New Englanders? MA, CT, NH, ME, RI? - Page 9 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #241 of 280 Old 07-05-2013, 08:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Thought ill bump up this thread to see if there's interest for another meetup this summer/fall?

My HT Setup
My Blu-Rays
PSN Id:blitz500

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 280 Old 10-09-2013, 02:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I figure there couldn't be a better spot for my first post. I have been a member of the forum for a while now but I finally found that there are people in my area (sort of) that do this thing we all have some level of addiction to, called HT. Maine has vary few people on the forum, that I have seen anyway, so pulling New England to gather for more than just a Sox game sounds good to me. BTW: Sox own the east!
post #243 of 280 Old 10-26-2015, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 13
To bad this area does not seem to have an active community. It would be fantastic to go to a meet up and checkout some real gear. As a new enthusiast it might prove to be incredibly motivating to hear some proper gear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 280 Old 11-18-2016, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 74
bump for my New England AVS'ers....with winter coming might be time to do some meet ups....any interested?..I can host or would be willing to travel to see other set ups

"although he walks among us, he is not one of us"
post #245 of 280 Old 11-26-2016, 10:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 311
Welcome to this very underused thread. I tried a few times to get this going. I hosted one event 3 years ago but only had 3 members from new york state attend. It was still great time. I also went to an event near boston about 4 or 5 years ago. I would be very interested in hosting or attending an event. Lets see who else chimes in.

Dolby Atmos 7.2.4 Yamaha CX-A5200 Gemstone 200x7 Emotiva upa-500 amps
Oppo 103 panasonic ub820 Ultra HD Blu-ray Jvc RS3000 projector
Eulenvusion 130 2.35 screen Golden Ear Triton 5 L&R
super center XXL triton 7's sides Emotiva T1 rears
4 RSL C34 in ceiling SVS PB2-plus sub SVS PC13 ultra sub
post #246 of 280 Old 11-26-2016, 08:10 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Gerry Lemay and I would love to attend one of these events with you guys. Please, let us know the details. Thanks!

Shawn Byrne
CEDIA Certified Professional EST II - HAA, THX.
Theater Design Information and Examples

[email protected]
[email protected]
post #247 of 280 Old 05-11-2017, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Just a heads up to folks in this thread- I will be hosting a GTG in Massachusetts on June 3rd. Rob and Lee from Next Level Acoustics have graciously offered to bring some of their products for demo, and Jeff from JTR Speakers will be in attendance as well. Please shoot me a PM if you are interested in attending; there is a lot of interest and a hard cap so limited spots remain. I'll be creating a separate dedicated GTG thread sometime soon.

Thanks!
Ryan
Modicen likes this.

Buy my awesome gear so I can buy more awesome gear! ...please...
Will get around to listing soon, PM me if interested: barely used Crest Audio CC4000 Amplifier, Crown XTI 2002 Amplifier, barely used Emotiva Basx A-500 Amplifier
post #248 of 280 Old 08-07-2017, 06:03 PM
Mod & Bluray Reviewer

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 501
post #249 of 280 Old 01-04-2018, 10:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 57
it doesn't seem like there are a lot of HT fans in the new england area due to Bose being headquartered in Framingham, MA hahahah

i'm only half joking.... almost everyone i know swears by their bose.

aaanyways. i'm looking for someone who has DIY custom built subs. i'm v. interested in upgrading to some solution like that... but would like to hear it in person if possible

i suppose i could host except my gear is terrible and more than decades old =P. or we could all congregate at a AV store?

i host a silent film podcast here:
https://anchor.fm/watchingsilentfilms
^that or everywhere podcasts are found. or find out where else here:
https://watchingsilentfilms.wordpress.com/
post #250 of 280 Old 01-10-2018, 05:58 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFonger View Post
it doesn't seem like there are a lot of HT fans in the new england area due to Bose being headquartered in Framingham, MA hahahah

i'm only half joking.... almost everyone i know swears by their bose.

aaanyways. i'm looking for someone who has DIY custom built subs. i'm v. interested in upgrading to some solution like that... but would like to hear it in person if possible

i suppose i could host except my gear is terrible and more than decades old =P. or we could all congregate at a AV store?
I recently built a pair of semi DIY 18" subs using the Parts Express flat packs, Dayton Audio RSS460HO-4 subs and an iNuke 6000DSP amp. I am still working to properly integrate them into my set up with an existing Velodyne HGS15 sub.

I would be happy to demo for you if your interested. Not sure how I feel about these yet. I have some complexities in getting them properly dialed in due to only dual subs out on Denon X4300 and can't use MiniDSP due to major RF interference issues.
post #251 of 280 Old 01-10-2018, 06:04 AM
Advanced Member

Talking

that sounds like a meet to me! will this be like the first new england meet? hahahaah not sure if all previous efforts have resulted in a meet yet

i am super interested in investing in DIY... but similar to your route... the "IKEA" DIY route, not from scratch. would be interested in how it performs below 20Hz and cost too.

if you're ready, please let us here in this post and we'll see how many others we can wrangle... but my guess is small.... seems like there aren't a lot of AVS folks in new england

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Walsh View Post
I recently built a pair of semi DIY 18" subs using the Parts Express flat packs, Dayton Audio RSS460HO-4 subs and an iNuke 6000DSP amp. I am still working to properly integrate them into my set up with an existing Velodyne HGS15 sub.

I would be happy to demo for you if your interested. Not sure how I feel about these yet. I have some complexities in getting them properly dialed in due to only dual subs out on Denon X4300 and can't use MiniDSP due to major RF interference issues.

post #252 of 280 Old 01-10-2018, 06:21 AM

I think there was one previously where Quest and even JTR speakers were involved if I remember correctly. @Mfusick was also part of it.
Anyway, sure, I am ready. It's a work in progress and a bit of a mess as we just installed new carpeting and I am updating all the AV components as well as its a dual purpose family room so nothing impressive (:

Quote:
that sounds like a meet to me! will this be like the first new england meet? hahahaah not sure if all previous efforts have resulted in a meet yet

i am super interested in investing in DIY... but similar to your route... the "IKEA" DIY route, not from scratch. would be interested in how it performs below 20Hz and cost too.

if you're ready, please let us here in this post and we'll see how many others we can wrangle... but my guess is small.... seems like there aren't a lot of AVS folks in new england
post #253 of 280 Old 01-10-2018, 06:34 AM
Advanced Member

do we need to create a post dedicated to the meet... or does this one work? i assume those who're in new england that is serious about local meets will subscribe to this thread no?

Quote:
I think there was one previously where Quest and even JTR speakers were involved if I remember correctly. @Mfusick was also part of it.
Anyway, sure, I am ready. It's a work in progress and a bit of a mess as we just installed new carpeting and I am updating all the AV components as well as its a dual purpose family room so nothing impressive (:

post #254 of 280 Old 01-10-2018, 07:41 AM

Hard to say. From the looks of this thread, we are not an active bunch, however, I know there MUST be a whole bunch of HT enthusiasts here in New England. We are stuck inside all winter. Seems like a good time to enjoy indoor activities like HT, football, beer & wine tasting etc. (:

Quote:
do we need to create a post dedicated to the meet... or does this one work? i assume those who're in new england that is serious about local meets will subscribe to this thread no?
post #255 of 280 Old 01-10-2018, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

agreed. the thing is though winter's the best time for these meets because when the weather gets warmer... people head to the beaches... they dont wanna be staying indoors hahaha .

so we should strike while the iron is hot. i'll ask around to see what to do to make a meet 'official' avs style.

Quote:
Hard to say. From the looks of this thread, we are not an active bunch, however, I know there MUST be a whole bunch of HT enthusiasts here in New England. We are stuck inside all winter. Seems like a good time to enjoy indoor activities like HT, football, beer & wine tasting etc. (:

post #256 of 280 Old 01-10-2018, 01:12 PM

There's actually been a few GTGs, we only did official GTG threads on AVS for one or two of them though. I've hosted a few now, and others in MA have as well. I've been busy lately but shoot me a PM and I can give you a decent list of folks interested in the next GTG.

Will get around to listing soon, PM me if interested: barely used Crest Audio CC4000 Amplifier, Crown XTI 2002 Amplifier, barely used Emotiva Basx A-500 Amplifier
post #257 of 280 Old 01-19-2018, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member

hey Mike, what's the max capacity you'd want to have folks over? also you want us to bring content or you've got enough stuff over there.

and also, how does Feb sometime sound? mid to late?

Quote:

@ryan s ending you a direct message

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryansboston View Post
There's actually been a few GTGs, we only did official GTG threads on AVS for one or two of them though. I've hosted a few now, and others in MA have as well. I've been busy lately but shoot me a PM and I can give you a decent list of folks interested in the next GTG.

post #258 of 280 Old 01-22-2018, 06:00 AM

I think up to around 12ish would be fine I think.
I would suggest folks use the content they know well when they want to evaluate something in the AV world.
I have a decent selection but I would suggest folks to bring what they know and like.

Also, just to set the stage here so folks know what to expect, this is a decent sized dual purpose family room that has not been treated in any way yet. Having recently updated, I do have some ok equipment and hearty enthusiasm but this is far from a well planned out, dedicated theater room.
I just updated my equipment list but here it is as well:

7.2.4 system in 26x16 room, Denon AVR x4300H, Oppo 203, Epson 5040ub projector, 106" screen, Panny 65" ST plasma, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower w/ RAAL tweeter for mains, Ascend Horizon w/ RAAL tweeter center, Ascend CBM-170SE for surrounds, (4) SVS Elevation for Atmos, Velodyne HGS 15 sub, 2 DIY 18 subs powered by NU6000DSP, Buttkicker LFE and Buttkicker 1000 amp.

February is fairly open for me so really, any time....

Quote:
hey Mike, what's the max capacity you'd want to have folks over? also you want us to bring content or you've got enough stuff over there.

and also, how does Feb sometime sound? mid to late?

@ryan s ending you a direct message
post #259 of 280 Old 02-04-2018, 12:32 PM

I’d also be interested in attending this one and also possibly hosting a meet myself..if anyone is interested in hearing my setup.....my room is mostly done now

I have room for 12 comfortably and more if I use my overflow seating...

I am one of those guys that run mult channels for each row of seating...so if anyone wanted to hear that kind of setup it might be interesting. I am running 22 speakers and 10k watts over various amp setups

120” screen
Sony 40es pj
Klipsch thx ultra 2 lcr
Paradigm Millenia 30’s x 4 (rear surrounds)
Paradigm Millenia 20’s x 6 ( surrounds)
Klipsch cdt5800 ii x6 (atmos)
SVS ultra 13
SVS pb12plus 2
Marantz av7703
Parasound a51
Emotiva a700
Emotiva xpa5
Sunfire grand cinema amp
Outlaw m2200’s

Last edited by hv9200; 02-08-2018 at 02:21 PM.
post #260 of 280 Old 02-04-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hv9200 View Post
I’d also be interested in attending this one and also possibly hosting a meet myself..if anyone is interested in hearing my setup.....my room is mostly done now

I am one of those goys that run mult channels for each row of seating...so if anyone wanted to hear that kind of setup it might be interesting. I am running 22 speakers and 10k watts over various amp setups

120” screen
Sony 40es pj
Klipsch thx ultra 2 lcr
SVS ultra 13
SVS pb12plus 2
Marantz av7703
Parasound a51
Emotiva a700
Emotiva xpa5
Sunfire grand cinema amp
Outlaw m2200’s
Pics of room
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A0A3C0E3-7CA6-4934-9315-81B283DA0318.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	2356226   Click image for larger version

Name:	94ADC2AD-14B0-4DFF-8348-7D404BCE9B8C.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	2356228  

post #261 of 280 Old 02-08-2018, 06:52 AM

Quote:
I think up to around 12ish would be fine I think.
I would suggest folks use the content they know well when they want to evaluate something in the AV world.
I have a decent selection but I would suggest folks to bring what they know and like.

Also, just to set the stage here so folks know what to expect, this is a decent sized dual purpose family room that has not been treated in any way yet. Having recently updated, I do have some ok equipment and hearty enthusiasm but this is far from a well planned out, dedicated theater room.
I just updated my equipment list but here it is as well:

7.2.4 system in 26x16 room, Denon AVR x4300H, Oppo 203, Epson 5040ub projector, 106" screen, Panny 65" ST plasma, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower w/ RAAL tweeter for mains, Ascend Horizon w/ RAAL tweeter center, Ascend CBM-170SE for surrounds, (4) SVS Elevation for Atmos, Velodyne HGS 15 sub, 2 DIY 18 subs powered by NU6000DSP, Buttkicker LFE and Buttkicker 1000 amp.

February is fairly open for me so really, any time....
@Mike Walsh , @JediFonger : any update on this? Would like to get something together to plan ahead.

Quote:

I am one of those goys that run mult channels for each row of seating...so if anyone wanted to hear that kind of setup it might be interesting. I am running 22 speakers and 10k watts over various amp setups

120” screen
Sony 40es pj
Klipsch thx ultra 2 lcr
SVS ultra 13
SVS pb12plus 2
Marantz av7703
Parasound a51
Emotiva a700
Emotiva xpa5
Sunfire grand cinema amp
Outlaw m2200’s
Nice set up! Sent you a PM..

post #262 of 280 Old 02-08-2018, 06:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Cool! Interested as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #263 of 280 Old 02-08-2018, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryansboston View Post
@Mike Walsh , @JediFonger : any update on this?
i *JUST* sent somn out. sorry my life is so busy lol. thanks again for stayin on top of this! looking fwd to meeting some of you! and eventually all of you!

post #264 of 280 Old 02-08-2018, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

Talking

i'd be interested in hearing a SVS in person finally

keep me in the loop if you do end up hosting.

Quote:
Pics of room

post #265 of 280 Old 02-08-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
i'd be interested in hearing a SVS in person finally

keep me in the loop if you do end up hosting.
I can do mid march, I am having a group over the 17th of Feb (NON AVS Group) but already have a dozen attending..

If anyone does one sooner, let me know otherwise i will nail a Saturday down 1st week of March for a meet soon after..

post #266 of 280 Old 02-08-2018, 02:43 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I'm from agawam mass, I would love to attend and see and hear other audio. Depending on the date I may be able to go, I have surgery this monday coming up. Hopefully I will recover fast enough lol
post #267 of 280 Old 02-12-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:

I am one of those guys that run mult channels for each row of seating...so if anyone wanted to hear that kind of setup it might be interesting. I am running 22 speakers and 10k watts over various amp setups

120” screen
Sony 40es pj
Klipsch thx ultra 2 lcr
SVS ultra 13
SVS pb12plus 2
Marantz av7703
Parasound a51
Emotiva a700
Emotiva xpa5
Sunfire grand cinema amp
Outlaw m2200’s
Ok, HV9200's room and gear looks like a lot more fun than my setup!!!
I vote we move it there (:
March is relatively open for me so lets nail down a date... Obviously a Friday or Saturday night....
post #268 of 280 Old 05-01-2018, 04:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So did this ever happen or is it yet to be scheduled?
post #269 of 280 Old 05-02-2018, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaneef View Post
So did this ever happen or is it yet to be scheduled?
Apparently we didn't have enough motivation to make it happen

I have been busy designing a solar system for my house and trying to get around all of the red tape that Massachusetts and my local community keep throwing in my way. I survive the winters here by getting into a good size project (:
post #270 of 280 Old 05-08-2018, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Apparently we didn't have enough motivation to make it happen

I have been busy designing a solar system for my house and trying to get around all of the red tape that Massachusetts and my local community keep throwing in my way. I survive the winters here by getting into a good size project (:
So are still open to hosting? If so why don’t you pick a date that works and let’s see who we can entice-would love to meet mfusick after all these years as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Area Home Theater Meets

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page