Denver, CO - OTA - Page 298 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 31Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #8911 of 8923 Old 05-19-2020, 08:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
woody777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 13
That's the kind of stuff I'm looking for -- thanks guys!
woody777 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8912 of 8923 Old 05-20-2020, 06:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Market Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
That is a page specific to channel changes outside the repack context.

This is probably what you're looking for: https://www.rabbitears.info/updates.php

- Trip
Trip - first off, you're a saint for the work you do. I would have no idea where to find this. Is there anyway you can attach the market number or name to those two pages (FCC Update and Admin)? There super valuable, if you know the call letters of your affiliates.
ElHawkman is offline  
post #8913 of 8923 Old 05-21-2020, 05:32 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Trip in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA, US
Posts: 17,148
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1843 Post(s)
Liked: 850
If you sign up for an account, you can get a daily e-mail for your market. It sends only if there's a change in the market.

(I actually haven't tested the functionality since I changed how markets were stored... if you decide to try it, let me know if it works for you or not.)

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Trip in VA is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8914 of 8923 Old 05-21-2020, 07:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
woody777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
If you sign up for an account, you can get a daily e-mail for your market. It sends only if there's a change in the market.

(I actually haven't tested the functionality since I changed how markets were stored... if you decide to try it, let me know if it works for you or not.)

- Trip
You made the rabbit ears website? Wow... you're like a hero!
woody777 is offline  
post #8915 of 8923 Old 05-21-2020, 09:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
If you sign up for an account, you can get a daily e-mail for your market. It sends only if there's a change in the market.

(I actually haven't tested the functionality since I changed how markets were stored... if you decide to try it, let me know if it works for you or not.)

- Trip
Signed up a bit ago, selected (3) markets. Got an immediate email with a station change in one of those markets. Appears to be working. Thanks again!!
Trip in VA likes this.
ElHawkman is offline  
post #8916 of 8923 Old 05-21-2020, 09:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
woody777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I just signed up too -- thank you!!!
Trip in VA likes this.
woody777 is offline  
post #8917 of 8923 Old 05-27-2020, 06:42 PM
Advanced Member
 
woody777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Trip in VA... I think I'm having trouble with the emails. If I check "notify for all updates" then I get the email. If it's unchecked, then I don't. I'm basing this on the last notification date.

I have Denver as my selected market.

Unless... I'm just confused and this is the expected behavior and I will only get an email if there is a change in the Denver market (and so far there hasn't been).
woody777 is offline  
post #8918 of 8923 Old 05-28-2020, 05:38 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Trip in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA, US
Posts: 17,148
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1843 Post(s)
Liked: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody777 View Post
Trip in VA... I think I'm having trouble with the emails. If I check "notify for all updates" then I get the email. If it's unchecked, then I don't. I'm basing this on the last notification date.

I have Denver as my selected market.

Unless... I'm just confused and this is the expected behavior and I will only get an email if there is a change in the Denver market (and so far there hasn't been).
Correct. It doesn't bother you with empty e-mails if there are no changes in the selected market.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Trip in VA is offline  
post #8919 of 8923 Old 05-29-2020, 08:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
woody777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 13
And that's exactly how it just worked -- thanks!!!
woody777 is offline  
post #8920 of 8923 Old 05-30-2020, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member
 
ppasteur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver, Co
Posts: 707
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Yup, I missed it right on the account profile setup page.
I looked everywhere else.
Got it done. I hope no one wasted any time trying to answer...
Phil



OK guys, please help me out. I created an account. But I am not seeing where I can request updates.
Can someone point me in the right direction, maybe a link?
I often miss things, but I have spent at least an hour going through the site, FAQs, etc.
So it is not for lack of trying.
BTW, a bunch of that hour was going off into other areas. A bunch of really good data on the site. Trip and company have put lots of work into he site. Thank you!!

Last edited by ppasteur; 05-30-2020 at 10:24 AM.
ppasteur is offline  
post #8921 of 8923 Old 05-31-2020, 12:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Once you register for an account

Click on "My Account" (upper right).

The click on "Update Notification Frequency" select how often.

The click on "Stations in Selected Markets" and select "Denver" it is Market 19.

Click on "Save" at the very bottom of the Market list.

The, you see "Denver -19" show up to thee right.

Finally, click on "Save" at the bottom of the page.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ppasteur View Post
Yup, I missed it right on the account profile setup page.
I looked everywhere else.
Got it done. I hope no one wasted any time trying to answer...
Phil



OK guys, please help me out. I created an account. But I am not seeing where I can request updates.
Can someone point me in the right direction, maybe a link?
I often miss things, but I have spent at least an hour going through the site, FAQs, etc.
So it is not for lack of trying.
BTW, a bunch of that hour was going off into other areas. A bunch of really good data on the site. Trip and company have put lots of work into he site. Thank you!!

Last edited by nmetro1; 06-01-2020 at 12:33 PM.
nmetro1 is offline  
post #8922 of 8923 Old 05-31-2020, 04:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
ppasteur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver, Co
Posts: 707
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Thanks for taking time to answer...
I finally got my ADD to cooperate. Got it done.

Thanks Again!!
ppasteur is offline  
post #8923 of 8923 Old 06-01-2020, 12:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 18
You're most welcome.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ppasteur View Post
Thanks for taking time to answer...
I finally got my ADD to cooperate. Got it done.

Thanks Again!!
nmetro1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off