Detroit, MI - HDTV - Page 434 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 396Likes

post #12991 of 12998 Old 01-09-2020, 10:08 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Our HDHR QC sees it, but comes up with "Weak Signal!" when trying to access it. Our new LG TV doesn't find it in a scan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12992 of 12998 Old 01-16-2020, 06:14 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 89
WDIV-DT OTA Issue

I've been seeing horizontal lines of blocking on 4.1, with fast motion. I first saw it on SNF a few times and lately on some commercials. The blocking at any point is probably less than 10% of the screen height and varies in size, length and duration, but it's only on fast moving images.

It's not a signal issue because I have as strong a signal as Windows Media Center can measure, and the issue is not seen on the other SD subchannels, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4. It also preceded 4.4 COZI TV being added recently.

Anyone else see this?

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #12993 of 12998 Old 01-16-2020, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 2382 Post(s)
Liked: 4568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H View Post
WDIV-DT OTA Issue

I've been seeing horizontal lines of blocking on 4.1, with fast motion. I first saw it on SNF a few times and lately on some commercials. The blocking at any point is probably less than 10% of the screen height and varies in size, length and duration, but it's only on fast moving images.

It's not a signal issue because I have as strong a signal as Windows Media Center can measure, and the issue is not seen on the other SD subchannels, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4. It also preceded 4.4 COZI TV being added recently.

Anyone else see this?
Can you get a screenshot?

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12994 of 12998 Old 01-16-2020, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
WDIV-DT OTA Issue

Anyone else see this?
I watched a little of Today this morning that included some fast movement in the show and commercials without any issues. I will watch several shows recorded tonight during the day tomorrow and report after doing so.
post #12995 of 12998 Old 01-17-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary S View Post
I watched a little of Today this morning that included some fast movement in the show and commercials without any issues. I will watch several shows recorded tonight during the day tomorrow and report after doing so.
I watched the Channel 4 news last evening, as I always do, and one of the shows from last night so far and no lines or pixelization have been seen. You may have a tuner or antenna issue, as you seem to have more issues than me (both WDIV and CBET.) You are farther out (Ann Arbor vs. Plymouth/Livonia), but you say you measure a strong signal.
post #12996 of 12998 Old 01-17-2020, 08:28 PM

Edit

I had a brief tuner issue and a rescan finds 50.5, Circle TV, a new network focused on country music.

Last edited by Ken H; 01-17-2020 at 08:43 PM.
post #12997 of 12998 Old 01-17-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary S View Post
I watched the Channel 4 news last evening, as I always do, and one of the shows from last night so far and no lines or pixelization have been seen. You may have a tuner or antenna issue, as you seem to have more issues than me (both WDIV and CBET.) You are farther out (Ann Arbor vs. Plymouth/Livonia), but you say you measure a strong signal.

Gary, thanks for your input.

Yes, I do have intermittent issues with CBET as they only show 20% signal strength at best, and it seems a bit less consistent since the antenna work they did recently.

As for WDIV, it's 100% signal, always. I'll get a screen shot and report back.

post #12998 of 12998 Old 01-18-2020, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Gary, thanks for your input.

Yes, I do have intermittent issues with CBET as they only show 20% signal strength at best, and it seems a bit less consistent since the antenna work they did recently.

As for WDIV, it's 100% signal, always. I'll get a screen shot and report back.
Remember that besides signal strength there is signal quality. You can have good strength but there could be something affecting the quality of the picture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Tags
1edge , 2edge , antenna , dish , dxing , satellite , television , tvfool , yagi , yagi uda

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page