Please help, I'm trying to get HDR enabled in Windows 10, but all HDR sliders under "Windows HD color settings" are still greyed out and cannot be enabled. Spent hours of testing to no avail.
- LG E6 OLED TV (definitely HDR compatible)
- GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (definitely HDR compatible)
- Windows 10 64bit, Build 18362
What I tried (and still remember):
- Enable "HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color" for all HDMI ports
- Make sure the latest firmware is used
- Try out all input label like "PC", " Game Console" etc..
- Use the TV as the only display connected to the PC
- Connect a NVIDIA Shield to the TV, HDR works flawlessly
- Try a HDMI 2.1 cable
- Try various HDMI 2.0a high speed cables
- Use MPC-HC/madVR to play a HDR video using HDR passthrough, it works!
TV detects and plays HDR content
- Try NVIDIA settings like RGB 8bit full, YCbCr 4:2:2 8/10/12bit Limited, YCbCr 4:4:4 8 bit Limited
- Try newest and older GPU drivers
I attached an excerpt of the PCs dxdiag result. In particular these 2 lines are odd:
Monitor Capabilities: HDR Not Supported (BT2020RGB BT2020YCC )
Advanced Color: Not Supported
The values "BT2020RGB BT2020YCC" only appear when "HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color" is enabled on the TV's HDMI port, otherwise it will only say "HDR Not Supported" without the brackets. So switching the "HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color" at least does something. But another value "Eotf2084Supported" should appear in the brackets when the setting is enabled, but it doesn't! And obviously "Advanced Color" should say "Supported".
Does anyone have even the slightest the idea what might be wrong with my system? Thanks a lot