high VHF. Page 3 of this PDF from their own document shows how the gain tails off quickly under 174 Mhz (RF channel 7):

https://manuals.solidsignal.com/C5-a...structions.pdf

You didn't like the looks of a large antenna per my previous post, but with WHNE intending to be on RF 3, even if they get the approval to increase power beyond their current construction permit, you'd have to be by Warwick Hills in your area to even be where the red shows on the Longley-Rice estimates map (thanks always to Trip and his site for great information!):

https://www.rabbitears.info/contour....b&site=1&map=Y

Today's one of the days where Solid Signal in Novi, MI has their 8200 on sale (see Deal of the Day #11 ):

https://www.solidsignal.com/Deal-Of-The-Day.asp

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Regarding WJRT (RF 12), it's surprising that even the add-on dipole didn't offer some improvement for you. This is probably what you tried, but it's a bit under-publicized from my perspective about how zip ties can be used with the dipole to attach it to the mast--which then allows for it to be squarely perpendicular to the desired high VHF broadcast. From your city, having the ends point generally NE and SW should face it up nicely to WJRT (RF 12) signal from by Chesaning and even WJBK (RF 7) from Southfield. That may put it at a bit different angle than your existing antenna that would connect into the UHF in on the add-on dipole. For my location in West Michigan, it paid off to be able to point it in a different direction than my UHF aerial.

Just sayin'

Cheers ~~ Statmanmi

Well I found a used Clearstream 5 on Craigslist for $30 the other day. Hooked it up and was able to pull in WJBK with a solid signal. Now I just need to combine it with my other antenna.
post #12827 of 12953 Old 07-31-2019, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I need some advice on what antenna I should get. Right now, I have an older antenna purchased from Radio Shack a few years ago. I now wish to watch and record "Married with Children" that is being shown on the Detroit station GetTV (WHNE-LD2 14.2). My reception on that channel is borderline, sometimes it can be tuned in, but will pause occasionally, but sometimes it will not tune at all. I am using HDHomeRun OTA tuners. I am thinking that just getting a larger antenna will solve that problem. Right now, I am getting about 35 usable channels, most of the major channels and sub channels.

I am Clarkston, MI.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/attac...596920&thumb=1

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/attac...596922&thumb=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	antenna (1).jpg
Views:	14
Size:	517.2 KB
ID:	2596920   Click image for larger version

Name:	guide.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	677.9 KB
ID:	2596922  
post #12828 of 12953 Old 08-01-2019, 06:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 76
New HD channels on Comcast/Xfinity:

the following 3 channels are now in HD, previously they were only available in SD

FS2 - 250
Pac-12 Network - 1329
Sec Network Alternate - 472/1322
post #12829 of 12953 Old 08-01-2019, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkss12 View Post
I need some advice on what antenna I should get. Right now, I have an older antenna purchased from Radio Shack a few years ago. I now wish to watch and record "Married with Children" that is being shown on the Detroit station GetTV (WHNE-LD2 14.2). My reception on that channel is borderline, sometimes it can be tuned in, but will pause occasionally, but sometimes it will not tune at all. I am using HDHomeRun OTA tuners. I am thinking that just getting a larger antenna will solve that problem. Right now, I am getting about 35 usable channels, most of the major channels and sub channels.

I am Clarkston, MI.
I ran a generic RabbitEars report for Clarkston: https://www.rabbitears.info/searchma...&study_id=1942 You should run one for your exact address and post the link. Your exact address won't be visible to anyone but you.

Hard to tell from the photo, but I'm assuming that's the south side of your house and that wall runs east-west. It looks like you're aiming right into trees. That could be a problem. That same antenna a little higher might work as well or better than more aluminum. Not sure I'd invest in a bigger UHF antenna as WHNE is moving to channel 3 in the repack.

post #12830 of 12953 Old 08-01-2019, 08:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1769 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:

I am Clarkston, MI.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/attac...596920&thumb=1

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/attac...596922&thumb=1
Try connecting the antenna directly to your TV or DVR. Splitters and other devices that are installed between your TV & antenna will degrade signal strength, especially on weaker stations. Check your coaxial cable and make sure all of it is RG6 and not the cheap RG59 as RG59 will result in signal loss. Also, I would straighten out the bent VHF elements on your antenna as that can affect reception on the UHF band as well. And yes, you should probably wait and buy a long range low VHF antenna if WHNE is moving to RF 3. I can personally tell you that any kind of interference will break up the signal on any station broadcasting on channels 2-6, and I doubt that your current antenna will be good enough to pull in a low powered station broadcasting on those channels.

Newer is not always better.
post #12831 of 12953 Old 08-01-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
I ran a generic RabbitEars report for Clarkston: https://www.rabbitears.info/searchma...&study_id=1942 You should run one for your exact address and post the link. Your exact address won't be visible to anyone but you.

Hard to tell from the photo, but I'm assuming that's the south side of your house and that wall runs east-west. It looks like you're aiming right into trees. That could be a problem. That same antenna a little higher might work as well or better than more aluminum. Not sure I'd invest in a bigger UHF antenna as WHNE is moving to channel 3 in the repack.
Thank you, DrDon. I went to that site yesterday, but could not figure out how to use it. I have done it before, but I forgot how to do it. Hell to get old.......Yes, that is the south side of the house. The trees are quite aways away, and does not seem to affect my other channels. I installed that antenna several years ago, but too old to get onto the roof now, and not sure how to make the mast taller and still use the same bracket.

When will they be doing the repack??

https://www.rabbitears.info/searchma...&study_id=1959
post #12832 of 12953 Old 08-01-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
Try connecting the antenna directly to your TV or DVR. Splitters and other devices that are installed between your TV & antenna will degrade signal strength, especially on weaker stations. Check your coaxial cable and make sure all of it is RG6 and not the cheap RG59 as RG59 will result in signal loss. Also, I would straighten out the bent VHF elements on your antenna as that can affect reception on the UHF band as well. And yes, you should probably wait and buy a long range low VHF antenna if WHNE is moving to RF 3. I can personally tell you that any kind of interference will break up the signal on any station broadcasting on channels 2-6, and I doubt that your current antenna will be good enough to pull in a low powered station broadcasting on those channels.
Thanks for your reply. All my cables are RG6 and less than 10 years old. I am too old to get onto my roof, I usually send my granddaughter up on the roof to "fix" the antenna arms. But that last storm a few months ago, created havoc with that antenna, and my granddaughter has been "too" busy to "fix" it.

I am not able to bring a cable directly from the antenna to a TV, because the drop from the antenna terminates just as it enters the basement.

All my other stations (35) work great, without any distortion.....

If I was 20 years younger, I would not hesitate to make physical movements of the antenna placement, but alas, the old body can barely move.
post #12833 of 12953 Old 08-01-2019, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
When will they be doing the repack??
WHNE's low-power, so they have to move sometime before Phase 8. They already have a CP. I'd think early next year at the latest. If they don't get it done by then, they may have to go off the air until they do.

Don't know if you know any amateur radio enthusiasts, but the one thing they like to do is help people out. Likely a six-pack and some burgers on the grill will get you a shiny new antenna tripod-mounted on the peak of your roof. Antenna not included.

If not, hit up some of the local "handyman" ads or sites. Might take some digging to find someone who's done that sort of thing ..and you'll have to research and purchase the antenna. Then hope it all works when WHNE changes. I think the safer bet is to just enjoy the stations you DO get and be prepared to forfeit GetTV. Worry about the antenna NEXT summer.

post #12834 of 12953 Old 08-01-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
WHNE's low-power, so they have to move sometime before Phase 8. They already have a CP. I'd think early next year at the latest. If they don't get it done by then, they may have to go off the air until they do.

Don't know if you know any amateur radio enthusiasts, but the one thing they like to do is help people out. Likely a six-pack and some burgers on the grill will get you a shiny new antenna tripod-mounted on the peak of your roof. Antenna not included.

If not, hit up some of the local "handyman" ads or sites. Might take some digging to find someone who's done that sort of thing ..and you'll have to research and purchase the antenna. Then hope it all works when WHNE changes. I think the safer bet is to just enjoy the stations you DO get and be prepared to forfeit GetTV. Worry about the antenna NEXT summer.
I think I will take your advice and forget about GetTV for awhile............. A lot of expense just to watch "Married with Children", a few episodes, then forget about it....

Thanks for the help..........
post #12835 of 12953 Old 08-01-2019, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Quote:
I think I will take your advice and forget about GetTV for awhile............. A lot of expense just to watch "Married with Children", a few episodes, then forget about it....

Even cheaper to buy the complete series dvd set with NO commercials 27 buck skins. Good luck.

https://www.amazon.com/Married-Child...%2C1044&sr=8-2
billmich, DrDon and clarkss12 like this.

Twin Pioneer AVR Locomotives-Elite SC 97, SC 1222 7.2.4, DOLBY Atmos and DTS X, (Front Pre Out,) JBL Pro Synthesis LS Series Speakers, F L R-LS80, Cen-LS, S L R-LS60, SB L R-LS60, 4 Dolby Atmos Enabled Klipsch R41SA, Twin Klipsch R120SW. Mitz 73740 DLP, Sony UBP-X800, ATV G4, Yamaha ATS 1060 Sound Bar, True Depth Firestorm 2.0 3D Glasses, Harmony Hub with Utlimate 1 Remote, Broadlink RM Pro2, EYE Pad Air, Winegard FL6550A
post #12836 of 12953 Old 08-01-2019, 03:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

FYI... If you have a newer Samsung Smart UHD TV that has the TV Plus feature, you can stream Get TV for free. They recently added Get TV to the lineup about a month ago, and that's somewhat good for me because the over-the-air affiliate here in Cleveland is super compressed. The only downside is that you can't DVR the TV Plus channels, but it's better than nothing.

post #12837 of 12953 Old 08-01-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
FYI... If you have a newer Samsung Smart UHD TV that has the TV Plus feature, you can stream Get TV for free. They recently added Get TV to the lineup about a month ago, and that's somewhat good for me because the over-the-air affiliate here in Cleveland is super compressed. The only downside is that you can't DVR the TV Plus channels, but it's better than nothing.
I have the "65" Samsung 4K TV (UN65KU6500), but I can't find the GetTV app........
post #12838 of 12953 Old 08-01-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNEWoLF View Post
Even cheaper to buy the complete series dvd set with NO commercials 27 buck skins. Good luck.

https://www.amazon.com/Married-Child...%2C1044&sr=8-2
Good point..
post #12839 of 12953 Old 08-01-2019, 03:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have the "65" Samsung 4K TV (UN65KU6500), but I can't find the GetTV app........
There is no GetTV app... TV Plus is an integrated feature on 2018 and newer Samsung Smart TV's. The channel for Get TV should be 1261. Bring up your channel list and look for an icon on the far right side labeled TV Plus. If you don't see the TV Plus icon, then your TV may not support it.

Last edited by snowdog 88; 08-01-2019 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Re-worded post
post #12840 of 12953 Old 08-01-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
There is no GetTV app... TV Plus is an integrated feature on 2018 and newer Samsung Smart TV's. The channel for Get TV should be 1261. Bring up your channel list and look for an icon on the far right side labeled TV Plus. If you don't see the TV Plus icon, then your TV may not support it.

Found it!! But the quality is like watch an old VCR tape..... But it should work for watching "Married with Children".

I have a coaxial lead connected to the TV (can you imagine using a TV as a TV), but only use it as a comparison. I normally use my HDHomeRun tuners for live and recorded TV. I use the DVR and Guide from my Emby server.

Here is a video showing my Emby client running the HDHomeRun Premium channels, but they no longer exist.

Thank you........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Tags
1edge , 2edge , antenna , dish , dxing , satellite , television , tvfool , yagi , yagi uda

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page