Kansas City Area Home Theater Meets and Movie Night Events! - Page 182 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2325Likes

post #5431 of 7903 Old 03-30-2017, 07:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma722 View Post
Looks like there is another movie theater deal:

https://slickdeals.net/f/9985556-buy...visa-check-out

I grabbed a pair of tickets for Ghost in the Shell for Friday at 8PM Town Center Prime. Another movie that probably won't be that good (haven't checked reviews if there are any yet), but I'll see it on a deal, especially in prime
Thanks for the heads up! Snagged mine for Ghost in the Shell at 8PM on Saturday at Town Center Prime.

Reviews are ranging from "not half-bad and stunning to look at" to, "Hey, it's pretty darn good."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5432 of 7903 Old 03-30-2017, 10:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 1115 Post(s)
Liked: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirpie View Post
Thanks for the heads up! Snagged mine for Ghost in the Shell at 8PM on Saturday at Town Center Prime.

Reviews are ranging from "not half-bad and stunning to look at" to, "Hey, it's pretty darn good."
I also got some for 8PM Saturday.

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - JVC D-ILA NX7/Panasonic PT-AE8000U; Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3); Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4)
Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4); Subs - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2)
post #5433 of 7903 Old 03-30-2017, 03:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
I also got some for 8PM Saturday.
Hah! See you there. ^_^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5434 of 7903 Old 03-31-2017, 06:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
Looks the deal is over, but we are still going to the Ghost In The Shell at the Berrywoods 24 Dolby Cinema. I guess you have use it when it comes out. We just now got a baby sitter. Oh well I am set up for next time and hopefully will be able to take advantage of it. It should be a good movie.

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
post #5435 of 7903 Old 03-31-2017, 07:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladeback View Post
Looks the deal is over, but we are still going to the Ghost In The Shell at the Berrywoods 24 Dolby Cinema. I guess you have use it when it comes out. We just now got a baby sitter. Oh well I am set up for next time and hopefully will be able to take advantage of it. It should be a good movie.
Checking the comment thread, it looks like the code to use now is DEALSTHATCLICK5, and if you do it from the mobile app that supposedly works?
post #5436 of 7903 Old 03-31-2017, 07:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Checking the comment thread, it looks like the code to use now is DEALSTHATCLICK5, and if you do it from the mobile app that supposedly works?
Too late I went ahead and bought tickets, but that's ok. I have a Stubs card so that does help over time. I see that I should have used @chirpie 's link instead of yours. I will chalk it up to a learning experience. I have a $5 dollar reward now for buying the tickets so I can use that neat time as well. I saved $4 by just being a Stubs member. Thanks for letting me know though.

We will probably be going to the Boss Baby on Sunday. It seems funny and my kid really wants to go. At least he is at the age we can take him to the Star War moives. He is a big fan of Star Wars as are we.

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
post #5437 of 7903 Old 04-01-2017, 09:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
What'd you end up thinking of the film? As more reviews came in, it took a bit of a bashing from some critics, so my expectations were lowered, but I thought it was a mostly solid effort.

I was distracted as just how faithful sections were to the original sources though. I was telling Kevin it was like they glued 65% of the original film (With whole sections being composed frame for frame) in with bits and pieces of the second film and parts of the TV series along with some new story points. I think that left my brain felling like the film was more disjointed than it actually was.

No denying it's a gorgeous film to look at though, and at half price in Prime, it was fine. (I think my wife might have enjoyed it more than I did. O_o)
post #5438 of 7903 Old 04-01-2017, 09:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Quote:
What'd you end up thinking of the film? As more reviews came in, it took a bit of a bashing from some critics, so my expectations were lowered, but I thought it was a mostly solid effort.

I was distracted as just how faithful sections were to the original sources though. I was telling Kevin it was like they glued 65% of the original film (With whole sections being composed frame for frame) in with bits and pieces of the second film and parts of the TV series along with some new story points. I think that left my brain felling like the film was more disjointed than it actually was.

No denying it's a gorgeous film to look at though, and at half price in Prime, it was fine. (I think my wife might have enjoyed it more than I did. O_o)
Yep, agree with everything you said. Glad to see it for ~$8/ticket.

I feel like it will be a solid experience for the people that have 4k/atmos who skip it in theaters. Some pretty cool surround/hdr elements.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to enjoy it myself again though, at least the whole movie in a single sitting. It was alright. meh/10
post #5439 of 7903 Old 04-01-2017, 09:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

My wife and I had never seen the original or TV show so we didn't have that to compare it to. We liked it and enjoyed the movie. I did like the sound a picture quality as well.

post #5440 of 7903 Old 04-02-2017, 06:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked: 666
I got the amplifiers back from speaker power so Michael came to calibrate the dual OS LF's yesterday and I am looking forward to listening some more to them. I was surprised that we were able to get a fairly equal curve for most of the seats with the back row being hotter of course. The small bit that I heard sounded quite good with the signature horn punch.

I sold the passive captivators but the OS LFU is still for sale so let me know if you are interested.
post #5441 of 7903 Old 04-02-2017, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 603 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3772 Post(s)
Liked: 3556
Signature horn punch that not one single person could identify (vs sealed or ported) in the subwoofer blind test of 2012?

Is DD picking up the 212HT or 4000ULF?
post #5442 of 7903 Old 04-02-2017, 06:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I would like to see it despite the lackluster reviews. I watched the 25th Anniversary Edition of Ghost in the Shell on Friday night and it was better than I remember it from a story/philosophical standpoint. I was tempted to buy the new Steelbook Mondo Edition with super rad artwork but it was like $25 compared to maybe $7 for the one I bought.

One gripe. I went to the audio menu and the only way to get the 5.1 mix is with English dubs. That is heresy in my book so this is pretty disappointing. The Japanese version was the original 2.0. So I selected the 2.0 version along with English subtitles and went into the Denon menu and upmixed it with Dolby Surround to all channels.

After watching the first few minutes of each version I was glad that I did. They are very different. The dialogue is not even close in some instances.
chirpie likes this.
post #5443 of 7903 Old 04-02-2017, 06:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Signature horn punch that not one single person could identify (vs sealed or ported) in the subwoofer blind test of 2012?

Is DD picking up the 212HT or 4000ULF?
Ha! In my room it does have a different punch than other subs.

I have had the chance to listen to many sub types in my room. I got to play with carps DIY sealed and my own Rythmik sealed. Then last summer I purchased the ported Cap 2400's. Most recently the 4000 ULF that you mentioned. And none of them had the same kind of punch that the OS has. It is what it is. For whatever reason. Choose one.

I was surprised that after directly comparing the 4000 ULF and the Orbit Shifter in my room that the 4000 just didn't have the same signature sound that the horn provides in my room that I enjoy. If I could get the low end of the 4000 ULF in the OS I would have the perfect sub.

Edit: Yes he picked up the 4000 ULF along with my 2010 Passive Caps (2400).
post #5444 of 7903 Old 04-02-2017, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 672 Post(s)
Quoted: 3513 Post(s)
Liked: 3195
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimastergrant View Post
Ha! In my room it does have a different punch than other subs.

I have had the chance to listen to many sub types in my room. I got to play with carps DIY sealed and my own Rythmik sealed. Then last summer I purchased the ported Cap 2400's. Most recently the 4000 ULF that you mentioned. And none of them had the same kind of punch that the OS has. It is what it is. For whatever reason. Choose one.

I was surprised that after directly comparing the 4000 ULF and the Orbit Shifter in my room that the 4000 just didn't have the same signature sound that the horn provides in my room that I enjoy. If I could get the low end of the 4000 ULF in the OS I would have the perfect sub.

Edit: Yes he picked up the 4000 ULF along with my 2010 Passive Caps (2400).

It was probably the difference in room placement. I bet if the 4000 was in the same spot as the OS you would get that punch. Now, it is true that the OS has more output higher up so if you are pushing those kinds of levels then for sure the OS would have more of that punch but in your room that would be some pretty crazy levels!

Jonathan, don't forget that blind Grant preferred the sound signature of the OS by quite a bit compared to the other subs at the GTG.
post #5445 of 7903 Old 04-02-2017, 07:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

After watching the first few minutes of each version I was glad that I did. They are very different. The dialogue is not even close in some instances.
Good call! The English version was just ok for it's time. It's cringe worthy nowadays. I didn't mind Mimi Woods (the voice of Kusanagi) in some of the other dubs of the time, but she felt really distant and lost at times in how they directed her to speak.

The redone Ghost in the Shell 2.0 cut Blu-ray has a DTS-HD MA 6.1 soundtrack. But dang it, I don't like some of the redone CG in place of some of the original hand drawn art. Wish I could marry that 6.1 track with the original animation. Maybe I'll make that a pet project some day.
ZLTFUL likes this.
post #5446 of 7903 Old 04-02-2017, 07:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
It was probably the difference in room placement. I bet if the 4000 was in the same spot as the OS you would get that punch. Now, it is true that the OS has more output higher up so if you are pushing those kinds of levels then for sure the OS would have more of that punch but in your room that would be some pretty crazy levels!

Jonathan, don't forget that blind Grant preferred the sound signature of the OS by quite a bit compared to the other subs at the GTG.
My only decent theory is that by nature horns are very difficult to tame. My room has several spots where the response is bumped up by several db's. It could be that those frequencies are what I enjoy.

Counter point to what I just said is that we may be too quick to point to a frequency response to explain everything that we think we are hearing. We can easily be fooled into thinking something sounds better because a graph told us so.

As far as placement I have heard the Rythmik and the JTR Passive Caps in the same location as the OS and I did not get quite the same feel. Could I have screwed up something in the testing.........I would not put anything past me!

The 4000 and the LFU were both placed out into the room close to the MLP so not ideal for either one really. They were in identical locations on opposing sides of the room. Not exactly the same but it was good enough for me to form some basic opinions. Yes some of those tests were at stupid levels but the interesting thing is that I notice this punch more when the subs are not ran super hot and when I don't have the volume at high levels. It seems that with other subs I have to run them hot or turn it up to give the same feel. My thirst for this feel is much much less than most of you bass heads though. I am content with just a little bit of feel whereas most of you literally have drivers inches from your ears such is your preference for this feel.

Another interesting thing is that I think the horn kind of has a lack of a sound signature which I consider to be a good thing. What I am talking about here is just a punch or tactile thing. It could be that the horn just does something weird in my room. This is all dependent on what you are used to and there are several here who would probably wonder if the subs were even on in my room the way you run your systems!!!

One thing I have learned is that everyones taste in sound including bass is radically different. So it is hardly even worth talking about. Better to just listen to a bunch of stuff in a bunch of different places and make up your own mind about what you like best. And for the moment I think I like the dual LF's enough to keep them for a bit.
carp likes this.
post #5447 of 7903 Old 04-03-2017, 07:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Due to DesertDome either being the best, or possibly the worst, friend a person could ever have, I now have some new subs and will soon have a Danley DTS-10 spare that I have no use and no room for. If anybody knows someone close to Omaha that wants a 59.5 x 44 x 16 inches, 285 lbs commercial sub that puts out bass down to 12.5 hz, let me know. Not interested in trying to ship this thing. I need to do some more price research but I'm thinking $1,000 even.

My perpetual home theater build - Omaha Theater #5
post #5448 of 7903 Old 04-03-2017, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5505 Post(s)
Liked: 5324
Quote:
I got the amplifiers back from speaker power so Michael came to calibrate the dual OS LF's yesterday and I am looking forward to listening some more to them. I was surprised that we were able to get a fairly equal curve for most of the seats with the back row being hotter of course. The small bit that I heard sounded quite good with the signature horn punch.

I sold the passive captivators but the OS LFU is still for sale so let me know if you are interested.
To add to the conversation, one would need to consider exactly "Why" they prefer sound they hear from a horn. I remember my old f-20's and man, they kicked some serious tail in their passband with an incredibly clean sound to them. What could all contribute to what you are "Hearing" along with your in-room response? Well a couple things to consider:

~Native response of the. Take a look at data-bass and compare the cap4k directly one to one against the LFU. their native in room response is pretty different, and they maximum sustained output is even much more so.

~Distortion profiles due to design differences will be different

~tuning freq/horn corner at over 10hz differential points will affect tonal difference.

I feel like these all play a major part in our perception of bass, even if the measured response was near identical, and all other things being equal. It is hard to put these differences into a qualitative wrapper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebrunner View Post
Due to DesertDome either being the best, or possibly the worst, friend a person could ever have, I now have some new subs and will soon have a Danley DTS-10 spare that I have no use and no room for. If anybody knows someone close to Omaha that wants a 59.5 x 44 x 16 inches, 285 lbs commercial sub that puts out bass down to 12.5 hz, let me know. Not interested in trying to ship this thing. I need to do some more price research but I'm thinking $1,000 even.
He didn't run down and grab that cap4000 just for you did he?
jedimastergrant likes this.

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
post #5449 of 7903 Old 04-04-2017, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Who's next in line for the 212HT from KC? It's fun to hear the big soundstage they offer. I guess we have them a bit longer since DD only picked up the 4000ULF while he was here.

Archaea's 9.8.4 Home Theater Room
(13) JBL CBT 70j-1 | Denon x7200wa | Sherbourn PA 7-350 amplifier | (8) Ultimax 18" sealed subwoofers | (4) iNuke DSP 6000 amplifiers | (4) MB Quart 12" subwoofers mounted direct mounted to Berkline theater chairs BOSS style | Epson 5040UB Projector | Jamestown 144" acoustic transparent 2.35:1 screen w/ Seymour XD fabric
post #5450 of 7903 Old 04-04-2017, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1115 Post(s)
Liked: 630
For my movie night in May, I think the best weekends for me are 5/11-5/13 and Memorial Day weekend 5/25-28. I could also do 4/28-4/30 (close enough to May). These are the weekends my step-daughter will not be home which makes it easier.

What works best for everyone?

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - JVC D-ILA NX7/Panasonic PT-AE8000U; Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3); Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4)
Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4); Subs - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2)
post #5451 of 7903 Old 04-06-2017, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter

Here is the live stream of the Bicentennial WW1 activities happening at Liberty Memorial today. Downtown, in that area, is shut down, you have to have a ticket to get in. FBI, Secret Service etc - they are all there. There are something like dignitaries from 27 Countries, some French Fighter jets, WW1 planes, V.P. Pence on site, etc. Work offices in that area are "work from home" today since it is a restricted area.

https://www.theworldwar.org/april6

Ceremony starts at 10AM today - Livestream here:

(13) JBL CBT 70j-1 | Denon x7200wa | Sherbourn PA 7-350 amplifier | (8) Ultimax 18" sealed subwoofers | (4) iNuke DSP 6000 amplifiers | (4) MB Quart 12" subwoofers mounted direct mounted to Berkline theater chairs BOSS style | Epson 5040UB Projector | Jamestown 144" acoustic transparent 2.35:1 screen w/ Seymour XD fabric
post #5452 of 7903 Old 04-06-2017, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 176
^The planes for the fly-over are in the air.
post #5453 of 7903 Old 04-07-2017, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Audyssey App is out --- Main page AVSForum.

$20

But -- it only works if you have the newest generation Denon or Marantz.

https://www.avsforum.com/denon-marant...eq-editor-app/

post #5454 of 7903 Old 04-07-2017, 12:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Audyssey App is out --- Main page AVSForum.

$20

But -- it only works if you have the newest generation Denon or Marantz.

https://www.avsforum.com/denon-marant...eq-editor-app/
This would be cool. I wish my Denon supported the feature. I wonder why they could not give older models this feature through a firmware upgrade?

Looking at the feature set it seems that you can only set a "target curve". So this would appear to be fairly limited without the ability to set individual filters. And most of us already have a mic to see what is really going on in our rooms anyway.
post #5455 of 7903 Old 04-07-2017, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

I don't think you'd need individual PEQ filters if it truly sets the FR to the target curve you want overall. It's basically calculating the individual PEQ filters based on your target curve. (makes the whole process auto-magic)

I don't yet know about it's max/min limitations over native response? And that's a fairly big deal. For instance -- how much does it let you boost any chosen frequency range? +3dB? + 6dB? more?

post #5456 of 7903 Old 04-07-2017, 12:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@Archaea

Hey weren't you saying earlier that you doubted Microsoft would hit the target for 6 TF's for the Scorpio??????

Well, it sure looks like they did according to a reputable site (Digital Foundry) who was invited to get a special look at the hardware and see it running.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-tech-revealed

So of course you can get double the TF's if you want to spend a gazillion dollars. That is not the point. The reason this is big news is because of the assumed lower price point. I am very curious where it will fall. Lots of people are guessing $499. A 6 TF gaming rig would certainly cost more than $499. Especially after buying a gaming keyboard, mouse, and Xbox gamepad.

What I am considering is this. Microsoft made a big deal out of making Xbox titles available on PC. Assuming this is true.................having an Xbox may not be necessary. I am already interested in a gaming PC anyway at some point.

So I may just sell the Xbox One and build a gaming PC instead of upgrading to the Scorpio. Not sure yet.

At any rate I need to play the games that I have before I even consider doing this. My back log of games is obscene. I just started Zelda and it is just massive.
JDontee likes this.
post #5457 of 7903 Old 04-07-2017, 01:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I don't think you'd need individual PEQ filters if it truly sets the FR to the target curve you want overall. It's basically calculating the individual PEQ filters based on your target curve. (makes the whole process auto-magic)

I don't yet know about it's max/min limitations over native response? And that's a fairly big deal. For instance -- how much does it let you boost any chosen frequency range? +3dB? + 6dB? more?
I guess the problem is I don't trust that the "auto magic" will do no harm. It might get me closer to the target curve but create more problems than it solves.

And like you pointed out the max min limitations will be totally out of your control. So it is fairly limited compared to full manual control.

Don't get me wrong. It is cool. Looking forward to having this feature on my next AVR. I think it is a big step in the right direction!
post #5458 of 7903 Old 04-07-2017, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
@Archaea

Hey weren't you saying earlier that you doubted Microsoft would hit the target for 6 TF's for the Scorpio??????

Well, it sure looks like they did according to a reputable site (Digital Foundry) who was invited to get a special look at the hardware and see it running.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-tech-revealed

Nah,

I said I didn't think it would be truly 4K 60Hz capable, and sadly, it still doesn't look to be.

Post 3997.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/61-are...l#post44711985

The 1070 card is 6.5 TF, and it can't even get close to 4K at 60FPS on any new title at full PC options. My 2 year old AMD Fury X card handles 8.6 TF in theory -- and we know that the Xbox hardware will be AMD based - so it's actually disappointing the computer power on the next gen xbox isn't going to be greater than a 2 year old (admittedly, top of the line) AMD card.

By the time the Scorpio comes out PC hardware will be multiple generations past -- The new Nvidia 1080TI is ~11.5 TF of processing power. THAT is about what you need to be 4K 60FPS --- maybe even a bit more would be ideal. (so about double what the Scorpio is specc'ed for.) The 1080TI costs about $700 by itself.

You can see that the 4K average FPS over 16 different games is 68 FPS, but the minimum is 50 FPS. (green lines are 1080TI at 4K) That's with current titles of course - not future titles. So yeah -- the 1080TI even would have trouble keeping games at 60 FPS at 4K for the next 3-4 years - since it can't do it now (minimums)

Yes, the Scorpio will have some FPS trickery in there, and game devs will lower some settings as opposed to the PC variant (like they do now), and yes, it'll still make for a pretty good gaming experience, but this console is not even close to a PC killer. If they release at $500 bucks I can see it being a success! It'll have Ultra HD bluray again and Atmos capability for games - those two elements in their own will go a long way to help move units - and might even make me jump onboard - having sat out for the Xbox one. If I have to pay $200-$300 for a ultra HD bluray player - might as well get a gaming console for a couple hundred more. It's the same argument repeated that we waged with the PS3 and bluray players. The deficit of course is that Microsoft pretty much has stated there won't be system exclusives to Xbox console going forward --- everything will come to PC as well. At that point.....not yet sure if I buy one or not. I keep my PC fairly cutting edge -- and still vastly prefer keyboard and mouse as controls.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GTX 1080TI.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	2072849  

Last edited by Archaea; 04-07-2017 at 01:25 PM.
post #5459 of 7903 Old 04-07-2017, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5505 Post(s)
Liked: 5324
Quote:
This would be cool. I wish my Denon supported the feature. I wonder why they could not give older models this feature through a firmware upgrade?

Looking at the feature set it seems that you can only set a "target curve". So this would appear to be fairly limited without the ability to set individual filters. And most of us already have a mic to see what is really going on in our rooms anyway.
They were still built with audyssey pro in mind, and can still use pro. They decommished the capability of pro on the new models, as well as increased the processing power to accomodate the new app. The previous models will not be getting any type of firmware update to allow it.

Quote:

I've played with the app a decent amount the last two nights and I am really digging it. I have much more to mess around with multiple saved custom curves, target curve manipulation which I used for a 10dB slope a-la the jbl synthesis target curve, which flats out around 500hz and runs out with the natural speaker rolloff taking place afterwards. I have the correction limited to 2khz but I am going to mess around with that on several difference save files that I can change in and out.

I have much more to tinker with but I am already finding this as a huge step in the right direction. With a little more work, dirac will be the most distant thought on my mind when it comes to my space IMO.

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
post #5460 of 7903 Old 04-07-2017, 01:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 212
@jedimastergrant I agree with $499 being the lowest possible price. MS will allow pc gamers on xbox live some day, just a matter of time. I'm digging my PC rig for the games that I play. In home streaming is pretty sweet also if I ever just want to play a quick game from my laptop or another tv. I sold my original PS4 with plans to get a slim or PRO for the right price. I really don't miss it. I'll get one again someday because I own so many PS4 games, I'll end up playing it again. Consoles will always be needed because PC's always require a little bit of nerd tweaking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Area Home Theater Meets

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page