Denver, CO - OTA - Page 293 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 26Likes

post #8761 of 8813 Old 06-02-2019, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I hope the following fills in the blanks. The Term RF (Receive Frequency), for this context can be either UHF 14 - 69, or VHF 2 - 13. The repack has changed the UHF range to channels 14 - 36. They also deciding to assign channels VHF 3 - 6, in addition to VHF 7 - 13. Though, anything on VHF 3 - 6 will have interference problems, as was the case with analog TV.

KMGH, in their infinite wisdom, decided to remain on VHF 7 after the digital conversion. KZCO the TV Azteca affiliate was assigned UHF 17. KMG,H to boost its coverage area, acquired KZCO and added KMGH's signal. Hence, why fro along time KMGH was seen on 7.1 and 17.1, and TV Azteca on 72., 17.2. A couple years ago, KMGH added Laff, thatwent on 7.3 and 17.3,

When the repack occurred, KMGH relinquished UHF17, and instead decided to start up a new channel on UHF 26 in Windsor. But, because of the issues they still have with VHF 7, they decided to move to UHF30. UHF30 (formerly UHF28) was owned by another company, and KMGH had to share UHF30 wit it.

So, as you reported you are receiving 7.1 - 7.4 (duplicate), and 28.2 and 28.4. Which means the signal you are receiving is from UHF30. And, considering you are six miles north of Longmont, using a good antenna, you are really on the fringe. UHF30 is only 15Kw. It's full strength stops just south of Niwot, and just east of 95th Street.

As for UHF17, that became home to KPRJ (Trinity Broadcasting) which was on UHF38.

By this time, next year, the repack will be complete. That is when KDVR moved from UHF32 to UHF36, KCEC moved from UHF15 to UHF32, This so, KETD can move from UHF45 to UHF15. Also, there a some low power TV station moves, but these stat ions are so low in power, they would never reach longmont, let alone your location.

Once all these changes are made, UHF 14 - UHF36 will be occupied. VHF 3 - 13 will be occupied by Denver, Colorado Springs or Cheyenne stations.

So, just curious, what is broadcasting 28.2 and 28.4? I was once told UHF30 was airing on 28.1 - 28.5, in addition to airing 7.4 - 7.4,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBoyd View Post
I don't know what this means but I receive 7.1 through 7.4 and, also, 28.2 & 28.4. The 28.x channels do not duplicate the 7.x ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8762 of 8813 Old 06-02-2019, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 14
RF is the abbreviation (or perhaps acronym) for "Radio Frequency" not "Receive Frequency", although logically it could also be "Receive Frequency". Conceptually, RF is generally a reference to the Radio Frequency band energy for discussion purposes. For instance, RF7 for North America television conceptually means the Radio Frequency energy of Channel 7 which is the electromagnetic radiation energy transmitted in the 6MHz band of 174 MHz-180 MHz. In the almost six decades I have worked in the broadcasting engineering industry, this is the first time I have ever seen someone state "RF=Receive Frequency".

Last edited by GE AVS; 06-02-2019 at 07:36 PM.
post #8763 of 8813 Old 06-03-2019, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmetro1 View Post
I hope the following fills in the blanks.
Thank you for responding. I am a complete novice at this issue so most of it went over my head but I am grateful for getting me started on getting caught up. I will study it further before asking any more questions.

A couple things of other things: I am located in Far Northeast Denver -- exactly, in a straight line, midway between the new airport (DIA) and the old one (Stapleton) -- and not north of Longmont. Also, note from my signature that while my knowledge of this issue is limited my equipment is not.

In answer to your question about what is broadcasting on 28.x:

I use Schedules Direct (http://www.schedulesdirect.org/) with the SageTV unit. It lists 28-2 as BIZ TV and 28-3 as KLPDLD3. 28.2 is currently broadcasting a Financial Show but 28.3 shows "No Signal."

The Tablo unit's EPG does not show 28.x at all.

A scan with the Vizio TVs show 28.1-Movies, 28.2-HNL, 28.3-Soon, 28.4-SBN, and 28.5-Faith TV. Interestingly, they all show as "Video Format not Supported" when clicking on them. FWIW, I don't know what that means and am not interested in pursuing it -- read "no time for that."

HDHomeRun lists 28.1-HSN Movies, 28.2-HnI, 28.3-Soon, 28.4-SBN, 28.4-Faith. All but .3 and .4 are currently broadcasting.

1) Vizio PQ65-F1 and 2) Visio D32F-F1
Yamaha RX-A3080 - Darbee Darblet DVP-5000
Roku - 4) Ultra, 1) nVidia Shield
SageTV v9 - HD300, Tablo QUAD, AirTV Pro, FireTV Cube
4) SiliconDust HDHomeRun units (10 tuners)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8764 of 8813 Old 06-06-2019, 01:33 PM

Apparently, KMGH took over KLPD RF/UHF 30 and what you are seeing are place holders for Digital 28 (which used to be UHF 28).

I have a Tablo and it does a great job scanning in signals. My guess, and this is only a guess, is that Syncon Media Group which operated KZDN,KLPD and KHDT has decided to just use KZDN (RF/UHF 14) for its channels, for the foreseeable future.

The bottom line, is that you are receiving KMGH on both VHF 7 and UHF 30. Why? Because KMGH, like KUSA, have trouble with getting a strong signal over VHF to its full coverage area. The KUSA main channel also broadcasts as 9.5 by sharing the signal with Digital Channel 20 (KTVD). If you were wondering why you receive KUSA on 9.1 and 9.5.

When I used to receive KMGH on VHF 7 and UHF 17 (its old location), I went with UHF 17, because it had a stronger, and more stable signal up here. I am not sure what they did, after the repack, but VHF 7 now comes in as string as UHF 17 used to.

Finally, you should be able to receive Movies! and H&I on 26.1 and 26.2 respectively, at least that was the case a few months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBoyd View Post
Thank you for responding. I am a complete novice at this issue so most of it went over my head but I am grateful for getting me started on getting caught up. I will study it further before asking any more questions.

A couple things of other things: I am located in Far Northeast Denver -- exactly, in a straight line, midway between the new airport (DIA) and the old one (Stapleton) -- and not north of Longmont. Also, note from my signature that while my knowledge of this issue is limited my equipment is not.

In answer to your question about what is broadcasting on 28.x:

I use Schedules Direct (http://www.schedulesdirect.org/) with the SageTV unit. It lists 28-2 as BIZ TV and 28-3 as KLPDLD3. 28.2 is currently broadcasting a Financial Show but 28.3 shows "No Signal."

The Tablo unit's EPG does not show 28.x at all.

A scan with the Vizio TVs show 28.1-Movies, 28.2-HNL, 28.3-Soon, 28.4-SBN, and 28.5-Faith TV. Interestingly, they all show as "Video Format not Supported" when clicking on them. FWIW, I don't know what that means and am not interested in pursuing it -- read "no time for that."

HDHomeRun lists 28.1-HSN Movies, 28.2-HnI, 28.3-Soon, 28.4-SBN, 28.4-Faith. All but .3 and .4 are currently broadcasting.
post #8765 of 8813 Old 06-06-2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
The KUSA main channel also broadcasts as 9.5 by sharing the signal with Digital Channel 20 (KTVD). If you were wondering why you receive KUSA on 9.1 and 9.5.

OTA KUSA, RF9.1/V9.1 is simulcast on KTVD RF31.5 encoded as PSIP V9.4, NOT as V9.5. KTVD is more commonly known as RF31.3/V20.1.
post #8766 of 8813 Old 07-02-2019, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GE AVS View Post
Media Bureau to Begin Accepting ATSC 3.0 License Applications
... beginning on May 28, 2019

https://www.fcc.gov/document/media-b...e-applications

Who will be first applicant in Denver and when??? Anyone care to speculate?

At this point there are no known Denver stations/group proposing to participate in ATSC 3.0. It HAS been asked around the major stations. It is true, however, that local engineering of group-owned stations are not often fed information of this type by group.

It would probably make sense for multiple stations to migrate concurrently within a given market. As the ATSC 3.0 standard is not backwards compatible, and there are not conversion devices on the consumer side, it would make little sense for a single station to do other than test. Viewers will have to, at that point, purchase new receiver/modem/router type devices that would replace the current built-in digital receiver/decoder in a TV, pushing content and embedded digital metadata to over-the-top devices and computers within the home - and probably to the newer TVs that will consume the target specific IP embedded data and overlay it on to the content.

As transmitter exciters, as of right now, don't push out both ATSC 1.0 and 3.0. So, a station testing, or fully migrating, to ATSC 3.0 would likely be entering in to a lease agreement with another broadcaster to have their ATSC 1.0 signal carried as a sub-channel. Then, depending upon ASI encoding capability, and the number of sub-channels, of a "host" ASTC 1.0 station, the tenant station's main channel would possibly become standard def channel on the host. Thinking about this, I could imagine a host station giving up a sub-channel (or two?) for the guaranteed revenue of hosting another local broadcaster.

This gets to be a real rabbit hole of a discussion. There are so many other points to ponder. One being that as an ATSC 3.0 adoptee, do you get in to single frequency network (SFN) distribution - building out what would feel like a hyper-local translator network in order to benefit from hyper-local targeted messaging attached to the main content. Most commercial stations have gotten away from supporting more than 1 or 2 translators.

I was chatting with a broadcast industry sales support engineer rep last month, and he reaffirmed that until there is a proven business model, it will be hard to imagine multiple major ownership groups, or smaller ones OR independents, investing in ATSC 3.0.

The SBE-SMPTE 48 Rocky Mountain chapter will be hosting a late summer meeting on this very topic, with the guest speaker being the engineer I referenced earlier.
post #8767 of 8813 Old 07-07-2019, 11:22 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Does anyone know much about K05D-D? It's listed as a Cripple Creek station but the tower is west of Castle Rock about 10 miles. I was helping my brother in law on the west side of Castle Rock today and he was able to receive 5.1 and (3) subchannels. Interestingly 5.2 appeared to be Azteca TV (recently removed from KMGH's subchannel lineup). The call letters lead me to believe it's a translator channel but it's hard to find info (other than the fact that 5.1 is SonLife network. Their coverage map appears to include a lot of metro Denver.
post #8768 of 8813 Old 07-08-2019, 04:07 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1643 Post(s)
Liked: 691
What do you want to know about it? It's owned by HC2, the parent company of Azteca America, but who otherwise leases bandwidth to whoever will pay, which is why you see SonLife and infomercials on it.

It's a pretty hard signal to receive being on low-VHF, so I'd say your brother-in-law is lucky if it had anything on worth watching.

I had suspected, but not confirmed, that Azteca America had moved there. Did you happen to note the programming lineup? Last information I had, from a year ago or so, had just SonLife on 5-1.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #8769 of 8813 Old 07-08-2019, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post

I had suspected, but not confirmed, that Azteca America had moved there. Did you happen to note the programming lineup? Last information I had, from a year ago or so, had just SonLife on 5-1.

- Trip
Interesting and thanks for the info. Way more than I could find on the internet. The other two (5.3 and 5.4) had infomercials on them and I wasn't able to identify quickly. I'll try to do some further identification next time I'm there. I was a bit surprised because we got the signals with a Televes Diginova Boss, not really ideal for low VHF reception.
post #8770 of 8813 Old 07-10-2019, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone:
My Ch 7 KMGH OTA signal drops out during the day. No signal what so ever. I was wondering whether KMGH is also working on signal issues?
Castle Rock location.
Ch9 ran a rescan promo for this week and I wondered if 7.3 (Soon)(KMGH) was part of the mix.

Thanks for any info.
John
post #8771 of 8813 Old 07-15-2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooklight View Post
Hey everyone:
My Ch 7 KMGH OTA signal drops out during the day. No signal what so ever. I was wondering whether KMGH is also working on signal issues?
Castle Rock location.
Ch9 ran a rescan promo for this week and I wondered if 7.3 (Soon)(KMGH) was part of the mix.

Thanks for any info.
John
I've not had those issues with CH7 here in Castle Rock. In fact, I'm able to get KMGH on 30.1 as well (but that one a tad less reliably.) My guess is that you are getting it over UHF on that frequency and not over hi-VHF (RF 7)? I currently get 30.1 KMGH and 30.4 Laff as display channels for the UHF feed of KMGH.
The rescan of "CH9" was because they said they would be powering down the KTVD CH20 (RF19) transmitter to 50% power for some maintenance which carries a UHF signal of KUSA-9.1 on 9.4 (as a subchannel of CH20). With that said, I've not experienced any difficulty in getting KTVD in the past two weeks since they put up the message.
No idea what they are planning to do with 7.3 "Soon." I'd rather they bring back TV Azteca but that's probably not happening. Decades? (swear I got that as recently as last week but now I don't see it at all). Court TV is headed to 2.4 eventually (November per the Court TV website). Unsure the fate of 2.4 Charge (bump to 2.5?).That other recently announced subchannel is a CBS affiliated channel, so it would seem to not be headed to CH7. Other than Court Tv and Decades, seems like we get almost all the major subchannels in the Denver market. News or weather?
post #8772 of 8813 Old 07-20-2019, 09:31 PM

I am not sure what Court TV is really going. The owners of Channel 7 also own Court TV, Laff and Escape. By the way a few months ago, the Court TV web site has 2.2 as Court TV

The owners of channel 5 have been buying up low powered stations across the country; lots of them. At last count is was well over 160. They are trying to get into as many markets as possible. The do not specify what they are going to do with these channels, but Tv Azteca is something they bought out.

I am not sure, but they may also be fooling around with KBRO. It used to be transmitting from Ft. Collins, then for a few weeks this year, they were broadcasting from Lyons, now they are broadcasting from just east of Boulder on baseline Road. When I did receive it, 16.1 was a test pattern, and two channels of infomercials. KBRO, at last reports, was at 1.6 Kw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElHawkman View Post
I've not had those issues with CH7 here in Castle Rock. In fact, I'm able to get KMGH on 30.1 as well (but that one a tad less reliably.) My guess is that you are getting it over UHF on that frequency and not over hi-VHF (RF 7)? I currently get 30.1 KMGH and 30.4 Laff as display channels for the UHF feed of KMGH.
The rescan of "CH9" was because they said they would be powering down the KTVD CH20 (RF19) transmitter to 50% power for some maintenance which carries a UHF signal of KUSA-9.1 on 9.4 (as a subchannel of CH20). With that said, I've not experienced any difficulty in getting KTVD in the past two weeks since they put up the message.
No idea what they are planning to do with 7.3 "Soon." I'd rather they bring back TV Azteca but that's probably not happening. Decades? (swear I got that as recently as last week but now I don't see it at all). Court TV is headed to 2.4 eventually (November per the Court TV website). Unsure the fate of 2.4 Charge (bump to 2.5?).That other recently announced subchannel is a CBS affiliated channel, so it would seem to not be headed to CH7. Other than Court Tv and Decades, seems like we get almost all the major subchannels in the Denver market. News or weather?
post #8773 of 8813 Old 07-22-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I am not sure what Court TV is ...

I am not sure, but they may also be fooling around with KBRO. It used to be transmitting from Ft. Collins, then for a few weeks this year, they were broadcasting from Lyons, now they are broadcasting from just east of Boulder on baseline Road. When I did receive it, 16.1 was a test pattern, and two channels of infomercials. KBRO, at last reports, was at 1.6 Kw.
Where is a tower east of Boulder on Baseline Rd? Perhaps you meant off of CO Hwy 7 (Arapahoe Ave.) just west of the BNSF railroad tracks near75th St.?
post #8774 of 8813 Old 07-22-2019, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Question Rev'n TV Chnl, 26.3 or 16.2 ?

I have been watching REV'N TV on 26.3 on my Samsung TV, but the EPG on Windows Media Center (WMC) which is on a dedicated Win7 DVR computer does not show Rev'n at 26.3.
The Rev'n web site indicates its Denver affiliate is KHDT on 16.2.

The WMC EPG shows TWO 16.2 channels (KZDN RETO TV) and (REV'N TV) but the EPG programming content for both channels is Retro TV.
Cant seem to get the WMC EPG to find the correct programming content for Rev'n TV anywhere?
My HDhomerun EPG shows 16.2 as RETRO TV and 26.3 as Rev'n TV which matches the EPG on my Samsung TV.
I have done a few re-scans on WMC "get latest guide listings" and I manually added REV'N at 26.3
but the EPG indicates "no data available" on my manually added channel. Any Ideas on how to get WMC to see REV'N TV EPG data?
I am in the west Arvada Area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WMC_EPG.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	2593486   Click image for larger version

Name:	WMC_EPG2.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	2593488  
post #8775 of 8813 Old 07-22-2019, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElHawkman View Post
Thanks for the reply. I re-aimed my attic antenna and am back in business. Ch 2 has some issues but the rest are rock solid. So I’m happy. Thanks again
John
post #8776 of 8813 Old 08-05-2019, 09:15 PM

For those of us, who live in Boulder County, who lost H&I, Movies!, Rev'n and Retro TV, because of the repack, there may be some good news coming soon. It seems the owner of KZDN RF14 have filed an application with the FCC, on 29 July, to adjust their transmitter, so their signal can be receive as far north as Berthoud.

The low power station assigned to RF 14, in Fort Collins, never was on the air and the following link shows what is at the supposed broadcasting location (an abandoned house and an empty field with no TV transmitters sin sight). It also indicates no signal for RF14,

https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/da...6c2ad813031214

While it is not guaranteed the FCC will grant the change; it does look promising.

BY the way, one has to wonder how close the FCC monitors who they assign licenses to. The station, in question, was granted a construction permit, in 2015, and its license expires in 2022. Yet, it was never on the air. KZDN has to redirect away from Boulder County, because it would impede a signal of a station that was never on the air. Go figure.
post #8777 of 8813 Old 08-31-2019, 08:30 PM

Lost a couple subchannels

Seems like I've lost a couple channels the past few weeks. I no longer get Retro on 16.2 nor do I get Decades on any of the 26/28 subchannels. Anyone still getting any of those in the Denver metro area?

Looks like we are picking up 4.3 DABL next week. And Court TV still has us gaining their channel on 2.2 in November.
post #8778 of 8813 Old 08-31-2019, 10:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 13
We lost Decades almost a year ago. I think it was replaced with StartTV in October 2018 and has never returned. RetroTV is still on 16.2 but it has moved to RF 14, so you may need to re-scan. The latter has always been marginal for me, so I only receive it sporadically, but it was still there as of a week or so ago.
post #8779 of 8813 Old 09-01-2019, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Yes, we have lost Retro TV (16-2) and Rev'n (26-3). I noticed them missing about 9 days ago (August 23). Of course, I did rescan after I noticed the loss but no change.

I am still getting all the other sub-channels on 16 (16-1, 16-3, 16-4, 16-5 and 16-6) and all the other sub channels on 26; just those two individual sub-channels are missing. Retro TV was the only channel worth watching on 16 (I had all the other sub-channels deleted) so now my channel setup has nothing on 16 at all.

Channels 16/26/28 have had the "flakiest" (most undependable) history over about the last 5 years (for example disappearing for a day or a weekend, showing a black screen with no audio, etc.). They are all owned by the same media group so we often get the same problems with all 3 at once. I remember too in the last year they took the Movies! (26-1) and H&I (26-2) channedls off, running a crawl at the bottom of the screen that they were not available. Fortunately they did put them back within a couple of weeks.

I thought it was after Labor Day 2018 that we lost Decades, it was replaced with Start TV (which I never watch).
post #8780 of 8813 Old 09-02-2019, 07:06 AM

Yeah, and there doesn't seem to be a "fix" anytime soon for Decades. Here is what you will find on the Decades website (https://www.decades.com/wheretowatch/):

Search by Zip Code: "We're sorry. A nearby provider cannot be found."

Under State listings: "Please check back for future channel updates."

H&I, however, still lists 26.2 as valid (https://www.handitv.com/wheretowatch/) and, in fact, at this moment, I have no problem receiving a signal with HDHomeRun (I didn't try with other services).

post #8781 of 8813 Old 09-02-2019, 12:26 PM

FWIW

CBS, Martha Stewart, & Emeril Lagasse Are launching a New OTA TV Network in 20 Markets Next Week

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/cbs-...ets-next-week/

Quote:
CO

Denver KCNC 4.3
Colorado Springs-Pueblo KRDO 24.4

post #8782 of 8813 Old 09-02-2019, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thextguy View Post

Channels 16/26/28 have had the "flakiest" (most undependable) history over about the last 5 years (for example disappearing for a day or a weekend, showing a black screen with no audio, etc.). They are all owned by the same media group so we often get the same problems with all 3 at once. I remember too in the last year they took the Movies! (26-1) and H&I (26-2) channedls off, running a crawl at the bottom of the screen that they were not available. Fortunately they did put them back within a couple of weeks.
Interesting tidbit, and I would say I agree based on my limited experience getting those channels (only for about 6 months). They do seem very unpredictable. How does that news trickle back to the OTA schedule aggregators?
post #8783 of 8813 Old 09-06-2019, 03:11 PM

Dabl (4.3) is now active. It is showing a test pattern at the moment.

As for 16/26 on RF14, it is still waiting FCC approval to redirect the signal.

As for its channel history, it has always been weird with what it showed. For a while, it showed Classic TV and Classic Westerns from the Pluto Streaming app. That was before they added H&I and Movies!. They also has slew of shopping channels.

It seems, that Syncom Media picks up channels which the other Denver stations don't want to pay for.

By the way, H&I and Movies! was a carriage cost issue. Similar to what you have with cable, pay us more money or take teh channel down. This may be the situation now with RetroTV and Decades.

Decades which is owned by CBS, which also owns Channel 4, was a surprise that it was removed. Other CBS owned and operated stations do carry Decades, with Start TV and now Dabl.

]

RetroTV, at one time, was 3.1 (KCDO) , until they decided to go with there nearly 24x7 talk show schedule and showing hours of Channel 7 news cats.

Things may straighten out by the end of the month as the new TV season starts.

And, maybe some questions will be answered.

With 2.2 becoming Court TV, will This TV move to 2.5?
What is going on 7.3, that has been blank for the past three months?
Will Escape and COZI duplicates be replaced by something else?

Finally, in about 8 or so months the final phase of the repack will take place fro Denver. After than there will be no TV channels above RF36. It is a idea to buy a filter which will block signals above 36 so T-Mobile does not affect your TV signals.
post #8784 of 8813 Old 09-07-2019, 09:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Rescanned this morning. H&I and Movies are gone.

Sony XBR55A1E
post #8785 of 8813 Old 09-07-2019, 10:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkeegan View Post
They're both on RF 30 now. Movies (28-1) and H&I (28-2). Unfortunately, the aspect ratio is wrong which drives me crazy.
post #8786 of 8813 Old 09-07-2019, 02:38 PM

Just curious, what is now on the 16, 26 and 28 digital channels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkeegan View Post
post #8787 of 8813 Old 09-07-2019, 06:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 210
I did a new rescan this evening and both Movies (26-1) and H&I (26-2) are back as is 28-1 & 28-2. Not sure why they were off or why my DVR was unable to detect them earlier. 26-1 and 26-2 appear to have correct aspect ratios.

Sony XBR55A1E
post #8788 of 8813 Old 09-07-2019, 08:31 PM
Advanced Member

Yes, I would prefer watching virtual channel 26, but RF channel 14 is very marginal for me, so I only receive it when the weather conditions are just right which is pretty seldom.

RF channel 30 is much more reliable, but for some reason the aspect ratios are screwed up, and it seems to have frequent power dips or something. Most of the time I receive it reliably at about 55-60 percent signal level, but then it will drop to unreceivable levels for a few seconds or often minutes. When 7-1 was on RF 17, I had about the same signal level and never had any reception issues with it, but RF 30 has not been as reliable.
post #8789 of 8813 Old 09-07-2019, 10:40 PM

Low VHF Ch 5

Anybody had any luck getting low VHF ch 5? Looks like it is a Sedalia tower but only 1.5kw strength.
post #8790 of 8813 Old 09-08-2019, 10:23 AM

The short answer, blame the repack for the various issues.

Now the long explanation.

When KMGH took over RF30 (channel 28 and old RF28), they redirected the signal to the southeast, from its previous coverage. RF17 used to be received very well in southwest Longmont, now, it gets no further north than Thornton, on the new RF30 signal direction.

16/26 on RF 14, as noted above, will be redirected such that it will serve eastern Boulder County, southwest Weld, and points south to about Parker. RF30, covers the

area from about Thornton south to Castle Rock. At present both RF14 and RF30 overlap. Both are 15 Kw.

KMGH set up another station, in Windsor, on RF26, after KTFD moved from RF26 to RF28. This forced RF28 to move to RF30. And, because KTVD moved to RF31, digital 26 was merged with digital 16 on RF14. While digital 26 has an application for RF10, and approved to use it, it seems it is still not on the air. If it ever does start broadcasting, it will cover the same area as RF30.

So, 16/26/28 have had multiple moves because of the repack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick313 View Post
Yes, I would prefer watching virtual channel 26, but RF channel 14 is very marginal for me, so I only receive it when the weather conditions are just right which is pretty seldom.

RF channel 30 is much more reliable, but for some reason the aspect ratios are screwed up, and it seems to have frequent power dips or something. Most of the time I receive it reliably at about 55-60 percent signal level, but then it will drop to unreceivable levels for a few seconds or often minutes. When 7-1 was on RF 17, I had about the same signal level and never had any reception issues with it, but RF 30 has not been as reliable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page