I'm in the plano area, near 75 & Legacy...
This is what antenna web spits back at me:
* blue - uhf KXTX-DT 40.1 TEL DALLAS TX 200° 36.8 40
* blue - uhf KTVT-DT 11.1 CBS Fort Worth TX 198° 36.8 19
* blue - uhf KERA-DT 13.1 PBS Dallas TX 198° 36.8 14
* blue - uhf KDAF-DT 33.1 WB Dallas TX 197° 39.2 32
* violet - uhf KDFW-DT 4.1 FOX Dallas TX 200° 37.0 35
* violet - uhf KFWD-DT 51.2 IND FORT WORTH TX 200° 36.5 51
* violet - uhf KUVN-DT 24.1 UNI GARLAND TX 200° 36.5 24
* violet - uhf KDTN-DT 2.1 PBS Denton TX 197° 39.2 43
* violet - uhf KPXD-DT 68.1 PAX Arlington TX 200° 36.6 42
* violet - uhf KSTR-DT 49.1 UNI IRVING TX 197° 39.2 48
* violet - uhf KTXA-DT 21.1 UPN Fort Worth TX 197° 39.2 18
* violet - uhf KXAS-DT 5.1 NBC Fort Worth TX 200° 36.8 41
* violet - vhf WFAA-DT 8.1 ABC Dallas TX 200° 37.0 9
It appears to me that the direction is nearly the same for all stations that support DTV.
One of my main issues is I live in an apartment so a rooftop antenna is not going to happen, so I'm restricted to an indoor antenna, or possibly the outdoor antenna that looks like dish-sized box. (mounted on my patio, of course)
I purchased a phillips antenna (box says good for HDTV) from walmart, and while the antenna not near any windows, could get at most a 30% signal, average around 15-20%. With the antenna near the window I was getting 30-40%, With a metal object behind the antenna I can actually get a barely watchable signal on some channels. The type of antenna is a small UHF loop.
After reading a post on here about the radio shack indoor antenna (bow-tie+reflector), I'm considering stopping by on my way home and picking that one up, returnning the other one.
What do you think, given the antennaweb listing and my results last night (during a bit of a storm, too... if that makes much difference)?
The good news was the signals seemed to be fairly steady, so I assume no ghosting... Suprisingly Univision was nearly flawless with the antenna near the window.
It's a bit frustrating
I recently purchased an HDTV card for my computer, the cable connection in that room appears to be crossed, signals come in weak, no color on analog channels, same signal on both A and B.