HDR through Anthem 720 from PS4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By dlinsley
  • 1 Post By SteffanA

post #1 of 3 Old 06-10-2020, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Question HDR through Anthem 720 from PS4

Okay, I really really hope to get some help here. I have been trying the last 2 days without any luck..

When I connect my PS4 directly to my tv ( LG C9) and activate HDR for the HDMI port I use, it works fine...

BUT, when I connect the PS4 to the receiver (Anthem 720) and a HDMI cable from HDMI1 ACR (receiver) to HDMI2 ACR (tv) and activate HDR, it loose the signal.

I also have a Nvidia Shield connected to the receiver, and it works fine when HDR is activated on the tv and movies shows the HDR.

I hope there is a solution, so everything can go through my Anthem..

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-10-2020, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 713 Post(s)
Liked: 567
Which HDMI port is the PS4 plugged into on the Anthem? I've had sporadic issues with some devices when using port 7 (MHL) or the front port (may also have MHL support, I don't recall), but 1-6 are fine.

Are you on the latest public firmware for the Anthem? https://www.anthemav.com/downloads/A...0-software.zip

Anthem tech support through their website or phone call are usually excellent and know the product.

BTW you may want to post in the owner's thread: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...receivers.html
SteffanA likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-10-2020, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I have tried pretty much all of them, except 7 (MHL)

But I actually think I found the problem now. It seems like it wasThe HDMI cable I used from tv to receiver. I am now using the cable from the PS4 PRO, and another one from PS4 to receiver, and it looks like it did it.

I just didn't think anything was wrong with the HDMI cable when there was no problem with the shield and HDR.

So far so good!

Anyways, thank you very much for your reply. I will remember posting in the owners thread.
dlinsley likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply High Dynamic Range (HDR) & Wide Color Gamut (WCG)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page