Luci one immers - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-30-2018, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Luci one immers

Hi guys I saw this new device lights immersive https://www.luci.one/immers/ very interesting fov 70 3000 then micro oled.I can not understand though if you can use it with any hdmi source or just with pc.He a USB connection c with hdmi adapter, I read that from the usb c in theory you can convert the signal in hdmi but I ask you if it could be feasible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-30-2018, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
For those interested, here is the answer that was given to

1. Does LUCI accept signals from any source HDMI or only pc? Yes, the LUCI immers was conceived to accept signals from any source HDMI.

2. What is the release date? As things currently stand the LUCI immers will be open for pre-sales in March of 2019 and shipped in August of 2019.

3. Will the cost of the unit be under $1000? The LUCI immers will come in two options, one which will include a dedicated portable media box and will cost $1,200. The second option will come without the media box and will cost $700.

LUCI will be launching its email newsletter in Q1 of 2019; we would encourage you to signup, as we will be offering early bird prices on the units ahead of the product launch.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-26-2019, 09:13 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I will definitely be keeping my eye on this device! Thanks for the heads up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-12-2019, 12:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 337
As far as i can tell the Luci One Immers uses the same micro OLED displays as the Goovis Cinego which uses two (2) of these displays with native resolution of 1.920x1.080 and having 3.147 PPI.

The advertising for the Luci One Immers at Indiegogo states a native resolution of 3.840x1.080 with the same 3.147 PPI but no mention that is the combined PPI for both micro OLED display, which i think is deceptive.

When i first saw the product page at Indiegogo listing that 3.840 native resolution i thought it meant true 4K micro OLED display per eye, which would be quite a feat, but after reading the fine line i realized it uses the same 2K micro LED display as done in the Goovis Cinego.

Also, if i remember correctly, the Indiegogo page mentions "7.1 surround sound" but i did not see built-in headphones in the Luci One Immers, so exactly what do they mean by "7.1 surround sound" capability ?

I do not see much to be excited about this VR, unless the msrp comes substantially less than the Goovis Cinego and it actually makes to full production scale.

Sony XBR-940E, Integra DHC-80.2, Oppo 103, Sound Lab A-1 electrostatic speakers,SVS PC12-NSD subs, InnerSound Electrostatic Amp,, Hafler 220 amp, Harman Kardon PA5800 amp, Pioneer LD-W1, Darbee Darblet, DVDO iScan Mini, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha CR-7, Koss ESP/950, Stax SR-40, Audeze Isine 10, etc, etc.

Last edited by MCaugusto; 04-14-2019 at 04:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Virtual Reality (VR) & Augmented Reality (AR)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page