Dolby Vision Coming to Sony TVs in January - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 45Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 77 Old 12-24-2017, 07:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 316
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNestico View Post
Maybe now Sony can add DV to their players too.
Unfortunately the X800 won't be getting it. Sony's AVR DN1080 got the DV upgrade a little while ago.
Canuck Sonido is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 77 Old 12-24-2017, 08:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gillietalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,284
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked: 1667
Have there been any reports of what kind of rollout it will be? Will it be for both external devices (hdmi) and/or just the onboard apps?

Samsung 82Q800T, LG 77C8, Sony 75x940E, LG 65B7, LG 65EF9500, TCL 65 8 Series, LG 55E6, 2 TCL 49S515's
2 Apple 4K TVs, Nvidia Shield, 2 LG UP970's, 2 Samsung UBD-K8500s

WD 16TB NAS, WD 8TB NAS
Gillietalls is offline  
post #33 of 77 Old 12-24-2017, 12:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Egan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Bethlehem PA
Posts: 2,018
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls View Post
Have there been any reports of what kind of rollout it will be? Will it be for both external devices (hdmi) and/or just the onboard apps?
Why wouldn't it support both? Are there TV's out there that just have DV support for one or the other?
Egan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 77 Old 12-24-2017, 04:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,004
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1977 Post(s)
Liked: 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls View Post
Have there been any reports of what kind of rollout it will be? Will it be for both external devices (hdmi) and/or just the onboard apps?
Dolby Vision is backwards compatible HDMI 1.4, so, HDMI support is a given.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
DisplayCalNoob is online now  
post #35 of 77 Old 12-24-2017, 07:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
fatuglyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: southern CA
Posts: 2,440
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked: 1238
Nice that Sony is making good on their promise. but I guess after seeing both formats on an LG it's hard for me to really care so much that I'll actively seek out DV stuff, since HDR10 looks amazingly good on the A1E.

Doubt my X1000ES will support DV ever, and I'm no rush to replace it since I just got it. Thankfully my AVR (ZA5000ES) got the update last month so I won't need to replace it any time soon.

film Sony 65A1E|Sonus faber Liuto, Smart Center, Venere Wall|B&W DB4S|Sony ZA5000ES|UDP 205|UB820
2ch Sonus faber Toy|REL S/5|Sony TA-A1ES|Wadia 321|Sony SCD-777ES|Sony PS-HX500 + Schiit Mani|AQ Niagara 5000
desk Sonus faber Toy monitor|REL T-Zero|Rega Brio|AQ Dragonfly Cobalt/Victoria|Mac mini|AQ PowerQuest 3
living Sony 55X930E|Monitor Audio Silver RX1|Marantz NR1508|Panasonic UB900
fatuglyguy is offline  
post #36 of 77 Old 12-25-2017, 01:03 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: California
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Can Dolby Vision be decoded via external source? For example, would it be possible for Netflix to hypothetically enable Dolby Vision for their PS4 Pro app that would translate to a DV image on my HDR10 set x900e?

Having changed from Vizio P-E1 to Sony x900e, I miss having DV (just ever so slightly).
cinnabun is offline  
post #37 of 77 Old 12-25-2017, 01:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
puddy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,370
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1258 Post(s)
Liked: 2764
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnabun View Post
Can Dolby Vision be decoded via external source? For example, would it be possible for Netflix to hypothetically enable Dolby Vision for their PS4 Pro app that would translate to a DV image on my HDR10 set x900e?

Having changed from Vizio P-E1 to Sony x900e, I miss having DV (just ever so slightly).
No, it's not possible.
Ph8te likes this.
puddy77 is offline  
post #38 of 77 Old 12-28-2017, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,251
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
I’m really exited to see how much better my TV can be with DV. Have some movies already , Oppo 203 is ready for DV so now last thing to puzzles to be completed 👍.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3
retro124 is offline  
post #39 of 77 Old 12-29-2017, 11:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Soccerdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: South of NJ Turnpike
Posts: 1,349
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Is this for the Sony VW285ES too?..

HT: JVC RS2000, S Studio Tek 130 1.3 Gain screen, , Panasonic UB820. Denon X6500. Def Tech X9080 series . BR: OnkyoTX696 , LG OLED 65 8 series , Def tech 9020 5.2 .
Soccerdude is offline  
post #40 of 77 Old 01-06-2018, 03:35 AM
Absolute Ultimate AV
 
ARROW-AV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4,941
Mentioned: 294 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4495 Post(s)
Liked: 7469
Quote:
Originally Posted by the7mcs View Post
Mean while over at Samsung HQ.................... *chirp chirp*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfocussvt View Post
"We have QLED edge-lit TVs ..."
Not quite

SAMSUNG will be retaliating a lot sooner than you think with emissive MicroLED TVs including display sizes ranging 100" - 150" and with HDR10+

This has in fact been in the pipeline and hence we had predicted this to be happening a while ago now.

Therefore, don't expect little to no progress from the SAMSUNG camp, but in fact the precise opposite, and like I said, a lot sooner than you think


Last edited by ARROW-AV; 01-06-2018 at 03:45 AM.
ARROW-AV is online now  
post #41 of 77 Old 01-06-2018, 06:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
the7mcs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 793
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARROW-AV View Post
Not quite

SAMSUNG will be retaliating a lot sooner than you think with emissive MicroLED TVs including display sizes ranging 100" - 150" and with HDR10+

This has in fact been in the pipeline and hence we had predicted this to be happening a while ago now.

Therefore, don't expect little to no progress from the SAMSUNG camp, but in fact the precise opposite, and like I said, a lot sooner than you think

That's all good, fine and dandy but how does any of that help my KS8000 do the HDR10+ through HDMI

ARROW-AV likes this.
the7mcs is offline  
post #42 of 77 Old 01-06-2018, 07:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gillietalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,284
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked: 1667
Quote:
Originally Posted by the7mcs View Post
That's all good, fine and dandy but how does any of that help my KS8000 do the HDR10+ through HDMI

Not only that, how much are these micro-led TVs going to be?
ARROW-AV likes this.

Samsung 82Q800T, LG 77C8, Sony 75x940E, LG 65B7, LG 65EF9500, TCL 65 8 Series, LG 55E6, 2 TCL 49S515's
2 Apple 4K TVs, Nvidia Shield, 2 LG UP970's, 2 Samsung UBD-K8500s

WD 16TB NAS, WD 8TB NAS
Gillietalls is offline  
post #43 of 77 Old 01-07-2018, 12:08 PM
rlb
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rlb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: OH
Posts: 6,264
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2290 Post(s)
Liked: 1936
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARROW-AV View Post
Not quite

SAMSUNG will be retaliating a lot sooner than you think with emissive MicroLED TVs including display sizes ranging 100" - 150" and with HDR10+

This has in fact been in the pipeline and hence we had predicted this to be happening a while ago now.

Therefore, don't expect little to no progress from the SAMSUNG camp, but in fact the precise opposite, and like I said, a lot sooner than you think

I don't care what they offer. They "lied" about keeping my JS9500 current by evolving with new SEKs. I'll never buy another Samsung!
bluemoon737 likes this.

Sony XBR75Z9D, Samsung 65F9000 , Yamaha CX-A5200 & Outlaw 770, Harmony Elite
Samsung K8500, OPPO 103-D, Genie 2 and C61Ks, Roku Ultra, ATV4K, FireTV Stick 4K, and Nvidia Shield TV Pro
rlb is offline  
post #44 of 77 Old 01-07-2018, 11:21 PM
Absolute Ultimate AV
 
ARROW-AV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4,941
Mentioned: 294 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4495 Post(s)
Liked: 7469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls View Post
Not only that, how much are these micro-led TVs going to be?
Given it's new, next generation, superior technology, almost certainly the first consumer products will be flagship and hence very expensive. Also, because it's SAMSUNG there won't be Dolby Vision but only HDR 10 Plus.

That said, we can expect SONY similarly to release their own MicroLED technology TVs in retaliation, which unlike SAMSUNG's would be sporting DOLBY VISION instead of HDR 10 PLUS. SONY has already showcased MicroLED TV prototypes previously and SONY has in fact already released the technology into the professional industry, as seamless modular video display panels, named CLEDIS. But like I said because it's new it's very expensive.

But whilst SONY was first to market in the professional industry, it looks like SAMSUNG will be first to market in the consumer industry, with respect to MicroLED technology based TVs.

It's worth pointing out that like OLED, MicroLED will drive the top-end of the market. And like OLED it will be a while until the technology trickles down to more affordable models of TVs.

MicroLED technology is game-changing. It's potentially better than OLED.

Either way, to imply that nothing is happening in the SAMSUNG camp by posting pictures of crickets is factually inaccurate. There's something very big happening, namely releasing MicroLED technology based TVs. Personally, for a variety of reasons, I am not a huge fan of the brand, but there we are. Just posting the facts.

Even if you are not a SAMSUNG fan, if you have the opportunity I do recommend checking out the 150" TV SAMSUNG will be demoing just to see what the MicroLED technology performs like, including as compared with CLEDIS for those who have already seen that, which stole the show last year at CES 2017.

Personally, I hope that SONY launch their own MicroLED TVs soon, because having SONY and SAMSUNG competing for MicroLED TV market share will inevitably drive the prices downwards and the technology forwards, which is good for consumers and will speed the process by which and the time that it takes before more affordable MicroLED TVs become available for purchase.

So, very exciting times as far as consumer TVs are concerned!

Gillietalls likes this.

Last edited by ARROW-AV; 01-07-2018 at 11:25 PM.
ARROW-AV is online now  
post #45 of 77 Old 01-08-2018, 03:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gillietalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,284
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked: 1667
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARROW-AV View Post
Given it's new, next generation, superior technology, almost certainly the first consumer products will be flagship and hence very expensive. Also, because it's SAMSUNG there won't be Dolby Vision but only HDR 10 Plus.

That said, we can expect SONY similarly to release their own MicroLED technology TVs in retaliation, which unlike SAMSUNG's would be sporting DOLBY VISION instead of HDR 10 PLUS. SONY has already showcased MicroLED TV prototypes previously and SONY has in fact already released the technology into the professional industry, as seamless modular video display panels, named CLEDIS. But like I said because it's new it's very expensive.

But whilst SONY was first to market in the professional industry, it looks like SAMSUNG will be first to market in the consumer industry, with respect to MicroLED technology based TVs.

It's worth pointing out that like OLED, MicroLED will drive the top-end of the market. And like OLED it will be a while until the technology trickles down to more affordable models of TVs.

MicroLED technology is game-changing. It's potentially better than OLED.

Either way, to imply that nothing is happening in the SAMSUNG camp by posting pictures of crickets is factually inaccurate. There's something very big happening, namely releasing MicroLED technology based TVs. Personally, for a variety of reasons, I am not a huge fan of the brand, but there we are. Just posting the facts.

Even if you are not a SAMSUNG fan, if you have the opportunity I do recommend checking out the 150" TV SAMSUNG will be demoing just to see what the MicroLED technology performs like, including as compared with CLEDIS for those who have already seen that, which stole the show last year at CES 2017.

Personally, I hope that SONY launch their own MicroLED TVs soon, because having SONY and SAMSUNG competing for MicroLED TV market share will inevitably drive the prices downwards and the technology forwards, which is good for consumers and will speed the process by which and the time that it takes before more affordable MicroLED TVs become available for purchase.

So, very exciting times as far as consumer TVs are concerned!


Yeah I don't mind Samsung being tight lipped about what they're doing. And I'm not brand loyal at all. I'm an emissive fanboy. I loved plasma, love OLED, and can't wait to see what these micro-led's can do.
ARROW-AV and Archibald1 like this.

Samsung 82Q800T, LG 77C8, Sony 75x940E, LG 65B7, LG 65EF9500, TCL 65 8 Series, LG 55E6, 2 TCL 49S515's
2 Apple 4K TVs, Nvidia Shield, 2 LG UP970's, 2 Samsung UBD-K8500s

WD 16TB NAS, WD 8TB NAS
Gillietalls is offline  
post #46 of 77 Old 01-14-2018, 12:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JimShaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,377
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post
I don't care what they offer. They "lied" about keeping my JS9500 current by evolving with new SEKs. I'll never buy another Samsung!
That is why I now have a Sony Z9D vs a Samsung

8.3 Surround, protected by APC H15
Speakers: SpeakerCraft: 8 AIM8 Fives & 2 TIME Fives used as Wides
Woofers: SVS PB13-Ultra (1), HSU MBM-12 MK2 (2)
Sony XBR-75Z9D,. LG OLED55E6P
Oppo UHD-203 player, Denon X7200WA, Harmony 1100, Harmony Elite, 9 Noctua cooling fans
JimShaw is offline  
post #47 of 77 Old 01-16-2018, 05:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gillietalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,284
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked: 1667
Looks like the update is out. However, not all the apps are working at this time. VUDU and Amazon are not playing in DV and nobody has confirmed if 4K blu's are working yet. Initial responses have only been for Netflix so far.

Samsung 82Q800T, LG 77C8, Sony 75x940E, LG 65B7, LG 65EF9500, TCL 65 8 Series, LG 55E6, 2 TCL 49S515's
2 Apple 4K TVs, Nvidia Shield, 2 LG UP970's, 2 Samsung UBD-K8500s

WD 16TB NAS, WD 8TB NAS
Gillietalls is offline  
post #48 of 77 Old 01-16-2018, 06:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,004
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1977 Post(s)
Liked: 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls View Post
Looks like the update is out. However, not all the apps are working at this time. VUDU and Amazon are not playing in DV and nobody has confirmed if 4K blu's are working yet. Initial responses have only been for Netflix so far.
4K Blu-ray should be a given, it won't be long before there are reviews.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
DisplayCalNoob is online now  
post #49 of 77 Old 01-16-2018, 06:49 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
How do you know if the firmware update is avail. I have not received any notice on my set. . maybe they are doing a phased rollout?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls View Post
Looks like the update is out. However, not all the apps are working at this time. VUDU and Amazon are not playing in DV and nobody has confirmed if 4K blu's are working yet. Initial responses have only been for Netflix so far.
Sean Saigon is offline  
post #50 of 77 Old 01-16-2018, 07:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
If your TV did not recognize the firmware update through automatic software update, here are the instructions to update your firmware manually.

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-d...os_group_id=18
Sean Saigon is offline  
post #51 of 77 Old 01-16-2018, 09:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gillietalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,284
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked: 1667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egan View Post
Why wouldn't it support both? Are there TV's out there that just have DV support for one or the other?
This is exactly why I asked the question I asked....

Samsung 82Q800T, LG 77C8, Sony 75x940E, LG 65B7, LG 65EF9500, TCL 65 8 Series, LG 55E6, 2 TCL 49S515's
2 Apple 4K TVs, Nvidia Shield, 2 LG UP970's, 2 Samsung UBD-K8500s

WD 16TB NAS, WD 8TB NAS
Gillietalls is offline  
post #52 of 77 Old 01-16-2018, 09:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bluemoon737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Posts: 3,731
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2210 Post(s)
Liked: 2710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls View Post
Looks like the update is out. However, not all the apps are working at this time. VUDU and Amazon are not playing in DV and nobody has confirmed if 4K blu's are working yet. Initial responses have only been for Netflix so far.
Looks like Amazon is working as well (at least on the A1E). Maybe the firmware update is "slowly" working it's way through and turning on DV one source at a time.
Gillietalls likes this.

-Jeff-
Man cave: Sony XBR75Z9D, Marantz SR8012, and OPPO UDP-203
Living room: Sony XBR75X950G, Denon x4500, and Sony UBP-X800M2
bluemoon737 is offline  
post #53 of 77 Old 01-16-2018, 10:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gillietalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,284
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked: 1667
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon737 View Post
Looks like Amazon is working as well (at least on the A1E). Maybe the firmware update is "slowly" working it's way through and turning on DV one source at a time.
I can't remember the last time I used Amazon. Besides Bosch season 2, is there any other content on Amazon that's in DV?

Samsung 82Q800T, LG 77C8, Sony 75x940E, LG 65B7, LG 65EF9500, TCL 65 8 Series, LG 55E6, 2 TCL 49S515's
2 Apple 4K TVs, Nvidia Shield, 2 LG UP970's, 2 Samsung UBD-K8500s

WD 16TB NAS, WD 8TB NAS
Gillietalls is offline  
post #54 of 77 Old 01-16-2018, 10:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bluemoon737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Posts: 3,731
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2210 Post(s)
Liked: 2710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls View Post
I can't remember the last time I used Amazon. Besides Bosch season 2, is there any other content on Amazon that's in DV?
No idea actually I rarely stream anything!

-Jeff-
Man cave: Sony XBR75Z9D, Marantz SR8012, and OPPO UDP-203
Living room: Sony XBR75X950G, Denon x4500, and Sony UBP-X800M2
bluemoon737 is offline  
post #55 of 77 Old 01-16-2018, 11:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drewTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Posts: 5,054
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2406 Post(s)
Liked: 2736
So it doesn't work over HDMI?
drewTT is offline  
post #56 of 77 Old 01-16-2018, 05:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
Morac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 975
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
So it doesn't work over HDMI?
I’ve not seen any reports of it working over HDMI. I’ve seen a lot of reports that it is not. At least not with Apple TV 4K’s.
Morac is online now  
post #57 of 77 Old 01-16-2018, 06:07 PM
Senior Member
 
StayingSalty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth v1.1, awaiting v2.0
Posts: 256
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Thumbs up Disc info

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=14601735&postcount=161
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertZohn View Post
After you update any Sony X1 Extreme equipped TV you will need to power the TV off and on and then go to the "settings" menu and reenable the "Enhanced" HDMI feature. This should get DV streaming to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertZohn View Post

Regarding DV not working over HDMI or USB here's what I know and have found out.

First, I want everyone to know that I personally watched DV play on Sony's Z9D and A1E at CES with Sony's new UBP-X700 UHD Blu-ray player player and Sony's USB content. I have the USB DV stick coming to me latert his week and I'll play it in my showroom on all X1 Extreme equipped TVs.

Second, as everyone know DV works beautifully on streaming content.

Third, from what I can determine the issue is that Sony developed the DV upgrade to Dolby's latest profile and we need OPPO and Apple to update their devices. This is my best early evaluation. I'm waiting for verification and will keepeveryone updated as I learn more.

Here'sone of Dolby's technical .pdfs that explains their profile levels.

"Death, where is thy sting"

Gelda “Know what is hidden…the dragon”

Alita “I know who my enemy is”
StayingSalty is offline  
post #58 of 77 Old 01-16-2018, 11:20 PM
Senior Member
 
StayingSalty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth v1.1, awaiting v2.0
Posts: 256
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Looks like it’s up to Sony to fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
Any DV over HDMI issues are strictly Sony centric, at least enjoy the fact that you can watch DV content from some streaming apps at this time. Neither Oppo/Apple are having issues causing DV playback issues on DV capable Sony models.


"Death, where is thy sting"

Gelda “Know what is hidden…the dragon”

Alita “I know who my enemy is”
StayingSalty is offline  
post #59 of 77 Old 01-17-2018, 04:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
Morac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 975
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Dolby Vision Coming to Sony TVs in January

Sony has removed the mention of Dolby Vision from the recent update’s release notes. The listed version was also changed to PKG6.2818.0075NA, though the software itself hasn’t changed.

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-d...os_group_id=18

Last edited by Morac; 01-17-2018 at 05:25 AM.
Morac is online now  
post #60 of 77 Old 01-17-2018, 05:14 AM
Member
 
Mike Johnson 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Netflix is the only Dolby Vision that seems to be working on my TV.
Mike Johnson 3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply High Dynamic Range (HDR) & Wide Color Gamut (WCG)

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off