CINERA: The Future Of Home Cinema - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #61 of 75 Old 07-12-2018, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Huebel View Post
I have to correct the support of Cinego. I was able to order my lenses for Astigmatic and they are already on the way! Very friendly and good contact!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Glad they sorted you out. It's so nice not having to put contact lenses in to watch a movie on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 75 Old 07-13-2018, 02:19 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I saw the Cinera on kickstarter last year and although I was drawn by the f.o.v and the resolution it seemed ridiculously bulky. The arm didn't appeal as I tend to shift about a lot whilst watching movies. I hope people are enjoying theirs.
My dream is a combination of the Cinego and the Glyph. The Cinego's ergonomics and f.o.v with a 1080p virtual retinal display.

Last edited by meva; 07-13-2018 at 02:29 AM.
post #63 of 75 Old 07-15-2018, 08:31 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Unavoidable these devises will get smaller as the FOV increases and also incorporate retinal display technology as well as every other option imaginable as competition will eventually kick in due to increased demand as these devices become small, cheap and easy to use. This is not due to VR/AR and virtual IMAX simulator companies having to invest in the much of the high tech research, which is why it will happen and so quickly. All the research money in the world is being expended by cell phone makers, computer chip makers and various other fields that all use the same exact technology- increased small chip processing power, high ppi emissive screens, less power draw, wireless streaming of large data bits, HDR 4K(soon 8K) 3D content- all of this translates into making a device whereas a person can watch a movie on a light weight visor/headphone system that looks and sounds 20X better than any IMAX theater. This will come fast as passive viewing of content doesn't require the GPU power of games for very high resolutions nor the time (decade) needed to produce quality, long term and innovative VR/AR active gaming content.

One simply need to looks at full benefits of watching movies through a visor beyond the obvious ability to watch on a plane, train or long trip- think of how the movie experience can be altered so the viewer can be sitting in a empty theater, a crowded theater or, to get more interesting, you could watch a Muppet movie in a theater full of Muppets or watch Star Wars on a huge screen while sitting at the bar on Tatooni. Movies can be altered so audiences can participate in VR/AR and as the technology catches on, interaction may be incorporated into Blue Ray features for most released content one day. Plus people with vision issues can watch in full clarity in many cases. The benefits are going to make this whole industry explode at some tipping point.
seplant and RobTi like this.

Last edited by Grimbor; 07-15-2018 at 08:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 75 Old 07-17-2018, 06:39 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 29
The big drawback with Royole Moon is that you cannot remove the headphones and there is no support for multichannel audio, so that makes them useless for 3D cinema...

So right now its either Goovis or Cinera.

Can someone tell me what is included in the Cinera 799$ box? It's unclear from their website due to contradiction information (it says all you need is in the box,then it says sold separately... )
post #65 of 75 Old 07-20-2018, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
The 799$ price seems too high when you can get the Vive or the Occulus which are much more than simply a video streaming headset?

Phillips 65' OLED 873, Nvidia Shield, KEF T205, Marantz NR1608
post #66 of 75 Old 08-13-2018, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'd like to get this thread back on topic. The beta firmware that came out recently makes it compatible with BD3D, so I've been watching a bunch of 3D movies lately. It's wonderful! I really need a better seat to sit in using it (I tend to slouch where I normally sit and it'd be better to sit more upright), but even with the slight awkwardness of using it from my couch, it's a great experience.

People who complain about the size of the thing are missing the point: the goal was to provide the best picture, not the smallest or lightest device. The recommended use is to mount it on the adjustable arm, which works well and makes it essentially weightless. It can be adjusted with a great deal of latitude in position and orientation, stays where you put it, and can be moved easily. I've got it mounted to the end of a coffee table, which isn't optimal, but it works well enough. I'm planning to either put a table behind my couch or get a recliner or similar higher-backed chair for a more long-term solution.

It's an Android device so you can run apps on it, but I use it pretty much exclusively as an HDMI display for a BD player. Other than not having a volume adjustment in HDMI mode (the default level is OK most of the time, but I'd probably turn it down a little given the option), I'm pretty darn happy with it.
post #67 of 75 Old 08-13-2018, 11:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by photosurrealism View Post
I'd like to get this thread back on topic. The beta firmware that came out recently makes it compatible with BD3D, so I've been watching a bunch of 3D movies lately. It's wonderful! I really need a better seat to sit in using it (I tend to slouch where I normally sit and it'd be better to sit more upright), but even with the slight awkwardness of using it from my couch, it's a great experience.

People who complain about the size of the thing are missing the point: the goal was to provide the best picture, not the smallest or lightest device. The recommended use is to mount it on the adjustable arm, which works well and makes it essentially weightless. It can be adjusted with a great deal of latitude in position and orientation, stays where you put it, and can be moved easily. I've got it mounted to the end of a coffee table, which isn't optimal, but it works well enough. I'm planning to either put a table behind my couch or get a recliner or similar higher-backed chair for a more long-term solution.

It's an Android device so you can run apps on it, but I use it pretty much exclusively as an HDMI display for a BD player. Other than not having a volume adjustment in HDMI mode (the default level is OK most of the time, but I'd probably turn it down a little given the option), I'm pretty darn happy with it.
I've been following this on their kickstarter page, looks like they have some issues with european deliveries which makes lots of supporters very anxious.

Some reported dead pixels, screen glow issues... and bad IPD? What is this set's IPD?
post #68 of 75 Old 08-14-2018, 02:40 PM

Liked: 0
Hi, I own the Royole Moon, DJI Goggles and Avegant Glyph currently. Have also tried the Sony HMZ T1 and T3 and Vuzix iWear as well. I've heard that the Royole Moon picture quality seems to be better than the Goovis G2. Has anyone had all three headsets (Cinera, Goovis G2, Royole Moon) and compared all three? Which one is the best in terms of picture quality and comfort? I don't care as much for portability (I think the Glyph is the most compact out of the ones I own anyways).
post #69 of 75 Old 08-14-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuieve View Post
I've been following this on their kickstarter page, looks like they have some issues with european deliveries which makes lots of supporters very anxious.

Some reported dead pixels, screen glow issues... and bad IPD? What is this set's IPD?
The IPD is adjustable via a lever (near the eyepiece) for each side. I've found with my glasses on (I haven't tried to put in contacts and use it without them), I need to put it most or all the way apart so I haven't tried to tweak it much. I haven't measured the total range of its motion.
post #70 of 75 Old 08-17-2018, 07:35 PM

I just got the Cinera headset in today and having owned the Royole Moon and Sony HMZT3 before (as well as the Glyph but honestly they are not really a home theater device), my thoughts are the picture quality is very good, probably the best out of all 3. The blacks might not be as deep due to non OLED but its not too noticeable. There's 2 main issues I have: the motion blur / low refresh rate when things move too fast makes it unsuitable for gaming, this is mainly a movie device, and secondly the HDMI connection does not passthrough to bluetooth, only to the aux jack so my bluetooth headphones didn't work with HDMI input. Other than that, I really like it. I might still keep the Royole Moon though because the built in headphones on that are nice, and its portable. The Cinera HMD is for home use unless you buy the FPV mount.
post #71 of 75 Old 08-21-2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xitongzou View Post
I just got the Cinera headset in today and having owned the Royole Moon and Sony HMZT3 before (as well as the Glyph but honestly they are not really a home theater device), my thoughts are the picture quality is very good, probably the best out of all 3. The blacks might not be as deep due to non OLED but its not too noticeable. There's 2 main issues I have: the motion blur / low refresh rate when things move too fast makes it unsuitable for gaming, this is mainly a movie device, and secondly the HDMI connection does not passthrough to bluetooth, only to the aux jack so my bluetooth headphones didn't work with HDMI input. Other than that, I really like it. I might still keep the Royole Moon though because the built in headphones on that are nice, and its portable. The Cinera HMD is for home use unless you buy the FPV mount.
I've got the FPV but haven't tried it yet. Figured I might when I was playing something internal and not from my BD player.
post #72 of 75 Old 08-23-2018, 04:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up 100 USD discount voucher for Cinera

There is a current discount voucher for Cinera. When using their online shop you can add the voucher code 100usdoff and your receive 100 USD discount on your Cinera purchase.

Cinera also offers an affiliate program which will enable you to sign up and receive 10% commission for every referred purchase from their website!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cinera webship discount.png
Views:	64
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	2445144   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cinera affiliation.png
Views:	49
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	2445146  
post #73 of 75 Old 01-21-2019, 01:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Huebel View Post
Hello to all owners,
I am still waiting for my cinera! I have asked Cinera if they open their own forum but I do not believe!
I hope we can share our experiences and problems here
did you received your CINERA? how it is ? i have goovis g2 problem is the obscured the edge of 3d movies objects. I wanna know about Cinera or Royole moon.
post #74 of 75 Old 01-31-2019, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I wan to find a second hand pair to try out, any sellers?
post #75 of 75 Old 10-31-2019, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2037 View Post
I wan to find a second hand pair to try out, any sellers?
Selling mine for $300, i hardly have time to use it anymore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Virtual Reality (VR) & Augmented Reality (AR)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page