Charlotte, NC - OTA - Page 430 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 527Likes

post #12871 of 12880 Old 10-12-2019, 11:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1322 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by realoldman View Post
You mention a 4 bay and 8 bay in attic. Do you have both?
Yes I have both but right now only the 4bay is connected because I was able to move it to better location to get both WSOC and WCCB. I want to move the 8bay and see if I can get better signal but it is larger so have to find good spot where it fit. But the 4bay work good and get everything. It is Stellar Labs version with LNA 200 Winegard preamp. I have separate antenna for WLOS and WGGS, but still working to improve on that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12872 of 12880 Old 10-12-2019, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I get the WSOC signal reliably now in Spartanburg County, just west of I-26, which is technically beyond their fringe contour. But WAXN only comes in at night. No mountains blocking the WSOC signal at my location, but WAXN has lower power and a directional pattern, so the height doesn't help as much here. Ever since UNC-TV signed off of the 19 translator, the WSOC signal improved. Only 2 or 3 bars at times during the day, but I don't lose the signal. And tonight at 7pm before I left for work, I was getting WSOC at 5 and 6 bars with indoor Antop amplified antenna on the first floor. So now a good signal, especially at my distance. I actually struggle more now with WLOS. Eventually I want to adjust the 8bay in the attic to get a better signal for WSOC. Right now I have just a 4bay in the attic and it gets the same results as the Antop downstairs. And the 4bay pull in all the Dallas signals at a full 10 bars, and WJZY is strongest at peak 36.11db SNR. So very satisfied now, just working to optimize WSOC, WCCB, WLOS, and WGGS. And WCCB is about the same as WSOC. Just hope it maintains after they go back to side mount.
I spent a lot of time aiming my antenna and finally got a hot spot where I can get WCCB-Smith Mountain RF34 and WSOC-Charlotte. Locked it down tight. WJZY-WBTV-WCNC always easy to get for me so antenna aim not critical for those stations; can be off axis ±20 degrees. Hope WHKY will complete their antenna install this week, that's the last station I wait for.
post #12873 of 12880 Old 10-12-2019, 11:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny antenna View Post
I spent a lot of time aiming my antenna and finally got a hot spot where I can get WCCB-Smith Mountain RF34 and WSOC-Charlotte. Locked it down tight. WJZY-WBTV-WCNC always easy to get for me so antenna aim not critical for those stations; can be off axis ±20 degrees. Hope WHKY will complete their antenna install this week, that's the last station I wait for.
Do you have a separate antenna for GSP and AVL stations or use a rotor? And do you get WSOC Smith mountain?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12874 of 12880 Old 10-13-2019, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Do you have a separate antenna for GSP and AVL stations or use a rotor? And do you get WSOC Smith mountain?
I can get both Smith Mountain stations but antenna must be pointed in different directions. Maybe due to nearby mountains refracting signal.
I use 3 antenna setup now. UHF Fracarro Blu920F pointed toward Charlotte/Smith Mountain joined with VHF Stellar Labs 30-2476 pointed to GSP/AVL for WLOS/WSPA. UHF Stellar Labs 30-2370 just for WYFF/WHNS. WUNE will come through side of any antenna since it's so strong.
post #12875 of 12880 Old 10-13-2019, 03:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny antenna View Post
I can get both Smith Mountain stations but antenna must be pointed in different directions. Maybe due to nearby mountains refracting signal.
I use 3 antenna setup now. UHF Fracarro Blu920F pointed toward Charlotte/Smith Mountain joined with VHF Stellar Labs 30-2476 pointed to GSP/AVL for WLOS/WSPA. UHF Stellar Labs 30-2370 just for WYFF/WHNS. WUNE will come through side of any antenna since it's so strong.
Does anyone still sell those Fracarro antennas in the U.S. anymore? Used to be a retailer in Michigan called Ability HDTV but he doesn't seem to be in operation anymore.
post #12876 of 12880 Old 10-13-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Does anyone still sell those Fracarro antennas in the U.S. anymore? Used to be a retailer in Michigan called Ability HDTV but he doesn't seem to be in operation anymore.
Summit Source has some Italian Fracarro antennas. I'm not sure if they're still importing them or just selling off the old stocks. https://www.summitsource.com/Search.aspx?k=fracarroThe Blu920F corner-reflector I have is much heavier than the Chinese made 30-2370 corner reflector. I still like the 30-2370; good value for $20 they usually sell for.
post #12877 of 12880 Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

WBTV have technical problem unable to broadcast 6:00 news. And signal issues this afternoon. There was Duke Power outage so maybe that was the issue. They show rerun so I switch back to WSOC for the news.
post #12878 of 12880 Old Today, 06:20 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Which station are not full power yet?
post #12879 of 12880 Old Today, 09:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by realoldman View Post
Which station are not full power yet?
I think WJZY have technical problem and may still be reduced power. But I still get good signal. And WCCB may still be reduced power while they on temp top mount antenna before they return to full power side mount. But don't know official status. And WHKY not yet full power and some of the UNC channels may still be reduced power.
post #12880 of 12880 Old Today, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
I think WJZY have technical problem and may still be reduced power. But I still get good signal. And WCCB may still be reduced power while they on temp top mount antenna before they return to full power side mount. But don't know official status. And WHKY not yet full power and some of the UNC channels may still be reduced power.
Improper use of tense and pronouns drives me nuts.
bdfox18doe and Retspin like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page