Official Redeeming 4K/UHD HDR Titles Thread - Redemption Only! - Page 44 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 687Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1291 of 1316 Old 09-15-2019, 04:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lujan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,200
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4777 Post(s)
Liked: 2809
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
Was the manual code for John Wick 3 fixed yet? I heard it was giving an incompatible flag even though the code slip says it should work.
As far as I'm aware the seller still needs to scan the code insert and take a video of the code in order to get the long code that works. If you are the one redeeming and have the slip it should work ok using the Lionsgate app.
aaronwt, Ph8te and galonzo like this.

lujan
581 Ultra HD
722 HD
4 SD
lujan is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1292 of 1316 Old 09-16-2019, 02:51 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 36,247
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9539 Post(s)
Liked: 6226
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_snow View Post
For you it’s a toss up. IIRC you have both ATV4K and Shield. Shield will get you 4K HDR and Atmos on Vudu, ATV4K gets you DoVi and Atmos on iTunes. So it depends on what’s more important, bitstream Atmos w/HDR or MAT 2 Atmos and DoVi.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It looks like Vudu also has it in DV. So I can get DV and Atmos from Vudu, if I use my TCL Vudu app.
But there is no way to get them on both services?
m_snow likes this.

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
post #1293 of 1316 Old 09-16-2019, 02:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
galonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: most usually, somewhere in the midwest...
Posts: 2,237
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1405 Post(s)
Liked: 1851
@aaronwt , If you can get the longer, 16-digit code while using the VIP app (by video or screen record), it's the code you would normally redeem directly in VUDU, then sometimes will still redeem at movieredeem.com where you can select iTunes (although, I believe this was the case for non-MA codes from one of the other studious, maybe Paramount? Not sure about Lionsgate).
aaronwt likes this.

Main: UN78HU9000/SEK-3500 | X4500H (5.1.4) | UDP-203 | TiVo Bolt | Shield | PS4 Pro
2nd: UN65JS9500 | LG LAS855M | UBD-K8500 | Chromecast Ultra | TiVo Mini | Roku P+
3rd: 65P-F1 | Klipsch HDT-SB3 | UBP-X700 | Tivo Roamio | AppleTV4K
FS - Hot Fuzz and other UHD Digital codes (and some HD codes)
galonzo is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1294 of 1316 Old 09-21-2019, 11:40 PM
Member
 
cnelson87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 115
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I just noticed that RED (2010) and Source Code (2011) have disappeared from my iTunes library and the iTunes Store. Some discussion about it over on blu-ray.com: RED (missing from iTunes) and iTunes Digital Movies Questions/Concerns Thread
cnelson87 is offline  
post #1295 of 1316 Old 09-22-2019, 06:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,898
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1900 Post(s)
Liked: 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelson87 View Post
I just noticed that RED (2010) and Source Code (2011) have disappeared from my iTunes library and the iTunes Store. Some discussion about it over on blu-ray.com: RED (missing from iTunes) and iTunes Digital Movies Questions/Concerns Thread

This kind of thing happens often. They always come back at some point.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ph8te likes this.

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 2-32GB 5th Gens | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Logitech Harmony Elite
m_snow is online now  
post #1296 of 1316 Old 09-27-2019, 08:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
puddy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,108
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1127 Post(s)
Liked: 2242
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
Ok, my John Wick 3 code story. TLDR, don't redeem at Google if you want 4k.

I bought it through Vudu's disc+digital, so I already had it in 4k there. When I got the disc, I didn't need to use the app, just the LionsgateVIP website. I saw there was an option for Google Play Movies. And since this isn't a MA title, I thought I'd redeem it there because I have a Google Family Share set up. And I checked to see that they have it in 4k HDR there. Unfortunately, it redeemed there in HD. I checked with Lionsgate support and they said to contact Google. Google said that the code is HD. And even if I get another code, Google can neither upgrade resolution nor delete the title to start over. So don't use Google for Lionsgate 4k codes. But silver lining, I was able to download the app and scan the code to get another redemption at iTunes in 4k DV.

Really, I just wish Lionsgate (and Paramount) would join Movies Anywhere already.
Addendum. Google just notified me that JW3 got "upgraded to 4k." Not sure if it's a universal thing or because I talked to customer support.
galonzo likes this.
puddy77 is offline  
post #1297 of 1316 Old 10-03-2019, 09:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bobbino421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,022
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1311 Post(s)
Liked: 827
Being that Spider-Man far from home is being released on fandango now as imax enhanced , does anyone know if you redeem with with MA or and you have FN linked does it redeem in IMAX?

Sony 55 A9F
Panasonic DP-UB820
Sony UBP-X700
Samsung HW-K950 Dolby Atmos sound bar
bobbino421 is online now  
post #1298 of 1316 Old 10-03-2019, 09:50 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,550
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6639 Post(s)
Liked: 6454
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbino421 View Post
Being that Spider-Man far from home is being released on fandango now as imax enhanced , does anyone know if you redeem with with MA or and you have FN linked does it redeem in IMAX?


I don’t think anyone will know this until the IE version goes live. They may treat it as a digital exclusive so it won’t transfer/import.
galonzo likes this.
Ph8te is online now  
post #1299 of 1316 Old 10-10-2019, 09:58 AM
Member
 
Buckeye Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 45
How do you know which iTunes bundles will transfer to Vudu through Movies Anywhere?
Buckeye Dave is offline  
post #1300 of 1316 Old 10-10-2019, 10:38 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,550
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6639 Post(s)
Liked: 6454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Dave View Post
How do you know which iTunes bundles will transfer to Vudu through Movies Anywhere?


Not sure what you’re asking. If they are MA they will transfer to MA and if Vudu has the movies they will populate there.
Buckeye Dave likes this.
Ph8te is online now  
post #1301 of 1316 Old 10-10-2019, 11:19 AM
Member
 
Buckeye Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Not sure what you’re asking. If they are MA they will transfer to MA and if Vudu has the movies they will populate there.
My apologies, I could have been more clear. I understand that for individual movies, if in MA, then the transfer happens. I was wondering if I purchased "bundles" if the transfer would still occur?


Hope that is more clear...
Buckeye Dave is offline  
post #1302 of 1316 Old 10-10-2019, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,550
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6639 Post(s)
Liked: 6454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Dave View Post
My apologies, I could have been more clear. I understand that for individual movies, if in MA, then the transfer happens. I was wondering if I purchased "bundles" if the transfer would still occur?


Hope that is more clear...


There is no difference for ITunes. If the movie in the bundle is MA it transfers to MA. Saying that, if you are trying to get 4K MA, then the only time that happens is when the bundle ends in something other than .99 (19.99 all movies transfer in HD, 19.98 any 4K movie would transfer in 4K).
Ph8te is online now  
post #1303 of 1316 Old 10-10-2019, 11:30 AM
Member
 
Buckeye Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
There is no difference for ITunes. If the movie in the bundle is MA it transfers to MA. Saying that, if you are trying to get 4K MA, then the only time that happens is when the bundle ends in something other than .99 (19.99 all movies transfer in HD, 19.98 any 4K movie would transfer in 4K).
Thank you, my friend!
Buckeye Dave is offline  
post #1304 of 1316 Old 12-03-2019, 06:26 AM
Advanced Member
 
Jim Kiler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: MN
Posts: 703
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Itunes owners, is it still the case that if you buy a UHD movie that is MA compatible on itunes it does not transfer in 4K to MA? I know it used to be but someone on Slickdeals says that changed and now if it is already 4K on iTunes it will port to MA as 4K. I just need to find a halfway decent movie to try it out since iTunes has all the $5 UHD deals but i don't have iTunes on my devices so if I can use it to watch MA titles on Vudu or Google Play i am game.

TV - Sony 65XBR-930e | Receiver - Yamaha RX-V577 | 4K player - Sony UBP-X700 | PS3 | Router - Asus RT-AC86U | SVS SB-2000 sub | Paradigm Monitor SE 6000F L/R | Paradigm Monitor SE 2000C center | Paradigm ADP-170 v.3 rears
Jim Kiler is offline  
post #1305 of 1316 Old 12-03-2019, 09:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Laserfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 4,090
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kiler View Post
Itunes owners, is it still the case that if you buy a UHD movie that is MA compatible on itunes it does not transfer in 4K to MA? I know it used to be but someone on Slickdeals says that changed and now if it is already 4K on iTunes it will port to MA as 4K. I just need to find a halfway decent movie to try it out since iTunes has all the $5 UHD deals but i don't have iTunes on my devices so if I can use it to watch MA titles on Vudu or Google Play i am game.
Dunno the answer to your question Jim but someone else here will I'm sure. FWIW I use CheapCharts app, not iTunes Store, to shop for movies and interestingly to me anyway it seems the iTunes Store does not show anywhere whether a movie is MA-compatible, which CheapCharts does. Example:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MA.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	2648820  
Laserfan is online now  
post #1306 of 1316 Old 12-03-2019, 06:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PlanetAVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin TX USA
Posts: 3,423
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2183 Post(s)
Liked: 2008
Check 4ksheet.com.

I believe that it has always transferred in 4K if available in 4K in MA, provided that you purchased or redeemed in 4K on Itunes. Where it won't transfer in 4K to MA is if you got the free 4K upgrade in Itunes (from a HD/SD code)
Laserfan, aaronwt and galonzo like this.
PlanetAVS is offline  
post #1307 of 1316 Old 12-04-2019, 08:45 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,550
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6639 Post(s)
Liked: 6454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kiler View Post
Itunes owners, is it still the case that if you buy a UHD movie that is MA compatible on itunes it does not transfer in 4K to MA? I know it used to be but someone on Slickdeals says that changed and now if it is already 4K on iTunes it will port to MA as 4K. I just need to find a halfway decent movie to try it out since iTunes has all the $5 UHD deals but i don't have iTunes on my devices so if I can use it to watch MA titles on Vudu or Google Play i am game.


A singular movie? If you buy it and don’t own it already it DOES transfer to MA in UHD and has for a long time.
The only time it doesn’t transfer is if it’s a part of a bundle that is priced at xx.99 OR you gift purchase the title.
Ph8te is online now  
post #1308 of 1316 Old 12-04-2019, 10:09 AM
Advanced Member
 
Jim Kiler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: MN
Posts: 703
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
A singular movie? If you buy it and don’t own it already it DOES transfer to MA in UHD and has for a long time.
The only time it doesn’t transfer is if it’s a part of a bundle that is priced at xx.99 OR you gift purchase the title.
So if I already own a movie in HD or SD it will not work transfer in UHD, interesting. And also bundles do not transfer in 4K, good to know. I do not own an apple TV but they always have the best UHD deals at $4.99 so i will start buying from those deals when the movies port to Vudu or Google Play in UHD. Err i keep forgetting i can use the MA app for my andriod TV as well.

thank you.

TV - Sony 65XBR-930e | Receiver - Yamaha RX-V577 | 4K player - Sony UBP-X700 | PS3 | Router - Asus RT-AC86U | SVS SB-2000 sub | Paradigm Monitor SE 6000F L/R | Paradigm Monitor SE 2000C center | Paradigm ADP-170 v.3 rears
Jim Kiler is offline  
post #1309 of 1316 Old 12-04-2019, 10:46 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,550
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6639 Post(s)
Liked: 6454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kiler View Post
So if I already own a movie in HD or SD it will not work transfer in UHD, interesting. And also bundles do not transfer in 4K, good to know. I do not own an apple TV but they always have the best UHD deals at $4.99 so i will start buying from those deals when the movies port to Vudu or Google Play in UHD. Err i keep forgetting i can use the MA app for my andriod TV as well.



thank you.


You can “overwrite” a currently owned title by redeeming a 4K code in ITunes or buying the 4K version on Vudu. Note for bundles: I was specific if the bundle ends in .99 titles do NOT transfer, if the bundle ends in anything other than .99 (for instance .98) then the titles DO transfer.
aaronwt and Felix_ro like this.
Ph8te is online now  
post #1310 of 1316 Old 12-04-2019, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,898
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1900 Post(s)
Liked: 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kiler View Post
So if I already own a movie in HD or SD it will not work transfer in UHD, interesting. And also bundles do not transfer in 4K, good to know. I do not own an apple TV but they always have the best UHD deals at $4.99 so i will start buying from those deals when the movies port to Vudu or Google Play in UHD. Err i keep forgetting i can use the MA app for my andriod TV as well.



thank you.


You can wait to purchase, as you suggest, until after they port or have a 4K MA record (I do that sometimes too) BUT you will likely pay a few dollars more for that privilege.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 2-32GB 5th Gens | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Logitech Harmony Elite
m_snow is online now  
post #1311 of 1316 Old 12-04-2019, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
Jim Kiler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: MN
Posts: 703
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
You can “overwrite” a currently owned title by redeeming a 4K code in ITunes or buying the 4K version on Vudu. Note for bundles: I was specific if the bundle ends in .99 titles do NOT transfer, if the bundle ends in anything other than .99 (for instance .98) then the titles DO transfer.
That is weird that the .99 bundles do not port. I would love to learn the reason why.

TV - Sony 65XBR-930e | Receiver - Yamaha RX-V577 | 4K player - Sony UBP-X700 | PS3 | Router - Asus RT-AC86U | SVS SB-2000 sub | Paradigm Monitor SE 6000F L/R | Paradigm Monitor SE 2000C center | Paradigm ADP-170 v.3 rears
Jim Kiler is offline  
post #1312 of 1316 Old 12-04-2019, 03:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,898
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1900 Post(s)
Liked: 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kiler View Post
That is weird that the .99 bundles do not port. I would love to learn the reason why.


The individual movies in the bundle do port if they are MA, they just port HD rather than 4K.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
aaronwt, Ph8te and galonzo like this.

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 2-32GB 5th Gens | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Logitech Harmony Elite
m_snow is online now  
post #1313 of 1316 Old 12-08-2019, 11:21 PM
Member
 
Darren Chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Question about Blu Ray codes

The blu-rays I recently purchased include a digital copy. How do you know if it's in 4K or HD? Is it just based on the physical disc that was purchased? I plan on selling off the codes so I don't want to enter the codes to find out what happens.

PS: sorry if this is the wrong room to post...the classifieds isn't really for chatting and this was the most appropriate place I could see.

Marantz SR7013, Polk Signature S60s/S30/S15s/HTS12s, Polk MC80 (x4), AC Infinity T9/S9, AAB4 HTPC,...still to come - Panasonic DP-UB820K, 82" 4K QLED or eqv.
Darren Chan is online now  
post #1314 of 1316 Old 12-09-2019, 02:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
glangford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,294
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 743 Post(s)
Liked: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Chan View Post
The blu-rays I recently purchased include a digital copy. How do you know if it's in 4K or HD? Is it just based on the physical disc that was purchased? I plan on selling off the codes so I don't want to enter the codes to find out what happens.

PS: sorry if this is the wrong room to post...the classifieds isn't really for chatting and this was the most appropriate place I could see.
If its blu ray only the digital copy is probably 1080p, if 4k blu ray mine are usually 4k digital copies.

Supercharged Song Towers, Oppo BDP-203, Anthem MRX-520, LG B6 OLED
Headphone Rig: Oppo BDP-95, Burson Audio Soloist MKII Headphone amp/ Sennheiser HD800S, Sennheiser HD650
glangford is online now  
post #1315 of 1316 Old 12-09-2019, 02:42 AM
Member
 
Darren Chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by glangford View Post
If its blu ray only the digital copy is probably 1080p, if 4k blu ray mine are usually 4k digital copies.
Thanks @glangford ! 👍

Marantz SR7013, Polk Signature S60s/S30/S15s/HTS12s, Polk MC80 (x4), AC Infinity T9/S9, AAB4 HTPC,...still to come - Panasonic DP-UB820K, 82" 4K QLED or eqv.
Darren Chan is online now  
post #1316 of 1316 Old 12-09-2019, 08:54 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,550
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6639 Post(s)
Liked: 6454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Chan View Post
Thanks @glangford ! 👍


If they are MA codes, sign out of MA and enter the code, it tell you then and won’t redeem unless you’re logged in. @glangford is correct however that most regular blu-rays only redeem in HD. If it can be redeemed in ITunes directly AND there is a 4K version available then there is a possibility that it will redeem in 4K, but always better to er on the side of caution.
galonzo likes this.
Ph8te is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply High Dynamic Range (HDR) & Wide Color Gamut (WCG)

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off