Hellllo northeast o.h.i.o members - Page 62 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 209Likes

post #1831 of 2435 Old 05-21-2019, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Wow Ron, you're selling off all the equipment. Are you upgrading, changing direction, or getting out of the HT scene for a while?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1832 of 2435 Old 05-21-2019, 04:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1211 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Getting out for a while. It's a shame but even though I had all this awesome equipment I still wasn't satisfied with it anymore. It was so good sounding but I would hardly ever listen to it. I only watched maybe 3 full movies on the system since I got the room done. I just got burnt out on it all. It's a shame really. But it is what it is.

Ron

65" LG B8 Oled,Emotiva RMC1L Processor, Digital Amp Co. 5 and 4 Cherry King amplifiers, Dish Net Hopper, Panasonic UB 820, Sotm SMS 200 ultra Neo and SPS 500 power supply, Rythmik E15HP SE sub, Aerial 6t mains, Aerial 5T surrounds, Aerial cc3B center, ISO Acoustics under all the Aerials 4 Goldenear HTR 7000 ceiling speakers for Atmos All in a dedicated theater with bass traps in all corners and soffits.
post #1833 of 2435 Old 05-21-2019, 07:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Well Ron I can understand what you are saying. Don't be a stranger...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1834 of 2435 Old 05-22-2019, 04:36 AM

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Wow Ron, I just got back from vacation and to see this.......I am stunned.

But hey, if you can recoup most of the cash to use for other pursuits that better serve, more power to you!

Often times we pour our efforts into things we think will bring us satisfaction, yet once we reach that "goal" we find that the satisfaction we thought would happen is really a carrot dangling on a string!

Stay in touch!

HT - 5.2.2 ATMOS With: Klipsch DS Series In-wall/In-ceiling Speakers|2x Rythmik LV12F|Denon AVR-X3300W|Sony UBP-X800|Sony XBR-85X900F|AppleTV 4K
Music - 2.1: Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2EX|Rythmik 12" Sealed Direct Servo Sub|Adcom GFA-5500 With LX-Elite mod by Musical Concepts|Parasound Halo P5|Cambridge Audio ID100 Digital Dock|Audio by Van Alstine Humdinger
post #1835 of 2435 Old 05-22-2019, 07:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

You are exactly right. That's how I felt. I used to have dreams back in the day about unobtainable high end equipment. It would be amazing. The equipment would be set up in the woods where I would play when I was a kid. All the dream gear was there on display and it was so vivid. I would wake up in such a good mood. But when I finally had it for some reason it just wasn't what I thought it would be. That's why I kept buying and selling. But none of it made a difference. I just never felt the way I should after finally obtaining my dream system. That's when I knew. I just kept putting it off not knowing what I wanted to do as a hobby anymore. I love the water and have wanted a boat for a long time but with such expensive gear sitting in my house and being in debt from that it just wasn't feasible. So I finally just put two and two together and realized that this hobby wasn't satisfying me anymore. It might just be time to move on. I was worried at first that I might get depressed but really it has been a weight lifted off my shoulders. The more I sell the more I pay off my credit cards. I will almost be debt free after it's all gone. I was actually paying over 900$ a month for this stuff on credit cards. Most was zero interest but the big ones were ending soon. The ones that the promotion had ended on we're going to kill me. It's not that I couldn't afford it. It's just that I didn't want to have to afford it. And when it's all said and done I will just be relieved. It is going to feel good. My wife has been a saint. But has secretly been stressed out over the whole thing because she promised me when we downsized I would get my dream system. And she let me get it. I just had to wake up and realize that the stress that came with it was not worth it. And the fact I was never really satisfied with it really made it a no brainer. But sometimes it takes me a while. Lol

And yes I already know boats are expensive to have. But I am looking to pay about 200$ a month on a FIXED rate loan. That's a far cry from 900$ with the interest going up soon. I was potentially going to be paying over 1,000 a month. That is more than we are paying for our house. WOW!

Ron

65" LG B8 Oled,Emotiva RMC1L Processor, Digital Amp Co. 5 and 4 Cherry King amplifiers, Dish Net Hopper, Panasonic UB 820, Sotm SMS 200 ultra Neo and SPS 500 power supply, Rythmik E15HP SE sub, Aerial 6t mains, Aerial 5T surrounds, Aerial cc3B center, ISO Acoustics under all the Aerials 4 Goldenear HTR 7000 ceiling speakers for Atmos All in a dedicated theater with bass traps in all corners and soffits.
post #1836 of 2435 Old 05-22-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhale64L7 View Post
You are exactly right. That's how I felt. I used to have dreams back in the day about unobtainable high end equipment. It would be amazing. The equipment would be set up in the woods where I would play when I was a kid. All the dream gear was there on display and it was so vivid. I would wake up in such a good mood. But when I finally had it for some reason it just wasn't what I thought it would be. That's why I kept buying and selling. But none of it made a difference. I just never felt the way I should after finally obtaining my dream system. That's when I knew. I just kept putting it off not knowing what I wanted to do as a hobby anymore. I love the water and have wanted a boat for a long time but with such expensive gear sitting in my house and being in debt from that it just wasn't feasible. So I finally just put two and two together and realized that this hobby wasn't satisfying me anymore. It might just be time to move on. I was worried at first that I might get depressed but really it has been a weight lifted off my shoulders. The more I sell the more I pay off my credit cards. I will almost be debt free after it's all gone. I was actually paying over 900$ a month for this stuff on credit cards. Most was zero interest but the big ones were ending soon. The ones that the promotion had ended on we're going to kill me. It's not that I couldn't afford it. It's just that I didn't want to have to afford it. And when it's all said and done I will just be relieved. It is going to feel good. My wife has been a saint. But has secretly been stressed out over the whole thing because she promised me when we downsized I would get my dream system. And she let me get it. I just had to wake up and realize that the stress that came with it was not worth it. And the fact I was never really satisfied with it really made it a no brainer. But sometimes it takes me a while. Lol

And yes I already know boats are expensive to have. But I am looking to pay about 200$ a month on a FIXED rate loan. That's a far cry from 900$ with the interest going up soon. I was potentially going to be paying over 1,000 a month. That is more than we are paying for our house. WOW!

Ron

And everyone said.......Amen, brother!
rhale64L7 likes this.
post #1837 of 2435 Old 05-22-2019, 03:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

So Ron are you going to have some kind of minimal system at home for music? Not questioning your thought process, just curious.

post #1838 of 2435 Old 05-22-2019, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_bartman View Post
So Ron are you going to have some kind of minimal system at home for music? Not questioning your thought process, just curious.
I will at some point. Right now it will be my Alexa and my sound bar

Ron
g_bartman likes this.

post #1839 of 2435 Old 05-22-2019, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I am a bit surprised but I understand. I did a bunch of open track and autocross over a 20 year period and then lost interest a few years ago. Its always best to move on if the interest is gone or its keeping you from enjoying something else.
post #1840 of 2435 Old 05-22-2019, 06:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp85gt View Post
I am a bit surprised but I understand. I did a bunch of open track and autocross over a 20 year period and then lost interest a few years ago. Its always best to move on if the interest is gone or its keeping you from enjoying something else.
Yep that's how I was feeling. I was hoping Axpona would rekindle it. Bit it really didn't and I realized I was just going through the same routine. I was buying 4100$ worth of new amps and wasn't even excited. I sold off my other amp for all channels except my main two and didn't even miss it. That's when I realized it really had run it's course. It's been a long run maybe someday I will be back usually I do. I have done this two other times. But this is the first time it has been for me. The others were I was interested more in what my son was doing and helped fund it. So this may really be it. Who knows.

Ron
g_bartman and David Charles like this.

post #1841 of 2435 Old 05-26-2019, 05:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

A big thank you to Ron for giving me a very good deal on his seats AND helping me to move them. I now have a new level of comfort in the ht and as I get older, it is a very good thing :-)

post #1842 of 2435 Old 05-26-2019, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
A big thank you to Ron for giving me a very good deal on his seats AND helping me to move them. I now have a new level of comfort in the ht and as I get older, it is a very good thing :-)
I am glad you like them Gregg. I sure did. Just couldn't see keeping them for that room. Just going to Gig Lots and getting some cheaper furniture for the room so we can open it up

Ron

post #1843 of 2435 Old 05-28-2019, 05:36 AM

I'll add a big thank you to Ron as well, for allowing me to audition those digital Cherry mono amps in my system before he sells them!

Almost got myself in hot water with those trying to figure out a way to buy them. My wife had to knock some sense into me as I have some current bills to take care of.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul was not a good strategy!

They are amazing little amps though. Whomever does end up with them will be very happy!
post #1844 of 2435 Old 05-29-2019, 04:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked: 1888
My June 15th GTG has to be rescheduled for another date. My new IPAL subs are not schedule to be built and picked up for another 2 weeks and I originally thought I would have them well calibrated and set up by the time the 15th rolled around. Stay tuned for a new date sometime in August!

Dave
post #1845 of 2435 Old 05-29-2019, 06:14 AM

Dave,
Who is the manufacturer of those subs? Is IPAL a technology or the company?

HT - 5.2.2 ATMOS With: Klipsch DS Series In-wall/In-ceiling Speakers|2x Rythmik LV12F|Denon AVR-X3300W|Sony UBP-X800|Sony XBR-85X900F|AppleTV 4K
Music - 2.1: Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2EX|Rythmik 12" Sealed Direct Servo Sub|Adcom GFA-5500 With LX-Elite mod by Musical Concepts|Parasound Halo P5|Cambridge Audio ID100 Digital Dock|Audio by Van Alstine Humdinger
post #1846 of 2435 Old 05-29-2019, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked: 1888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy_Z View Post
Dave,
Who is the manufacturer of those subs? Is IPAL a technology or the company?
PSA (Powersound Audio) out of Youngstown. The IPAL sub driver is made by B&C out of Italy and is arguably the best PA sub on the planet. Insane thermal capabilities and sound quality. I have 2 dual 18" subs being made right now and I get them in about 2 weeks. Im stoked!

Dave
post #1847 of 2435 Old 05-29-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Charles View Post
PSA (Powersound Audio) out of Youngstown. The IPAL sub driver is made by B&C out of Italy and is arguably the best PA sub on the planet. Insane thermal capabilities and sound quality. I have 2 dual 18" subs being made right now and I get them in about 2 weeks. Im stoked!

Dave

Wow! At any point during your decision to go with these did the word "OVERKILL" enter your mind? LOL!

Better have a structural engineer go over your home!
post #1848 of 2435 Old 05-29-2019, 08:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'll add a big thank you to Ron as well, for allowing me to audition those digital Cherry mono amps in my system before he sells them!

Almost got myself in hot water with those trying to figure out a way to buy them. My wife had to knock some sense into me as I have some current bills to take care of.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul was not a good strategy!

They are amazing little amps though. Whomever does end up with them will be very happy!
Thank you Eddy for the kind words. I am glad you like them. But I know sometimes we have to curb our appetite. I am hoping you still can be happy with what you have. I will come over and here them on your speakers.

And David sorry to here about your subs. I know all to well how that goes. But you will have them soon enough.

Ron

post #1849 of 2435 Old 05-29-2019, 08:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 2240 Post(s)
Liked: 2492
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Charles View Post
My June 15th GTG has to be rescheduled for another date. My new IPAL subs are not schedule to be built and picked up for another 2 weeks and I originally thought I would have them well calibrated and set up by the time the 15th rolled around. Stay tuned for a new date sometime in August!

Dave
Sorry to hear - but if it is in August I may be able to make it.
post #1850 of 2435 Old 06-02-2019, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Ron,

It's always good to be able to deal with having and not having A/V, because at the end of the day.....it's about being able to stop and smell the roses instead of spending time with minor tweaks. If it looks good and sounds good to you and the family that's all the matters. Good luck in where ever you land in the hobby.
rhale64L7 likes this.

tony4k
post #1851 of 2435 Old 06-12-2019, 06:37 AM

!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Road Trip!.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	2579080  
rhale64L7 likes this.
post #1852 of 2435 Old 06-23-2019, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Hello Paradigm speaker owners or to whom have heard the latest line.........what are you guys thoughts about the Paradigm Premier 800F speakers. My AVR is the Anthem MRX 510, so they should fit right in with their stable mate.

tony4k
post #1853 of 2435 Old 06-23-2019, 10:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I haven't heard them. Wish I could help

Ron

post #1854 of 2435 Old 06-23-2019, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I just wanted to say that I finally got out to Eddy Z's house. I wanted to say beautiful home first. And wow his little Ascend Sierra 2's with the sub sound absolutely incredible with my little Cherry Amps. Unfortunately I couldn't stay to hear them with his Adcom. But I was extremely impressed with the sound. If I ever get back into the hobby I will seriously consider a five speaker system with all five being those. I had a great time Eddy. And you guys really need to hear it.

Ron

post #1855 of 2435 Old 06-24-2019, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhale64L7 View Post
I just wanted to say that I finally got out to Eddy Z's house. I wanted to say beautiful home first. And wow his little Ascend Sierra 2's with the sub sound absolutely incredible with my little Cherry Amps. Unfortunately I couldn't stay to hear them with his Adcom. But I was extremely impressed with the sound. If I ever get back into the hobby I will seriously consider a five speaker system with all five being those. I had a great time Eddy. And you guys really need to hear it.

Ron

Thanks for the nice words Ron, much appreciated.

It was great to finally have you over. Sorry to see those Cherry amps leave the house, just couldn't swing buying them at this point. I hope you have success selling them, someone will be getting a helluva deal on some great amps.

I LOVE my Sierra-2's. I'm glad you got to experience what is usually only my experience as my wife doesn't even come upstairs! It's nice to get someone else's perspective, especially someone who has owned some really awesome equipment. I think the Sierra line of speakers offers some of the greatest bang for the buck out there. There is also the Sierra tower with the RAAL ribbon tweeter. It uses a larger RAAL with a dedicated midrange and 2 woofers. That would be my only "upgrade" if I ever decide to move from bookshelves to floor standers.

I am exhausted from the weekend. We threw a going away party yesterday for my stepdaughter who leaves for Australia Wednesday on a 1 year work Visa. The prep was exhausting and caused some anxiety in the house, but the party was awesome and we had a great time!
rhale64L7 and g_bartman like this.

post #1856 of 2435 Old 06-29-2019, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Hey guys......I have a audio question for you guys. A very good friend traded be a pair Paradigm Premier 800F, and a pair of Premier 100B's for my front 3 speakers. My question is should I try a dual center setup with the 100B bookself speakers or sell them and get the 600C center?

tony4k
post #1857 of 2435 Old 06-30-2019, 07:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbase1 View Post
Hey guys......I have a audio question for you guys. A very good friend traded be a pair Paradigm Premier 800F, and a pair of Premier 100B's for my front 3 speakers. My question is should I try a dual center setup with the 100B bookself speakers or sell them and get the 600C center?
I would definitely sell them for a 600C

post #1858 of 2435 Old 06-30-2019, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I would definitely sell them for a 600C
The more I read about going dual speaker center channel I think by the time I buy the amp that's stable at 4 ohms, I might as well sell the 100B's and add what I would be spending in another Amp to fund the 600C. I'll box the 100B's, and run Phantom center until then. By the way 1 100B sound really nice, but I like a 3 way front three vs 2-2 ways, and 1-1 way.

tony4k
post #1859 of 2435 Old 07-10-2019, 05:10 AM

Just checking in to see if everyone is quietly enjoying their A/V systems!

No news is good news, right?

post #1860 of 2435 Old 07-10-2019, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Just checking in to see if everyone is quietly enjoying their A/V systems!

No news is good news, right?
I'm doing a little rack change out with my Linn system. My upstairs den had a TV with stand, and I'm now getting rid of the TV and going with a stand for music and reading only room. Love the Linn sound.

tony4k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Area Home Theater Meets

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page