Dolby Vision, including HDR10 conversion w/ DTM on Projectors? - Page 33 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1012Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #961 of 2220 Old 03-02-2020, 08:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posts: 8,732
Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6281 Post(s)
Liked: 2640
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauro145 View Post
If you check the linker website it clarifies that it doesn't support Apple TV Atmos.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (5S) mediante Tapatalk
See statement from HDFury (support)
Quote:
LLDV works on Linker from most sources, initially there was issues but those were sources issues that later was fixed by their manufacturers.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/37-vi...l#post59203242

JVC DLA-X550R; Denon AVR-X3400H; HD Fury Linker / Vertex 2; ATV4K; Sony UBP-X700
JVC Curves; Optimizing HDR;
Creating a basic HDR curve using Arve’s Tool;
Replacing JVC Bare Bulbs
Dominic Chan is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #962 of 2220 Old 03-02-2020, 08:36 PM
Senior Member
 
danbez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
See statement from HDFury (support)


https://www.avsforum.com/forum/37-vi...l#post59203242
Dominic, I think what is happening here is :

a. the Linker doesn't work with Dolby MAT2 as used on Apple TV for Atmos (Atmos metadata packaged inside a multichannel PCM).
b. If you put the Linker after the receiver, it should work since the Dolby MAT2 signal doesn't get "tampered" by the Linker before it reaches the receiver.
c. After the receiver, the sound part is not important - so even if the Linker removes the sound, it doesn't really matters to you.

Keep in mind that this issue is just for the Dolby Atmos portion. I have no problem with Dolby Vision LLDV, even with the Linker added in between the ATV and the receiver.

Last edited by danbez; 03-02-2020 at 08:43 PM.
danbez is offline  
post #963 of 2220 Old 03-05-2020, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
kgveteran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 7,637
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked: 280
I purchased a Vertex2 and the process of setting it up gives me a headache.

I have a JVC RS400, can we discuss how this is gonna work, The Vertex2 section is filled with very knowledgeable people who’s job it is not to explain this.....they ignore noob questions like mine

As of Feb 20th still looking for a Marantz SR7010
**HT Build https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...-door-0-a.html **


DIY HT builds, are 90%planning, 10%construction
kgveteran is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #964 of 2220 Old 03-05-2020, 10:12 AM
Member
 
Darthprater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I agree with the above post. It would be great if there were some kind guide for this. It’s very new and gaining a lot of traction.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darthprater is offline  
post #965 of 2220 Old 03-05-2020, 03:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,944
Mentioned: 711 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5632 Post(s)
Liked: 1704
Thumbs up LLDV > simili HDR10+ on HDR10 display

It is very pleasant to see you guys taking advantage of LLDV capable sources to play DV content on HDR10 capable display in order to get a "simili" HDR10+ result.
Also very pleased to see that the initial red tint have been solved with the DV custom string field that we added as per your requests, looks like you have done the right use of that feature too.

I usually never post outside our own threads in video processor section, but i wanted to tell you that we followed your progress here and on avforums where i once posted but was banned immediately

Purpose of my post here is to tell you the following:

1. Since you have been doing so well so far, we will add a custom DV string decoder and creator prolly before next month so you guys can test and adjust even more.
2. To thank @Bytehoven @bmandra @harpervision (avforums) and others who actively helped, we put live a special 30% OFF coupon code just for the readers of this thread and AVforums thread, coupon code is: LLDV
This coupon will expire when the new firmware with DV string decoder and creator will be released. This is not "retro active" so do not even ask, we like to spend our time coding.

Please do not thank us, but thanx those guys for it !
They deserve all the credits and some faced individuals and companies hate for bringing such disruptive PQ improvement method to the public.

If someone can pass the words on avforums, it would be much appreciated.

All the best in your journey guys and see you soon for new FW updates dedicated to bring your experiments further !

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 03-05-2020 at 04:00 PM.
HDfury is offline  
post #966 of 2220 Old 03-05-2020, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,944
Mentioned: 711 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5632 Post(s)
Liked: 1704
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgveteran View Post
I purchased a Vertex2 and the process of setting it up gives me a headache.

I have a JVC RS400, can we discuss how this is gonna work, The Vertex2 section is filled with very knowledgeable people who’s job it is not to explain this.....they ignore noob questions like mine
Come on, we never ignored anyone, you did not even mention that you wanna try this, so please go back on vertex2 thread and add some details and you will get help, if you come and ask how do i connect things up, then you get the basic answer, make an accurate description of what you want to do and then you got an accurate answer, we cannot guess what you want to achieve if you do not mention it !

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #967 of 2220 Old 03-05-2020, 04:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Nalleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Norway
Posts: 4,812
Mentioned: 502 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3289 Post(s)
Liked: 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post

If someone can pass the words on avforums, it would be much appreciated.
Done

And thanks you for making these awsome products and contionued customer support
HDfury and per1971 like this.

Dual AVR 13.1.8 SWAtmos - Atmos 13.1.8/DTS X 9.1.8/Auro 3D 13.1 - Denon AVCX8500H+AVRX7200WA - Klipsch+KEF - 4xSI18" - 12x12" w/6xSLAPS M12 VNF - 4x12"HB+2x18"CLHB - 6x Crowsons - 4xBK-LFE - 2x12"BB - 2x "4DX" fans- 6xNU6K - Minidsp 10x10HD-Vertex2-Oppo UDP203-XB1X-ATV4K-JVC RS600-Dreamscreen V2 120"-Samsung QE82Q60.
>>>>Nalleh’s HT<<<<
Nalleh is offline  
post #968 of 2220 Old 03-06-2020, 07:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,218
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
It is very pleasant to see you guys taking advantage of LLDV capable sources to play DV content on HDR10 capable display in order to get a "simili" HDR10+ result.
Also very pleased to see that the initial red tint have been solved with the DV custom string field that we added as per your requests, looks like you have done the right use of that feature too.

I usually never post outside our own threads in video processor section, but i wanted to tell you that we followed your progress here and on avforums where i once posted but was banned immediately

Purpose of my post here is to tell you the following:

1. Since you have been doing so well so far, we will add a custom DV string decoder and creator prolly before next month so you guys can test and adjust even more.
2. To thank @Bytehoven @bmandra @harpervision (avforums) and others who actively helped, we put live a special 30% OFF coupon code just for the readers of this thread and AVforums thread, coupon code is: LLDV
This coupon will expire when the new firmware with DV string decoder and creator will be released. This is not "retro active" so do not even ask, we like to spend our time coding.

Please do not thank us, but thanx those guys for it !
They deserve all the credits and some faced individuals and companies hate for bringing such disruptive PQ improvement method to the public.

If someone can pass the words on avforums, it would be much appreciated.

All the best in your journey guys and see you soon for new FW updates dedicated to bring your experiments further !

Going to order a vertex on monday for a good friend of mines that has a 520
HDfury likes this.
jorgebetancourt is offline  
post #969 of 2220 Old 03-06-2020, 11:26 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
It is very pleasant to see you guys taking advantage of LLDV capable sources to play DV content on HDR10 capable display in order to get a "simili" HDR10+ result.
Also very pleased to see that the initial red tint have been solved with the DV custom string field that we added as per your requests, looks like you have done the right use of that feature too.

I usually never post outside our own threads in video processor section, but i wanted to tell you that we followed your progress here and on avforums where i once posted but was banned immediately

Purpose of my post here is to tell you the following:

1. Since you have been doing so well so far, we will add a custom DV string decoder and creator prolly before next month so you guys can test and adjust even more.
2. To thank @Bytehoven @bmandra @harpervision (avforums) and others who actively helped, we put live a special 30% OFF coupon code just for the readers of this thread and AVforums thread, coupon code is: LLDV
This coupon will expire when the new firmware with DV string decoder and creator will be released. This is not "retro active" so do not even ask, we like to spend our time coding.

Please do not thank us, but thanx those guys for it !
They deserve all the credits and some faced individuals and companies hate for bringing such disruptive PQ improvement method to the public.

If someone can pass the words on avforums, it would be much appreciated.

All the best in your journey guys and see you soon for new FW updates dedicated to bring your experiments further !
Hi - thanks for coupon code, I’m certainly keen to give the DV ideas a go on my LS10500. Can I ask will the coupon code work on the HDfury.eu site or only the HDfury.com site.

Many thanks. Bill
BilliumB is offline  
post #970 of 2220 Old 03-06-2020, 02:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,944
Mentioned: 711 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5632 Post(s)
Liked: 1704
Quote:
Originally Posted by BilliumB View Post
Hi - thanks for coupon code, I’m certainly keen to give the DV ideas a go on my LS10500. Can I ask will the coupon code work on the HDfury.eu site or only the HDfury.com site.

Many thanks. Bill
The only official site is HDfury.com, anything else is just reseller website, so no, our coupon will not work on any other site than HDfury.com

Please keep this thread on topic, i don't want to interfere much here, you can send me such question by PM, thank you.

So while i'm here, see attached pic, that's what we are working on for you guys ! coming soon on Vertex2/Diva/Maestro ! (feel free to share on avforums !)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LLDV_decoder_creator.png
Views:	182
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	2694468  
claw, MMoser, guntje and 4 others like this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #971 of 2220 Old 03-06-2020, 04:10 PM
Member
 
mavang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Can anyone tell me if this hack will work with the hdfury Vertex as well if so some guidance would be greatly appreciated


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mavang is offline  
post #972 of 2220 Old 03-06-2020, 05:11 PM
Member
 
MMoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
The only official site is HDfury.com, anything else is just reseller website, so no, our coupon will not work on any other site than HDfury.com



Please keep this thread on topic, i don't want to interfere much here, you can send me such question by PM, thank you.



So while i'm here, see attached pic, that's what we are working on for you guys ! coming soon on Vertex2/Diva/Maestro ! (feel free to share on avforums !)
This is amazing! Can't wait for these settings options, thank you!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
HDfury likes this.

Last edited by MMoser; 03-06-2020 at 06:05 PM.
MMoser is offline  
post #973 of 2220 Old 03-06-2020, 06:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
claw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 3,709
Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2935 Post(s)
Liked: 2821
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavang View Post
Can anyone tell me if this hack will work with the hdfury Vertex as well if so some guidance would be greatly appreciated
Yes, it will but you won't get the nice browser interface that HDfury just posted that will be available for Maestro, Vertex2, and Diva.

What display device will you use this with?
HDfury likes this.

CJ
JVC RS500 | LG B7A OLED | Denon X6400H (7.2.4) | X4200W | Panasonic UB820 | Two Oppo 203 | Samsung K8500 | Apple TV 4K | Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K | HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral | MadVR with EVGA RTX-2080 Ti
claw is offline  
post #974 of 2220 Old 03-06-2020, 06:10 PM
Member
 
mavang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
Yes, it will but you won't get the nice browser interface that HDfury just posted that will be available for Maestro, Vertex2, and Diva.



What display device will you use this with?


Jvc rs500 And I have a Panasonic ub820 uhd player


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mavang is offline  
post #975 of 2220 Old 03-07-2020, 09:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
claw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 3,709
Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2935 Post(s)
Liked: 2821
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavang View Post
Jvc rs500 And I have a Panasonic ub820 uhd player
With the UB820 you will be able to output LLDV to your RS500 from Dolby Vision discs, and from Dolby Vision titles on Netflix. Not sure there are any DV titles on Amazon. You cannot convert HDR10 or SDR to Dolby Vision LLDV. You would need a player like the Oppo, ATV4K, Sony X700, or X800/M2 to do that.

There are two options to get going quickly where the red tint we saw early on is pretty much eliminated. Choose the one you are more comfortable with performing, or you can do both and compare the results.


Option 1. Download Mark's custom LLDV EDID, load the EDID to the Vertex, and use your existing JVC custom HDR10 user mode configured with a custom HDR curve (hopefully you are not still using Gamma D) and the BT2020 color profile. This is the simplest option.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/465-h...l#post59252502



Option 2. Use the Vertex custom 5 A1 LLVD EDID that is pre-loaded to the Vertex. And load the color profile created by Dominic to your RS400.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/465-h...l#post59232278

Since you have the RS400 you should load the no-filter version of his profile: LLDV_A1NF.prof. JVC provides instruction on using the AutoCal software to load a custom color profile:

https://www3.jvckenwood.com/english/...e_en_v1_00.pdf

Once you have loaded the profile, make a new custom LLDV user mode in your RS500 that matches your user mode for HDR. Then change the color profile in the new LLDV user mode from BT2020 to LLDV_A1NF.
guptown and HDfury like this.

CJ
JVC RS500 | LG B7A OLED | Denon X6400H (7.2.4) | X4200W | Panasonic UB820 | Two Oppo 203 | Samsung K8500 | Apple TV 4K | Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K | HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral | MadVR with EVGA RTX-2080 Ti

Last edited by claw; 03-07-2020 at 10:04 AM.
claw is offline  
post #976 of 2220 Old 03-07-2020, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posts: 8,732
Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6281 Post(s)
Liked: 2640
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
With the UB820 you will be able to output LLDV to your RS500 from Dolby Vision discs, and from Dolby Vision titles on Netflix. Not sure there are any DV titles on Amazon. You cannot convert HDR10 or SDR to Dolby Vision LLDV. You would a player like the Oppo or ATV4K to do that.
The Sony X700 and X800/M2 will also do the conversion.

JVC DLA-X550R; Denon AVR-X3400H; HD Fury Linker / Vertex 2; ATV4K; Sony UBP-X700
JVC Curves; Optimizing HDR;
Creating a basic HDR curve using Arve’s Tool;
Replacing JVC Bare Bulbs
Dominic Chan is online now  
post #977 of 2220 Old 03-07-2020, 10:03 AM
Member
 
mavang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
With the UB820 you will be able to output LLDV to your RS500 from Dolby Vision discs, and from Dolby Vision titles on Netflix. Not sure there are any DV titles on Amazon. You cannot convert HDR10 or SDR to Dolby Vision LLDV. You would a player like the Oppo or ATV4K to do that.



There are two options to get going quickly where the red tint we saw early on is pretty much eliminated. Choose the one you are more comfortable with performing, or you can do both and compare the results.





Option 1. Download Mark's custom LLDV EDID, load the EDID to the Vertex, and use your existing JVC custom HDR10 user mode configured with a custom HDR curve (hopefully you are not still using Gamma D) and the BT2020 color profile. This is the simplest option.



https://www.avsforum.com/forum/465-h...l#post59252502







Option 2. Use the Vertex custom 5 A1 LLVD EDID that is pre-loaded to the Vertex. And load the color profile created by Dominic to your RS400.



https://www.avsforum.com/forum/465-h...l#post59232278



Since you have the RS400 you should load the no-filter version of his profile: LLDV_A1NF.prof. JVC provides instruction on using the AutoCal software to load a custom color profile:



https://www3.jvckenwood.com/english/...e_en_v1_00.pdf



Once you have loaded the profile, make a new custom LLDV user mode in your RS500 that matches your user mode for HDR. Then change the color profile in the new LLDV user mode from BT2020 to LLDV_A1NF.


Thank you so much Claw greatly appreciated I can’t wait to give it a shot many thanks



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mavang is offline  
post #978 of 2220 Old 03-07-2020, 10:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
claw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 3,709
Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2935 Post(s)
Liked: 2821
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavang View Post
Thank you so much Claw greatly appreciated I can’t wait to give it a shot many thanks
Do you currently use the Vertex JVC Macros to send RS-232 commands to your RS400 to select the proper user mode for the content type?

The original Vertex does not have the new additional JVC Macro for LLDV like the Vertex2 does. If you have the Macros turned ON in the Vertex, it will execute the SDR BT2020 macro when it sees LLDV input.

If you don't use the Macros I expect that you must select your HDR user mode manually?
HDfury likes this.

CJ
JVC RS500 | LG B7A OLED | Denon X6400H (7.2.4) | X4200W | Panasonic UB820 | Two Oppo 203 | Samsung K8500 | Apple TV 4K | Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K | HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral | MadVR with EVGA RTX-2080 Ti
claw is offline  
post #979 of 2220 Old 03-07-2020, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,218
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
With the UB820 you will be able to output LLDV to your RS500 from Dolby Vision discs, and from Dolby Vision titles on Netflix. Not sure there are any DV titles on Amazon. You cannot convert HDR10 or SDR to Dolby Vision LLDV. You would need a player like the Oppo, ATV4K, Sony X700, or X800/M2 to do that.



There are two options to get going quickly where the red tint we saw early on is pretty much eliminated. Choose the one you are more comfortable with performing, or you can do both and compare the results.





Option 1. Download Mark's custom LLDV EDID, load the EDID to the Vertex, and use your existing JVC custom HDR10 user mode configured with a custom HDR curve (hopefully you are not still using Gamma D) and the BT2020 color profile. This is the simplest option.



https://www.avsforum.com/forum/465-h...l#post59252502







Option 2. Use the Vertex custom 5 A1 LLVD EDID that is pre-loaded to the Vertex. And load the color profile created by Dominic to your RS400.



https://www.avsforum.com/forum/465-h...l#post59232278



Since you have the RS400 you should load the no-filter version of his profile: LLDV_A1NF.prof. JVC provides instruction on using the AutoCal software to load a custom color profile:



https://www3.jvckenwood.com/english/...e_en_v1_00.pdf



Once you have loaded the profile, make a new custom LLDV user mode in your RS500 that matches your user mode for HDR. Then change the color profile in the new LLDV user mode from BT2020 to LLDV_A1NF.
Claw can you post option 3 please..


Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
jorgebetancourt is offline  
post #980 of 2220 Old 03-07-2020, 01:11 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
2. To thank @Bytehoven @bmandra @harpervision (avforums) and others who actively helped, we put live a special 30% OFF coupon code just for the readers of this thread and AVforums thread, coupon code is: LLDV
This coupon will expire when the new firmware with DV string decoder and creator will be released. This is not "retro active" so do not even ask, we like to spend our time coding.
Can this coupon also be applied on the hdfury.eu website? I don't see an option there for a coupon. Thanks in advance.
pameijer is offline  
post #981 of 2220 Old 03-07-2020, 01:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,944
Mentioned: 711 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5632 Post(s)
Liked: 1704
Quote:
Originally Posted by pameijer View Post
Can this coupon also be applied on the hdfury.eu website? I don't see an option there for a coupon. Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
The only official site is HDfury.com, anything else is just reseller website, so no, our coupon will not work on any other site than HDfury.com

Please keep this thread on topic, i don't want to interfere much here, you can send me such question by PM, thank you.

So while i'm here, see attached pic, that's what we are working on for you guys ! coming soon on Vertex2/Diva/Maestro ! (feel free to share on avforums !)
Btw, we solved the last remaining math problem regarding decoding and creating DV mode 2 custom string, so we are all set and new FW release might happen sooner than expected, so hurry up if you want to take advantage of the discount
Previous screenshot i sent had 0-31 number for minlum / maxlum value, now you can enter nits value directly instead and everything is perfectly calculated !

Now please read the page at least once before asking such questions as it was answered already and as i said, i don't want to interfere much here, so send such question via PM if you have any.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #982 of 2220 Old 03-07-2020, 01:34 PM
Member
 
The Luggage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
Do you currently use the Vertex JVC Macros to send RS-232 commands to your RS400 to select the proper user mode for the content type?

The original Vertex does not have the new additional JVC Macro for LLDV like the Vertex2 does. If you have the Macros turned ON in the Vertex, it will execute the SDR BT2020 macro when it sees LLDV input.

If you don't use the Macros I expect that you must select your HDR user mode manually?

I also have the original vertex and intend to try this Dolby Vision option for Netflix content (I have a htpc with MadVR for UHD-discs).

Do I understand correctly that the macros will not work properly when using LLDV? I assume i can solve this by manually putting the projector in HDR mode?

Also: is it possible to combine the LLDV and the option in the Vertex that disables gamma D? (I forgot the name, "disable HDR"?) I have a JVC RS400/X5000.
The Luggage is offline  
post #983 of 2220 Old 03-07-2020, 06:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
claw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 3,709
Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2935 Post(s)
Liked: 2821
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Luggage View Post
I also have the original vertex and intend to try this Dolby Vision option for Netflix content (I have a htpc with MadVR for UHD-discs).

Do I understand correctly that the macros will not work properly when using LLDV? I assume i can solve this by manually putting the projector in HDR mode?

Also: is it possible to combine the LLDV and the option in the Vertex that disables gamma D? (I forgot the name, "disable HDR"?) I have a JVC RS400/X5000.
Unfortunately, I believe the original Vertex did not have any memory left available to add the new LLDV macro. Only the latest generation of devices now have it.

With the original Vertex that does not have the LLDV macro, the SDR BT2020 macro is triggered. It should not be, but when the original sets of Macros were developed no one was sending LLDV to JVC projectors. So triggering the SDR B2020 macro is more of an accident than anything else. Since you use MadVR, you are probably already using the SDR BT2020 macro for MadVR output and can't repurpose the macro for LLDV. You will have to manually select the user mode that you want to use for LLDV.

Some display device owners are having the HDfury device send custom HDR10 metadata so that their display kicks into HDR10 picture mode. Because you can't combine sending custom HDR metadata and setting the Disable HDR check box, those of us with the RS400/500/600 and equivalent models do not have this option. The Disable HDR check box disables the sending of any custom metadata. If you send custom metadata without the Disable HDR setting, the projector will switch to the dreaded Gamma D.
The Luggage likes this.

CJ
JVC RS500 | LG B7A OLED | Denon X6400H (7.2.4) | X4200W | Panasonic UB820 | Two Oppo 203 | Samsung K8500 | Apple TV 4K | Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K | HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral | MadVR with EVGA RTX-2080 Ti
claw is offline  
post #984 of 2220 Old 03-07-2020, 06:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
claw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 3,709
Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2935 Post(s)
Liked: 2821
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgebetancourt View Post
Claw can you post option 3 please..
If you are referring to creating a custom DV string, that would be an advanced option that I don't want to tackle. I would suggest waiting for the DV string enhancements that HDfury will be adding soon to the latest generation of devices.
jorgebetancourt likes this.

CJ
JVC RS500 | LG B7A OLED | Denon X6400H (7.2.4) | X4200W | Panasonic UB820 | Two Oppo 203 | Samsung K8500 | Apple TV 4K | Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K | HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral | MadVR with EVGA RTX-2080 Ti
claw is offline  
post #985 of 2220 Old 03-08-2020, 06:15 AM
Member
 
The Luggage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
Since you use MadVR, you are probably already using the SDR BT2020 macro for MadVR output and can't repurpose the macro for LLDV. You will have to manually select the user mode that you want to use for LLDV.
Thank you. You are right, that is the way I use the SDR2020 macro.

So when using LLDV and leaving my current macros enabled, the projector will switch to my SDR2020 user mode and then I can manually switch it to the HDR mode.

I was also wondering what the possible effect of using LLDV is on other other sources (my htpc).

If I understand correctly, the edid can be set up different for every input in the Vertex, so the LLDV edid is only required for the DV-source (probably the netflix app of my Panasonic UB820 UHD player) and I can leave the edid of the other Vertex-input (that is connected to my htpc) as it is?

But if I need to make changes in the HDR-tab in the vertex for the LLDV trick to work, will that affect the content sent to from my htpc to the other vertex-input in any way (sdr2020 and sdr709 content from madvr)? If yes, then I would have to manually change the hdr settings in the vertex every time I switch inputs. I assume this is not necessary because MadVR sends SDR, but I am not sure?

Also, if I use my panasonic player as the DV-source, do I need to change something when playing a regular sdr709 blu-ray in the player (not all my blu-rays are converted to media files to play on my htpc)? Or will the "LLDV settings" in the Vertex and the Panasonic player let SDR 709 content pass "untouchted"?
The Luggage is offline  
post #986 of 2220 Old 03-08-2020, 09:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,218
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
If you are referring to creating a custom DV string, that would be an advanced option that I don't want to tackle. I would suggest waiting for the DV string enhancements that HDfury will be adding soon to the latest generation of devices.
Yeah that was it but never mind i just wanted to see all the options for when i set my friends vertex.
So with the new update that's coming when u put in the nits what would one expect to see dofferent.. more brightness, better colors or just a bit more balance between bright and dark scenes?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
jorgebetancourt is offline  
post #987 of 2220 Old 03-08-2020, 11:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
claw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 3,709
Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2935 Post(s)
Liked: 2821
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Luggage View Post
Thank you. You are right, that is the way I use the SDR2020 macro.

So when using LLDV and leaving my current macros enabled, the projector will switch to my SDR2020 user mode and then I can manually switch it to the HDR mode.

I was also wondering what the possible effect of using LLDV is on other other sources (my htpc).

If I understand correctly, the edid can be set up different for every input in the Vertex, so the LLDV edid is only required for the DV-source (probably the netflix app of my Panasonic UB820 UHD player) and I can leave the edid of the other Vertex-input (that is connected to my htpc) as it is?

But if I need to make changes in the HDR-tab in the vertex for the LLDV trick to work, will that affect the content sent to from my htpc to the other vertex-input in any way (sdr2020 and sdr709 content from madvr)? If yes, then I would have to manually change the hdr settings in the vertex every time I switch inputs. I assume this is not necessary because MadVR sends SDR, but I am not sure?

Also, if I use my panasonic player as the DV-source, do I need to change something when playing a regular sdr709 blu-ray in the player (not all my blu-rays are converted to media files to play on my htpc)? Or will the "LLDV settings" in the Vertex and the Panasonic player let SDR 709 content pass "untouchted"?
Yes, switch from your SDR 2020 user mode to your HDR10 user mode. Now that we know more about the Sony A1 LLDV EDID, I think you should be able to use a 1000 nit custom curve with it instead of a 4000 nit curve.

There are no PC software players that support Dolby Vision, so there are none that can output LLDV.

Yes, you can use different EDIDs on the two inputs. But I use the Sony A1 LLDV EDID for everything since I have my HDfury placed between my Denon AVR and my JVC. It not only reports support for LLDV to the players, but also HDR10 and HLG. SDR 2020 from MadVR will not be affected.

Yes, playing SDR REC709 will continue to function as it does today. The EDID only tells the player what capabilities the display device has. For example, we fool the players to think we have a Sony A1 TV when we use the A1 LLDV EDID. It doe not cause any alteration of the signal to occur.
The Luggage likes this.

CJ
JVC RS500 | LG B7A OLED | Denon X6400H (7.2.4) | X4200W | Panasonic UB820 | Two Oppo 203 | Samsung K8500 | Apple TV 4K | Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K | HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral | MadVR with EVGA RTX-2080 Ti
claw is offline  
post #988 of 2220 Old 03-08-2020, 11:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
claw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 3,709
Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2935 Post(s)
Liked: 2821
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgebetancourt View Post
Yeah that was it but never mind i just wanted to see all the options for when i set my friends vertex.
So with the new update that's coming when u put in the nits what would one expect to see dofferent.. more brightness, better colors or just a bit more balance between bright and dark scenes?
From my earlier tests with the nit value I did not see any noticeable difference modifying the nit value in the Dolby Vision string. I think it will be more useful to those who want to adjust some of the other the string field values to match their display calibration.
jorgebetancourt likes this.

CJ
JVC RS500 | LG B7A OLED | Denon X6400H (7.2.4) | X4200W | Panasonic UB820 | Two Oppo 203 | Samsung K8500 | Apple TV 4K | Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K | HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral | MadVR with EVGA RTX-2080 Ti
claw is offline  
post #989 of 2220 Old 03-08-2020, 12:26 PM
Member
 
mavang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
Do you currently use the Vertex JVC Macros to send RS-232 commands to your RS400 to select the proper user mode for the content type?



The original Vertex does not have the new additional JVC Macro for LLDV like the Vertex2 does. If you have the Macros turned ON in the Vertex, it will execute the SDR BT2020 macro when it sees LLDV input.



If you don't use the Macros I expect that you must select your HDR user mode manually?


Hi Claw
I don’t use Macros as i find it confusing on how to setup I just manually setup every time and select my profiles as needed
Thanks once again
Much appreciate everyone’s input on the forum
You guys are geniuses


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mavang is offline  
post #990 of 2220 Old 03-08-2020, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bytehoven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,862
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1612 Post(s)
Liked: 1277
Thanks HDFury!

Byte
....

JVC DLA-X990 - 128" 2.35 1.3 Gain Screen - Vertex2 - X800M2 - UB820 - ATV4K64 - ROKU Ultra - PS4 - XBone
7.1.4 Atmos - Denon X4300H + Denon 3806(LCR) - JBL Control 5 - BIC Sub - Dayton
Bytehoven is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply High Dynamic Range (HDR) & Wide Color Gamut (WCG)

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off