Best Value TV's Capable of Displaying 24 fps Video and HDR10? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-10-2019, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Best Value TV's Capable of Displaying 24 fps Video and HDR10?

Hi, everyone. I was on AVS a while back when setting up my home theater room, and I appreciate your help more than you know! I would have made some very bad choices if not for the expertise of the folks in this forum.

Believe-it-or-not, I haven't purchased a TV since setting up my theater room/home projector, which was before the days of inexpensive 4k TV's. There's been no need to--we watch everything in the theater room. However, my wife now wants a TV in our master bedroom.

A couple of concerns:

1) I cannot stand the "soap opera" look of the hyper-smoothing TV technology. I've seen discussions about choosing a TV refresh rate that is multiples of 24 and turning off the "image smoothing", but I'm not convinced that will always work. MY home theater projector has a 24 fps mode that I've come to love, and want to make sure I can watch movies this way on the TV.

2) I really want to take advantage of the higher color gamut capabilities (1+ billion colors). Reading the "what to look for in a TV" thread was very helpful--I assume I want to look for a TV that is HDR10 and/or Dolby Vision capable?

I'm looking for a 50" to 60" 4k TV, and there's no need for OLED. We'll still use the theater room for our primary movie watching, so I'm fine with LCD/LED. It seems like there should be some options in the $500 range (maybe not?!), but I'm fine going higher if needed. I would appreciate any input, suggestions and/or advice that you have to offer. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply High Dynamic Range (HDR) & Wide Color Gamut (WCG)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page