Master List of currently available 4k HDR titles, will be updated often. - Page 764 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 29398Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #22891 of 26733 Old 06-22-2018, 07:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
korsjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 625
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
What was wrong with the audio on Dunkirk? i didn't run into any issues when I watched it.
My issue was it is not an accurate representation of real life sound. No issues about if it is Atmos or normal dts ma. Saving Private Ryan is a much better example of what war really sounds like.

I am only basing this from a little bit better than a mid range audio system. I'm sure top of line would sound a tad better but saving Private Ryan is a real as it gets.

Edit - and 2001 is one of my favorites of all time. I just hope he doesn't mess the sound up to bad.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
mrtickleuk likes this.

Family Room
LG OLED65C6P, Denon AVRX2400H, Oppo 203, XBOX One S

Bedroom
TCL 55R615, Samsung UBD-K8500

Last edited by korsjs; 06-22-2018 at 07:59 AM.
korsjs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22892 of 26733 Old 06-22-2018, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 16,614
Mentioned: 252 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12472 Post(s)
Liked: 11662
Luke Cage season 2 dropped today on Netflix.
ray0414 is offline  
post #22893 of 26733 Old 06-22-2018, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 16,614
Mentioned: 252 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12472 Post(s)
Liked: 11662
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmichaelh View Post
That’s a huge post to keep updated Ray. Appreciate the reference. I’ve purchased more than a few titles thanks to you .

Do you use an external editor and copy/paste, or edit directly from a web page or tapatalk app every time?

Thanks, hdr has grown more than I could have imagined since to creates the thread 3 years ago. I really wish there was an open edit button so that anyone could edit the 1st post.

It's easiest to do from a computer but it's not the quickest and I hardly ever get in a computer anymore. 99% of the time I'm mobile now. The list is due for a good update and maybe an overhaul of a couple of areas.
galonzo, Musician and RagtopFE like this.
ray0414 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22894 of 26733 Old 06-22-2018, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mrtickleuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Birmingham, UK - you know, the original one!
Posts: 6,474
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4415 Post(s)
Liked: 6696
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
Thanks, hdr has grown more than I could have imagined since to creates the thread 3 years ago. I really wish there was an open edit button so that anyone could edit the 1st post.
Too late now of course, but I've noticed on other threads people add a post #2 , #3 , #4 which are blank and saying "placeholder" etc. Now we know why! It allows you to split up post #1 at a later date, if you decide you want to chop it up into smaller pieces.

_______________
Denon AVR-X4200W, Arcam Alpha 8P; 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops | LG OLED55C8PLA TV | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
mrtickleuk is offline  
post #22895 of 26733 Old 06-22-2018, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
morphinapg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,683
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked: 1767
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
Luke Cage season 2 dropped today on Netflix.
How's the HDR? I saw the first season in SDR but thought HDR would have looked really nice on that show.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk
DrTim likes this.

Living Room: Sony XBR65X930D, Sony HTCT780, Base PS4, Philips BDP7501
Bedroom: LG OLED55C6P, Denon AVR-X1300W (5.1.2), PS4 Pro, Philips BDP7502, AV.io 4K
Check out my video game movie edits
morphinapg is offline  
post #22896 of 26733 Old 06-22-2018, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,764
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1825 Post(s)
Liked: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphinapg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
Luke Cage season 2 dropped today on Netflix.
How's the HDR? I saw the first season in SDR but thought HDR would have looked really nice on that show.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk
I watched half of the first episode, it looked pretty good. Grain is still there, just not pronounced. Didn't expect to see that Lucy Liu directed the first episode.
DrTim likes this.
DisplayCalNoob is online now  
post #22897 of 26733 Old 06-22-2018, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
korsjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 625
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplayCalNoob View Post
I watched half of the first episode, it looked pretty good. Grain is still there, just not pronounced. Didn't expect to see that Lucy Liu directed the first episode.
i agree, even though not perfect, it's alot better than the junk grain they have been adding in the marvel series. i watched the first episode in DV via CC but switched to xbox for ep 2 so I could hear the atmos. really wish chromecast would get their crap together.

i can't really compare the hdr10 vs DV since i am watching in a lighted environment right now.
galonzo and Musician like this.

Family Room
LG OLED65C6P, Denon AVRX2400H, Oppo 203, XBOX One S

Bedroom
TCL 55R615, Samsung UBD-K8500
korsjs is offline  
post #22898 of 26733 Old 06-22-2018, 01:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
morphinapg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,683
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked: 1767
Ignoring the grain how is the HDR? I never really cared about the grain in these shows, always looked fine to me.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk
mrtickleuk and DrTim like this.

Living Room: Sony XBR65X930D, Sony HTCT780, Base PS4, Philips BDP7501
Bedroom: LG OLED55C6P, Denon AVR-X1300W (5.1.2), PS4 Pro, Philips BDP7502, AV.io 4K
Check out my video game movie edits
morphinapg is offline  
post #22899 of 26733 Old 06-22-2018, 01:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
korsjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 625
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphinapg View Post
Ignoring the grain how is the HDR? I never really cared about the grain in these shows, always looked fine to me.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk
i would say on par with the other recent marval releases, nothing to showoff the HDR tech.

i just switched back to DV for episode three and i hope no one turns this into a racist thing but i think the DV does look better. i am basing that off comparing luke cage's darker skin tone vs the jamacian's bad guy slightly lighter skin tone when their heads are in a nighttime scene.
tmdorsey, galonzo, azz7686 and 1 others like this.

Family Room
LG OLED65C6P, Denon AVRX2400H, Oppo 203, XBOX One S

Bedroom
TCL 55R615, Samsung UBD-K8500
korsjs is offline  
post #22900 of 26733 Old 06-22-2018, 03:04 PM
Member
 
Rizob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Goliath Season 2

Can any other folks let me know if they are getting the same issue as me with Goliath Season 2?


Only Episode 5 is showing as HDR, whilst all of Season 1 shows as HDR. I have checked on the Amazon app on my Sony 4K TV, and also the app on my Panasonic 4K Player and get the same result on both devices. Really weird! I'm definitely in the Ultra HD section.

I'm in the UK, maybe other UK folks are seeing the same thing?

Sony 55X930C - Denon X3400H - KEF R500 / R200c / R50 / Arendal Sub 1 (5.1.2) - Panasonic UB700 UHD Player - PS4 Pro - Xbox One X - Switch
Rizob is offline  
post #22901 of 26733 Old 06-23-2018, 08:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mrtickleuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Birmingham, UK - you know, the original one!
Posts: 6,474
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4415 Post(s)
Liked: 6696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizob View Post
Can any other folks let me know if they are getting the same issue as me with Goliath Season 2?


Only Episode 5 is showing as HDR, whilst all of Season 1 shows as HDR. I have checked on the Amazon app on my Sony 4K TV, and also the app on my Panasonic 4K Player and get the same result on both devices. Really weird! I'm definitely in the Ultra HD section.

I'm in the UK, maybe other UK folks are seeing the same thing?
Just checked. Same here :-(. The "Season 2" tile says HDR. But inside, only Episode 5 is HDR.
Tested on Samsung KS7000 internal TV app and Samsung K8500 4k blu-ray player's app.

(Annoyingly, the Fire TV (2017) that I have doesn't have a HDR flag visible in the details, even for programmes that are HDR, such as The Man in the High Castle. Just when I thought Amazon's UI couldn't get any worse!)

So it's not you.
galonzo, Rizob and Musician like this.

_______________
Denon AVR-X4200W, Arcam Alpha 8P; 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops | LG OLED55C8PLA TV | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
mrtickleuk is offline  
post #22902 of 26733 Old 06-23-2018, 09:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lujan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,673
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4346 Post(s)
Liked: 2444
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
Just checked. Same here :-(. The "Season 2" tile says HDR. But inside, only Episode 5 is HDR.
Tested on Samsung KS7000 internal TV app and Samsung K8500 4k blu-ray player's app.

(Annoyingly, the Fire TV (2017) that I have doesn't have a HDR flag visible in the details, even for programmes that are HDR, such as The Man in the High Castle. Just when I thought Amazon's UI couldn't get any worse!)

So it's not you.
I just started to watch Goliath season 2 last night and I got HDR. I watched it on the ATV4K device. I'm enjoying it more that I did season 1. I couldn't stand most of the characters in season 1.
galonzo likes this.

lujan
515 Ultra HD
724 HD
4 SD
lujan is offline  
post #22903 of 26733 Old 06-23-2018, 10:27 AM
Member
 
Rizob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
Just checked. Same here :-(. The "Season 2" tile says HDR. But inside, only Episode 5 is HDR.
Tested on Samsung KS7000 internal TV app and Samsung K8500 4k blu-ray player's app.

(Annoyingly, the Fire TV (2017) that I have doesn't have a HDR flag visible in the details, even for programmes that are HDR, such as The Man in the High Castle. Just when I thought Amazon's UI couldn't get any worse!)

So it's not you.
Seems like it might be a UK problem then. At least i'm not alone! I really don't understand how Amazon can be so pathetic at running a video service. They messed up Goliath Season 1 as well. The 4kHDR version had bright grey bars at the top and bottom of the screen for every episode, something that wasn't the case for US folks. I think i posted in here about it with screenshots as well. I waited nearly a year for them to fix it before giving up and just watching with the grey bars. I haven't checked but I wouldn't be surprised if they still hadn't fixed it. If my main reason for Prime wasn't the delivery service, there's no way I would be paying for their video service. No wonder Netflix reigns supreme!
galonzo, Musician and mrtickleuk like this.

Sony 55X930C - Denon X3400H - KEF R500 / R200c / R50 / Arendal Sub 1 (5.1.2) - Panasonic UB700 UHD Player - PS4 Pro - Xbox One X - Switch
Rizob is offline  
post #22904 of 26733 Old 06-23-2018, 10:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lujan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,673
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4346 Post(s)
Liked: 2444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizob View Post
Seems like it might be a UK problem then. At least i'm not alone! I really don't understand how Amazon can be so pathetic at running a video service. They messed up Goliath Season 1 as well. The 4kHDR version had bright grey bars at the top and bottom of the screen for every episode, something that wasn't the case for US folks. I think i posted in here about it with screenshots as well. I waited nearly a year for them to fix it before giving up and just watching with the grey bars. I haven't checked but I wouldn't be surprised if they still hadn't fixed it. If my main reason for Prime wasn't the delivery service, there's no way I would be paying for their video service. No wonder Netflix reigns supreme!
Yes, Amazon Prime is the worst as far as bugs and their customer service is so bad that they usually don't know what you're talking about when you call. For instance, if I mentioned HDR to them, they wouldn't know what that is.
galonzo, Musician and mrtickleuk like this.

lujan
515 Ultra HD
724 HD
4 SD
lujan is offline  
post #22905 of 26733 Old 06-23-2018, 06:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,764
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1825 Post(s)
Liked: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by korsjs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphinapg View Post
Ignoring the grain how is the HDR? I never really cared about the grain in these shows, always looked fine to me.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk
i would say on par with the other recent marval releases, nothing to showoff the HDR tech.

i just switched back to DV for episode three and i hope no one turns this into a racist thing but i think the DV does look better. i am basing that off comparing luke cage's darker skin tone vs the jamacian's bad guy slightly lighter skin tone when their heads are in a nighttime scene.
No, it's not racist. I think color all around is better this season, highlights look great. Shots from inside Pops barber shop look really nice.
DrTim likes this.
DisplayCalNoob is online now  
post #22906 of 26733 Old 06-23-2018, 07:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
morphinapg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,683
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked: 1767
I watched the first episode last night, thought it looked really nice. Watched in DV on my C6.
DrTim likes this.

Living Room: Sony XBR65X930D, Sony HTCT780, Base PS4, Philips BDP7501
Bedroom: LG OLED55C6P, Denon AVR-X1300W (5.1.2), PS4 Pro, Philips BDP7502, AV.io 4K
Check out my video game movie edits
morphinapg is offline  
post #22907 of 26733 Old 06-24-2018, 07:24 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 10,167
Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3990 Post(s)
Liked: 3161
Double dipped and didn't know it until after !

Purchased the 4K Interstellar after all the rave reviews.
But, had a feeling I'd seen it before. Checked my BD collection. Not there.
Started watching, to now realize I had seen it before. Re-checked my BD collection (Which are all in alphabetic storage.) to now find it there !
Problem with getting older, the mind likes to play tricks on us !
So somebody will be happy that I'd inadvertently double dipped. (Was the 4K better than the just Blu-ray? Can't tell, as it was so long ago since I watched the original.)
3 hours ! Got through 2 - to be continued.
mrtickleuk and DrTim like this.

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)
p5browne is online now  
post #22908 of 26733 Old 06-24-2018, 07:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mattopotamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,527
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2063 Post(s)
Liked: 2051
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post
Purchased the 4K Interstellar after all the rave reviews.
But, had a feeling I'd seen it before. Checked my BD collection. Not there.
Started watching, to now realize I had seen it before. Re-checked my BD collection (Which are all in alphabetic storage.) to now find it there !
Problem with getting older, the mind likes to play tricks on us !
So somebody will be happy that I'd inadvertently double dipped. (Was the 4K better than the just Blu-ray? Can't tell, as it was so long ago since I watched the original.)
3 hours ! Got through 2 - to be continued.
The 4K version has much better blacks.
galonzo likes this.
Mattopotamus is offline  
post #22909 of 26733 Old 06-24-2018, 02:07 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 35,391
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8952 Post(s)
Liked: 5730
Quote:
Originally Posted by korsjs View Post
My issue was it is not an accurate representation of real life sound. No issues about if it is Atmos or normal dts ma. Saving Private Ryan is a much better example of what war really sounds like.

I am only basing this from a little bit better than a mid range audio system. I'm sure top of line would sound a tad better but saving Private Ryan is a real as it gets.

Edit - and 2001 is one of my favorites of all time. I just hope he doesn't mess the sound up to bad.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
I've never been in a war so I have no idea what it really sounds like. Plus it's a movie any way. It isn't reality. And like every movie made, everything in it doesn't follow the rules of the real world. And sound is one of the things that is rarely correct in movies.

Sent from my Nexus 7(16GB) using Tapatalk
cydeweyz and reallynotnick like this.

49TB unRAID1a--53TB unRAID2--70TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #22910 of 26733 Old 06-24-2018, 02:08 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 35,391
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8952 Post(s)
Liked: 5730
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
Luke Cage season 2 dropped today on Netflix.
Yes. It's in HDR and Atmos

Sent from my Nexus 7(16GB) using Tapatalk

49TB unRAID1a--53TB unRAID2--70TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #22911 of 26733 Old 06-24-2018, 02:11 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 35,391
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8952 Post(s)
Liked: 5730
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
Yes, Amazon Prime is the worst as far as bugs and their customer service is so bad that they usually don't know what you're talking about when you call. For instance, if I mentioned HDR to them, they wouldn't know what that is.
I'm surprised anyone would actually call them about HDR. Although I always have them call me. But talking to them about HDR isn't going to do anything anyway. It would just be a waste of time.

Sent from my Nexus 7(16GB) using Tapatalk

49TB unRAID1a--53TB unRAID2--70TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #22912 of 26733 Old 06-24-2018, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lujan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,673
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4346 Post(s)
Liked: 2444
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I'm surprised anyone would actually call them about HDR. ...

Sent from my Nexus 7(16GB) using Tapatalk
If they advertise a movie as being 4k HDR and then you play it and there's no HDR. This would be a reason to contact Amazon and this has actually happened in the past.

lujan
515 Ultra HD
724 HD
4 SD
lujan is offline  
post #22913 of 26733 Old 06-24-2018, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 16,614
Mentioned: 252 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12472 Post(s)
Liked: 11662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
The 4K version has much better blacks.


If by blacks you mean Grey then yes those Grey blacks are fantastic.
morphinapg likes this.
ray0414 is offline  
post #22914 of 26733 Old 06-24-2018, 11:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
Freeze Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 581
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Does anyone know when Hulu will be getting any 4k content?
Freeze Time is offline  
post #22915 of 26733 Old 06-24-2018, 11:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
morphinapg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,683
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked: 1767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze Time View Post
Does anyone know when Hulu will be getting any 4k content?
Hulu already has some original 4K content, just not in HDR

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk
galonzo and DrTim like this.

Living Room: Sony XBR65X930D, Sony HTCT780, Base PS4, Philips BDP7501
Bedroom: LG OLED55C6P, Denon AVR-X1300W (5.1.2), PS4 Pro, Philips BDP7502, AV.io 4K
Check out my video game movie edits
morphinapg is offline  
post #22916 of 26733 Old 06-24-2018, 11:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
Freeze Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 581
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphinapg View Post
Hulu already has some original 4K content, just not in HDR

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

Oh wow cool. How do I find it? Do you need the highest priced plan like Netflix to watch it? I have googled 4K Hulu but can't find anything.
Freeze Time is offline  
post #22917 of 26733 Old 06-24-2018, 11:25 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 35,391
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8952 Post(s)
Liked: 5730
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
If they advertise a movie as being 4k HDR and then you play it and there's no HDR. This would be a reason to contact Amazon and this has actually happened in the past.
I have too much experience dealing with the Amazon CSRs. HDR seems to be beyond their comprehension. Heck just dealing with shipping issues is beyond their comprehension sometimes. WHich unfortunately happens too often to me.
galonzo and Musician like this.

49TB unRAID1a--53TB unRAID2--70TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #22918 of 26733 Old 06-24-2018, 11:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
morphinapg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,683
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked: 1767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze Time View Post
Oh wow cool. How do I find it? Do you need the highest priced plan like Netflix to watch it? I have googled 4K Hulu but can't find anything.
https://www.dailydot.com/upstream/hulu-4k-shows-movies/

Also, I think the app on LG TVs might support 4K now, since it updated to have the same UI as the PS4 app, but I haven't watched anything recently to test it with.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

Living Room: Sony XBR65X930D, Sony HTCT780, Base PS4, Philips BDP7501
Bedroom: LG OLED55C6P, Denon AVR-X1300W (5.1.2), PS4 Pro, Philips BDP7502, AV.io 4K
Check out my video game movie edits
morphinapg is offline  
post #22919 of 26733 Old 06-25-2018, 05:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bobbino421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,798
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1151 Post(s)
Liked: 718
Saw Jurassic World fallen Kingdom yesterday at a Dolby cinema. 3rd movie I have seen in this theater format and the first time I have been impressed with the PQ, the other two last Jedi and skull island did not impress me as I have stated earlier in this thread. I still prefer IMAX over Dolby but JWFK will definitely be a top notch UHD Disc when it comes out!
aaronwt, Musician and DrTim like this.

Sony 55 A9F
Panasonic DP-UB820
Sony UBP-X700
Samsung HW-K950 Dolby Atmos sound bar
bobbino421 is offline  
post #22920 of 26733 Old 06-25-2018, 06:53 AM
Member
 
HD KOOL-AID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze Time View Post
Does anyone know when Hulu will be getting any 4k content?
Looks like they dropped 4k support.
https://tvanswerman.com/2018/06/15/d...ort-for-4k-tv/
HD KOOL-AID is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply High Dynamic Range (HDR) & Wide Color Gamut (WCG)

Tags
dolby vision , hdr10 , JS8500 , KS9800 , ultra hd blu-ray

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off