Poll: Would You Go to a Movie Theater Without a COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
View Poll Results: Would You Go to a Movie Theater Without a COVID-19 Vaccine
I'll return to theaters as soon as they're open 44 19.38%
I'll return to theaters once the number of coronavirus cases has dropped significantly 34 14.98%
I'll return to theaters once a vaccine is developed 69 30.40%
I'm done with movie theaters 80 35.24%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 152Likes

post #31 of 132 Old 04-29-2020, 07:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
Recent polling has shown that the majority of Americans are hesitant to go to any large indoor gathering, such as a concert, convention or movie theater, before a vaccine for COVID-19 is developed. This poll is to ascertain under what conditions people are willing to return to commercial theaters to watch movies.
Let's get back to the OP purpose. It is interesting and important for the movie and theater industry: what it takes to get people to return to theaters in a time of pandemic Covid19.

It isn't about what it takes to get people to take or not take vaccines. The OP didn't invite debate about vaccines, conspiracy theories or -worse- bad and harmful advice to distrust doctors and vaccines. Over-the-line quote: "Do NOT trust these so called vaccines" - the post above that says that, to me, crosses the line from personal experience to dangerous conspiracy theory. But I respect the Administrator's call to allow broad ranges of opinion. My informed opinion is that quote represents a dangerously uninformed opinion, and I believe the bad health advice is insensitive to real suffering and human loss, and is off topic as well.

On topic:
I'd go back to theaters if vigorous contact tracing and testing is implemented in the local community to control spread, and theaters reconfigured seating to ensure safe social distancing. The poll asks: What would you need to feel safe enough to go back to theaters? I think that is the question posed by the OP.
imagic likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 02:48 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Mentioned: 473 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9555 Post(s)
Liked: 16967
If someone does not believe vaccines work, that's a relevant data point. Asymptomatic spreaders are already a documented phenomenon and would be a persistent risk. Imagine if some people refused to take an effective vaccine and then went to packed theaters, they'd put each other at risk.

No guarantees an effective vaccine will be found, of course. Then things could get really tough for movie theaters.

But... the premise of this post is that if a vaccine were found, it would be an effective vaccine.

If you don't think there will be an effective vaccine for COVID-19 then it's just a question of whether you're going back to theaters or not, and when.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
post #33 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 03:13 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogHD View Post
I've long preferred my home theater - it's completely dark with no signs, it's got excellent PQ, it's got great sound: dead quiet for the silent moments, never too quiet, never too loud. The movie is always just right, and the timing is always just perfect. The snacks are gourmet food, at the cost of theater popcorn, there's top-shelf drinks to go with them, and ample room all around.

What's not to like?
I like - if available - the pause button for bathroom breaks when necessary. Kudos.
CherylJosie likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 03:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1867 Post(s)
Liked: 1114
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg33 View Post
Why would I possibly take the risk of getting sick, possibly very sick, possibly dying a miserable death to watch a movie that in a few months I can stream? So my answer is no.
Because streaming a movie is not actually seeing and experiencing movie; only a theater can provide that experience.

Perhaps not worth it for something silly, but for something like a Christopher Nolan movie in IMAX from film?

I've flown across the country for that experience before, the same with seeing three-strip Cinerama at the Cinerama Dome.

But let's not fetishize vaccines too much; none are 100% effective, some much less so, so if your fear is possibly getting sick, even the availability of a vaccine won't guarantee that.

For the most part what vaccines provide is the herd immunity that makes the spread of the disease difficult; look at how measles has recently started spreading even to those who were vaccinated as the percentage of those immunized starts to drop from near 100%.

If you prefer, many people who receive the seasonal flu vaccine still get that particular strain of season flu, it's just their cases are more mild than usual.

If that's all you want from a potential COVID-19 vaccine, that's fine.

Personally I think the bigger best bet should be the option for a viable treatment; if a treatment is found that reduces COVID-19 to no more than an inconvenience (go to your doctor, get a prescription, stay home for a couple weeks) it would also reduce the threat significantly.

Last edited by kucharsk; 04-30-2020 at 03:26 AM.
post #35 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 03:37 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Its dead jim.

My local cinepolis theater cd Victoria has one tiny base unit and just a few dialog speaker s behind the screen for bad sound.

Done with cinepolis.

Denon 4k avr, diy tla Behringer nx3000 dsp Fi car audio ib318 v2 310 cubic foot concrete ib lg 4k hu70la projector.steren projector mount upgraded at diy 135 inch screen sixteen subwoofers ten inch diameter boss build .
Pending buy quality dome midrange 1240 cubic foot ib for 16 fi car audio ib318 v2 subwoofers 4 nx3000 dsp
post #36 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

I know folks here don't necessarily want to hear this, but for many families an upgrade to a 65 inch TV with a decent soundbar constitutes "home theater" (if you turn the lights out, lol.) And with the quality of streaming today, the end result is good enough to replace a commercial cinema for their purposes (entertaining the whole family with a movie).

The upgrade itself (to 65" with some sort of surround-sound) can be done now for under $1000 with a "good" result by "most" people's standards. Again, not talking AVS Forum.

My guess is the current shutdown of theaters results in a bump in sales of TVs. The increase in TV sales has already been documented, the question is what's motivating it and if it includes larger screens for movie watchers, or just secondary TVs. Big question whether once a family has made that investment, they would continue spending money on movie theaters. Of course, there are many variables in that equation.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum

Last edited by imagic; 04-30-2020 at 08:59 AM.
post #37 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 08:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
Quoted: 4448 Post(s)
Liked: 4005
Quote:
Originally Posted by kucharsk View Post
... But let's not fetishize vaccines too much; none are 100% effective, some much less so, so if your fear is possibly getting sick, even the availability of a vaccine won't guarantee that.

For the most part what vaccines provide is the herd immunity that makes the spread of the disease difficult; look at how measles has recently started spreading even to those who were vaccinated as the percentage of those immunized starts to drop from near 100%.

If you prefer, many people who receive the seasonal flu vaccine still get that particular strain of season flu, it's just their cases are more mild than usual. ...
If "more mild than usual" is the difference between being sick for a couple of weeks or dying then, yeah, I would fetishize a COVID-19 vaccine. Sickness I can handle. Dying, not so much.
post #38 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 10:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked: 735
I voted: I'm done with movie theaters

But then gain, I was done with theaters long before Corvid19.
post #39 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaelSmith View Post
I voted: I'm done with movie theaters

But then gain, I was done with theaters long before Corvid19.
+1

TV: TCL 55" 4K UHD HDR w ROKU
DENON AVR-S910W, 7.2, HDMI 2.0a, 4K UHD HDR, Upscaling, Atmos, Wi-Fi, etc. [2016]
KLIPSCH: L/R: R-51M - Ctr: RP-400C - Sub: R-100SW - POLK S-20 Surround
SPKR Wire:Windy City Wire - 16ga, 2 Cond, Twisted Pair, Shielded, Jacketed [USA]
HDMI: VANCO - 4K, 18Gbps, 2.0b, Certified --- [AT&T - Directv Sat. & DSL 100Mbps]
post #40 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 11:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1445 Post(s)
Liked: 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujuman200 View Post
You keep thinking that... BTW you have been able to chip your pets for decades now...

Juju
BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, if you can inject a grain of rice into someone through a vaccine without them noticing...sure, it'll be about the same as a chip for your pet.

More, what do you think they want to do with this chip? I mean, current technology uses a near-field-communication type device (read the link). If you think they can inject a GPS tracking device in a creature through a needle you're...well, there's a level of technological ignorance there that needs correcting before you spout another conspiracy, mmmmk?

Maybe you can start by searching "nano GPS chip" in Google and reading the myriad of results (or looking at the pretty pictures if words are too much ). You should see the current state of the art GPS chips. Chips which, by the way, are not exactly self-powered! You may find the smallest is way too big to fit in a vaccination needle! So, now what? We've managed to miniaturize them but not tell you, right? And who did that with what money and what evidence do you have that they've hooked up with vaccine companies to hide them inside? That's not even to speak of the level of technological advancement required to miniaturize a completely self-powered GPS tracker and transmitter to the point it can fit in a needle...but...you know, scared ignorance is scared.

Seriously, people that believe this stuff get under my skin. What is it? Are you too stupid to understand technology so it scares you...? Just a technophobe in general (then what are you doing here)? Don't bother to answer, I really don't care, but, if I'm being honest, the existence of clowns that spread your kind of hot trash is scarier to me than the possibility there exists a GPS device that could be injected into my body through a vaccine! Said clowns do the world more harm with their misinformed fear, too, IMO. Still want to appear as one of them?

How about, instead, keep up to date on technology and then you'll know when the time actually comes for your fear to be warranted -- I may be right there with you when it is! Oh wait, it already is and it doesn't need to be injected! Many carry around a GPS in their pocket every day and (probably) give Google and others their location at regular update intervals! Who needs a chip to do it when we did it to ourselves for the convenience of a phone! You want to be scared, be scared of that! At least while you await a version packaged into a inject-able device that doesn't, yet, exist .

Quote:
I know folks here don't necessarily want to hear this, but for many families an upgrade to a 65 inch TV with a decent soundbar constitutes "home theater" (if you turn the lights out, lol.) And with the quality of streaming today, the end result is good enough to replace a commercial cinema for their purposes (entertaining the whole family with a movie).
*snip*
I rented Trolls 2 for my daughter from Amazon and was actually disappointed. The bass was good, but the "black" bars were dark-grey! This may have been an Amazon glitch, but it bugged me that I spent $20 to look at an elevated black level the whole night. Of course, no one else cared. I tried to tune it out; I failed. It was easier the second viewing, lol. I should've rented from DirecTV, my daughter "accidentally" (yeah right) rented it from them weeks later and the bars seemed normal.

Last edited by DreamWarrior; 04-30-2020 at 11:04 AM.
post #41 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post
I rented Trolls 2 for my daughter from Amazon and was actually disappointed. The bass was good, but the "black" bars were dark-grey! This may have been an Amazon glitch, but it bugged me that I spent $20 to look at an elevated black level the whole night. Of course, no one else cared. I tried to tune it out; I failed. It was easier the second viewing, lol. I should've rented from DirecTV, my daughter "accidentally" (yeah right) rented it from them weeks later and the bars seemed normal.
Ugh, and that's happened to me as well, more than once with different movies over the years. So annoying because it's just a silly technical error. But it ruins that viewing
DreamWarrior likes this.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
post #42 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2873 Post(s)
Liked: 2928
Everyone's "chipped" in a sense.

Smartphones, IPads, PC's, cars, credit/debit cards, etc....

Sorry, I hope posters will move on to stay on (topic).

If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough – Albert Einstein
post #43 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 583 Post(s)
Liked: 359
I have a degree in Public Health and worked for 30 years as a public health administrator and then as a legislative lawyer. COVID 19 is air borne, can survive on many surfaces and is highly contagious with no current treatment or vaccine. Even with an N95 respirator and an eye shield I would prefer to avoid large gatherings until Dr. Anthony Fauci says otherwise.
--DANNY-- likes this.

Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha
Display: LG OLED 65e6p, Player: OPPO UDP-203, AVR:Yamaha TSR 7810, Streaming: Comcast 100Mbps RG6 to Cat6a, Speakers: Mains Vandersteen IIC, Center, Surrounds, Rears Klipsch
post #44 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 117
I voted "I'm done with movie theaters". I was done with them long before this virus reared its ugly head. Got my home theater setup and am more than happy never to go out in public anymore
post #45 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 11:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
Everyone's "chipped" in a sense.

Smartphones, IPads, PC's, cars, credit/debit cards, etc....

Sorry, I hope posters will move on to stay on (topic).
I didn't want to touch his post with a ten-foot poll, but there are some things I just can't let stand. Correcting that level of ignorance is something I am strongly convinced is required for a society to function well! Even if it means I have to reduce myself to their level of off-topic behavior. It's a...compulsion; one I don't think I should apologize for . I will hope there's nothing more to say on the issue...if so, I'll move it to another thread...you're right, it certainly belongs elsewhere.

He started it!
post #46 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 11:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 3325 Post(s)
Liked: 2202
Quote:
Seriously, people that believe this stuff get under my skin. What is it? Are you too stupid to understand technology so it scares you...? Just a technophobe in general (then what are you doing here)? Don't bother to answer, I really don't care, but, if I'm being honest, the existence of clowns that spread your kind of hot trash is scarier to me than the possibility there exists a GPS device that could be injected into my body through a vaccine! Said clowns do the world more harm with their misinformed fear, too, IMO. Still want to appear as one of them?

See, that's where it becomes hostile and personal, when you start calling people stupid. You need to learn how to dial it back. I get it, your an emotional sort of responder - I can be too - and THAT can be pretty scary as well. State your case, but do it without personal slams like that. It's unbecoming.
Ratman and DreamWarrior like this.

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
post #47 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 11:28 AM

Quote:
I didn't want to touch his post with a ten-foot poll, ...
Get a longer pole.

If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough – Albert Einstein
post #48 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 11:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas2 View Post
See, that's where it becomes hostile and personal, when you start calling people stupid. You need to learn how to dial it back. I get it, your an emotional sort of responder - I can be too - and THAT can be pretty scary as well. State your case, but do it without personal slams like that. It's unbecoming.
I used question marks.

Quote:
Get a longer pole.
Still needed to be addressed, IMO. The technology that scares him (or whatever it is that causes him to misinform people to the potential detriment of society) does not exist. I figure that's a pretty salient point. So, regardless the length of my pole , I'd still have posted . You think it's better to let that crap stand as a valid point or question in people's minds? I mean, maybe in this thread where it's completely off-topic, but...that's where the initial post was dropped. I am just to hope people don't see it and, possibly, believe it without any counter-post to pull them another direction? That's not in me .

That said, @Jonas2 makes a good point...if my posting style is too hostile, no one believes me either or they tune me out. I do need to work on that, but...my emotions (especially when I perceive someone doing harm through ignorance) get in the way.

Anyway, sorry guys.

Last edited by DreamWarrior; 04-30-2020 at 11:43 AM.
post #49 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 11:46 AM

A pole is (1.) a slender, rounded, long piece of wood or metal.
A poll is (1.) the process of casting votes or the number of votes cast in an election

EDIT:
I see you corrected your mistake.

Anyway.... let it go or keep it short(er).
There are many misconceptions and incorrect perceptions in these threads. You won't "fix" a fogged mind.
--DANNY-- likes this.

Last edited by Ratman; 04-30-2020 at 11:50 AM.
post #50 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 12:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
A pole is (1.) a slender, rounded, long piece of wood or metal.
A poll is (1.) the process of casting votes or the number of votes cast in an election

EDIT:
I see you corrected your mistake.

Anyway.... let it go or keep it short(er).
There are many misconceptions and incorrect perceptions in these threads. You won't "fix" a fogged mind.
I actually thought I was being funny, this being a poll and all, then decided it wasn't so edited. During the edit, however, I saw your underline and thought that, supposing it was meant to imply something else , was funnier. So, I decided to run with it, instead. However, your definition is off, it's neither wood nor metal -- but, occasionally wood-like -- perhaps a sapling .

That said, you're right...I just have such a hard time because so many people believe this crap and the last thing I want is for it to "infect" others. It's unhealthy, IMO, and dangerous. It also prevents us from moving society forward in meaningful ways through technological advancement -- something I can only assume many on this forum would welcome? Of course, I know there are sects completely against that sort of advancement -- perhaps it is their real motivation behind spreading such technological fear, uncertainty, and doubt? I guess it doesn't matter, again, we both agree it's off-topic, so...again, I apologize. Besides, I feel we probably agree, so....
post #51 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 01:06 PM

Quote:
I actually thought I was being funny, this being a poll and all, then decided it wasn't so edited. During the edit, however, I saw your underline and thought that, supposing it was meant to imply something else , was funnier. So, I decided to run with it, instead. However, your definition is off, it's neither wood nor metal -- but, occasionally wood-like -- perhaps a sapling .
If you believe it's true... sleep well.

Overthinking is not always healthy.

post #52 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

The bigger problem with a vaccine is likely to be how long it takes before one that works is actually developed.

Check out NYT opinion piece: How Long Will a Vaccine Really Take?

It suggests that we're looking at the year 2032 as an early estimate, based on the reality of developing vaccines, rather than wishful thinking about accelerated timelines.

Obviously movie theaters cannot wait that long for some sort of solution or resolution.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
post #53 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Obviously movie theaters cannot wait that long for some sort of solution or resolution.
To be honest, Theaters have been dying for a long time now long before the Virus close downs. Here in NYC we have only a fraction of Theaters left than in the past.
I've experienced it first hand. In my area, we use to have Dozens of local theaters back in the 70's. Big screens too mind you not your tiny multiplex ones. Though,
they did try to survive by splitting up the theaters into smaller screens. That didn't work either. Actually it was probably what did them in with the expense of more projectors, screens, seats etc..
Not to mention the increasing ticket prices.

Through the 80's and 90's they all but vanished and all that was left were midtown theaters for the most part. Even those have dwindled to just a few. We lost the Lowes Astor Plaza back in the 90's. It was at the time the largest seating movie theater here in NYC. I saw the Original Star Wars there many times.

The next largest was the Ziegfeld Theater which we lost back in early 2016 when Star Wars The Force Awakens ended its run there. I was blackmailed by my nephew to see that one . I wanted nothing to do with it. But out of respect and him wanting a family outing I went. I saw Ralph Bakshi's Lord of the Rings Animated there in its first run. Close Encounters, Pink Floyd the Wall and Jurassic park to name a few. Great times at that theater.

IMO all this virus did was hasten what was inevitable anyway. Comic and Book stores are in the same pickle.

Last edited by magnification; 04-30-2020 at 02:08 PM.
post #54 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 1661 Post(s)
Liked: 2312
Quote:
The bigger problem with a vaccine is likely to be how long it takes before one that works is actually developed.

Check out NYT opinion piece: How Long Will a Vaccine Really Take?

It suggests that we're looking at the year 2032 as an early estimate, based on the reality of developing vaccines, rather than wishful thinking about accelerated timelines.

Nor can hundreds of thousands of small business owners.

Art
Jive Turkey and magnification like this.
post #55 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post
Nor can hundreds of thousands of small business owners.

Art
There was a report here about this small business owner (think it was a wedding dress store) she wants to open back up. She not only has to deal with the business being closed but she's receiving a lot of cancellations and refund requests. On top of that, she's battling with her employees getting them to come back to work. In her words, "They don't want to come back right now because they are making a lot more being on unemployment than sweating away at work.
post #56 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 1661 Post(s)
Liked: 2312
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnification View Post
There was a report here about this small business owner (think it was a wedding dress store) she wants to open back up. She not only has to deal with the business being closed but she's receiving a lot of cancellations and refund requests. On top of that, she's battling with her employees getting them to come back to work. In her words, "They don't want to come back right now because they are making a lot more being on unemployment than sweating away at work.
Some of the stuff that is going on right now is so economically unsustainable I'm flabbergasted frankly.

On a note about theater closure when I went to LA for a convention last May I asked the tour guide to take us to the Bradbury building. Great experience but the area down that street had I'm guessing close to twenty theater marquees protruding out into the street I think one of them was a theater still. Just brought tears to my eyes. I know that theater attendance peaked before television but I think what really did them in was the advent of home video in the 70s when one for the first time could watch movies in ones home at ones convenience, Prior to that it was really old films shown on Saturday afternoons, the horror pics on Saturday night or the movie of the week on the networks.

Art
magnification likes this.
post #57 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 02:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 230
I can't remember the last time I was in a movie theater. It has been many decades. Ever since I could rent movies on VHS, that was it. Home theater all the way. I've been at it for many, many years!
post #58 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post
Some of the stuff that is going on right now is so economically unsustainable I'm flabbergasted frankly.

On a note about theater closure when I went to LA for a convention last May I asked the tour guide to take us to the Bradbury building. Great experience but the area down that street had I'm guessing close to twenty theater marquees protruding out into the street I think one of them was a theater still. Just brought tears to my eyes. I know that theater attendance peaked before television but I think what really did them in was the advent of home video in the 70s when one for the first time could watch movies in ones home at ones convenience, Prior to that it was really old films shown on Saturday afternoons, the horror pics on Saturday night or the movie of the week on the networks.

Art
It's as if almost some wanted this to happen to our economy.

Yeah, forgot about the aspect of VHS impact on theaters as well along with the later physical media.

Oooo the Bradbury. Always wanted to see that building ever since seeing it in Bladerunner. Looks like a fun place to live (not being sarcastic either). Years later on TV I was watching this old movie that had that building in it as well. Don't remember the movie off hand though it was so long ago.

I was walking around 60 something street on 2nd ave back in early fall and noticed another theater that had closed. Should have taken a pic of it. I'll start doing that to record the continue closings of theaters. While writing this I was curious again to find out what happened to it: https://patch.com/new-york/upper-eas...pper-east-side

Another issue Theaters have to battle in cost are the rents. I'm going to guess that's what happened to the Beekman and a lot of other closings.
Art Sonneborn likes this.

Last edited by magnification; 04-30-2020 at 02:57 PM.
post #59 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 04:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 50
I refuse to be vaccinated, especially with Bill Gates behind them and funding.

Screw these Satanic sickos and their agendas.
--DANNY-- and jackbuzz like this.

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

post #60 of 132 Old 04-30-2020, 04:38 PM

Oh my.
imagic and bmcn like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Coronavirus Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page