Master List of currently available 4k HDR titles, will be updated often. - Page 477 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 31872Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #14281 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 09:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lujan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,134
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4727 Post(s)
Liked: 2756
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB77Hell View Post
Yes but did they buy their first cd's before cd players were released and did you buy your first DVD before DVD players were released? That's essentially what he's saying.
I was referring only to those available via streaming. If I had a choice over disc or streaming for the same title I would choose the disc. In some cases I'll get the streaming version in Atmos because I've already got the lower version on disc and it's on sale for streaming. One case in mind is the "Everest" title on UHD/Atmos from Vudu.

lujan
567 Ultra HD
728 HD
4 SD

Last edited by lujan; 03-25-2017 at 10:54 AM.
lujan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14282 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 09:23 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 21,026
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4477 Post(s)
Liked: 5829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
I disagree. I'll take a regular blu ray with lossless audio over streaming DV.
Yep, every time. There is no substitute for lossless DTS-HD MA or Dolby TrueHD audio. The lossy versions work, sort of, but don't sound as good as the real thing, to my ears at least.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB and Terra Server 24 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+; Apple TV 4K
gwsat is offline  
post #14283 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 09:38 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphinapg View Post
No disc is allowed to be DV only

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk
I didn't think so but wasn't totally sure. Regardless, my whole point was to say that when the HDR label is there, it definitely IS saying HDR10 because the previous poster that I quoted had said that it just means "some form of HDR but not specifying which type" but then I see he replied after the fact and sort of retracted that statement.
comper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14284 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 02:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
David Aiken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Posts: 1,872
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 817 Post(s)
Liked: 1471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Burk View Post
Is it possible that Studios could be putting DV on new discs such as the Potter series without any announcement. We would really never know as we have no players ready to play them. When Dolby is ready and a few UHD player manufacturers have their players ready to go they make a grand announcement and now they have numerous titles ready to be played and several players that can play them. Makes complete sense. Oppo, Sony, LG announce their new firmwares for DV compatibility and the studios release the details of which titles are DV ready and its a win win. The studios probably gain some new sales from those that didn't buy a title originally but may now that it's DV ready. That's my hope
It's possible but DV is optional and there has to be HDR10 encoding so one of the questions we need answered is whether we get the choice between DV and HDR10 or is it going to work a bit like Dolby Atmos where you get Atmos if your system has the extra speakers or the TrueHD Core if your system doesn't and the processor in your component makes the choice based on the capabilities of your system? In other words if you have a DV capable system, do you get to choose DV or HDR10, or does everything default to DV without a choice?

There could be discs out there now with DV if the system defaults to DV depending on capability and we'd never know while there are no DV capable players available.

On the other hand, if we get a choice do we get to choose on the basis of a disc menu option, like we can choose soundtrack options, or is it an option that the player provides? If it's a disc menu option then there are currently no discs with DV encoding out there because no one has reported seeing such a menu option. I certainly haven't seen one. We do see Dolby Atmos tracks available as a choice in disc audio setup menus even if our systems aren't Atmos and we can select it but we only get the TrueHD core track.

So, are there discs with DV coding currently released and only awaiting a capable player to unlock DV on those discs for us? We can't tell. There may be or there may not be. It all depends on how DV is going to be handled in capable systems. If it's handled in one way there may be such discs and we can't telll. If it's handled in another way we get a disc menu choice and we can tell, and so far no one has reported a disc with that disc menu option so there can't be any such discs currently available.

It's wait and see territory.
David Aiken is offline  
post #14285 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 02:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mrtickleuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Birmingham, UK - you know, the original one!
Posts: 7,312
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5046 Post(s)
Liked: 7367
Quote:
Originally Posted by comper View Post
Regardless, my whole point was to say that when the HDR label is there, it definitely IS saying HDR10 because the previous poster that I quoted had said that it just means "some form of HDR but not specifying which type" but then I see he replied after the fact and sort of retracted that statement.
The HDR label doesn't "mean HDR10", it means HDR. It's deliberately a generic label. Unless you have evidence to the contrary.

_______________
Denon AVR-X4200W, Arcam Alpha 8P; 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops | LG OLED55C8PLA TV | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
mrtickleuk is offline  
post #14286 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 03:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Clark Burk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Baltimore,MD.USA
Posts: 1,998
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 720 Post(s)
Liked: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aiken View Post
It's possible but DV is optional and there has to be HDR10 encoding so one of the questions we need answered is whether we get the choice between DV and HDR10 or is it going to work a bit like Dolby Atmos where you get Atmos if your system has the extra speakers or the TrueHD Core if your system doesn't and the processor in your component makes the choice based on the capabilities of your system? In other words if you have a DV capable system, do you get to choose DV or HDR10, or does everything default to DV without a choice?

There could be discs out there now with DV if the system defaults to DV depending on capability and we'd never know while there are no DV capable players available.

On the other hand, if we get a choice do we get to choose on the basis of a disc menu option, like we can choose soundtrack options, or is it an option that the player provides? If it's a disc menu option then there are currently no discs with DV encoding out there because no one has reported seeing such a menu option. I certainly haven't seen one. We do see Dolby Atmos tracks available as a choice in disc audio setup menus even if our systems aren't Atmos and we can select it but we only get the TrueHD core track.

So, are there discs with DV coding currently released and only awaiting a capable player to unlock DV on those discs for us? We can't tell. There may be or there may not be. It all depends on how DV is going to be handled in capable systems. If it's handled in one way there may be such discs and we can't telll. If it's handled in another way we get a disc menu choice and we can tell, and so far no one has reported a disc with that disc menu option so there can't be any such discs currently available.

It's wait and see territory.
You're right. We don't know how they will handle the switching between HDR10 and DV. It may be that unless the player is capable you won't even have a choice to make.
Imagine an uninformed user having a menu pop up asking if they want the HDR10 or the DV version. What happens if they select DV and their player or TV is not compatible?
My guess is unless the player firmware has been updated you won't even see a DV option. It would complicate things too much for the casual user. On the other hand I would like to be able to select the DV option even if my TV or projector is not compatible. Perhaps it may make an interesting new option for projector owners with limited dynamic range. My guess is if any manufacturer will enable that option it will be Oppo.

Clark
Clark Burk is online now  
post #14287 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 03:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
puddy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,063
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked: 2140
Quote:
Originally Posted by k124 View Post
Netflix Marvel titles were not playing in DV for me last night on Vizio P-Series... Anybody else have issues?

Other shows (e.g. Chef's Table) were fine
I posted this in the Vizio thread the other day in response to a couple others experiencing the same:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
Yes, DV is not engaging for any episode of Iron Fist right now even though it was working all week. Same for most of Jessica Jones. Daredevil and Luke Cage seem fine.

Whenever this happens, which seems to be more frequently, I like to reiterate that everyone experiencing these DV dropouts should report it to Netflix immediately. Maybe if enough people complain, it will get fixed quicker.

Go to Your Account - Viewing Activity and Report a Problem on every episode glitching out.
I think for some reason it is only sending out the HDR10 signal because the image is so washed out. Does anyone with an HDR10 set or streamer see the HDR looking normal on Iron Fist and Jessica Jones right now?
puddy77 is offline  
post #14288 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 03:35 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 21,026
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4477 Post(s)
Liked: 5829
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
I posted this in the Vizio thread the other day in response to a couple others experiencing the same:



I think for some reason it is only sending out the HDR10 signal because the image is so washed out. Does anyone with an HDR10 set or streamer see the HDR looking normal on Iron Fist and Jessica Jones right now?
I watched the entire season of Iron Fist, beginning on the day it became available. I thought the show's HDR, using HDR10, was beautiful in every episode. I haven't worried about DV because my nearly new TV doesn't have the capability to support it. For me it's going to be HDR10 for the foreseeable future, not that there's anything wrong with that.
aaronwt, galonzo, ray0414 and 4 others like this.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB and Terra Server 24 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+; Apple TV 4K
gwsat is offline  
post #14289 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 03:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
puddy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,063
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked: 2140
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I watched the entire season of Iron Fist, beginning on the day it became available. I thought the show's HDR, using HDR10, was beautiful in every episode. I haven't worried about DV because my nearly new TV doesn't have the capability to support it. For me it's going to be HDR10 for the foreseeable future, not that there's anything wrong with that.
Would you mind checking an episode right now to see if it looks the same? It was working fine until Thursday.
puddy77 is offline  
post #14290 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 03:43 PM
Senior Member
 
k124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 225
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
I posted this in the Vizio thread the other day in response to a couple others experiencing the same:

I think for some reason it is only sending out the HDR10 signal because the image is so washed out. Does anyone with an HDR10 set or streamer see the HDR looking normal on Iron Fist and Jessica Jones right now?

I saw others on Vizio ... was curious to see if owners of other TVs were having similar issues ...

I did check out on Roku and HDR10 engaged just fine ... oh well
k124 is offline  
post #14291 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
puddy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,063
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked: 2140
Quote:
Originally Posted by k124 View Post
I saw others on Vizio ... was curious to see if owners of other TVs were having similar issues ...

I did check out on Roku and HDR10 engaged just fine ... oh well
So it seems that it's only DV that's not working. Maybe someone with an LG can check it out? I know they support both. I wonder if theirs falls back to HDR10 just fine when DV fails like this?
puddy77 is offline  
post #14292 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 03:58 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 21,026
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4477 Post(s)
Liked: 5829
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
Would you mind checking an episode right now to see if it looks the same? It was working fine until Thursday.
You caught me at a good time. Just went to Netflix and watched part of Episode 1 of Iron Fist and it was indeed UHD HDR.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB and Terra Server 24 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+; Apple TV 4K
gwsat is offline  
post #14293 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 04:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
puddy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,063
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked: 2140
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
You caught me at a good time. Just went to Netflix and watched part of Episode 1 of Iron Fist and it was indeed UHD HDR.
Thanks! So that does seem to confirm HDR10 is working fine. Only DV is broken. It's just unfortunate that right now Vizios do not support HDR10 via streaming (only via HDMI).
Thanks again for checking.
puddy77 is offline  
post #14294 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 04:11 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 21,026
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4477 Post(s)
Liked: 5829
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
Thanks! So that does seem to confirm HDR10 is working fine. Only DV is broken. It's just unfortunate that right now Vizios do not support HDR10 via streaming (only via HDMI).
Thanks again for checking.
That's too bad about your Vizio. Fortunately, my Sony 940D handles HDR from all of its streaming apps.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB and Terra Server 24 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+; Apple TV 4K
gwsat is offline  
post #14295 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 05:42 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Wall, NJ
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by korsjs View Post
Picture quality aside, I am really enjoying Iron Fist. I think this is my favorite of the Marvels so far.
I finished it in 4 days it was pretty good I just jumped on it for the dolby vision and I really enjoyed it looking forward to season 2 anybody know when it will drop?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
King Richard likes this.

Pre-Pro: Yamaha CX-A5100, Amp: D-Sonic M3-5400-7, Subs: 3 JTR Orbit Shifter LFU's, LCR: DIYSG F-15 Sentinels, Surrounds: Tannoy 802's, 4k player: Panasonic UB-900, 4k Gaming PC
David Varner is offline  
post #14296 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 05:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Wall, NJ
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
You caught me at a good time. Just went to Netflix and watched part of Episode 1 of Iron Fist and it was indeed UHD HDR.
Dolby Vision dialogue box popped right up on my LG UH8500 when I started each episode.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Pre-Pro: Yamaha CX-A5100, Amp: D-Sonic M3-5400-7, Subs: 3 JTR Orbit Shifter LFU's, LCR: DIYSG F-15 Sentinels, Surrounds: Tannoy 802's, 4k player: Panasonic UB-900, 4k Gaming PC
David Varner is offline  
post #14297 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 06:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hobbs47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,761
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
So it seems that it's only DV that's not working. Maybe someone with an LG can check it out? I know they support both. I wonder if theirs falls back to HDR10 just fine when DV fails like this?
DV is working fine for me on the Marvell stuff. LG Oled. 65B.

Benq HT3550/LG OLED65B6P /Panny UB820 4k Bluray/Apple TV 4k
Nvidia Shield/HDFury AVRkey/Samsung HW-K950 Soundbar
hobbs47 is offline  
post #14298 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 06:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
puddy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,063
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked: 2140
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Varner View Post
Dolby Vision dialogue box popped right up on my LG UH8500 when I started each episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs47 View Post
DV is working fine for me on the Marvell stuff. LG Oled. 65B.
Interesting. So it's just Vizios being affected. Thanks for checking.
puddy77 is offline  
post #14299 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 07:47 PM
 
ben12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 265
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Vudu 4K HDR vs 4K disks

How does the PQ compare between watching a 4K movie on Vudu vs watching the 4K disk. One would assume the 4K disk would be superior but on Vudu with an Dolby Vision enabled tv you can get it in Dolby Vision which I assume could offset the different in quality.
ben12345 is offline  
post #14300 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 07:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Wall, NJ
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 192
@puddy77
Give this quick look over you may not be meeting all the requirement in netflix to be able to stream dolby vision

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/42384
David Varner is offline  
post #14301 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 16,927
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12748 Post(s)
Liked: 12064
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben12345 View Post
How does the PQ compare between watching a 4K movie on Vudu vs watching the 4K disk. One would assume the 4K disk would be superior but on Vudu with an Dolby Vision enabled tv you can get it in Dolby Vision which I assume could offset the different in quality.


Depends on each tvs capabilities.

82Q90R*75Q9FN(RIP)*55C8OLED*Galaxy Note10+*Ub820 fed into Oppo 203*XB1X*4k DenonX4200

MASTER LIST OF HDR CONTENT THREAD HERE, UPDATED OFTEN
ray0414 is offline  
post #14302 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 08:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
puddy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,063
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked: 2140
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Varner View Post
@puddy77
Give this quick look over you may not be meeting all the requirement in netflix to be able to stream dolby vision

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/42384
Thanks for your concern. But I can stream DV just fine. I'm watching Abstract in DV as we speak. And Iron Fist was streaming in DV until Thursday. We've been discussing it in the Vizio thread. I'm not the only one affected.
puddy77 is offline  
post #14303 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 16,927
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12748 Post(s)
Liked: 12064
Ralph gave Fantastic Beasts a perfect 100 score. Billy Lynns is the only other 100 score from him that I know of.
aaronwt, galonzo and King Richard like this.

82Q90R*75Q9FN(RIP)*55C8OLED*Galaxy Note10+*Ub820 fed into Oppo 203*XB1X*4k DenonX4200

MASTER LIST OF HDR CONTENT THREAD HERE, UPDATED OFTEN
ray0414 is offline  
post #14304 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 08:04 PM
Senior Member
 
bigck417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Ralph gave Fantastic Beasts a score of 100 for its UHD presentation. Looking forward to this one. This is going to be an expensive Tuesday.
aaronwt and King Richard like this.
bigck417 is offline  
post #14305 of 28355 Old 03-25-2017, 09:04 PM
Senior Member
 
k124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 225
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Hmm, now having issues w/ Netflix playback of HDR on Roku as well
k124 is offline  
post #14306 of 28355 Old 03-26-2017, 12:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lujan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,134
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4727 Post(s)
Liked: 2756
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
Would you mind checking an episode right now to see if it looks the same? It was working fine until Thursday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k124 View Post
I saw others on Vizio ... was curious to see if owners of other TVs were having similar issues ...

I did check out on Roku and HDR10 engaged just fine ... oh well
Yes, I watched episode 2 last night and HDR was working fine on Iron Fist but I haven't tried casting to my Vizio to check for problems with DV. I usually use what is easier to watch and using the Roku or Shield is easier so I go with that instead of casting.

lujan
567 Ultra HD
728 HD
4 SD
lujan is offline  
post #14307 of 28355 Old 03-26-2017, 07:39 AM
 
CINERAMAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 17,607
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2273 Post(s)
Liked: 1292
Send a message via Skype™ to CINERAMAX
Can we add the Kaleidescape Strato as one if not the top HDR delivery Platform?

Here are the HDR Titltes, and growing by leaps and bounds recently.

These are the ones with atmos, but any hdr movie with Atmos they upgrade the soundtrack in a bit after it gets released without.

Nothing compares to having Kelidescape in HDR with Atmos. After you see the movie once you can demo your firends through selected scenes, or scripts of scenes. We wonn best Atmos demo at CEDIA With This.

They will soon be adding more studios, anyone remotely serious about home cinema should check out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CEDIA KALEIDESCAPE 2016 180 minute playlist (3) (1).pdf (56.3 KB, 68 views)
aaronwt, gwsat and King Richard like this.
CINERAMAX is offline  
post #14308 of 28355 Old 03-26-2017, 08:46 AM
Senior Member
 
KB77Hell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 245
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhite666 View Post
For me the HDR version is still available in the Featured section.

When you find something you like , add it to your watchlist or the UHD version will disappear from Amazon prime once you played it one time.

I made this mistake with Sneaky Pete UHD, now I can't watch Episode 02 in UHD.
Unfortunately I cannot find The GT anywhere in the app or on my computer, damn you Amazon! I will however add them to my watchlist in the future as you've suggested, thanks.

LG OLED65C6P
MARANTZ SR6011
OPPO UDP-203
PS4 PRO ~ XBOX ONE-S ~ PS3 ~ BELL FIBE
Monitor Audio Silver Series Speakers in 7.1
KB77Hell is offline  
post #14309 of 28355 Old 03-26-2017, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hobbs47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,761
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben12345 View Post
How does the PQ compare between watching a 4K movie on Vudu vs watching the 4K disk. One would assume the 4K disk would be superior but on Vudu with an Dolby Vision enabled tv you can get it in Dolby Vision which I assume could offset the different in quality.
I've found the 4k discs to be better than the Vudu DV versions, but it is not as wide of a gap as you may think. That's saving me $ as there have been 4-5 movies I may have purchased on disc that I just purchased the code, and have been perfectly happy. Of course you don't get the lossless sound with the streaming copy so that's something to consider.

Benq HT3550/LG OLED65B6P /Panny UB820 4k Bluray/Apple TV 4k
Nvidia Shield/HDFury AVRkey/Samsung HW-K950 Soundbar
hobbs47 is offline  
post #14310 of 28355 Old 03-26-2017, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 16,927
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12748 Post(s)
Liked: 12064
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
Can we add the Kaleidescape Strato as one if not the top HDR delivery Platform?

Here are the HDR Titltes, and growing by leaps and bounds recently.

These are the ones with atmos, but any hdr movie with Atmos they upgrade the soundtrack in a bit after it gets released without.

Nothing compares to having Kelidescape in HDR with Atmos. After you see the movie once you can demo your firends through selected scenes, or scripts of scenes. We wonn best Atmos demo at CEDIA With This.

They will soon be adding more studios, anyone remotely serious about home cinema should check out.

I will add the device and I will add the link you provided, which I'm assuming gets updated on its own when a new title is added.

82Q90R*75Q9FN(RIP)*55C8OLED*Galaxy Note10+*Ub820 fed into Oppo 203*XB1X*4k DenonX4200

MASTER LIST OF HDR CONTENT THREAD HERE, UPDATED OFTEN
ray0414 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply High Dynamic Range (HDR) & Wide Color Gamut (WCG)

Tags
dolby vision , hdr10 , JS8500 , KS9800 , ultra hd blu-ray

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off