Dolby Access app and Dolby Vision Demo Files - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 26Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 88 Old 05-01-2019, 08:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
zeonstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 790
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardsim7 View Post
Appreciate it but that isn't the one they took away. The one I was referring to runs about 4 minutes. It's actually the same one I see on the TV in stores. It's the one where they "switch on and off" dolby vision/atmos during the video. Includes scenes of a canyon with some bikers and fish in a coral reef among other things.
richardsim7 likes this.
zeonstar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 88 Old 05-28-2019, 02:07 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey guys im looking for 2160p Dolby Core universe video. Cant find anywhere on internet. Maybe someone of you have it? Best what i can find is 1080p.
kepalas is offline  
post #33 of 88 Old 05-28-2019, 02:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
richardsim7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,208
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1432 Post(s)
Liked: 1864
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepalas View Post
Hey guys im looking for 2160p Dolby Core universe video. Cant find anywhere on internet. Maybe someone of you have it? Best what i can find is 1080p.

Where'd you find the 1080p one?
richardsim7 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 88 Old 05-28-2019, 02:19 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
hXXps://developer.dolby.com/tools-media/sample-media/video-streams/hd-video-streams/ I cant post links because im new user Its called universe fury, starts looks the same but i dont know if its the same video.
kepalas is offline  
post #35 of 88 Old 05-28-2019, 02:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
richardsim7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,208
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1432 Post(s)
Liked: 1864
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepalas View Post
hXXps://developer.dolby.com/tools-media/sample-media/video-streams/hd-video-streams/ I cant post links because im new user Its called universe fury, starts looks the same but i dont know if its the same video.

Yeah that might be "Nature's Fury" which is on TheDigitalTheater but not sure if they're different (and Dolby just renamed it for the UHD BD release)
richardsim7 is offline  
post #36 of 88 Old 05-28-2019, 02:26 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So im looking for 2160p quality but looks like no one uploaded it... I saw some people selling bluray disc on ebay so i was thinking maybe someone in this forum already have one.
kepalas is offline  
post #37 of 88 Old 05-28-2019, 02:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
zeonstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 790
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Nature's Fury is derived from "Core Universe" but they are not the same. (Core Universe is longer). Until recently on the Dolby Access app, there was a video called "See Hear Spectacular" that showed off the black levels on OLEDs in addition to Dolby Atmos. It was by far my favorite demo and they removed it during the December update to the app for some inexplicable reason.

It was basically the same as "Core Universe" and I have been looking for it myself for months. The only way I know to really get it is on the 2018 UHD Dolby Demo disc which is not sold but given to demonstrators. It occasionally pops up on ebay. I've been tempted to get it a few times.
zeonstar is offline  
post #38 of 88 Old 05-28-2019, 02:59 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonstar View Post
Nature's Fury is derived from "Core Universe" but they are not the same. (Core Universe is longer). Until recently on the Dolby Access app, there was a video called "See Hear Spectacular" that showed off the black levels on OLEDs in addition to Dolby Atmos. It was by far my favorite demo and they removed it during the December update to the app for some inexplicable reason.

It was basically the same as "Core Universe" and I have been looking for it myself for months. The only way I know to really get it is on the 2018 UHD Dolby Demo disc which is not sold but given to demonstrators. It occasionally pops up on ebay. I've been tempted to get it a few times.
it was 2160p?
kepalas is offline  
post #39 of 88 Old 05-28-2019, 03:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
zeonstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 790
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepalas View Post
it was 2160p?
Well on Dolby Access I am not sure. It was basically a re-branded version of Core Universe for LG TVs used to show off Dolby Vision and Atmos. It may of been 2160, but it was streaming of course.

The Core Universe on the 2018 Dolby Demo disc is their first UHD 4K demo disc so it is definitely 4K on that one. But again, getting ahold of it is the problem.
zeonstar is offline  
post #40 of 88 Old 05-29-2019, 01:18 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I upscaled video (its not real 4k i dont have real video in 4k) and uploaded in youtube with HDR supported format. You can check if you want
Watch only HDR supported device because if you watching on normal youtube its looks too dark. Atleast on my budget hdr supported TV looks nice. And of course youtube compress sound and video quality but it still looks nice. If links not allowed i can delete this post.
kepalas is offline  
post #41 of 88 Old 05-29-2019, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
zeonstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 790
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepalas View Post
I upscaled video (its not real 4k i dont have real video in 4k) and uploaded in youtube with HDR supported format. You can check if you want https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J7xlDH4QkA Watch only HDR supported device because if you watching on normal youtube its looks too dark. Atleast on my budget hdr supported TV looks nice. And of course youtube compress sound and video quality but it still looks nice. If links not allowed i can delete this post.
Thank you. Does that clip support Atmos? I dont think YouTube can but maybe you found a way.

Is there a way you can put the file somewhere we can download it?

where did you find that by the way?
zeonstar is offline  
post #42 of 88 Old 05-29-2019, 04:02 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonstar View Post
Thank you. Does that clip support Atmos? I dont think YouTube can but maybe you found a way.

Is there a way you can put the file somewhere we can download it?

where did you find that by the way?
I will upload it in several days, its still needs some tweaks. I dont think youtube supports atmos but i will try few different settings and will check how its sounds. Its hard to find right settings for youtube because every time when you uploading video, youtube doing some stuff on your video/audio settings so i will try to find best settings and let you know. But i think i can get better quality for video and sound. But its still not true 4k from bluray demos... But anyway i will upload it in several days.
kepalas is offline  
post #43 of 88 Old 05-29-2019, 04:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
zeonstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 790
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepalas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonstar View Post
Thank you. Does that clip support Atmos? I dont think YouTube can but maybe you found a way.

Is there a way you can put the file somewhere we can download it?

where did you find that by the way?
I will upload it in several days, its still needs some tweaks. I dont think youtube supports atmos but i will try few different settings and will check how its sounds. Its hard to find right settings for youtube because every time when you uploading video, youtube doing some stuff on your video/audio settings so i will try to find best settings and let you know. But i think i can get better quality for video and sound. But its still not true 4k from bluray demos... But anyway i will upload it in several days.
Thanks. Yeah I don’t think YouTube does Atmos. In fact I’m sure it doesn’t.

Did you get the original video from Dolby? That’s the only way I know that video exists. (On thier YouTube channel.) it’s about as close to Core Universe as we can get I guess. But here it is rebranded for Dolby Cinema. I wonder what the very first use of that video actually was.
zeonstar is offline  
post #44 of 88 Old 06-06-2019, 10:50 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Hey guys, first post here!

Finally found the Demo, will post it on Google Drive later.
richardsim7 likes this.
Johann Viebrock is offline  
post #45 of 88 Old 06-06-2019, 10:59 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Johann Viebrock is offline  
post #46 of 88 Old 06-06-2019, 11:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
richardsim7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,208
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1432 Post(s)
Liked: 1864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johann Viebrock View Post

I love you
richardsim7 is offline  
post #47 of 88 Old 06-06-2019, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member
 
zeonstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 790
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 141
What video is it? I can’t watch it yet.
zeonstar is offline  
post #48 of 88 Old 06-06-2019, 11:13 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonstar View Post
What video is it? I can’t watch it yet.

The Dolby See Hear Spectacular/ Core Universe one

Finally found it on an Chinese Torrent Website after months of searching
Johann Viebrock is offline  
post #49 of 88 Old 06-06-2019, 11:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
richardsim7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,208
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1432 Post(s)
Liked: 1864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johann Viebrock View Post
The Dolby See Hear Spectacular/ Core Universe one

Finally found it on an Chinese Torrent Website after months of searching

How old was the torrent? Just so we can kick ourselves for not looking harder
richardsim7 is offline  
post #50 of 88 Old 06-06-2019, 12:37 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardsim7 View Post
How old was the torrent? Just so we can kick ourselves for not looking harder
Not very old, I think it was posted on 16th May.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk
richardsim7 likes this.
Johann Viebrock is offline  
post #51 of 88 Old 06-06-2019, 04:16 PM
Advanced Member
 
zeonstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 790
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johann Viebrock View Post
First off, thank you for finding them. I gotta hand it to you, nice work. I, and I assume many others on this thread, have looked for it many times with just no luck. But here it is!

I'm happy it was found for everyone to enjoy finally but I personally have mixed feelings on this.

Let me explain.

I recently purchased the 2018 Dolby Atmos UHD Demo disc off eBay and if I am being honest...it was largely for this video. And here it is...for free. Hahaha. I'm sure it wont surprise any of you to know the disc wasn't cheap. I haven't even gotten it yet, it's being shipped to me. But now that I have this file finally, I don't even know if I will want to keep the disc. Sure it'd be nice to have Dolby's only UHD demo disc....but still. $$$$!

It's being shipped to me from the UK so I suppose it's good it's going to take awhile to get to me to give me time to think about things and if I want to keep the disc or just re-sell it.

EDIT. Looks like the file isn't in Dolby Vision which is too bad. It's still great though, and at least it's in Dolby Atmos. Seems to be Dolby TrueHD also and not DD+ which is nice. Was the file Dolby Vision for anyone? My player doesn't auto detect DV so it could of just been me.
richardsim7 likes this.

Last edited by zeonstar; 06-08-2019 at 08:06 PM.
zeonstar is offline  
post #52 of 88 Old 06-09-2019, 02:21 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonstar View Post
First off, thank you for finding them. I gotta hand it to you, nice work. I, and I assume many others on this thread, have looked for it many times with just no luck. But here it is!



I'm happy it was found for everyone to enjoy finally but I personally have mixed feelings on this.



Let me explain.



I recently purchased the 2018 Dolby Atmos UHD Demo disc off eBay and if I am being honest...it was largely for this video. And here it is...for free. Hahaha. I'm sure it wont surprise any of you to know the disc wasn't cheap. I haven't even gotten it yet, it's being shipped to me. But now that I have this file finally, I don't even know if I will want to keep the disc. Sure it'd be nice to have Dolby's only UHD demo disc....but still. $$$$!



It's being shipped to me from the UK so I suppose it's good it's going to take awhile to get to me to give me time to think about things and if I want to keep the disc or just re-sell it.



EDIT. Looks like the file isn't in Dolby Vision which is too bad. It's still great though, and at least it's in Dolby Atmos. Seems to be Dolby TrueHD also and not DD+ which is nice. Was the file Dolby Vision for anyone? My player doesn't auto detect DV so it could of just been me.
Yeah I just found out it doesn't play in DV
But the HDR10 Version looks pretty much the same as the DV one, I think
PS: I looked at the Torrent Website of which I got the file, it says that the second Video Stream (1080p) should be in DV.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Last edited by Johann Viebrock; 06-09-2019 at 02:25 AM.
Johann Viebrock is offline  
post #53 of 88 Old 06-09-2019, 08:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
richardsim7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,208
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1432 Post(s)
Liked: 1864
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonstar View Post
Seems to be Dolby TrueHD also and not DD+ which is nice.

Actually is has both TrueHD and DD+ tracks which is handy for compatibility purposes


Quote:
Originally Posted by Johann Viebrock View Post
Yeah I just found out it doesn't play in DV
But the HDR10 Version looks pretty much the same as the DV one, I think
PS: I looked at the Torrent Website of which I got the file, it says that the second Video Stream (1080p) should be in DV.

Indeed, there are two video streams, the second beind the DV layer, but at present there is no way to play these back


The only way to play Dolby Vision is to have the ISO or BDMV tree structure and play it back on an Oppo 203 or similar
richardsim7 is offline  
post #54 of 88 Old 06-09-2019, 08:59 AM
Advanced Member
 
zeonstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 790
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 141
I had no idea a video could have two streams. Like was mentioned though I at least have no way to select that version.
zeonstar is offline  
post #55 of 88 Old 06-09-2019, 01:04 PM
Advanced Member
 
zeonstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 790
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 141
I got my March 2018 UHD Dolby Atmos Demo disc over the weekend and was checking it out today. Was very surprised and very disappointed to find out that all the audio seems to all be on DD+ containers with no way (That I could figure out anyway) to change the audio to be a Dolby TrueHD source. I couldn't do it with my remote and I couldn't do it on the main menu. I have another Dolby Atmos demo disc from 2016 that lets you change them easily.

Listings of this disc on demo-world would lead me to believe it has both audio sources. But darn if I know if that's actually true.

I would have to assume whoever uploaded the Core Universe video that @Johann Viebrock had to of came from this disc. Yet that one plays as TrueHD. Plus according to @richardsim7 it actually contains both audio tracks. If this disc was truly the source of that video, then my disc should have both audio tracks too. But who knows how to get from one to the other?!?

Now I really regret buying this disc.
zeonstar is offline  
post #56 of 88 Old 06-12-2019, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator
 
teachsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 14,673
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1291 Post(s)
Liked: 2122
Thread clean up.
zeonstar and richardsim7 like this.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
teachsac is offline  
post #57 of 88 Old 06-14-2019, 02:19 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Website with complete UHD Disc Torrent:
http://37.1.207.65/torrent/704083/do...-dolby-vision/

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk
Johann Viebrock is offline  
post #58 of 88 Old 06-14-2019, 09:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
zeonstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 790
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johann Viebrock View Post
Website with complete UHD Disc Torrent:
http://37.1.207.65/torrent/704083/do...-dolby-vision/

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk
Appreciate the link. This is actually the second time someone posted this link today! It was also posted in this thread.

Something odd about the rip thought, the files aren't in Dolby Vision. However, at that other thread, two versions of the disc were actually posted. One like the one here is an exact rip of the UHD but isn't Dolby Vision.

The other version is mp4 rips of all the media and those files are Dolby Vision...but the Audio is DD+ Atmos. The full rip version of the disc that isn't dolby vision does have TrueHD Atmos audio.

The March 2018 UHD disc I got recently off ebay contains the same Dolby Vision video with DD+ audio with no way to access Dolby TrueHD audio. Something really weird is up with this March 2018 UHD Dolby Atmos disc!
zeonstar is offline  
post #59 of 88 Old 06-15-2019, 03:23 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 6
I tried to remux the DV mp4 file with the Dolby TrueHD-Track from the other torrent in MKVtoolnix.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk
Johann Viebrock is offline  
post #60 of 88 Old 06-15-2019, 06:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
richardsim7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,208
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1432 Post(s)
Liked: 1864
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonstar View Post
Something odd about the rip thought, the files aren't in Dolby Vision. However, at that other thread, two versions of the disc were actually posted. One like the one here is an exact rip of the UHD but isn't Dolby Vision.

The other version is mp4 rips of all the media and those files are Dolby Vision...but the Audio is DD+ Atmos. The full rip version of the disc that isn't dolby vision does have TrueHD Atmos audio.

The March 2018 UHD disc I got recently off ebay contains the same Dolby Vision video with DD+ audio with no way to access Dolby TrueHD audio. Something really weird is up with this March 2018 UHD Dolby Atmos disc!

The full disc is Dolby Vision, we just have no way to play it unless you have an Oppo 203
The mp4 version only has DD+ because mp4 doesn't support HD Audio codecs (TrueHD/DTS-HD)
Unless your disc is a weird fake, it sounds like an issue with your player. Is there no "audio" button on your Blu-Ray player remote to switch tracks? How do you normally do it?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Johann Viebrock View Post
I tried to remux the DV mp4 file with the Dolby TrueHD-Track from the other torrent in MKVtoolnix.

Yeah that won't work, mkv doesn't support Dolby Vision
richardsim7 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply High Dynamic Range (HDR) & Wide Color Gamut (WCG)

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off