Dallas, TX - HDTV - Page 306 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 293Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #9151 of 9431 Old 06-21-2019, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JHBrandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: S. Garland, TX
Posts: 6,869
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2757 Post(s)
Liked: 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakstr View Post
And this is the CF I mentioned. Having to scan for a given station one day while others are "testing" in prep for another day, lighting up frequencies and what not.

Completely unacceptable IMO.

That said, THANK YOU for all your efforts to keep people informed. Right now I'm just doing without any thing that' changed until it all settles down.
That's probably the best strategy for most folks this week. Just wait for the dust to settle, then do full rescans to pick everyone up at their new RF homes. Trying to keep up with every change as it happens is only for those of us with OCD....

BTW, @Trip in VA 's live bandscan has been invaluable in keeping up with all the changes this week. If I had to track it all by hand, I'd go nuts!

Last edited by JHBrandt; 06-21-2019 at 02:22 PM.
JHBrandt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9152 of 9431 Old 06-21-2019, 04:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JHBrandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: S. Garland, TX
Posts: 6,869
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2757 Post(s)
Liked: 1344
Someone is testing on RF 29 now. (Carrier only.) If it's KDTN, they may make the deadline after all, or at least not miss it by much. Edit: It just ended.

Last edited by JHBrandt; 06-21-2019 at 07:09 PM.
JHBrandt is offline  
post #9153 of 9431 Old 06-21-2019, 07:02 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Trip in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA, US
Posts: 16,575
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1481 Post(s)
Liked: 576
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA
In past phases, Trinity moved at 11:59PM on rescan day.


- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Trip in VA is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9154 of 9431 Old 06-21-2019, 07:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JHBrandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: S. Garland, TX
Posts: 6,869
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2757 Post(s)
Liked: 1344
That's fine, but did they unplug their pre-transition transmitter 12 hours in advance?
JHBrandt is offline  
post #9155 of 9431 Old 06-22-2019, 05:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JHBrandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: S. Garland, TX
Posts: 6,869
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2757 Post(s)
Liked: 1344
Houston, we've had a problem here.

Actually we had several problems, but the one I'm referring to concerns KDTX/58. I think they switched RF 21 on at 3 AM. Better late than never, but I don't think KWDA/30 ever switched their transmitter off, so I have signal strength of 100 and signal quality of zero on that frequency.

Can someone contact KWDA and get them to switch to RF 4, so we viewers can get both stations instead of neither?

Oh, and while you're at it, I don't think KDTX ever turned off their RF 45 transmitter. Still seeing an ATSC 1.0 carrier with zero channels there.
JHBrandt is offline  
post #9156 of 9431 Old 06-22-2019, 08:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HoustonPerson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3,869
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I have no idea what is happening in Dallas.

No 58.1 for sure.

Seems like some stations are still active with OLD RF's and/or with the NEW RF's at the same time.

Just nuts.

I called TBN station 58.1; and their message is "we are closed until Monday 8AM"

Both my Panasonic TV and my TiVo Bolt VOX have gone nuts.
HoustonPerson is offline  
post #9157 of 9431 Old 06-22-2019, 08:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JHBrandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: S. Garland, TX
Posts: 6,869
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2757 Post(s)
Liked: 1344
You are correct. Here's a quick summary.

Supposed to move, but still broadcasting on their old frequency:
  1. KDTN/2 (Daystar)
  2. KTXD/47 (also hosts 23.4 and 49.2)
  3. KAZD/55 (Azteca)

Off the air and/or screwed up (low-power except KDTX/58):
  1. KPFW/18
  2. KUVN-CD (note that KUVN is working, but their Class A translator is off the air)
  3. K25FW (HSN)
  4. KODF/26 (but see below)
  5. KWDA/30
  6. K31GL (Hot TV)
  7. KJJM/34 (The Country Network)
  8. KVFW/38 (Retro TV)
  9. KLEG-CD/44
  10. KATA/50 (Actually this one is gone for good)
  11. KHFD/51 (but see below)
  12. KDTX/58 (old RF still active, but no programming; new RF apparently getting interference from KWDA/30)

Stations hosting off-the-air channels:
  1. K26KC is hosting KHFD/51's channels
  2. KHPK/28 is hosting KODF/26's channels (except HSN/HSN2)

Edit: It just occurred to me that this fiasco is likely to screw up TiVo's program guide; possibly other DVRs too

Last edited by JHBrandt; 06-22-2019 at 09:10 AM.
JHBrandt is offline  
post #9158 of 9431 Old 06-22-2019, 09:57 AM
Member
 
schultdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I had a look at KDTX. RF 45 has good signal strength and quality but is 100% null packets. RF21 is KMPX.
schultdw is online now  
post #9159 of 9431 Old 06-22-2019, 10:39 AM
Member
 
PlnOTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by schultdw View Post
I had a look at KDTX. RF 45 has good signal strength and quality but is 100% null packets. RF21 is KMPX.
Same on my end. Seeing KMPX on both RF21 (?!?!) and RF30. Did someone hook up the wrong encoder to RF21?!
PlnOTA is offline  
post #9160 of 9431 Old 06-22-2019, 10:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JHBrandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: S. Garland, TX
Posts: 6,869
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2757 Post(s)
Liked: 1344
What the heck is KMPX doing on RF 21? They aren't even supposed to be moving!

This is getting crazier by the minute.
JHBrandt is offline  
post #9161 of 9431 Old 06-22-2019, 11:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HoustonPerson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3,869
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 20
My TiVo Bolt VOX under the check signal strength reports the following; all these stations report 100% signal strength but just less that half have a picture. I did not list any channels that are working ok.

You will see a lot of conflicts in Dallas.

Display Channel/Call Letters/RF #

7-1 KLTVDT 7
7-1 KQFW-LD 24
23-1 KUVNDT 23
23-1 KUVNDT 33
23-4 K46FFD4 46
26-1 KODF-LD 27
27-1 KDFIDT 27
28-1 KHPK-LD 28
28-1 SBN 10
29-1 KMPXDT 30
29-1 KMPX 21
30-1 KWDA-LD 21
39-1 KXTX-DT 40
39-1 KXTX-DT 36
47-1 KTXDDT 46
49-1 KSTRDT 23
49-1 KSTRDT 33
49-2 KSTRDT2 48
49-2 GET TV 46
49-3 KSTRDT3 23
49-3 GRIT 33
58-1 KDTXDT 45
HoustonPerson is offline  
post #9162 of 9431 Old 06-22-2019, 01:08 PM
Member
 
PlnOTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonPerson View Post
My TiVo Bolt VOX under the check signal strength reports the following; all these stations report 100% signal strength but just less that half have a picture. I did not list any channels that are working ok.

You will see a lot of conflicts in Dallas.

Display Channel/Call Letters/RF #

7-1 KLTVDT 7
7-1 KQFW-LD 24
23-1 KUVNDT 23
23-1 KUVNDT 33
23-4 K46FFD4 46
26-1 KODF-LD 27
27-1 KDFIDT 27
28-1 KHPK-LD 28
28-1 SBN 10
29-1 KMPXDT 30
29-1 KMPX 21
30-1 KWDA-LD 21
39-1 KXTX-DT 40
39-1 KXTX-DT 36
47-1 KTXDDT 46
49-1 KSTRDT 23
49-1 KSTRDT 33
49-2 KSTRDT2 48
49-2 GET TV 46
49-3 KSTRDT3 23
49-3 GRIT 33
58-1 KDTXDT 45
Looks like your channel list needs a bit of cleanup, as there are a lot of old entries in that list. For example, KQFW has been off the air for a year, KUVN has moved from 23 to 33 (23 is blank until KTXD moves to it), KLTV is out in Tyler so was probably just a tropo pickup, K46FF is probably a mistake because that's for a station in Colorado, etc. Might be good to do a full purge and rescan.
PlnOTA is offline  
post #9163 of 9431 Old 06-22-2019, 01:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JHBrandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: S. Garland, TX
Posts: 6,869
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2757 Post(s)
Liked: 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by schultdw View Post
I had a look at KDTX. RF 45 has good signal strength and quality but is 100% null packets. RF21 is KMPX.
Well, it looks like they finally got RF 45 shut off. Now if they can just start feeding the right station's data into RF 21, we'll be set!
JHBrandt is offline  
post #9164 of 9431 Old 06-22-2019, 05:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is anyone else having trouble with KTXA? Neither my TV nor my HDHomeRun can get a reliable signal on it today (and I rescanned both, of course). Signal quality is hovering around 49%. Almost seems like KPFW is still on the air or something. KTVT is coming in fine (90%), so I don't think it's on my end.
jd8000 is offline  
post #9165 of 9431 Old 06-22-2019, 05:41 PM
Member
 
schultdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 24
KTXA is working fine. Or at least Svengoolie is recording at the moment. The HDHR is reporting ss=85 and snq=100.


Looking back through the data, signal strength was zero for quite a while before KTXA started their transmitter.
schultdw is online now  
post #9166 of 9431 Old 06-22-2019, 06:11 PM
Member
 
PlnOTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Looks like they keep turning the RF21 transmitter on and off. Sometimes I see KMPX on it, other times I see no carrier at all. Hopefully they'll realize that the error doesn't lie with the transmitter itself, but what they're feeding into it.

Out of curiosity, I hooked up my antenna to a NTSC-compatible tuner. Looks like KNAV is still chugging along with its analog signal on RF22, broadcasting Jewelry TV.
PlnOTA is offline  
post #9167 of 9431 Old 06-22-2019, 07:49 PM
Senior Member
 
See The Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 408
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd8000 View Post
Is anyone else having trouble with KTXA? Neither my TV nor my HDHomeRun can get a reliable signal on it today (and I rescanned both, of course). Signal quality is hovering around 49%. Almost seems like KPFW is still on the air or something. KTVT is coming in fine (90%), so I don't think it's on my end.

I looked at KTXA 21.2 s numbers at 6:45 PM today for a friend who reported that at 6:30 she couldn't get 21.2, even after rescanning. I got 100% Quality, and 62% Strength of signal.



I guess we'll never know now if Wonder Woman was able to thwart the assassination attempt on Gen. Eisenhower..

Cable Channel Choice is the only choice I want to make !!
See The Light is offline  
post #9168 of 9431 Old 06-22-2019, 08:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JHBrandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: S. Garland, TX
Posts: 6,869
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2757 Post(s)
Liked: 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd8000 View Post
Is anyone else having trouble with KTXA? Neither my TV nor my HDHomeRun can get a reliable signal on it today (and I rescanned both, of course). Signal quality is hovering around 49%. Almost seems like KPFW is still on the air or something. KTVT is coming in fine (90%), so I don't think it's on my end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by See The Light View Post
I looked at KTXA 21.2 s numbers at 6:45 PM today for a friend who reported that at 6:30 she couldn't get 21.2, even after rescanning. I got 100% Quality, and 62% Strength of signal.

I guess we'll never know now if Wonder Woman was able to thwart the assassination attempt on Gen. Eisenhower..
KPFW's transmitter was in SE Dallas near Lancaster. If the folks having problems with KTXA live in that area, it could be that KPFW is still on and interfering with it. Seemed like KWDA stayed on RF 21 for some time this AM, so it wouldn't surprise me if KPFW forgot to shut theirs off too....
JHBrandt is offline  
post #9169 of 9431 Old 06-22-2019, 09:21 PM
Senior Member
 
See The Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 408
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 85
My Report:


Lost KLEG 44 yesterday afternoon.

Locast does not list KTXA Ch 21. I don't know if they ever did before.
Here are stations listed on Locast that have No Signal: 23, 49, 58.


Locast Listed stations in Total: 4, 5, 8, 11, 13, 23, 27, 29, 68, 33, 39, 49, 2, 58.



Here are the stations I get no signal from using the TV OTA receiver: 44, 58.

Cable Channel Choice is the only choice I want to make !!

Last edited by See The Light; 06-22-2019 at 09:30 PM.
See The Light is offline  
post #9170 of 9431 Old 06-23-2019, 05:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HoustonPerson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3,869
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlnOTA View Post
Looks like your channel list needs a bit of cleanup, as there are a lot of old entries in that list. For example, KQFW has been off the air for a year, KUVN has moved from 23 to 33 (23 is blank until KTXD moves to it), KLTV is out in Tyler so was probably just a tropo pickup, K46FF is probably a mistake because that's for a station in Colorado, etc. Might be good to do a full purge and rescan.
Interesting that you mention K46FF, this tells me that station has repurpose used equipment and had not changed the call letters. In any event, they have since changed it or turned it off.

Also, keep in mind that the channel conflict list was after a full clearing of all channels and full new channel rescan.

Over night there have been perhaps a dozen changes. I think most of the duplicates have been cleared out.

Still the station 58-1 is gone, no where to be found, at least at my house

I do get a lot of 23-X and 49-X Stations

Last edited by HoustonPerson; 06-23-2019 at 05:45 AM.
HoustonPerson is offline  
post #9171 of 9431 Old 06-23-2019, 06:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HoustonPerson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3,869
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 20
The following may have something to do with 58-1 TBN not working?

Seems this data from the tuners in my house change about every hour LOL

The TiVo currently reports:

29-1 KMPXDT RF 30
29-1 ExtrellaTV RF 18
29-1 KMPX RF 21

The RF 18 and RF 21 are currently the same picture and programming, the RF 30 for 29-1 is blank

30-1 KWDA RF 21 it is blank
HoustonPerson is offline  
post #9172 of 9431 Old 06-23-2019, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JHBrandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: S. Garland, TX
Posts: 6,869
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2757 Post(s)
Liked: 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlnOTA View Post
Looks like your channel list needs a bit of cleanup, as there are a lot of old entries in that list. For example, KQFW has been off the air for a year, KUVN has moved from 23 to 33 (23 is blank until KTXD moves to it), KLTV is out in Tyler so was probably just a tropo pickup, K46FF is probably a mistake because that's for a station in Colorado, etc. Might be good to do a full purge and rescan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonPerson View Post
Interesting that you mention K46FF, this tells me that station has repurpose used equipment and had not changed the call letters. In any event, they have since changed it or turned it off.

Also, keep in mind that the channel conflict list was after a full clearing of all channels and full new channel rescan.

Over night there have been perhaps a dozen changes. I think most of the duplicates have been cleared out.

Still the station 58-1 is gone, no where to be found, at least at my house

I do get a lot of 23-X and 49-X Stations
TiVo probably had to do a lot of the program guide cleanup themselves. AIUI TiVos don't use PSIP data at all; the data on which station is on which frequency has to come from the guide that TiVo delivers via Internet. They were probably expecting everyone to transition as planned; besides, they're somewhat famous for not doing as good of a job of keeping up with channel changes as TiVo's previous guide provider (Gracenote fka Tribune Media) did. That probably explains a lot of the nonsense in HoustonPerson's lineup.

Last edited by JHBrandt; 06-23-2019 at 10:49 AM.
JHBrandt is offline  
post #9173 of 9431 Old 06-23-2019, 10:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JHBrandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: S. Garland, TX
Posts: 6,869
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2757 Post(s)
Liked: 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by See The Light View Post
My Report:

Lost KLEG 44 yesterday afternoon.

Locast does not list KTXA Ch 21. I don't know if they ever did before.
Here are stations listed on Locast that have No Signal: 23, 49, 58.

Locast Listed stations in Total: 4, 5, 8, 11, 13, 23, 27, 29, 68, 33, 39, 49, 2, 58.

Here are the stations I get no signal from using the TV OTA receiver: 44, 58.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonPerson View Post
The following may have something to do with 58-1 TBN not working?

Seems this data from the tuners in my house change about every hour LOL

The TiVo currently reports:

29-1 KMPXDT RF 30
29-1 ExtrellaTV RF 18
29-1 KMPX RF 21

The RF 18 and RF 21 are currently the same picture and programming, the RF 30 for 29-1 is blank

30-1 KWDA RF 21 it is blank
That is correct. 44 went off the air temporarily because they couldn't make the deadline. They told the FCC they expect to return within two weeks: https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/da...6b7a7cb49412a4 (Link requires M$ Word or another .docx viewer; Wordpad works though)

58's new transmitter on RF 21 is running, but bizarrely is broadcasting a simulcast of KMPX. (Ironically, I can't think of two more different TV networks than TBN and Estrella!) This caused my DTVPal to push the "true" KMPX channels on RF 30 up to fake channel numbers 71.1 and 71.2 last night, then put the bogus KMPX on RF 21 in their place. Had to delete all four and rescan RF 30 to fix it today.

KWDA/30 is moving to RF 4 but isn't back on the air yet. That's another station TiVo needs to clean up in their guide.

Last edited by JHBrandt; 06-23-2019 at 10:30 AM.
JHBrandt is offline  
post #9174 of 9431 Old 06-23-2019, 11:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HoustonPerson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3,869
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 20
TiVo will probably not fix the guide part completely until about 7-10 more days, and not even start the full process until the 58-1 TBN is fixed.

So I have decided not to even bother with it until 58-1 TBN is actually on RF 21 with the actual programming.

Once I see the real TBN on the RF 21 /// 58-1, then I will start fixing it all. The antique Panasonic I have allows me to just enter RF 21 and once it actually shows 58-1, then I should be good to go.

There are still a few other stations a little wacko, but we normally do not watch those.
HoustonPerson is offline  
post #9175 of 9431 Old 06-23-2019, 12:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JHBrandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: S. Garland, TX
Posts: 6,869
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2757 Post(s)
Liked: 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonPerson View Post
Display Channel/Call Letters/RF #
7-1 KLTVDT 7
KLTV is actually a Tyler TV station, but if you live in the eastern part of the DFW metroplex (e.g. Terrell, Kaufman) you may be able to receive it. I guess that's why TiVo lists it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonPerson View Post
7-1 KQFW-LD 24
This station has never been on the air. NBC 5 has RF 24 now; if KQFW ever does go on the air, it will be on RF 11, broadcasting southward from Venus, TX, from where it will be lucky to get a dozen viewers (even though their coverage area does include the bustling metropolis of Hillsboro, TX). I suspect this construction permit is just a placeholder until HCCN can come up with something better, and is unlikely ever to be actually built.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonPerson View Post
28-1 KHPK-LD 28
28-1 SBN 10
RF 10 is the correct frequency, but this station moved last year! But as I said, TiVo isn't always on the ball with keeping their guide up-to-date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonPerson View Post
29-1 KMPXDT 30
29-1 KMPX 21
This, of course, is the fiasco we're dealing with now: KMPX on two frequencies. What's most interesting, though, is that TiVo apparently knows about this and incorporated it into their guide! That makes me think someone called them and told them KMPX was moving - which could be the same person who plugged KMPX's feed into the RF 21 transmitter yesterday. Obviously a huge misunderstanding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonPerson View Post
49-2 KSTRDT2 48
49-2 GET TV 46
That is actually correct; 49-2 KSTRDT2, aka Get TV, did move from RF 48 to RF 46. But they moved back in April! You'd think the old RF 48 listing would've been cleaned up by now.
JHBrandt is offline  
post #9176 of 9431 Old 06-23-2019, 06:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 11
KTXA is still a mess here today. Is anyone else in the stronger signal areas for KPFW (south Dallas, downtown, Uptown, Deep Ellum, Old East Dallas, and the Park Cities)? Those of you further out probably wouldn't see as much of an issue since KPFW is on such a short tower that their signal dies out a lot faster than KTXA's.
jd8000 is offline  
post #9177 of 9431 Old 06-23-2019, 06:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JHBrandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: S. Garland, TX
Posts: 6,869
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2757 Post(s)
Liked: 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd8000 View Post
KTXA is still a mess here today. Is anyone else in the stronger signal areas for KPFW (south Dallas, downtown, Uptown, Deep Ellum, Old East Dallas, and the Park Cities)? Those of you further out probably wouldn't see as much of an issue since KPFW is on such a short tower that their signal dies out a lot faster than KTXA's.
I haven't had any trouble with KTXA, but the angles are such that, when my antenna is aimed at Cedar Hill, KPFW's RF 18 signal was barely receivable at my home, so I'm probably not typical.

For reference, here's a coverage map of KPFW's RF 18 transmitter, courtesy of Trip's RabbitEars.info: https://www.rabbitears.info/contour....eb417ae&site=1. Everyone having trouble getting KTXA should zoom in to see where you live relative to KPFW's transmitter. If possible try reorienting your TV antenna so KPFW's signal is nulled, even if it means your antenna isn't pointed at Cedar Hill. That may not be possible if you live near the transmitter, or on a line connecting it to Cedar Hill.
JHBrandt is offline  
post #9178 of 9431 Old 06-23-2019, 07:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ed_in_tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NW Dallas TX
Posts: 1,521
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd8000 View Post
Is anyone else having trouble with KTXA?
I am currently unable to receive KTXA 21. Zero signal.
ed_in_tx is online now  
post #9179 of 9431 Old 06-23-2019, 07:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
I haven't had any trouble with KTXA, but the angles are such that, when my antenna is aimed at Cedar Hill, KPFW's RF 18 signal was barely receivable at my home, so I'm probably not typical.

For reference, here's a coverage map of KPFW's RF 18 transmitter, courtesy of Trip's RabbitEars.info: https://www.rabbitears.info/contour....eb417ae&site=1. Everyone having trouble getting KTXA should zoom in to see where you live relative to KPFW's transmitter. If possible try reorienting your TV antenna so KPFW's signal is nulled, even if it means your antenna isn't pointed at Cedar Hill. That may not be possible if you live near the transmitter, or on a line connecting it to Cedar Hill.
I'm too close (bright green area). Even with KPFW at 90° off my primary antenna it still clobbers KTXA.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ed_in_tx View Post
I am currently unable to receive KTXA 21. Zero signal.
You did rescan, right? The whole thing was brought on by KTXA moving to a new frequency, which seems like it might not have been vacated by the previous occupant. The signal is there on the new frequency, it's just trying to compete with something else. There's no signal at all on the old frequency right now since KDTN's move was delayed.
jd8000 is offline  
post #9180 of 9431 Old 06-23-2019, 07:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ed_in_tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NW Dallas TX
Posts: 1,521
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd8000 View Post


You did rescan, right? The whole thing was brought on by KTXA moving to a new frequency...
No did not know they were moving. What's the new RF channel?
ed_in_tx is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off