Forum Jump: 
 32Likes

post #8911 of 8928 Old 05-19-2020, 08:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 13
That's the kind of stuff I'm looking for -- thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8912 of 8928 Old 05-20-2020, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Market Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
That is a page specific to channel changes outside the repack context.

This is probably what you're looking for: https://www.rabbitears.info/updates.php

- Trip
Trip - first off, you're a saint for the work you do. I would have no idea where to find this. Is there anyway you can attach the market number or name to those two pages (FCC Update and Admin)? There super valuable, if you know the call letters of your affiliates.
post #8913 of 8928 Old 05-21-2020, 05:32 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1891 Post(s)
Liked: 884
If you sign up for an account, you can get a daily e-mail for your market. It sends only if there's a change in the market.

(I actually haven't tested the functionality since I changed how markets were stored... if you decide to try it, let me know if it works for you or not.)

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8914 of 8928 Old 05-21-2020, 07:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
If you sign up for an account, you can get a daily e-mail for your market. It sends only if there's a change in the market.

(I actually haven't tested the functionality since I changed how markets were stored... if you decide to try it, let me know if it works for you or not.)

- Trip
You made the rabbit ears website? Wow... you're like a hero!
post #8915 of 8928 Old 05-21-2020, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:

- Trip
Signed up a bit ago, selected (3) markets. Got an immediate email with a station change in one of those markets. Appears to be working. Thanks again!!
Trip in VA likes this.
post #8916 of 8928 Old 05-21-2020, 09:54 PM
Advanced Member

I just signed up too -- thank you!!!
Trip in VA likes this.
post #8917 of 8928 Old 05-27-2020, 06:42 PM
Advanced Member

Trip in VA... I think I'm having trouble with the emails. If I check "notify for all updates" then I get the email. If it's unchecked, then I don't. I'm basing this on the last notification date.

I have Denver as my selected market.

Unless... I'm just confused and this is the expected behavior and I will only get an email if there is a change in the Denver market (and so far there hasn't been).
post #8918 of 8928 Old 05-28-2020, 05:38 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1891 Post(s)
Liked: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody777 View Post
Trip in VA... I think I'm having trouble with the emails. If I check "notify for all updates" then I get the email. If it's unchecked, then I don't. I'm basing this on the last notification date.

I have Denver as my selected market.

Unless... I'm just confused and this is the expected behavior and I will only get an email if there is a change in the Denver market (and so far there hasn't been).
Correct. It doesn't bother you with empty e-mails if there are no changes in the selected market.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #8919 of 8928 Old 05-29-2020, 08:03 PM
Advanced Member

And that's exactly how it just worked -- thanks!!!
post #8920 of 8928 Old 05-30-2020, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Yup, I missed it right on the account profile setup page.
I looked everywhere else.
Got it done. I hope no one wasted any time trying to answer...
Phil

OK guys, please help me out. I created an account. But I am not seeing where I can request updates.
Can someone point me in the right direction, maybe a link?
I often miss things, but I have spent at least an hour going through the site, FAQs, etc.
So it is not for lack of trying.
BTW, a bunch of that hour was going off into other areas. A bunch of really good data on the site. Trip and company have put lots of work into he site. Thank you!!

Last edited by ppasteur; 05-30-2020 at 10:24 AM.
post #8921 of 8928 Old 05-31-2020, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Once you register for an account

Click on "My Account" (upper right).

The click on "Update Notification Frequency" select how often.

The click on "Stations in Selected Markets" and select "Denver" it is Market 19.

Click on "Save" at the very bottom of the Market list.

The, you see "Denver -19" show up to thee right.

Finally, click on "Save" at the bottom of the page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppasteur View Post
Yup, I missed it right on the account profile setup page.
I looked everywhere else.
Got it done. I hope no one wasted any time trying to answer...
Phil

OK guys, please help me out. I created an account. But I am not seeing where I can request updates.
Can someone point me in the right direction, maybe a link?
I often miss things, but I have spent at least an hour going through the site, FAQs, etc.
So it is not for lack of trying.
BTW, a bunch of that hour was going off into other areas. A bunch of really good data on the site. Trip and company have put lots of work into he site. Thank you!!

Last edited by nmetro1; 06-01-2020 at 12:33 PM.
post #8922 of 8928 Old 05-31-2020, 04:13 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Thanks for taking time to answer...
I finally got my ADD to cooperate. Got it done.

Thanks Again!!
post #8923 of 8928 Old 06-01-2020, 12:34 PM

You're most welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppasteur View Post
Thanks for taking time to answer...
I finally got my ADD to cooperate. Got it done.

Thanks Again!!
post #8924 of 8928 Old 06-17-2020, 08:37 AM

The last of the Denver repack - Phase 10

KETD Moving from RF45 to RF15 on or about 2 July, 2020. It offers Spanish language programming

One last rescan for the main channels. KETD is increasing its power from 100kW to 200kW which will allow it to be received in a larger area.

What are left, after this change, are low power stations Several are currently in the construction permit stage.

KBRO (off air - soon on RF2) - Unknown - It was testing 24/7 infomercials when it was in Lyons
KHDT (off air - soon on RF10) - Same as KZDN
K27MA-d (off air - soon on RF12) - Owner shows Family oriented programming in other markets
KZDN (redirect north and east on RF14)
KAVC (off air - soon on RF30) - Owner of station runs Retro TV in other markets
KHDE (off air - soon on RF4) - Spanish religious

May be on air:

K03IY-D (RF3) - Religious

Note: For most people, unless they have a good outdoor VHF antenna, or live very close to the transmitters with an excellent indoor antenna, it is difficult to receive RF2 - RF6. Also, due to lower power than their full power cousins, RF10 and RF12 will also be difficult.

I personally found that RF7 (KMGH) goes out when LED lights are turned on, as its signal is marginal indoor, in Longmont. RF9 (KUSA) is a bit more powerful, and is not affected in this way.

Last edited by nmetro1; 06-17-2020 at 05:40 PM.
post #8925 of 8928 Old 06-22-2020, 12:02 PM

KRMA Update Information

Instead of adding 6.4, Create and World will share 6.3

This is from the KRMA web site.

CREATE TV

Create is lifestyle programming that provides expert advice on cooking, arts & crafts, gardening, home improvement and travel. It airs from 8am–8pm.

WORLD CHANNEL

World features public television’s signature nonfiction documentary, science and news programming complemented by original content from emerging producers. It airs from 8pm–8am.

World is a great addition, but it deserves 24/7, as does Create.

KRMA knows they have a monopoly, and compared to WNET, WGBH, WETA, WOSU, KERA, KUHT, amomg others, they are probably one of the worse PBS stations out there. It is nearly impossible to watch the channel without being hit with constant pledge a thons and preempted programming. I do not know how many time is try to watch a program, only to see a pledge drive in its place. I gave up on KRMA years ago and found other PBS alternatives; like streaming WNET.
post #8926 of 8928 Old 06-22-2020, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 5034 Post(s)
Liked: 3047
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmetro1 View Post
KRMA Update Information

CREATE TV

Create is lifestyle programming that provides expert advice on cooking, arts & crafts, gardening, home improvement and travel. It airs from 8am–8pm.

WORLD CHANNEL

World features public television’s signature nonfiction documentary, science and news programming complemented by original content from emerging producers. It airs from 8pm–8am.

KRMA knows they have a monopoly, and compared to WNET, WGBH, WETA, WOSU, KERA, KUHT, amomg others, they are probably one of the worse PBS stations out there. It is nearly impossible to watch the channel without being hit with constant pledge a thons and preempted programming. I do not know how many time is try to watch a program, only to see a pledge drive in its place. I gave up on KRMA years ago and found other PBS alternatives; like streaming WNET.

There are two PBS stations in Colorado, so KRMA isn't exactly a monopoly, though they both are under the same financial strain as the Corporation for Public Broadcasting has continually had its funding slashed by Republican administrations. There is also streaming for PBS content using their app or their website. And some of their shows or random episodes in the shows' run, like Nature, Frontline, Nova, etc., I've found are just edited down versions of British series with American narrators and/or hosts added in instead.

Listen up, studios! Dolby Atmos Lite™ print-outs must stop!!

Last edited by Dan Hitchman; 06-22-2020 at 12:23 PM.
post #8927 of 8928 Old 06-22-2020, 11:40 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmetro1 View Post
KRMA Update Information

CREATE TV

WORLD CHANNEL

The X.3 Channel Programming on KRMA-TV/KRMA 6.3 (and Rocky Mountain PBS's [RMPBS] other full service stations plus 25 translators throughout Colorado) has been configured with Create and World sharing for quite some time now ... this is nothing new. Also, approximately only 10% of a typical locally owned PBS television station's annual operating revenues come from the federal government via CPB (also they are restricted use funds). The other revenues come primarily from viewers "contributions" and "underwriting" from organizations including businesses.

The other PBS affiliated station in Colorado is also based in Denver. KBDI-TV is known as CPT-12 now and covers some other parts of Colorado but not all of the state as RMPBS essentially does. It is a PBS "Secondary Station" with much if not most of it's programming different than RMPBS programming.

There is no common ownership between RMPBS and CPT-12.
ppasteur likes this.
post #8928 of 8928 Old 06-26-2020, 10:56 AM

KBRO should now be broadcasting on RF 2, on digital 34.1. Those, in Denver, with a low VHF band antenna (for RF 2 - RF 6) should be able to receive it. Many recent antennas receive only RF 7 - RF 13 VHF and FF 14 - RF 36 UHF. At least mine does and it is an indoor/outdoor antenna.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page