AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   High Dynamic Range (HDR) & Wide Color Gamut (WCG) (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/465-high-dynamic-range-hdr-wide-color-gamut-wcg/)
-   -   Master List of currently available 4k HDR titles, will be updated often. (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/465-high-dynamic-range-hdr-wide-color-gamut-wcg/2202713-master-list-currently-available-4k-hdr-titles-will-updated-often.html)

alexanderg823 11-15-2015 01:21 PM

60 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ray0414 (Post 38943193)
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexanderg823 (Post 38942081)
That's really interesting about the mgo stuff having multiple files. Seems a little ridiculous and unnecessary so I'm not quite sure what the deal is with that.

Nevertheless, 35 gb for a 4k movie is still bigger than the amazon movies with their relatively low bitrates (and better quality at that), so I'd still say fox and not mgo is to blame. Also I think exodus might be the only movie on mgo that is true 4k. The rest are 2k DIs that will never be in 4k.


fox doesnt produce great movies anyways. so its a good thing that sony (who does produce good movies) is very good at the entire HDR process. hopefully the other studios (paramount, universal, disney) are in sonys league and not foxs' league.


You may be a little disappointed then, because Sony is the only studio with a bunch of 4k content. Of this year's major releases the new star wars is the only non Sony picture with an above 2k DI.

Jurassic world, avengers, mission impossible - all 2K.

nathan_h 11-15-2015 02:21 PM

67 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ray0414 (Post 38943193)
fox doesnt produce great movies anyways.

You may not like them, but I think some are popular and or good:

The Martian
Kingsmen: The Secret Service
Night at the Museum Series
Taken series
Book of Life
Gone Girl
Maze Runner series
Rio series
Book Thief
12 Years a Slave
The Die Hard series
Prometheus
Alien series
Avatar series
How to Train Your Dragon series
Madagascar series
Puss In Boots series
Planet of the Apes series
Fantastic Four
Ice Age series
X-Men series
Kung Fu Panda series

chunon 11-15-2015 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathan_h (Post 38946017)
You may not like them, but I think some are popular and or good:

The Martian
Kingsmen: The Secret Service
Night at the Museum Series
Taken series
Book of Life
Gone Girl
Maze Runner series
Rio series
Book Thief
12 Years a Slave
The Die Hard series
Prometheus
Alien series
Avatar series
How to Train Your Dragon series
Madagascar series
Puss In Boots series
Planet of the Apes series
Fantastic Four
Ice Age series
X-Men series
Kung Fu Panda series

Defintely some good titles in there imo.

tsummerall 11-15-2015 02:36 PM

Sorry, what does "DI" stand for?

ray0414 11-15-2015 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathan_h (Post 38946017)
You may not like them, but I think some are popular and or good:

The Martian
Kingsmen: The Secret Service
Night at the Museum Series
Taken series
Book of Life
Gone Girl
Maze Runner series
Rio series
Book Thief
12 Years a Slave
The Die Hard series
Prometheus
Alien series
Avatar series
How to Train Your Dragon series
Madagascar series
Puss In Boots series
Planet of the Apes series
Fantastic Four
Ice Age series
X-Men series
Kung Fu Panda series


A few good ones, but are u sure on Martian and avatar? I'm gonna double check those?

Edit. Double checked and they are fox.

nathan_h 11-15-2015 02:54 PM

67 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tsummerall (Post 38946409)
Sorry, what does "DI" stand for?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_intermediate

ray0414 11-15-2015 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathan_h (Post 38946017)
You may not like them, but I think some are popular and or good:

The Martian
Kingsmen: The Secret Service
Night at the Museum Series
Taken series
Book of Life
Gone Girl
Maze Runner series
Rio series
Book Thief
12 Years a Slave
The Die Hard series
Prometheus
Alien series
Avatar series
How to Train Your Dragon series
Madagascar series
Puss In Boots series
Planet of the Apes series
Fantastic Four
Ice Age series
X-Men series
Kung Fu Panda series


Double checked and Martian and avatar do look like fox movies.

But my point is, of all the blockbuster movies in 2015, fox only had 1 of them (martian). They make good movies, but no great movies over the past 5 years. (Avatar is 2009).

Hopefully their lineup improves soon since they are fully on board the hdr train, and hopefully they get better at their hdr grading too!

ray0414 11-15-2015 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexanderg823 (Post 38944713)
You may be a little disappointed then, because Sony is the only studio with a bunch of 4k content. Of this year's major releases the new star wars is the only non Sony picture with an above 2k DI.

Jurassic world, avengers, mission impossible - all 2K.


Well the good news is that even tho they may have been filmed 2k, they used very good cameras in the process which would transfer into 4k I think very well, so I don't think that'll be a big issue. The newer the movie, the better/cleaner the transfer. Older movies don't clean up as good, yet a few of the sony hdr movies looked surprisingly good for their age. (Pineapple express wasn't bad at all for a 2008 movie).

alexanderg823 11-15-2015 03:29 PM

60 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ray0414 (Post 38947137)
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexanderg823 (Post 38944713)
You may be a little disappointed then, because Sony is the only studio with a bunch of 4k content. Of this year's major releases the new star wars is the only non Sony picture with an above 2k DI.

Jurassic world, avengers, mission impossible - all 2K.


Well the good news is that even tho they may have been filmed 2k, they used very good cameras in the process which would transfer into 4k I think very well, so I don't think that'll be a big issue. The newer the movie, the better/cleaner the transfer. Older movies don't clean up as good, yet a few of the sony hdr movies looked surprisingly good for their age. (Pineapple express wasn't bad at all for a 2008 movie).

That's not the point though. A film shot at 4k or higher will always look better at 4k than 1080p.

But this 2k DI problem is probably why some studios, such as fox, are trying to hard with HDR. Without it, there's basically no reason to buy their movies on 4k blu over regular blu Ray.

Latinoheat 11-15-2015 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray0414 (Post 38943193)

fox doesnt produce great movies anyways.

We forgot, your a fan of the smurf movies.

ray0414 11-15-2015 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latinoheat (Post 38948177)
We forgot, your a fan of the smurf movies.


The movie itself is not great. But visually it's the best movie available to date.

Latinoheat 11-15-2015 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray0414 (Post 38948297)
The movie itself is not great. But visually it's the best movie available to date.

Yeah to you.

ray0414 11-15-2015 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latinoheat (Post 38948353)
Yeah to you.


There is no 1080p movie that can match it in color/detail/resolution. I'm not talking entertainment factor, im talking pure picture quality/artistic visually.

So if you know of a 4k hdr movie that you consider to be reference quality I'd love to check it out as I'm sure others would too.

I wish we had better movies in 4k hdr but we can only judge the movies made available to us.


Just outta curiosity, which of the current availability hdr have you watched?

Latinoheat 11-15-2015 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray0414 (Post 38948689)
There is no 1080p movie that can match it in color/detail/resolution.

So if you know of a 4k hdr movie that you consider to be reference quality I'd love to check it out as I'm sure others would too.

Yeah wait until the real deal is here with UHD bluray. Btw I rather watch a good 1080p movie than a 4K HDR smurf one, but that's just me.

ray0414 11-15-2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latinoheat (Post 38949113)
Yeah wait until the real deal is here with UHD bluray. Btw I rather watch a good 1080p movie than a 4K HDR smurf one, but that's just me.


Im not exactly disagreeing with you. Obviously I'd much rather watch a 1080p version of say Furious 7, or mad max, or really any good blu ray movie. I'm just sayin, the quality of Smurfs 2 right now is in a different league quality wise and I'm hoping other movies follow that trend.

So to make the comment that I "like the Smurfs " is a pretty asinine and is an attack of a comment.

Latinoheat 11-15-2015 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray0414 (Post 38949433)

So to make the comment that I "like the Smurfs " is a pretty asinine and is an attack of a comment.

Sorry you took it that way, I was just stating what I prefer watching between the smurfs or a good 1080p movie, just how you do in all these threads. I will wait until UHD bluray is here to enjoy uncompressed content. Nothing wrong with this thread, streaming fans can get their fix.

CMPOLED 11-15-2015 11:36 PM

13 Attachment(s)
I do not even try and judge HDR on the OLED as LG has some messed up setting locked in. Only 2 of the free HDR shows are even watchable and I purchased Spider Man 2 which was just ok.

When Red Oaks first came out it was stunning, I watched the one episode three times. Months later when they released the full season the quality was not the same. This was on the same JS9500

ray0414 11-15-2015 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMPOLED (Post 38955977)
I do not even try and judge HDR on the OLED as LG has some messed up setting locked in. Only 2 of the free HDR shows are even watchable and I purchased Spider Man 2 which was just ok.

When Red Oaks first came out it was stunning, I watched the one episode three times. Months later when they released the full season the quality was not the same. This was on the same JS9500


Must have been some issue with your tv/settings/Internet connection. It's all been the same for me. As a matter of fact, the rest of the red oaks season looks alot better than the original pilot. It was filmed 6 months later and was pretty noticeable to me and a few others that the grading methods were improved. Had you been an avs member at that time we could have helped you figure out what was wrong or if anyone was experiencing the same thing.

ray0414 11-16-2015 11:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
NEW HDR TEST FOOTAGE, added to list.


Link provided by Nathan Cardinale, posted by someone on another forum.


This is a quick test footage found on another site, its only about 20-25 seconds long, but it does look pretty great, wish it was longer.


https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9p...FYcUJiaWs/view

DanBa 11-17-2015 10:58 AM

"Walmart's online VOD service Vudu now offers select Warner Bros. Home Entertainment title such as Mad Max: Fury Road in Dolby's new Dolby Vision high dynamic range (HDR) format and with Dolby Atmos sound.

Warner Bros.' 4K Ultra HD titles available in both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos will include Mad Max: Fury Road, The Man from U.N.C.L.E., The Gallows, San Andreas, American Sniper, Man of Steel, Jupiter Ascending, Edge of Tomorrow and Into the Storm.

Through Vudu, consumers also have access to select 4K Ultra HD titles in Dolby Vision only, including Vacation, Focus, Get Hard, Run All Night, The Lego Movie, The Great Gatsby, Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, The Hangover trilogy and Magic Mike XXL."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/beh...-titles-840978

ray0414 11-17-2015 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanBa (Post 38999986)
"Walmart's online VOD service Vudu now offers select Warner Bros. Home Entertainment title such as Mad Max: Fury Road in Dolby's new Dolby Vision high dynamic range (HDR) format and with Dolby Atmos sound.

Warner Bros.' 4K Ultra HD titles available in both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos will include Mad Max: Fury Road, The Man from U.N.C.L.E., The Gallows, San Andreas, American Sniper, Man of Steel, Jupiter Ascending, Edge of Tomorrow and Into the Storm.

Through Vudu, consumers also have access to select 4K Ultra HD titles in Dolby Vision only, including Vacation, Focus, Get Hard, Run All Night, The Lego Movie, The Great Gatsby, Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, The Hangover trilogy and Magic Mike XXL."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/beh...-titles-840978


Thanks for the article.

But this is a little frustrating. Vudu with dolby vision is by far offering the best stuff, which is only accessible on a tv that literally nobody owns. How do they plan to make any money?

CCsoftball7 11-17-2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray0414 (Post 39000458)
Thanks for the article.

But this is a little frustrating. Vudu with dolby vision is by far offering the best stuff, which is only accessible on a tv that literally nobody owns. How do they plan to make any money?

It could very well be vaporware at this point.

DanBa 11-17-2015 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray0414 (Post 39000458)
But this is a little frustrating. Vudu with dolby vision is by far offering the best stuff, which is only accessible on a tv that literally nobody owns. How do they plan to make any money?

It is true for the time being.

But how about next year? Most 2016 UHDTV SoCs could be compatible with Dolby Vision and HDR10.

The following SoC makers are known to adopt Dolby Vision: Sigma Designs, MStar, Mediatek, Realtek, HiSilicon.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post37223922
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/mst...ocs-2015-10-14

"The research firm’s connected home devices report, ‘The Impact of UHD of TV SoCs’, claims that while US-based Sigma Designs leads 4k TV silicon technology innovation, it is Taiwan’s MStar and Mediatek that drive volume."
http://www.digitaltveurope.net/39305...v-chip-market/

http://cdn.minipcdb.com/products/HiS...3798C-V200.jpg

nathan_h 11-17-2015 08:21 PM

67 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanBa (Post 39008378)
It is true for the time being.

But how about next year? Most 2016 UHDTV SoCs could be compatible with Dolby Vision and HDR10.

The following SoC makers are known to adopt Dolby Vision: Sigma Designs, MStar, Mediatek, Realtek, HiSilicon.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post37223922
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/mst...ocs-2015-10-14

"The research firm’s connected home devices report, ‘The Impact of UHD of TV SoCs’, claims that while US-based Sigma Designs leads 4k TV silicon technology innovation, it is Taiwan’s MStar and Mediatek that drive volume."
http://www.digitaltveurope.net/39305...v-chip-market/

http://cdn.minipcdb.com/products/HiS...3798C-V200.jpg

There are a surprising number of HDR compatible display devices on the market already. Some Samsung, Sony, heck, even most of the new JVC projector line supports HDR10.

Vudu's "exclusive" use of Dolby Vision might delay adoption, since so far manufacturers have been reluctant to use the proprietary format, and are using the SMTPE open standard. Even the announced Sony UHD BR that include HDR are not using DV.

I hope you are right and that we see Vudu on more devices, supporting open standard HDR, in the near future. And i hope at least ONE of those devices supports downloads rather than just streaming, for those of us that have poor internet connections. Heck, that's why I still have a PS3.

ray0414 11-17-2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanBa (Post 39008378)
It is true for the time being.

But how about next year? Most 2016 UHDTV SoCs could be compatible with Dolby Vision and HDR10.

The following SoC makers are known to adopt Dolby Vision: Sigma Designs, MStar, Mediatek, Realtek, HiSilicon.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post37223922
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/mst...ocs-2015-10-14

"The research firm’s connected home devices report, ‘The Impact of UHD of TV SoCs’, claims that while US-based Sigma Designs leads 4k TV silicon technology innovation, it is Taiwan’s MStar and Mediatek that drive volume."
http://www.digitaltveurope.net/39305...v-chip-market/

http://cdn.minipcdb.com/products/HiS...3798C-V200.jpg



thanks for the link, ive been looking for that.

and yea the chip will be DV capable, but its up to the tv maker to pay for the rights to use it. There may be more DV sets in the spring, but im not expecting a whole lot. Theres articles from 2014 that state that TCL and sharpe and vizio were the only 3 to have signed with dolby. Still no official word or any concrete rumors of sony/samsung/LG jumping in that pool either.

Even if there are no other DV sets, it would be nice if Vudu would start having those titles available in the regular HDR format so that 99% of HDR tv owners could at least have the option of giving it a try.

ray0414 11-17-2015 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathan_h (Post 39015362)
There are a surprising number of HDR compatible display devices on the market already. Some Samsung, Sony, heck, even most of the new JVC projector line supports HDR10.

Vudu's "exclusive" use of Dolby Vision might delay adoption, since so far manufacturers have been reluctant to use the proprietary format, and are using the SMTPE open standard. Even the announced Sony UHD BR that include HDR are not using DV.

I hope you are right and that we see Vudu on more devices, supporting open standard HDR, in the near future. And i hope at least ONE of those devices supports downloads rather than just streaming, for those of us that have poor internet connections. Heck, that's why I still have a PS3.


I hope they offer a download section too. as with ultraflix, i dont like the 1 time rental thing.

as for having bad internet, if your internet is "bad", a download will take you possibly 2 days or more.

I have decent speed (i pay for 50, but usually get 25 in my tests), and when i download the MGO HDR movies, it takes anywhere from 10-15 hours. I am debating whether or not to buy a new modem, im using a 6-7 year old modem currently.

NicNacHermann 11-17-2015 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray0414 (Post 38853641)
With 4k Blu Rays only a couple months away, HDR content is slowly trickling out to various streaming sites. And theres really no way to get updated on what gets added, so I decided to make a master list, that along with all you guys, we can keep track of what is available and where to get it from.

So whenever something new is added, post it up in here, and I'll edit this 1st post to reflect the newly added HDR content! And when something new is added, I will bold it in RED so it's easier to see.

-You can also post your expressions and opinions on whether or not something is worth checking out or worth spending your money on, because in the beginning its going to be fairly expensive ($25-$30 per movie, or a subscription based service.)


-I am going to wait before I officially add in any confirmed HDR blu rays until they are officially released and available for sale, hopefully in January just after CES 2016 (Las Vegas, January 6th-9th). Feel free to post info though about titles being released if you hear anything, I will add it into the main library when we can actually buy them at stores. Fox has already announced that all future releases will be in 4k HDR, looks like sony is going to do the same also as they are starting to release a bunch of remasters in HDR.




Lets get this list started, hopefully will be adding more soon!!! As soon as Netflix or any other streaming site is created, we'll add that too!


*****note: you must have a 2015 HDR capable tv/ or a samsung with the sek3500 upgrade in order to decode and display HDR content. How your tv displays the HDR contents is dependent on your tv panels capabilities (dimming, nits, color space size).

****Early HDR grades is basically practice, as they get get more practice, content will be graded more efficiently.




MGO (currently samsung based).


- Paper towns
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
- Xmen: Rogue cut
- Spy
- Poltergeist: Extended cut
- The Longest Ride
- Wild
- Exodus: Gods and Kings
- The Maze Runner
- Life of Pi
- Kingsmen: The Secret Service


Amazon Prime Video

TV SHOWS (the pilots are currently being rated/voted on, the top 3 I believe will be renewed with full seasons coming out next summer)

- Red Oaks (10 episodes)
- Transparent (10 episodes)
- Bosch (10 episodes)
- Mozart in the Jungle (10 episodes)
- Casanova (1 episode, more coming?)
- Z: The Beginning of Everything (1 pilot)
- One Mississippi (1 pilot)
- Edge (1pilot)
- Highston (1 pilot)
- Good girls Revolt (1 pilot)
- Patriot (1 pilot)
- Sneaky Pete (currently 1 4k pilot, has been renewed and a full season in HDR to be released late spring)

MOVIES

- Fury
- Men in Black 3
- Pineapple Express (added 11-11-15)
- After Earth
- Salt (added 11-11-15)
- The Amazing Spiderman 2
- Smurfs 2 (added 11-11-15)


VUDU (Dolby Vision only for right now, Vizio R only)


- Man of Steel
- Edge of Tomorrow
- The Lego Movie
- Jupiter Ascending
- Magic Mike XXL
- Sherlock Holmes
- Sherlock Holmes 2
- San Andreas
- Focus
- The Great Gatsby
- Run All Night
- Into the Storm


DEMO UHD3D WEBSITE

Samsung SUHD HDR DEMO
http://www.demo-uhd3d.com/fiche.php?cat=uhd&id=115

Fire HDR demo by FOX
http://www.demo-uhd3d.com/fiche.php?cat=uhd&id=113

Exodus HDR Clip
http://www.demo-uhd3d.com/fiche.php?cat=uhd&id=89

Life of Pi HDR clip
http://www.demo-uhd3d.com/fiche.php?cat=uhd&id=88


TOM ROPER: AVS members' personally made SMPTE HDR videos

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7w...k5dkstNkE/view


Random HDR test Footage

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9p...FYcUJiaWs/view (25 second test clip)


NETFLIX (2016)



ULTRAFLIX (soon?)

Breaking Bad is in 4k HDR on Netflix :o! Such a great show :O!

ray0414 11-17-2015 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicNacHermann (Post 39015570)
Breaking Bad is in 4k HDR on Netflix :o! Such a great show :O!


netflix currently doesnt support HDR. currently it is regular 4k only. hoping for HDR from netflix in january!

ray0414 11-17-2015 08:43 PM

the ball is in motion to get 4k Discs into production


http://mesalliance.org/blog/me-daily...city-facility/

anthonymoody 11-18-2015 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray0414 (Post 38883545)
I decided to bite the bullet on Smurfs 2 on amazon to see how the HDR grade was, ive checked out the 4k version on netflix a few times, so i had an idea of how the regular 4k version looked. the Amazon HDR version EASILY trumps the 4k netflix version. the expanded colors create an entirely different picture with crazy depth to it. Not to mention, Smurfs2 has one of the best resolution grades so unlike alot of other "4k" films, smurfs 2 actually looks like real 4k and with the HDR grades, creates quite an amazing. Definitely the closest to "reference quality" as far as 4k HDR that i have seen.

just for fun i did match up a few scenes with some pictures I had previously taken with the 4k version on netflix. I do see HDR becoming a very expensive hobby once the big name titles start to arrive!

:eek::eek::eek: Wow those comparo shots are amazing. Thanks for doing that. My kids are Smurfts 2 fans so I may also bite the bullet for that one. Have Spidey 2 which looks quite nice. Wish they weren't $30...

EDIT: just tried to find Smurfs 2 and Pineapple Express in UHD on Amazon but don't find them. Doesn't seem to matter which version I click on, I don't see an option for the UHD $29.99 one like I do with Spiderman 2. What am I missing??


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.