26Likes

post #8731 of 8795 Old 04-15-2019, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick313 View Post
I understand that, but having KQCK simulcast for both KQCK and KQDK seems completely unecessary since the programming is identical and will presumably reach the same audience.

Do you receive both KQCK (V33) and KQDK-CD (V39) OTA on separate channels in Lone Tree?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8732 of 8795 Old 04-15-2019, 08:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GE AVS View Post
Do you receive both KQCK (V33) and KQDK-CD (V39) OTA on separate channels in Lone Tree?
KQDK used to transmit on RF 39, but that changed a week or so ago, now I receive them both on RF 11.
post #8733 of 8795 Old 04-15-2019, 10:59 PM

Quote:
KQDK used to transmit on RF 39, but that changed a week or so ago, now I receive them both on RF 11.
According to the most recent FCC CBDS online information, KQDK-CD was granted Channel 16 (RF16) on 01/31/2018 which is the last activity on the FCC Website. No where can I find that KQDK-CD was or should be on RF11. I checked the Colorado Springs FCC data for the CTN station there and found no obvious explanation (KWHS was granted displacement to RF10 on 10/17/2018). It has been my experience that the FCC keeps their Web site data updated in a timely manner. Also, I am surprised you are receiving KQCK OTA in Lone Tree. Are you located up high on a ridge?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8734 of 8795 Old 04-16-2019, 06:36 AM
Advanced Member

I'm not sure about the topology, but there is a ridge just south of Lone Tree, so it's possible that the whole area is slighly elevated. I can't say that I receive KQCK well. The signal is very marginal but enough for my TV to decode and produce a very pixelated image and choppy audio. My reception of KQDK (virtual 39) used to be much better, but now it is the same as KQCK (virtual 33) and my TV shows both coming from RF 11. I assume that this is a temporary situation. I just thought I would mention it since it seemed odd.
post #8735 of 8795 Old 04-16-2019, 01:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 1
With the Phase 2 repack, a number of stations were forced into lower power, and a number of them were redirected more to serve Denver south.

KQCK RF11 comes from a transmitter on Horsetooth Mountain, west of Fort Collins. It is technically a Cheyenne TV station. It is also only 16kW VHF. I cannot receive it in Longmont, because its signal gets blocked by the foothills, in someway. I am surprised you can receive it, in any form, it almost 70 miles from its source

As for KQDK-CD, this one is an oddity. As there are two RF16s, now in operation. KBRO-LD (transmitter in Lyons) and KQDK (transmitter in Aurora). KBRO is 1.4 kW; KQDK is 2 kW. Neither will go far. Thought teh contour map has KQDK reaching as far north as Boulder and as far south as just north of Castle Rock. KBRO just covers Boulder, Longmont and Berthoud.

KPRJ and KPXC moved to a new tower, while KDEN stayer where it was. All are in Fredrick. KPRJ is now 660 kW and KPXC is 330 Kw. The signals were directed more southward towards Denver. They come in marginal here, in southwest Logmont.

The old RF16, RF26, Rf38 (now RF14, RF30), RF26 may or may not go to RF10, all redirected their signal south. The can no longer be received north of Baseline Road; or so. As KMGH 9RF7) was marginal here, losing RZCO (now RF30 with the old Rf28), makes ABC reception here marginal.

KDEO-LD which was borderline reception here, also redirected its signal south and reduced its power moving from RF46 b- Rf21.

In affect northern Colorado's losses were south Denver's gain.

There were two improvements with these changes. KSBS (which simulcasts KDCO) reception is much better. The same goes for KRMT (simulcast on RF20 with KDNF).

Thee remaining full power moves KDVR, KCEC and KETD will move a year from now.
KETD never reached this far north. KCEC will reduce power from 1000 kW to 660 kW., when it moves to RF32. KDVR will remain at 1000kW, when it moves to Rf36. KETD will increase power from 100kw to 200kw when it moves from RF45 to Rf15.

One last thing , some low power stations are suppose to move to RF3, Rf4, and RF10.

Quote:
I'm not sure about the topology, but there is a ridge just south of Lone Tree, so it's possible that the whole area is slighly elevated. I can't say that I receive KQCK well. The signal is very marginal but enough for my TV to decode and produce a very pixelated image and choppy audio. My reception of KQDK (virtual 39) used to be much better, but now it is the same as KQCK (virtual 33) and my TV shows both coming from RF 11. I assume that this is a temporary situation. I just thought I would mention it since it seemed odd.
post #8736 of 8795 Old 04-16-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmetro1 View Post
With the Phase 2 repack, a number of stations were forced into lower power, and a number of them were redirected more to serve Denver south.

KQCK RF11 comes from a transmitter on Horsetooth Mountain, west of Fort Collins. It is technically a Cheyenne TV station. It is also only 16kW VHF. I cannot receive it in Longmont, because its signal gets blocked by the foothills, in someway. I am surprised you can receive it, in any form, it almost 70 miles from its source

As for KQDK-CD, this one is an oddity. As there are two RF16s, now in operation. KBRO-LD (transmitter in Lyons) and KQDK (transmitter in Aurora). KBRO is 1.4 kW; KQDK is 2 kW. Neither will go far. Thought teh contour map has KQDK reaching as far north as Boulder and as far south as just north of Castle Rock. KBRO just covers Boulder, Longmont and Berthoud.

KPRJ and KPXC moved to a new tower, while KDEN stayer where it was. All are in Fredrick. KPRJ is now 660 kW and KPXC is 330 Kw. The signals were directed more southward towards Denver. They come in marginal here, in southwest Logmont.

The old RF16, RF26, Rf38 (now RF14, RF30), RF26 may or may not go to RF10, all redirected their signal south. The can no longer be received north of Baseline Road; or so. As KMGH 9RF7) was marginal here, losing RZCO (now RF30 with the old Rf28), makes ABC reception here marginal.

KDEO-LD which was borderline reception here, also redirected its signal south and reduced its power moving from RF46 b- Rf21.

In affect northern Colorado's losses were south Denver's gain.

There were two improvements with these changes. KSBS (which simulcasts KDCO) reception is much better. The same goes for KRMT (simulcast on RF20 with KDNF).

Thee remaining full power moves KDVR, KCEC and KETD will move a year from now.
KETD never reached this far north. KCEC will reduce power from 1000 kW to 660 kW., when it moves to RF32. KDVR will remain at 1000kW, when it moves to Rf36. KETD will increase power from 100kw to 200kw when it moves from RF45 to Rf15.

One last thing , some low power stations are suppose to move to RF3, Rf4, and RF10.

According to the FCC database, KPJR is still on the same tower at the same coordinates. Both KPJR and KPXC are at the same tower farm. They were both on the north tower. KPXC is now on the south tower. The two towers are just over 1,000 feet apart. So for practical purposes, KPXC is still at the same site. As to the ERP levels, the signal strength at any distance is stronger at lower frequencies for a given power input into the antenna. Thus, even with the power reductions, the 41 dBu Service Contours for practical purposes are again like the tower locations, still roughly the same for both stations.

The FCC database does show KETD has filed to increase their power level. However, it presently operates with 100 kW horizontal polarization only while the new ERP power will be 200 kW horizontal > vertical, i.e., a uneven power split between horizontal and vertical polarizations.

Needless to say there are many factors in play in the spectrum repack than a first glance may seem to indicate.

Last edited by GE AVS; 04-16-2019 at 10:04 PM.
post #8737 of 8795 Old 04-17-2019, 10:24 AM

The reduction in power, plush the addition of the tower, has affected the reception of both channels. By adding a second indoor antenna, couple with a second Tablo, about 40 feet from the other Tablo/antenna, I can receive both channels at full strength.

\
I use this as an antenna:

ClearStream Eclipse Amplified TV Antenna 20db inline Amplifier. It has a range of 50 miles, for both Tablos. Both antennas are three stories up.

So, my guess, is that line of sight changed, with the addition of the second tower., coupled with reduction in power.

The repack lowered strength of some stations, and redirected other away from Longmont. I used to receive over 70 main and sub channels, now I receive 56. And, I need two Tablos and two antennas to do it, where before I only needed one.

Quote:
According to the FCC database, KPJR is still on the same tower at the same coordinates. Both KPJR and KPXC are at the same tower farm. They were both on the north tower. KPXC is now on the south tower. The two towers are just over 1,000 feet apart. So for practical purposes, KPXC is still at the same site. As to the ERP levels, the signal strength at any distance is stronger at lower frequencies for a given power input into the antenna. Thus, even with the power reductions, the 41 dBu Service Contours for practical purposes are again like the tower locations, still roughly the same for both stations.

The FCC database does show KETD has filed to increase their power level. However, it presently operates with 100 kW horizontal polarization only while the new ERP power will be 200 kW horizontal > vertical, i.e., a uneven power split between horizontal and vertical polarizations.

Needless to say there are many factors in play in the spectrum repack than a first glance may seem to

indicate.
post #8738 of 8795 Old 04-17-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
The reduction in power, plush the addition of the tower, has affected the reception of both channels. By adding a second indoor antenna, couple with a second Tablo, about 40 feet from the other Tablo/antenna, I can receive both channels at full strength.

\

ClearStream Eclipse Amplified TV Antenna 20db inline Amplifier. It has a range of 50 miles, for both Tablos. Both antennas are three stories up.

So, my guess, is that line of sight changed, with the addition of the second tower., coupled with reduction in power.

The repack lowered strength of some stations, and redirected other away from Longmont. I used to receive over 70 main and sub channels, now I receive 56. And, I need two Tablos and two antennas to do it, where before I only needed one.

Also multipath interference may be a significant factor too as close as many of us are to the foothills and mountains much less any significant structures. I have some stations that exhibit cancellation of the signal due to varying multipath interference, i.e., signal level goes high then low oscillating back and forth or just stays low, signal to noise level drops to below 16 dB or lower, data errors go way up, and the decoding process never has a chance to lock or will not stay locked. It just depends on atmospheric conditions and/or time of day and/or season.
post #8739 of 8795 Old 04-30-2019, 11:24 AM
Advanced Member

Is it just me, or has KZCO been screwy since they moved to RF 30? There seems to be an issue with their PSIP or whatever it is that tells the tuner what the channel configuration is. Initially, I only had trouble with 7-4 where sometimes there was audio and sometimes there was not; but lately, I have been having trouble with both 7-1 and 7-4 not getting any picture or sound.

Whatever is going on with the virtual channels on RF 30 seems to confuse the tuners on both my TV and my TiVo. I don't think it's a signal quality issue. When KZCO was on RF 17, my signal level was usually around 55, and on RF 30 it is usually around 60, and for me, anything above 40 is usually pretty solid. Is anyone else having issues with KZCO?

Luckily, KMGH is available as a backup, but it's a little iffy for me sometimes, so it would be nice if both worked.
post #8740 of 8795 Old 04-30-2019, 12:09 PM

When KZCO moved from RF17 to RF30, three things occurred:

1.KZCO was to share the channel with what was on Syscomm's RF28 (which has been off the air since December).

2. The transmitter was redirected further southeast. Moved away from Longmont move towards Castle Rock. The same orientation as RF14. (Digital 16 and 26).
3. KPJR moved from RF38 to RF17.

Since repack none of the Syscomm stations transmit into Longmont area (RF14, RF30 and probably the soon to be activated RF10).

In theory, you should be receiving two sets of Digital Channels 7 or 17 and 28.

I would do a rescan maybe something got mixed up with the repack. aftermath.

By the way, KMGH RF7 only has 7.1 KMGH, 7.2 TV Azteca and 7.3 Laff. Though, I did see an ad on Laff last week advertising CourTV (yep, a third attempt at a 24x7 network showing court cases). My guess it will be 7.4. Though, the CourTV website indicates KWGN is dropping ThisTV and replacing it with CourTV, come November. CourtTV starts up tomorrow, 1 May.

I am curious if anyone is getting a signal on RF3, RF4 and/or RF10.

Quote:
Is it just me, or has KZCO been screwy since they moved to RF 30? There seems to be an issue with their PSIP or whatever it is that tells the tuner what the channel configuration is. Initially, I only had trouble with 7-4 where sometimes there was audio and sometimes there was not; but lately, I have been having trouble with both 7-1 and 7-4 not getting any picture or sound.

Whatever is going on with the virtual channels on RF 30 seems to confuse the tuners on both my TV and my TiVo. I don't think it's a signal quality issue. When KZCO was on RF 17, my signal level was usually around 55, and on RF 30 it is usually around 60, and for me, anything above 40 is usually pretty solid. Is anyone else having issues with KZCO?

Luckily, KMGH is available as a backup, but it's a little iffy for me sometimes, so it would be nice if both worked.
post #8741 of 8795 Old 04-30-2019, 12:21 PM
Advanced Member

Finally caught a glimpse of KQDK on RF 16 today. I used to receive them pretty well when they were on RF 39, but the signal on RF 16 today was barely there. It looks like they went from 1 to 2 kW ERP, so I would have expected better.
post #8742 of 8795 Old 04-30-2019, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
In theory, you should be receiving two sets of Digital Channels 7 or 17 and 28.
I am receiving the following virtual channels via RF 30. I have been having trouble with 7.1 and 7.4 recently, but I haven't noticed any issues with 28.* except that the aspect ratio is incorrect i.e. they expand the 4:3 video to fit widescreen TVs and cut off the top and bottom of the picture. I hate that!

7.1 ABC
7.4 Laff (this was changed from 7.3 to 7.4 and Azteca was dropped when they switched from RF 17 to RF 30)
28.1 Movies
28.2 Heroes and Icons
28.3 Soon (no programming currently, just a placeholder)
28.4 SBN (Son Broadcasting Network)
28.5 Faith USA

I am receiving the following virtual channels via RF 7. No recent changes.

7.1 ABC
7.2 Azteca
7.3 Laff

I have rescanned several times which has not cleared up the issues with 7.* on RF 30, so I am hoping that they will make some changes on the broadcast end. My TiVo keeps adding virtual channels 30-3 thru 30-9, but they aren't tunable, so I think it is getting confused by something in the broadcast stream.
post #8743 of 8795 Old 04-30-2019, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
the CourTV website indicates KWGN is dropping ThisTV and replacing it with CourTV, come November.
That's a bummer! I like ThisTV and have absolutely no interest in CourTV.
post #8744 of 8795 Old 04-30-2019, 01:28 PM

Have you tried scanning, with just your RV, without the TiVo? I am thinking that the TiVo memory may have gotten confused here.

Most TVs just receive a straight signal; you get the channel or not. TiVo and devices like it, sometimes won't give you a channel if it is not in their guide or it has corrupted programming data. So, eliminating the TiVo out of the loop may be a good starting point.

Also, thank you for letting me know what is on RF30. Too bad they redirected it away from Longmnt. After a lot of effort I was able to get RF7 to be received. I am not sure why they did not send at least RF14 or Rf30 up here to receive Movies! and H&I.

Quote:
I am receiving the following virtual channels via RF 30. I have been having trouble with 7.1 and 7.4 recently, but I haven't noticed any issues with 28.* except that the aspect ratio is incorrect i.e. they expand the 4:3 video to fit widescreen TVs and cut off the top and bottom of the picture. I hate that!

7.1 ABC
7.4 Laff (this was changed from 7.3 to 7.4 and Azteca was dropped when they switched from RF 17 to RF 30)
28.1 Movies
28.2 Heroes and Icons
28.3 Soon (no programming currently, just a placeholder)
28.4 SBN (Son Broadcasting Network)
28.5 Faith USA

I am receiving the following virtual channels via RF 7. No recent changes.

7.1 ABC
7.2 Azteca
7.3 Laff

I have rescanned several times which has not cleared up the issues with 7.* on RF 30, so I am hoping that they will make some changes on the broadcast end. My TiVo keeps adding virtual channels 30-3 thru 30-9, but they aren't tunable, so I think it is getting confused by something in the broadcast stream.
post #8745 of 8795 Old 04-30-2019, 01:35 PM

This is from its web site:

https://www.courttv.com/where-to-watch/?state=CO

I am not thrilled about it either. It does say 2.2 is ist channel. It is possible ThisTv may stay, but Comet or Charge may go, or they will move one of them to 2.5.

One thing to note, ThisTV and KWGN, are own by Tribune (for now), and it possible that This TV will remain, on KWGN, but on a different sub-channel. KWGN is 720p, so it can handle another 480i channel.

Being i saw an ad on Laff for this channel coming in May, I am wonder if that is the purpose of 7.4.

All I know is the repack broke more things than it fixed, I went from 70 channels to 54.

Quote:
That's a bummer! I like ThisTV and have absolutely no interest in CourTV.

Last edited by nmetro1; 04-30-2019 at 02:33 PM.
post #8746 of 8795 Old 04-30-2019, 02:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Have you tried scanning, with just your TV, without the TiVo?
Yes. My TV is several years old, so the TiVo generally does a better job with hard to decode channels, but both seem to have a problem with 7.4. The sound is sometimes there and sometimes not, usually not. 7.1 seems to come in okay on the TV, and the TiVo was not having any issue with it until this past weekend, but I think they changed something, and now the TiVo can't lock on to either 7.1 or 7.4. I never had any issues with KZCO before, so I'm guessing that something got mixed up on the encoding end when they switched to RF 30. I have had issues like this with other channels, and they have eventually been resolved, so I'm sure this will eventually get sorted out too.

Last edited by Rick313; 04-30-2019 at 02:57 PM.
post #8747 of 8795 Old 04-30-2019, 03:28 PM

What you did eliminated the TiVo out of the loop.

Your next route is to contact KMGH. Try the conatct7 e-mail, they at least monitor that e-mail. They are probably the best to contact.

When KZCO moved, they shut down the RF17 transmitter it was using. The RF30 transmitter belongs to Syncom Media Group. They own what was KLPD, LZDN and KHDT. I do know they used to do weird things to their channels all the time. I am actually surprised that KMGH (Scrips) took this route; most likely to save money. The effectively are "guests" on the KLPD transmitter. Syncon is much harder to get hold of.

Quote:
Yes. My TV is several years old, so the TiVo generally does a better job with hard to decode channels, but both seem to have a problem with 7.4. The sound is sometimes there and sometimes not, usually not. 7.1 seems to come in okay on the TV, and the TiVo was not having any issue with it until this past weekend, but I think they changed something, and now the TiVo can't lock on to either 7.1 or 7.4. I never had any issues with KZCO before, so I'm guessing that something got mixed up on the encoding end when they switched to RF 30. I have had issues like this with other channels, and they have eventually been resolved, so I'm sure this will eventually get sorted out too.
post #8748 of 8795 Old 05-01-2019, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Is it just me, or has KZCO been screwy since they moved to RF 30?
I stopped receiving KMGH on my TiVo yesterday on both are RF7 and RF30. I did a re-scan today using Tivo‘s rescan for new channels setting. That got KMGH back for me.

Michael
post #8749 of 8795 Old 05-02-2019, 07:25 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Also multipath interference may be a significant factor too as close as many of us are to the foothills and mountains much less any significant structures. I have some stations that exhibit cancellation of the signal due to varying multipath interference, i.e., signal level goes high then low oscillating back and forth or just stays low, signal to noise level drops to below 16 dB or lower, data errors go way up, and the decoding process never has a chance to lock or will not stay locked. It just depends on atmospheric conditions and/or time of day and/or season.
I'm in south Boulder (off Table Mesa) with a rooftop antenna (winegard HD7694P) and inline HDP-269(powered) amp. My reception has been all over the place here of late for a bunch of channel families - KPXC(RF43), KWGN(RF34), KDVR(RF32) KCEC(RF15) even KUSA occasionally on VHF9. Exacerbated by the big winds we've had. With the snow I haven't felt like getting up on the roof and playing with the aiming. Reading through recent posts it sounds like re-aiming may not resolve the issues if the transmission power or height being lowered is the issue. Sigh, it has all worked pretty well since I upgraded the antenna in 2009 with just the once a year or so fine tuning the antenna aiming after the chinooks. Multipath has always been an issue in Boulder - there are channels I "receive" but have never been able to lock signal. (Channel 3 comes to mind)

I've been thinking of adding a second antenna. Mostly for aiming in a different direction since the range is so tight - just a degree or so of movement and I lose channels and I'm not wanting to mess with an antenna rotor.

Has anyone added a second antenna? I was thinking I could go UHF only on this one. Do I need to consider swapping out for a different amplifier? The selling point on the HDP-269 was that it wouldn't overdrive strong signals.

Last edited by jafi1; 05-02-2019 at 08:10 AM.
post #8750 of 8795 Old 05-02-2019, 07:35 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
When KZCO moved from RF17 to RF30, three things occurred:

By the way, KMGH RF7 only has 7.1 KMGH, 7.2 TV Azteca and 7.3 Laff. Though, I did see an ad on Laff last week advertising CourTV (yep, a third attempt at a 24x7 network showing court cases). My guess it will be 7.4. Though, the CourTV website indicates KWGN is dropping ThisTV and replacing it with CourTV, come November. CourtTV starts up tomorrow, 1 May.
ugh - I took 9.3(Justice Network) out of my listings, guess I will be doing that with CourtTV as well. Someone is watching these all crime all day stations though.....

I miss weathernation on 9.2 - it was super convenient - having Cozi duplicated seems kinda pointless
Rick313 likes this.

Last edited by jafi1; 05-02-2019 at 08:09 AM.
post #8751 of 8795 Old 05-06-2019, 02:50 PM

First, KUSA duplicates COZI and drops WeatherPlus. Now, KMGH (RF7) duplicates Escape (from 14.4) on 7.2 and moved Laff to 7.4. 7.3 is now a gray screen. TvAzteca is now gone (maybe to 14.4?)

7.3 shows up in the Tablo Guide as "Soon".

Though, it is probably CourtTV:

From Wikipedia:

Relaunch as a digital broadcast television network

On December 10, 2018, Katz Broadcasting (owned by the E. W. Scripps Company) announced that they will relaunch Court TV as an over-the-air network following the acquisition of the intellectual property rights to the Court TV name and Court TV library from the Turner Broadcasting System.[11][12] The channel is expected to launch on May 8, 2019. Scripps has announced affiliation deals with Tribune Media (as well as a possibility of Nexstar Media Group stations, pending approval of Nexstar's acquisition of Tribune), and Univision Communications as of that date. Existing Scripps-owned stations are expected to announce affiliation as well.[11][12]
As part of the relaunched Court TV is expected to feature live court coverage with original Court TV anchor Vinnie Politan as lead anchor, Court TV and CNN producers John Alleva and Scott Tufts as vice presidents and managing editors.[13]

As mentioned before the CourtV website has 2.2 as an affiliate come November. Could this be another duplication?

This begs the question why can't H&I, Movies! and RetroTV be picked up by more powerful stations, instead of three low powered stations which overlap each other?

KBRO-LD which was broadcasting form Lyons on 16.1 - 16.3, stopped broadcasting last Thursday.

Last edited by nmetro1; 05-06-2019 at 03:40 PM.
post #8752 of 8795 Old 05-13-2019, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

\

I think there is misinformation being given here regarding stations being forced to operate at a lower power levels than prior to FCC repack. The FCC was quite clear in its mandate that stations duplicate coverage (my words) if changing frequency. The allowable variance in FCC protected contours, and population/household reach was kept to a minimum by design.

Also, regarding re-direction of broadcast patterns - that, too, seems to be misinformation.

Stations being repacked MAY operate at lower power, under an STA (Special Temporary Authority), while its new facilities are being built out, but in the long term power levels will be about the same as before.

Antenna polarization may change, but the FCC would not be paying for it under its reimbursement policy, and I would expect a minimal amount of stations to be self-funding for introducing some amount of V-pol if it currently operating with only H-pol.

Last edited by TC AVS; 05-15-2019 at 04:06 PM.
post #8753 of 8795 Old 05-25-2019, 10:25 AM

Re: Rocky Mountain PBS V6/RF33

Below from: http://www.rmpbs.org/rescan/

Update:
As of 6pm, Friday May 24, our new Denver antenna tower for KRMA is installed and operational. We will slowly bring the antenna to full power over the Memorial Day weekend, but many viewers should be able to find the signal as of now. If your rescan is still unsuccesful, you may need to wait until we reach full power on the 27th or 28th of May.
post #8754 of 8795 Old 05-25-2019, 08:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 4635 Post(s)
Liked: 2702
At this rate we'll see true ATSC 3.0 content... next to never.

Listen up, studios! Dolby Atmos Lite™ print-outs must stop!!
post #8755 of 8795 Old 05-26-2019, 01:56 PM

Thumbs up May 23, 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
At this rate we'll see true ATSC 3.0 content... next to never.

Media Bureau to Begin Accepting ATSC 3.0 License Applications
... beginning on May 28, 2019

https://www.fcc.gov/document/media-b...e-applications

Who will be first applicant in Denver and when??? Anyone care to speculate?

Last edited by GE AVS; 05-26-2019 at 08:47 PM.
post #8756 of 8795 Old 05-29-2019, 02:34 PM

Right now, it seems, Sinclair Broadcasting is leading the way with ATSC 3.0.

https://www.fiercevideo.com/video/si...sc-3-0-by-2020

https://www.multichannel.com/news/si...hes-atsc-chips

One has to realize, even if ATSC 3.0 is etsted, let alone launched, in Denver there are no consumer products available to receive ATSC 3.0 signals. Unless you know someone in South Korea who is willing to ship you an ATSC 3.0 converter. Closer to home, someone in Raleigh, North Carolina, as WRAL is testing ATSC 3.0.

Quote:
Media Bureau to Begin Accepting ATSC 3.0 License Applications
... beginning on May 28, 2019

https://www.fcc.gov/document/media-b...e-applications

Who will be first applicant in Denver and when??? Anyone care to speculate?
post #8757 of 8795 Old 05-29-2019, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
. . . In theory, you should be receiving two sets of Digital Channels 7 or 17 and 28.
I may be too late in the convo. But I'm working off a TapTalk eMail that I just got . . .
I am getting:
2 - 7.1 - KMGH (ABC)
2 - 7.2 - Escape
2 - 7.3 - Soon
2 - 7.4 - LAFF

One set is "flatter" than the other. I'm 6 miles North East of nmetro1. I have a Sony that can tell you "ALL" the info about the station you are watching, but it's on loan." If this is still a conversation when I get it back, I'll survey lose channels and post the info.

9's changes are strange. But then it was only a matter of time before they had to get UHF channels. I miss 9.2 also. The only other way to get it takes out the Denver aspect, they even transmit from Denver.

Last edited by FarmerBob; 06-01-2019 at 01:55 PM.
post #8758 of 8795 Old 05-31-2019, 03:40 PM

You may be receiving KMGH from both Lookout Mountain (RF7) and Windsor (RF26). RF30 )which also carries KMGH) may reach you from Lookout Mountain (difficult unless you have a good outdoor antenna), The way to check, is to see if you are also receiving digital 28.1 - 28.5. If you are not receiving Digital 28.1 - 28.5 , then your second KMGH signal is coming from Windsor, if you are, you are receiving KMGH on both RF7 and RF30.

My guess 7.3 (Soon) will be CourtTV, as the owners of KMGH (Scripps), also own CourtTV. THey same company also own Escape and Laff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerBob View Post
I may be too late in the convo. But I'm working off a TapTalk eMail that I just got . . .
I am getting:
2 - 7.1 - KMGH
2 - 7.2 - Escape
2 - 7.3 - Soon
2 - 7.4 - LAFF

One set is "flatter" then the other. I'm 6 miles North East of nmetro1. I have a Sony that could tell you "ALL" the info about the station you are watching, but it's on loan." If this is still a conversation when I get it back, I'll survey lose channels and post the info.

9's changes are strange. But then it was only a matter of time before they had to get UHF channels. I miss 9.2 also. The only other way to get it takes out the Denver aspect, even they transmit from Denver.
post #8759 of 8795 Old 05-31-2019, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
You may be receiving KMGH from both Lookout Mountain (RF7) and Windsor (RF26). RF30 )which also carries KMGH) may reach you from Lookout Mountain (difficult unless you have a good outdoor antenna), The way to check, is to see if you are also receiving digital 28.1 - 28.5. If you are not receiving Digital 28.1 - 28.5 , then your second KMGH signal is coming from Windsor, if you are, you are receiving KMGH on both RF7 and RF30.

My guess 7.3 (Soon) will be CourtTV, as the owners of KMGH (Scripps), also own CourtTV. THey same company also own Escape and Laff.
I have a great antenna. 50 mile capture distance, although the towers are only 15 miles. It's on the far left . . . That'll explain it. I have been meaning to go looking but just haven't. And yes, I do get all 28-1 thru 5. Thanks.

ADDED: Better pic of my current stand-a-lone antenna and what I had set up for the "Transition" when we were getting all levels of signals and AD "Bowtie" was not doing well with HVHF . . .

That was a Beta Test for Antennas Direct at which time that unit did not do HVHF well or at all and they just didn't get it. Now they have little dipoles on them and you can get add-ons (that they won't send me a set for free since they are basically my fault). Wankers!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1338.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	2574318   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00015_3.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	551.7 KB
ID:	2574640   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00006_6.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	2574642  

Last edited by FarmerBob; 06-01-2019 at 03:14 PM.
post #8760 of 8795 Old 06-01-2019, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
The way to check, is to see if you are also receiving digital 28.1 - 28.5. If you are not receiving Digital 28.1 - 28.5 , then your second KMGH signal is coming from Windsor, if you are, you are receiving KMGH on both RF7 and RF30.
I don't know what this means but I receive 7.1 through 7.4 and, also, 28.2 & 28.4. The 28.x channels do not duplicate the 7.x ones.
FarmerBob likes this.

1) Vizio PQ65-F1 and 2) Visio D32F-F1
Yamaha RX-A3080 - Darbee Darblet DVP-5000
Roku - 2) Ultra, 1) Premiere, 1) nVidia Shield
SageTV v9 - HD300, Tablo QUAD
4) SiliconDust HDHomeRun units (10 tuners)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page