PC to HDR TV: RGB Full 8 bpc vs YCbCr422 10 bpc? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

post #31 of 71 Old 06-04-2017, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just updated windows 10 to version 1703 , build 15063.332
Looks like now it support HDR by default , I have LG 55UH950 , now desktop looks dark , and white is gray
when I use 8bpc it back to normal colors and white is white again

HDR works @ 4K YCbCr422 and Output dynamic range on LIMITED

GTX1080TI driver 382.05

any comments ?

Last edited by TOPERS; 06-04-2017 at 09:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 71 Old 06-04-2017, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2361 Post(s)
Liked: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPERS View Post

Looks like now it support HDR by default , I have LG 55UH950 , now desktop looks dark , and white is gray

GTX1080TI driver 382.05

any comments ?

No it does not. Do you have mass effect andromedA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DocACE911 on Steam, XBOX, PS4
"Kill Cancer or Die"
Custom Z9 Game Settings For SDR and HDR
Sony 75" Z9, Denon X4200, Definitive Technologies BP7002 + 9.1 ATMOS, PSV 18" sub
Loving Wife and 4 year old Son who tolerate this expense!
post #33 of 71 Old 06-04-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjchmura View Post
No it does not. Do you have mass effect andromedA?

I not have this game , and what you mean "No it does not" ?

Desktop working on HDR [email protected] 4:2:2 12bpc

TV detect HDR , icon appear on right top corner for like 2-3sec , in pic info I can see HDR BT2020

Last edited by TOPERS; 06-04-2017 at 01:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 71 Old 06-06-2017, 01:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Yes, I can see the HDR icon as well. But the colors are bad. My question is what setting is best to have both good color/HDR....or is there one at all?
post #35 of 71 Old 06-06-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saminjapan View Post
Yes, I can see the HDR icon as well. But the colors are bad. My question is what setting is best to have both good color/HDR....or is there one at all?
yes I want to know too .

when HDR enabled , windows colors and light looks like $h1t , but HDR video is ok .
when I turn off HDR , windows is ok , but HDR video looks like $h1t .
post #36 of 71 Old 06-07-2017, 07:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:
yes I want to know too .

when HDR enabled , windows colors and light looks like $h1t , but HDR video is ok .
when I turn off HDR , windows is ok , but HDR video looks like $h1t .
I can't even tell youtube videos are playing in hdr with latest windows 10 and 1080ti on a vizio P65... desktop colors look terrible. No love for the pc crowd.
post #37 of 71 Old 06-08-2017, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 38
The HDR implementation in the Creators Update seems incredibly flawed.

As others have noted before the update any HDR content (such as Resident Evil 7) would send the meta data and have the TV switch into HDR mode. Now with the stupid HDR ON/OFF switch in Windows 10 settings we are effectively keeping the TV in HDR Mode despite the desktop and content being SDR.

So this means that the colour seems washed out, blacks become greys, reds start to merge together and the whole thing is an absolute mess.

This is a steam avatar which looks fine in SDR mode...

Now with HDR mode on, but playing an SDR game (Rocket League) the whole thing is over saturated...

The problem then of course extends into watching Movies or TV.

So basically the implementation means that you now have to manually go in and "flick" the HDR switch on or off depending on the content you plan to display. This becomes even more tiresome if you want to change colour spaces from say 4:4:4 (won't support HDR) to 4:2:2 10 bit (to get the HDR switch to activate).

The whole thing is completely messed up and there doesn't seem to be any information at all about how this is going to be fixed
post #38 of 71 Old 06-09-2017, 04:29 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Use Nvidia driver 378.92 for now, it does not contain the WDDM 2.2 for Windows CU and you can let NVCP control HDR. Anything after 378.92 forces Windows to control HDR and this is where all the shenanigans happen. It is ****ing BORKED and I do not know how major companies get away releasing **** like this!
post #39 of 71 Old 06-14-2017, 06:11 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi hope someone can help...since the new windows update I'm getting sparkle white pixels flashing across my desktop, noticeable when the screen is black. I have an LG OLED65E6 and a GTX1080. Tried all sorts of setting in control center but unable to stop them. I thought it was when I switched HDR on within Win 10 but it's constant. Have done some googling and some say it's the HDMI cable but it was fine before the update...
post #40 of 71 Old 06-14-2017, 06:45 AM

Hey guys,

i hope you can help me out a bit. Im new to this forum but i was around at the german hifi-forum for allready 12 years and also on the british avforums. So i hope im not a complete noob .
I googled for a few days but didnt find anything to answer my questions properly. Finally this thread seems to be an appropriate place with allready pretty good informations in my direction.

So last week i bought a LG 55e6 as it was a good deal and the 55e7 lacks 3D support (which i really use very often) and only has minor advantages in brightness and processing. Lets hope for great 2018 sets
with HDMI 2.1, VRR, HFR, HDR10+ etc. . All in all im very happy and only have minor to non banding on my set and no problems at all with the 3D being perfect. By the way the perfect banding test with real life content in near black situation is the movie Hacksaw Ridge on UHD bluray from 1:48:30 onwards (night shots with fog and smoke in the background). This is the only situation till now where i could see banding with real life content. Soccer and other sports with panning shots seem to be no problem. Would be interesting to know if you see banding in this Hacksaw scene on your sets too!?

So to come back to the main topic my problem right now with the 55e6 is that im really confused wich is the correct setting in NVIDIA drivers and on the TV espacially with watching movies in PDVD17.

First of all i got a Nvidia GTX 1070 with driver 382.33, Windows 10 64bit version 1703 (build 15063.332), PowerDVD17 and of course i set HDMI input to PC and activated HDR deep color on the input the PC is hooked up to.

As long as i have no 4k UHD bluray drive for my pc and so won't watch any HDR content but a lot of standard bluray and play a few games i thought the best was to set the Nvidia control panel to (RGB/8bit/rgb range limited which means 16-235)!? To match that RGB limited range i set the TVs black level to the low setting. I hope this is correct PC limited = TV low and PC full = TV high?

On desktop and games the black level with my TVs settings (oled light 70/contrast 75/brightness 51 to maintain 0 mll) seems to be fine like this.

But if i watch a movie in PDVD17 now the blacks are grey and i have to lower the TVs brightness to 42 to have black beeing black again. This cant be normal? As far as i know from google nearly everyone has their brightness set to 51 as optimal setting because it maintains 0mll for black and reduces black crush form which 2016 oleds suffer in general!?

It behaves exactly the same when i set the Nvidia control panel to (Ycbcr 4:4:4/ which is allways limited). Desktop and games seem to be fine with same problems in PDVD17 with movies.

If i select (Ycbcr 4:2:2 or 4:2:0/ limited) in Nvidia control panel games seem to have color problems. For example flickering sky in GTA 5. Blacks in PDVD17 seem to be black now perhaps too black. As i said i know the LG 2016 panels suffer from black crush in general and there are a lot of discussion from calibrators how to reduce it at least a bit. But if i use the AVSHD test disc with PDVD17 in this setting and view the brightness pattern, is it normal that i can only see the flashing from 20 onwards with TVs brightness set to 51? With brightness set to 55 i can see flashing form 18 onwards perhaps barely 17 but im loosing 0 mll for black. Is this the generally known black crush or is there another problem?

If i select (RGB/ full range 1-255) in the Nvidia control panel and of course set the TVs black level to high to match it, colors seem to be great in games and blacks seem to be black in PDVD17. Again blacks seem to be crushed a bit. In the AVS brightnes pattern i can only see flashing from 20 onwards again with brightnes of 51. Its again better with brightnes of 55 but again im loosing 0 mll black.

I am confused which is the right setting to watch movies with PDVD17 and if there is a software problem with PDVD17 or windows? I hope no hardware issues? I really hope someone can help me out. And also tell me if you had the same problems!? I put all my hopes in you guys!

Greetings from Germany! I hope my english is OK .
post #41 of 71 Old 06-14-2017, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiTaNoL View Post
Hey guys,

i hope you can help me out a bit. Im new to this forum but i was around at the german hifi-forum for allready 12 years and also on the british avforums. So i hope im not a complete noob .
I googled for a few days but didnt find anything to answer my questions properly. Finally this thread seems to be an appropriate place with allready pretty good informations in my direction.

So last week i bought a LG 55e6 as it was a good deal and the 55e7 lacks 3D support (which i really use very often) and only has minor advantages in brightness and processing. Lets hope for great 2018 sets
with HDMI 2.1, VRR, HFR, HDR10+ etc. . All in all im very happy and only have minor to non banding on my set and no problems at all with the 3D being perfect. By the way the perfect banding test with real life content in near black situation is the movie Hacksaw Ridge on UHD bluray from 1:48:30 onwards (night shots with fog and smoke in the background). This is the only situation till now where i could see banding with real life content. Soccer and other sports with panning shots seem to be no problem. Would be interesting to know if you see banding in this Hacksaw scene on your sets too!?

So to come back to the main topic my problem right now with the 55e6 is that im really confused wich is the correct setting in NVIDIA drivers and on the TV espacially with watching movies in PDVD17.

First of all i got a Nvidia GTX 1070 with driver 382.33, Windows 10 64bit version 1703 (build 15063.332), PowerDVD17 and of course i set HDMI input to PC and activated HDR deep color on the input the PC is hooked up to.

As long as i have no 4k UHD bluray drive for my pc and so won't watch any HDR content but a lot of standard bluray and play a few games i thought the best was to set the Nvidia control panel to (RGB/8bit/rgb range limited which means 16-235)!? To match that RGB limited range i set the TVs black level to the low setting. I hope this is correct PC limited = TV low and PC full = TV high?

On desktop and games the black level with my TVs settings (oled light 70/contrast 75/brightness 51 to maintain 0 mll) seems to be fine like this.

But if i watch a movie in PDVD17 now the blacks are grey and i have to lower the TVs brightness to 42 to have black beeing black again. This cant be normal? As far as i know from google nearly everyone has their brightness set to 51 as optimal setting because it maintains 0mll for black and reduces black crush form which 2016 oleds suffer in general!?

It behaves exactly the same when i set the Nvidia control panel to (Ycbcr 4:4:4/ which is allways limited). Desktop and games seem to be fine with same problems in PDVD17 with movies.

If i select (Ycbcr 4:2:2 or 4:2:0/ limited) in Nvidia control panel games seem to have color problems. For example flickering sky in GTA 5. Blacks in PDVD17 seem to be black now perhaps too black. As i said i know the LG 2016 panels suffer from black crush in general and there are a lot of discussion from calibrators how to reduce it at least a bit. But if i use the AVSHD test disc with PDVD17 in this setting and view the brightness pattern, is it normal that i can only see the flashing from 20 onwards with TVs brightness set to 51? With brightness set to 55 i can see flashing form 18 onwards perhaps barely 17 but im loosing 0 mll for black. Is this the generally known black crush or is there another problem?

If i select (RGB/ full range 1-255) in the Nvidia control panel and of course set the TVs black level to high to match it, colors seem to be great in games and blacks seem to be black in PDVD17. Again blacks seem to be crushed a bit. In the AVS brightnes pattern i can only see flashing from 20 onwards again with brightnes of 51. Its again better with brightnes of 55 but again im loosing 0 mll black.

I am confused which is the right setting to watch movies with PDVD17 and if there is a software problem with PDVD17 or windows? I hope no hardware issues? I really hope someone can help me out. And also tell me if you had the same problems!? I put all my hopes in you guys!

Greetings from Germany! I hope my english is OK .
By the way, i know its of topic, how do i edit my post to clear some mistakes?
post #42 of 71 Old 06-18-2017, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I feel like things have been more confusing since I got my C6P
I left it at rgb and noticed the blacks were faded
Switched it to yb422 at 12bit and the blacks were much better.
I did notice that I can switch my resolution to 4096 x 2160 however I was getting black bars on the sides with stick of truth even though the resolution was set correctly in game.
post #43 of 71 Old 06-18-2017, 01:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 674 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
The 16-235 mode is meant for old CRT TV displays, there is no advantage to using it on modern displays. What 16-235 is doing is clipping the blacks and whites.

Quote:
In order to help you we need to know all your settings in the Nvidia control panel, try to format the settings in a easy to read manner.

Last edited by wuther; 06-18-2017 at 01:58 PM.
post #44 of 71 Old 06-30-2017, 05:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

GTX1080TI driver 382.05

any comments ?
im trying now for some time to get [email protected]/444 working with TVs HDR, ans it seems not possible due to physical restrictions, and its really confusing...at last i found someone with a similar setup, my setup
  • LG 55UH770V
  • GTX 1080
  • Windows 10 64 bit, Creators Update

am i right that the TVs HDR mode cannot me enabled manually? it only turns on automatically depending on the input?

...and it seems that it only turns on when i set in the nvidia cp 10bpc or 12bpc, so whenever i choose 8bpc, the TV turns of the HDR mode.

when set nvidia cp to 444/8bpc
  • the desktop and the game HITMAN looks good
  • windows 10 hdr mode is disabled (and cannot be enabled)
  • hdr mode in game is disabled (and cannot be enabled)
  • color gradients look very smooth
  • TV is not in HDR mode

...whats bothering me right now ist that i cannot set it to 444/10bpc or 12bpc, these options are not available,
  • so i turn to 422/10bpc:
  • windows 10 hdr is automatically enabled
  • windows desktop nvida cp window looks awful, white is greyish, over all image is darker
  • windows 10 native windows like "settings" look ok
  • the tv switches to HDR mode (notice in top right corner), but switches sometimes back and forth (toggeling)
  • i can turn on HDR mode in HITMAN, the TV stays stable in HDR mode
  • game seems darker than in 444/8bpc (new HDR game mode on TV)
  • color gradients are NOT smooth anymore (because of 422?)

so whats the current conclusion:
TVs HDR mode will be enabled only at 10bpc, which ist not possible with 444, but colors in 422/10bpc do not look as smooth as 444/8bps (no HDR)... and 444/10bpc ist not an option.

one line from rtings:
"To get 4k @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4, 'HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color' must be enabled in the 'General' menu." ...ok, that just tells me that DeepColor is not only neccessary for HDR

so, does someone get [email protected],444,10bpc wokring? on any TV? or is it really just impossible right now on every TV due to HDMI specs?
post #45 of 71 Old 06-30-2017, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
@kenny.fowler

when set nvidia cp to 444/8bpc
  • the desktop and the game HITMAN looks good
  • windows 10 hdr mode is disabled (and cannot be enabled)
  • hdr mode in game is disabled (and cannot be enabled)
  • color gradients look very smooth
  • TV is not in HDR mode
Since I own my LG OLED 65C7V for 1 month, I was also struggling with this. Tested a lot!
I am not in gaming, but have a HTPC using the very good Nvidia GTX 950 graphics card on Windows 10 64bit (latest insider preview build 16232) and the 8 core AMD 8150 FX processor.
Using my HTPC for watching Netflix video , Amazon video, Blu Ray and Digital Satellite TV.

It's correct YCbCr 444 8bit is the best looking for most SDR video/film sources. Those sources are normally always 8bit color depth
Indeed very good color gradients!.
Less posterization / color banding on low bitrate video sources.

YCbCr 444 10 bit is not possible through Nvidia / AMD because of HDMI 2.0a/2.0b bandwith limitations.
As from HDMI 2.1 in the next few years using a High speed HDMI cable with ethernet it will be possible.

YCbCr 422 10 bit/12 bit is the best you can go for HDR video sources at the moment I'm afraid.

Last edited by w8andc; 06-30-2017 at 11:53 AM.
post #46 of 71 Old 07-02-2017, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Screen Flicker Issue - LG B6 and GeForce GTX 1070

I have been experiencing this issue for a while and feel like I've tried everything. Let me start by saying that I have the latest LG software version (04.31.20), GeForce Drivers (384.76), Windows 10 64-bit updates but with HDR disabled in settings. I have the TV set to HDMI ULTRA HD Deep color on all inputs. I have tried a range of HDMI cables (all less than 10 ' with full HDR support) and I have connected both directly from the TV to the video card and/or through a receiver which fully supports HDR - all with no differences related to this issue.

The problems arises if I set the color format to anything higher than YCbCr420 8 bpc when the computer wakes from Standby. Upon wake, I get continuous screen flicker. While I can reboot and set the color to YCbCr to 422 and 12 bpc - without any flicker issue, once it wakes from Standby - it flickers like crazy again until I drop the settings to 420 and 8 bpc. Any ideas?
post #47 of 71 Old 07-06-2017, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainmanJM View Post
I have been experiencing this issue for a while and feel like I've tried everything. Let me start by saying that I have the latest LG software version (04.31.20), GeForce Drivers (384.76), Windows 10 64-bit updates but with HDR disabled in settings. I have the TV set to HDMI ULTRA HD Deep color on all inputs. I have tried a range of HDMI cables (all less than 10 ' with full HDR support) and I have connected both directly from the TV to the video card and/or through a receiver which fully supports HDR - all with no differences related to this issue.

The problems arises if I set the color format to anything higher than YCbCr420 8 bpc when the computer wakes from Standby. Upon wake, I get continuous screen flicker. While I can reboot and set the color to YCbCr to 422 and 12 bpc - without any flicker issue, once it wakes from Standby - it flickers like crazy again until I drop the settings to 420 and 8 bpc. Any ideas?
Test the display and your PC and by-pass the AVR (HDMI directly from/to PC and Display), and see if it wakes up correctly.
post #48 of 71 Old 07-06-2017, 04:51 PM

The problem with "wash-out" color when you enable HDR mode in the desktop is because the current Windows Creators Update is using the wrong ICC profile.

If you go to the Fast Ring the newer Windows have fixed that issue. If not, you will have to wait till Fall for the next "big" Windows Update.
post #49 of 71 Old 07-06-2017, 05:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2361 Post(s)
Liked: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotarydude View Post
The problem with "wash-out" color when you enable HDR mode in the desktop is because the current Windows Creators Update is using the wrong ICC profile.

If you go to the Fast Ring the newer Windows have fixed that issue. If not, you will have to wait till Fall for the next "big" Windows Update.

So in fast ring do hdr games woemrk with new Nvidia drivers??

DocACE911 on Steam, XBOX, PS4
"Kill Cancer or Die"
Custom Z9 Game Settings For SDR and HDR
Sony 75" Z9, Denon X4200, Definitive Technologies BP7002 + 9.1 ATMOS, PSV 18" sub
Loving Wife and 4 year old Son who tolerate this expense!
post #50 of 71 Old 07-09-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotarydude View Post

you know what build got it fixed ? where you have this info from ?
post #51 of 71 Old 07-12-2017, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Seriously frustrated trying to get HDR working for my windows 10 PC with 1080ti and ks8000.

I think the KS8000 isnt entering HDR mode, but I have no idea how to make sure. I've tried changing PC to pcgame, I've manually adjusted settings. I've enabled HDR in windows desktop settings and I've used nvidia control pannel to try 444 422 420 10b 8b RGB etc, I've tried downloading sample images and videos. I'm losing my mind. If I wanted to pay someone to teach me everything, where would I turn.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
post #52 of 71 Old 07-12-2017, 12:45 PM

There are plenty of discussion the HDR issues and fixes on the Geforce.com forums
post #53 of 71 Old 07-18-2017, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt323bd View Post
Seriously frustrated trying to get HDR working for my windows 10 PC with 1080ti and ks8000.

I think the KS8000 isnt entering HDR mode, but I have no idea how to make sure. I've tried changing PC to pcgame, I've manually adjusted settings. I've enabled HDR in windows desktop settings and I've used nvidia control pannel to try 444 422 420 10b 8b RGB etc, I've tried downloading sample images and videos. I'm losing my mind. If I wanted to pay someone to teach me everything, where would I turn.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I have the JS8500. If it's any the same, the quickest way to determine if HDR is enabled is by going into the menu. Just looking at the text is the first clue, HDR it will be bright bright white. The other way to tell is by going into the Picture Mode and checking the Backlight and Contrast. They should be full 20 Backlight and 100 Contrast.

If you have the nvidia card, just down the NVIDIA HDR SDK program and run it. When you launch the batch file the TV should go black then show a background of a mountain. It should look really bright, this will let you know the TV is in HDR mode.
jt323bd likes this.
post #54 of 71 Old 10-18-2017, 05:53 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
So Where do we Stand on this Now ? is a driver roll back still Needed ? 10bit , HDR RGB Full - 4k not possible ?

recomedations for 10bit playback in MPCHC ?
post #55 of 71 Old 10-18-2017, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Windows 10 fall creators update did not fix anything still dull greyish on desktop in HDR. Lets see if Nvidia releases a new driver to solve it from their end.
post #56 of 71 Old 10-19-2017, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 38
So I am still not sure what chroma is best for HDR with the way MS have implemented it, but what I can say is that the implementation is still backwards.

Instead of HDR enabled apps switching the TV into HDR mode, you still have to set the HDR switch to on in settings forcing everything to always be faux HDR mode. However, at least now if you full screen an SDR app or game it will switch the tv into SDR mode. Before, at least for me, it would stay in HDR and have all the colours go crazy like the contrast was whacked up to 100.

It's a complete mess, I canno fathom why MS woudn't just allow programs/apps to say "Hey i am HDR enabled" and then have the OS autoswitch into HDR.
mavang likes this.
post #57 of 71 Old 11-05-2017, 05:19 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 3
So when enabling 422 12 for HDR since YCbCr is always Limited Range should I set the TV Black Level to Low to match ? or High ? for HDR
post #58 of 71 Old 11-07-2017, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Im lost here. Havent been able to make HDR work on Battlefield 1 on my GTX 1060 and LG B6, the colors went crazy since i updated the game and drivers, and there are too many "solutions" arround.

So, do i need to roll back to Nvidia drivers 378.92?

Does it matter on which input my pc is connected or which label do i use for this input?

Do i need to change the use of default color setting to nvidia color settings?

Do i need to use ycbcr instead of RGB n Nvidia CP? 444?442? 10 bit? 12 bit?

Do i need o turn HDR on windows desktop before i go ingame?

LG B6, LG SJ8, H7, H4s & GTX 1060
post #59 of 71 Old 11-09-2017, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Im kinda starting ot hate PC Gaming...

Guess ill give xbox one x a try.

LG B6, LG SJ8, H7, H4s & GTX 1060
post #60 of 71 Old 11-20-2017, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Got LG OLED66B7V week ago, really pleased.
Also updated to 4.70.10

Now trying to get HDR10 and DolbyVision working under windows gaming.
Tried Mass Effect andromeda and Battlefield 1.
Specs: GTX1080 with LG OLED55B7V, Windows 10 Pro 1709, Nvidia driver 388.31.
Even tried 378.92. This was only driver i got HDR10 working in Mass effect with ycbcr422 12 bpc set in nvidia ctrlpanel and in desktop. But no Dolby Vision.(i know cause LG shows incoming signal being HDR10 or Dolby Vision)
HDR10 signal works on desktop but everything is dull.
Tried 1920x1080/60Hz, 3840x2160/30Hz/60Hz, 4096 × 2160/60hz
With nvidia control panel color settings RGB 8bit 0-255, 4.2.2 8/10/12 bit and so on.
Also tried turning windows HDR/Advanced color on/off.
Tried in HDMI Console and PC Icon mode(under LG input settings).
Using High Speed HDMI 2.0 cable.

Windows 10 Pro 1709; Intel® Core™ i5-6600K + Noctua NH-U9S; ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Advanced STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-GAMING 8GB GDDR5X; G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 2x8GB @ XMP 3200MHz 14-14-14-34-2N 1.35V F4-3200C14D-16GVK; ASUS Maximus VIII Impact Z170 ROG Mini-ITX; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB; SeaSonic X-series SS-750KM3 750W; Fractal Design Node-605 + Enermax TB Silence; Yamaha RX-V863; LG OLED55B7V; BenQ XL2411T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply High Dynamic Range (HDR) & Wide Color Gamut (WCG)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page