Paladin-C DCR Pre-Order Program - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 17Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 55 Old 03-04-2020, 12:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
T.Wells's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Philadelphia Area
Posts: 760
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hello,

I am in the process of modernizing my setup and have an interest in this deal. Will this lens work for me if I am running the following:
  • JVC RS1000
  • Screen to lens (yet to be mounted) but roughly 20 feet (give or take a few inches until mounted)
  • Screen height is 52"
  • Total screen width is 119"

I am upgrading after many years of use of my soon to be retired UH380 and M380. I actually purchased both on the pre-order program many years ago. I've had many hours of enjoyment with this setup and having the lens slide into place and the screen widen at the push of a button still impresses all who come visit my theater. Thanks!

- T.Wells
T.Wells is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 55 Old 03-04-2020, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter
 
Shawn Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,013
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Wells View Post
Hello,

I am in the process of modernizing my setup and have an interest in this deal. Will this lens work for me if I am running the following:
  • JVC RS1000
  • Screen to lens (yet to be mounted) but roughly 20 feet (give or take a few inches until mounted)
  • Screen height is 52"
  • Total screen width is 119"

I am upgrading after many years of use of my soon to be retired UH380 and M380. I actually purchased both on the pre-order program many years ago. I've had many hours of enjoyment with this setup and having the lens slide into place and the screen widen at the push of a button still impresses all who come visit my theater. Thanks!

- T.Wells
Thanks for the details Yes - no question - your setup is fully compatible with the Paladin-C DCR. And thanks for your continued support of anamorphic cinema
T.Wells likes this.

Shawn Kelly
Panamorph, Inc.
www.panamorph.com
[email protected]
Shawn Kelly is offline  
post #33 of 55 Old 03-05-2020, 11:15 AM
Senior Member
 
frontside720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I'm in the process of planning my new theatre. (won't be built for at least a year as I'm building a house)

My theater plan is 26 x 17, 160" wide 2.40

In the market for a new projector...JVC 4500K, Sony 995ES, Sony 885es

Plan is to have the projector at the back of the room.

Thoughts?


Side note... I'm currently using a Sony 665 projector in 16:9. Thought of switching to 2:40

Last edited by frontside720; 03-05-2020 at 11:24 AM.
frontside720 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 55 Old 03-05-2020, 11:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Clark Burk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Baltimore,MD.USA
Posts: 2,053
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by frontside720 View Post
I'm in the process of planning my new theatre. (won't be built for at least a year as I'm building a house)

My theater plan is 26 x 17, 160" wide 2.40

In the market for a new projector...JVC 4500K, Sony 995ES, Sony 885es

Plan is to have the projector at the back of the room.

Thoughts?


Side note... I'm currently using a Sony 665 projector in 16:9. Thought of switching to 2:40
You have a lot of time. Things can change in a year.

My advice is to really look over these two threads and maybe get some ideas or depending how far along you are in the construction planning maybe change some things if you see some things you like.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-de...-construction/

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/29-wh...configuration/

Clark
Clark Burk is offline  
post #35 of 55 Old 03-05-2020, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter
 
Shawn Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,013
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by frontside720 View Post
I'm in the process of planning my new theatre. (won't be built for at least a year as I'm building a house)

My theater plan is 26 x 17, 160" wide 2.40

In the market for a new projector...JVC 4500K, Sony 995ES, Sony 885es

Plan is to have the projector at the back of the room.

Thoughts?


Side note... I'm currently using a Sony 665 projector in 16:9. Thought of switching to 2:40
You certainly have the throw ratio for the C-DCR but for those projectors I have doubts that the C-DCR will let the larger beam of those projectors through. Unfortunately we don't have those models available to test in all circumstances to be able to say one way or another.
frontside720 likes this.

Shawn Kelly
Panamorph, Inc.
www.panamorph.com
[email protected]
Shawn Kelly is offline  
post #36 of 55 Old 03-06-2020, 10:26 AM
Senior Member
 
frontside720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Thanks for letting me know.

I will keep my eye out for a DCR on sale.

Thanks,

Cory
frontside720 is offline  
post #37 of 55 Old 03-07-2020, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter
 
Shawn Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,013
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Update: The pre-order price will increase from $3,495 to $4,495 on Friday, March 13, 2020.

Shawn Kelly
Panamorph, Inc.
www.panamorph.com
[email protected]
Shawn Kelly is offline  
post #38 of 55 Old 03-09-2020, 08:16 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 14,802
Mentioned: 412 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5806 Post(s)
Liked: 5666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Kelly View Post
Update: The pre-order price will increase from $3,495 to $4,495 on Friday, March 13, 2020.
After preorder closes what is the time-frame to when the units would ship?

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
beastaudio is online now  
post #39 of 55 Old 03-09-2020, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter
 
Shawn Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,013
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
After preorder closes what is the time-frame to when the units would ship?
We are still saying that first units will ship early June. There's a good chance it will be earlier than that but these days, well, you know.

Shawn Kelly
Panamorph, Inc.
www.panamorph.com
[email protected]
Shawn Kelly is offline  
post #40 of 55 Old 03-13-2020, 04:59 AM
Member
 
howiee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Hi Shawn. Does this apply to forum members from the UK? I'm planning on an RS2000/N7 (or whatever supersedes it) with a 140" wide scope screen and a throw of ~250", which I think is just about right.
howiee is offline  
post #41 of 55 Old 03-13-2020, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter
 
Shawn Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,013
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by howiee View Post
Hi Shawn. Does this apply to forum members from the UK? I'm planning on an RS2000/N7 (or whatever supersedes it) with a 140" wide scope screen and a throw of ~250", which I think is just about right.
The pre-order sale is for everyone. Yes, 250/140=1.79:1 so the Compact DCR is fully compatible.
howiee likes this.

Shawn Kelly
Panamorph, Inc.
www.panamorph.com
[email protected]
Shawn Kelly is offline  
post #42 of 55 Old 03-13-2020, 06:55 AM
Member
 
howiee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Kelly View Post
The pre-order sale is for everyone. Yes, 250/140=1.79:1 so the Compact DCR is fully compatible.
Thanks Shawn and good stuff! Re. the standard DCR lens - would there be any advantage with it vs. the compact version at this throw/screen size?
howiee is offline  
post #43 of 55 Old 03-13-2020, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter
 
Shawn Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,013
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by howiee View Post
Thanks Shawn and good stuff! Re. the standard DCR lens - would there be any advantage with it vs. the compact version at this throw/screen size?
No difference at all. The Compact DCR is just like using the standard DCR. The only consideration for the larger size of the standard DCR in your case is that because it is larger it is more future-proof for different throw ratios and projectors.
howiee likes this.

Shawn Kelly
Panamorph, Inc.
www.panamorph.com
[email protected]
Shawn Kelly is offline  
post #44 of 55 Old 03-13-2020, 07:15 AM
Member
 
howiee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Kelly View Post
No difference at all. The Compact DCR is just like using the standard DCR. The only consideration for the larger size of the standard DCR in your case is that because it is larger it is more future-proof for different throw ratios and projectors.
Cheers, i'll bear that in mind.
howiee is offline  
post #45 of 55 Old 03-30-2020, 10:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tom Bley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: IL. USA
Posts: 3,471
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 966 Post(s)
Liked: 932
Shawn, is the Paladin-C DCR still planned for June ship date?

Thanks,
Tom
Tom Bley is online now  
post #46 of 55 Old 03-30-2020, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter
 
Shawn Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,013
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bley View Post
Shawn, is the Paladin-C DCR still planned for June ship date?

Thanks,
Tom
Yessir. All is on schedule. We have a lot of components and/or materials already in house and a pretty solid supply chain for the rest. I don't see any reasons for a delay unless FedEx has their own delays.
Tom Bley and OzHDHT like this.

Shawn Kelly
Panamorph, Inc.
www.panamorph.com
[email protected]
Shawn Kelly is offline  
post #47 of 55 Old 05-08-2020, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter
 
Shawn Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,013
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Kelly View Post
Yessir. All is on schedule. We have a lot of components and/or materials already in house and a pretty solid supply chain for the rest. I don't see any reasons for a delay unless FedEx has their own delays.
UPDATE: This program is on schedule for early June shipments. The current pre-order price will increase from $4,495 to $5,495 on Friday, May 22, 2020.
Tom Bley likes this.

Shawn Kelly
Panamorph, Inc.
www.panamorph.com
[email protected]
Shawn Kelly is offline  
post #48 of 55 Old 05-19-2020, 12:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tom Bley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: IL. USA
Posts: 3,471
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 966 Post(s)
Liked: 932
Hi Shawn,
Any dimensional drawings or pictures available for the DCR-C?
Tom Bley is online now  
post #49 of 55 Old 05-20-2020, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter
 
Shawn Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,013
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Should have those by end of next week.
Tom Bley likes this.

Shawn Kelly
Panamorph, Inc.
www.panamorph.com
[email protected]
Shawn Kelly is offline  
post #50 of 55 Old 05-25-2020, 09:53 PM
Member
 
Dinoco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Kelly View Post
UPDATE: This program is on schedule for early June shipments. The current pre-order price will increase from $4,495 to $5,495 on Friday, May 22, 2020.
Hi Shawn,
I am interested in Paladin-C DCR Pre-Order Program but missed your May 22nd deadline due to family emergencies. Can I please still get in on that deal?
Thanks.
Dinoco is offline  
post #51 of 55 Old 05-26-2020, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter
 
Shawn Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,013
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinoco View Post
Hi Shawn,
I am interested in Paladin-C DCR Pre-Order Program but missed your May 22nd deadline due to family emergencies. Can I please still get in on that deal?
Thanks.
Yours is not the only request. We've just changed the pricing back and will keep it there until this Friday night (May 29) to give everyone a bit more time.
OzHDHT likes this.

Shawn Kelly
Panamorph, Inc.
www.panamorph.com
[email protected]
Shawn Kelly is offline  
post #52 of 55 Old 05-27-2020, 09:25 AM
Member
 
Dinoco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does the price include XM2 bracket or its separate?
Dinoco is offline  
post #53 of 55 Old 05-27-2020, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter
 
Shawn Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,013
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 148
XM2 Attachment Kit is included.

Shawn Kelly
Panamorph, Inc.
www.panamorph.com
[email protected]
Shawn Kelly is offline  
post #54 of 55 Old 05-29-2020, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter
 
Shawn Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,013
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Just a notice - today (Friday) is the final day for the $4,495 price.

And an update ... all is still on schedule
Tom Bley likes this.

Shawn Kelly
Panamorph, Inc.
www.panamorph.com
[email protected]
Shawn Kelly is offline  
post #55 of 55 Old 05-29-2020, 04:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tom Bley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: IL. USA
Posts: 3,471
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 966 Post(s)
Liked: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Kelly View Post
Just a notice - today (Friday) is the final day for the $4,495 price.

And an update ... all is still on schedule
I have one on order but, do you have any specs or pretty pictures yet?
Tom Bley is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Panamorph 4K UltraWide Cinema

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off