Kansas City Area Home Theater Meets and Movie Night Events! - Page 202 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2325Likes

post #6031 of 7903 Old 08-13-2017, 01:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Even I would pay that!
ChldsPlay likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6032 of 7903 Old 08-14-2017, 12:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
I love the smell of negotiation in the morning!

Got the DirecTV jackpot today.

Backstory: I call to negotiate for free Sunday Ticket (and usually more) every year. This year, on another forum, someone mentioned they got a really good deal when they actually setup a cancellation date and Directv called them the next day. Apparently, this team that called him isn't restricted in the offers they can give out. He gave me that number and I attempted to call it to do my negotiation, but they told me they could not do anything until my account was disconnected or setup for disconnection.

So, I called the usual line, got their best offer, declined and setup a cancellation date two weeks out (or so I had thought).

Resolution: It turns out that the guy I talked to last week didn't do what I asked. When I turned down his offer and requested a cancellation, he instead implemented his offers and didn't setup the cancellation. I discovered this when a few of the channels in my guide had gone gray. One way he was attempting to save me money was taking me down to a lower tier (one that didn't have NFL Network, though for some reason I still got that channel even after he changed it). When I saw this, I called to see if they had setup the cancellation and was told they had not, so I had them set it up. The next day I got several calls that I missed from them, and today I returned the calls.

The first guy last week had given me Sunday Ticket and $40 off for 12 months. The new guy put me back up to the proper tier, kept the discounts the other guy made, and then added another $60 in discounts every month for a year. So I am getting Sunday Ticket for free and over $100 a month in discounts. My monthly bill with HBO and Sunday Ticket will now be $41.51 a month for the next year (I did agree to a 12-month contract). After I deactivated one of my boxes that we don't really use, it's down to $34.51 a month.

So the $34.51 is just for the Sunday Ticket and HBO or regular TV as well? How many channels? Sounds like a good deal, but I don't like dealing with AT&T companies.

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
post #6033 of 7903 Old 08-14-2017, 12:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 1115 Post(s)
Liked: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladeback View Post
So the $34.51 is just for the Sunday Ticket and HBO or regular TV as well? How many channels? Sounds like a good deal, but I don't like dealing with AT&T companies.
That is for everything I get.

Choice package (Directv lists this as 175+ channels) + HBO + Sunday Ticket Max
shivaji and Ladeback like this.

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - JVC D-ILA NX7/Panasonic PT-AE8000U; Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3); Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4)
Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4); Subs - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6034 of 7903 Old 08-15-2017, 09:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Might not be of huge interest to people here, but moviepass announced today that their subscription cost has dropped to $10 a month, no commitment.

It allows a movie per day in theater, as long as it is non 3d, imax, or premium (dolby).

The way it works is they send you a credit card, you download their app, go to the theater, check into the movie, and it unlocks the card to purchase a ticket there. I had it back in the day for $30 a month, and enjoyed it. I was using it a bit outside of the EULA though and got cancelled, but seemingly not banned so I'm back in for a few months.
post #6035 of 7903 Old 08-15-2017, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma722 View Post
Might not be of huge interest to people here, but moviepass announced today that their subscription cost has dropped to $10 a month, no commitment.

It allows a movie per day in theater, as long as it is non 3d, imax, or premium (dolby).

The way it works is they send you a credit card, you download their app, go to the theater, check into the movie, and it unlocks the card to purchase a ticket there. I had it back in the day for $30 a month, and enjoyed it. I was using it a bit outside of the EULA though and got cancelled, but seemingly not banned so I'm back in for a few months.
Sounds like a good deal. Too bad their site is down right now.

Projector - JVC D-ILA NX7/Panasonic PT-AE8000U; Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3); Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4)
post #6036 of 7903 Old 08-15-2017, 10:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sounds like a good deal. Too bad their site is down right now.
The price drop announcement has more or less gone viral. They were not prepared for that.

It's like a really small company, so they are probably half panicking have excited.
post #6037 of 7903 Old 08-17-2017, 03:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 294
Quote:
I love the smell of negotiation in the morning!

Got the DirecTV jackpot today.

Backstory: I call to negotiate for free Sunday Ticket (and usually more) every year. This year, on another forum, someone mentioned they got a really good deal when they actually setup a cancellation date and Directv called them the next day. Apparently, this team that called him isn't restricted in the offers they can give out. He gave me that number and I attempted to call it to do my negotiation, but they told me they could not do anything until my account was disconnected or setup for disconnection.

So, I called the usual line, got their best offer, declined and setup a cancellation date two weeks out (or so I had thought).

Resolution: It turns out that the guy I talked to last week didn't do what I asked. When I turned down his offer and requested a cancellation, he instead implemented his offers and didn't setup the cancellation. I discovered this when a few of the channels in my guide had gone gray. One way he was attempting to save me money was taking me down to a lower tier (one that didn't have NFL Network, though for some reason I still got that channel even after he changed it). When I saw this, I called to see if they had setup the cancellation and was told they had not, so I had them set it up. The next day I got several calls that I missed from them, and today I returned the calls.

The first guy last week had given me Sunday Ticket and $40 off for 12 months. The new guy put me back up to the proper tier, kept the discounts the other guy made, and then added another $60 in discounts every month for a year. So I am getting Sunday Ticket for free and over $100 a month in discounts. My monthly bill with HBO and Sunday Ticket will now be $41.51 a month for the next year (I did agree to a 12-month contract). After I deactivated one of my boxes that we don't really use, it's down to $34.51 a month.
Wow that is a awesome deal .
I'm going to check when my contract ends with them and see if i can get a good deal as well.

Femi

(2)JTR Cap 4000's---(6) Enclosures Seal SI HT-18's---Behringer iNUKE 6000DSP--- Behringer iNUKE 3000DSP---Denon AVR-4250CI---(3)JBL 4722n---(5)Behringer Eurolive B215XL---(2)Klipsch SS-1 Surround---JVC RS500---Sony HW50es---VApex Fixed frame 135" 16:9---Sony UBP-X800---Oppo BDP-93---Toshiba HD DVD-XA2---Xbox 360---PS4---HDFURY Linker---Darbee Darblet DVP-5000---miniDSP Balanced 2x4---Harmony 1100 remote
post #6038 of 7903 Old 08-17-2017, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 603 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3772 Post(s)
Liked: 3556
@Stoked21

And others -- you might be interested in this. Unlimited movies per month (well limited to one showing per day) at any theater in the US, for a $10 a month (or $100 annual) subscription fee. (excludes 3d showings and IMAX) If you see two movies a month you'd come out ahead. Me, personally, I've watched about 3 movies in commercial theaters in the last couple years -- so I'd not come out ahead -- but it does seem unreasonably good for people who love to attend movies in the theater regularly!

https://hardforum.com/threads/moviep...month.1941897/

Archaea's 9.8.4 Home Theater Room
(13) JBL CBT 70j-1 | Denon x7200wa | Sherbourn PA 7-350 amplifier | (8) Ultimax 18" sealed subwoofers | (4) iNuke DSP 6000 amplifiers | (4) MB Quart 12" subwoofers mounted direct mounted to Berkline theater chairs BOSS style | Epson 5040UB Projector | Jamestown 144" acoustic transparent 2.35:1 screen w/ Seymour XD fabric
post #6039 of 7903 Old 08-17-2017, 07:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
@Stoked21

And others -- you might be interested in this. Unlimited movies per month (well limited to one showing per day) at any theater in the US, for a $10 a month (or $100 annual) subscription fee. (excludes 3d showings and IMAX) If you see two movies a month you'd come out ahead. Me, personally, I've watched about 3 movies in commercial theaters in the last couple years -- so I'd not come out ahead -- but it does seem unreasonably good for people who love to attend movies in the theater regularly!

Hmmmmm this news seems.... familiar.

:P
ChldsPlay likes this.
post #6040 of 7903 Old 08-17-2017, 08:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Beware of youtube and social media GoT fans. The next episode is leaked and in decent quality this time. Spoilers are out there. I went ahead and watched it to eliminate that risk.

post #6041 of 7903 Old 08-17-2017, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
@Stoked21

I have seen that AMC may opt out of this and that is where we mostly go, but we like going to the Dolby Cinema or the IMAX. I rather watch movies that I don't want to see in the nicer DC at home.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/16/...-opt-out-deal/

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
post #6042 of 7903 Old 08-17-2017, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'm honestly not sure how AMC can go about opting out.

It's literally a mastercard issues to you via moviepass. They are getting full price for the ticket from moviepass. The only way I can figure is if their lawsuit actually goes through, and they order the removal of amc from their app. But I really don't see what grounds they have.

Supposedly they think essentially the business plan will fail when movie tickets are forced to go up, and then movie pass might try to make deals. Or movie pass might have to raise the cost in a year (like almost 100% definitely going to happen if they make it that long). So they are worried about their poor consumers who will get used to having awesome pricing for movies, and then have to go back to paying normal price per movie. So nice of them to think of us.

What they should be doing is incentivising consumers that are using them to buy more popcorn and what not, giving them specials and even more reason to come to the theater. Super high profits for them, and then they also help run movie pass out eventually.

I don't think anyone expects moviepass to maintain this long term though.
post #6043 of 7903 Old 08-17-2017, 08:59 PM
d_c
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 227 Post(s)
Quoted: 1134 Post(s)
Liked: 1543
Quote:
Beware of youtube and social media GoT fans. The next episode is leaked and in decent quality this time. Spoilers are out there. I went ahead and watched it to eliminate that risk.

I heard, and until right now, I have locked myself in my house with the internet locked down and only looking outside once, but only with one of those boxes with a hole cut in it used for viewing an eclipse.
carp and femi like this.
post #6044 of 7903 Old 08-19-2017, 08:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I can't remember if I've asked this before, but does anyone in KC have some linacoustic, or know where to get it locally?
post #6045 of 7903 Old 08-20-2017, 11:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 563
Quote:
I can't remember if I've asked this before, but does anyone in KC have some linacoustic, or know where to get it locally?
I'm not sure how you planned on using it so this might not be helpful but Fibrex is available locally AND it was always way cheaper with basically identical properties to stuff like OC 703. Maybe things have changed since I built my last room. I haven't had a chance to research this step for my next room yet.

Absorption:
FBX 1280 2" (51mm) 0.32 0.90 1.11 1.07 1.01 1.05 1.00
703, plain 2" (51mm) on wall 3.0 pcf (48 kg/m3) 0.17 0.86 1.14 1.07 1.02 0.98 1.00

SOURCE:
http://www.bobgolds.com/AbsorptionCoefficients.htm

This place that sold it to me sold it for .48 cents a square ft for the 2" thick stuff back in 2005. It was basically 1/3 the cost of what I could find elsewhere for Owens Corning 703 and 705.

SPI
(816) 842-4900
1700 Jasper
North Kansas City, MO
USA

Last edited by chirpie; 08-20-2017 at 11:30 AM.
post #6046 of 7903 Old 08-20-2017, 02:52 PM
d_c
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 227 Post(s)
Quoted: 1134 Post(s)
Liked: 1543
post #6047 of 7903 Old 08-20-2017, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 672 Post(s)
Quoted: 3513 Post(s)
Liked: 3196
One of the most interesting threads I've seen in a while.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-spe...ever-made.html
dlbeck likes this.
post #6048 of 7903 Old 08-20-2017, 09:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 171 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 773
Thanks for posting Carp. One of the more interesting posts below. I don't ever remember Dr. Floyd Toole every commenting on my ability to conduct a GTG

A "Toole" summing up
Hello again. I have waited until you had a chance to vent your feelings before commenting. John has also asked a couple of specific questions of me that I think will be interesting to some of you at least.
First let me say that I am greatly reassured by the result: two truly excellent loudspeakers were judged to sound as good as their measurements suggest they should. In the global context of loudspeakers both are in the highest category. I regard it as a minor breakthrough that; (a) measurements were acknowledged as having meaning in terms of sound quality, and (b) doing listening tests blind was recognized as allowing one to form opinions free from non-auditory influences. None of this is new, but only a tiny minority in the audio community have bothered to read at least some of the existing science. That includes many of this group – and thanks!
What John and his colleagues created, and what several of you participated in, was a reasonably well controlled scientific experiment. It took knowledge, discipline, preparation and hard work – so much that it is rarely done. It is why run of the mill “subjective” reviews are so poorly done, and the results so untrustworthy. It woud be nice to have more of this. More importantly, more people need to be made aware that there are measurements, the Spinorama being perhaps the best one, that do a remarkable job of describing how a loudspeaker might sound. Sadly, these measurements are scarce. Many manufacturers can’t do them, and most would not like what they saw if they did them. Others seem not to have a conscience, relying on marketing and folklore, including the myth that “we can’t measure what we can hear”.
This is why I wrote the first book, and now its successor. I am currently creating content for a companion website, where page count doesn’t matter. There is much to read that I think will answer your questions, and more, including some of my earlier posts in this forum. But, for now, here are some quick comments.
Mono vs. Stereo. I commented on the mono/stereo issue earlier in this thread, and it is discussed in both books. Stereo is more entertaining than mono, but mono is more revealing of problems in loudspeakers. A good loudspeaker in mono is also a good loudspeaker in stereo. Imaging is dominated by recordings, which are control-room creations – yes, even classical ones – judged through loudspeakers.
Why doesn’t it sound “real’? Because it can’t. A small number of microphones cannot capture the 3D sound field around performers, and two channels and two loudspeakers of any design cannot reconstruct a realistic sound field. It is the daunting task of recording engineers to do what is possible to deliver a semblance of something real, if that is the goal, or to create an artificial “stereo” variation that is stimulating and entertaining. We need multichannel.
Hearing performance. Many years ago, I ran a test for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. The purpose was to select small, medium and large monitor loudspeakers for use throughout the national network. They should be good and sound alike – if possible. The listeners were recording engineers and producers from across the nation. The results are in JAES papers and the books. Several important lessons were learned by all. The sad one was that several of the recording engineers had significant hearing loss and this was exhibited as large variations in their opinions during the double-blind listening tests. Some bias was also seen. Why? They weren’t hearing all of the small details in the music, nor all of the small defects in the loudspeakers. Lesson: use listeners with hearing thresholds within 20 dB of normal – which includes about 75% of the population, a sizeable target audience. If a person has hearing loss, those opinions are for that person alone. But what if that person is a reviewer . . . ?
Trained vs. untrained listeners. The most common and most audible problem in loudspeakers is resonances. Most people hear them, but few can describe them. Sean Olive created a training program to teach people what resonances of different Q, frequency and amplitude sounded like and tested their ability to hear and report on them. Because the results of the listening tests were fed back to the engineers, it was useful that these trained listeners could describe what they heard in terms that were useful to the design engineers. There was a resulting bias from this training: it was that these listeners were less easily impressed than average customers. The consequence has been that they award lower sound quality ratings, but the order of their ratings is the same as those from hundreds of untrained listeners that have been tested.
Room interactions. At frequencies below about 300-500 Hz in small rooms the room dominates the quality of bass, and bass accounts for about 30% of the factor weighting in subjective evaluations of sound quality. That is why we do listening tests using positional substitution, so the room is a constant factor. Multiple subwoofers, signal processing and judicious equalization can greatly improve things, to the point that the room “disappears” – there are no audible resonances.
Above about 500 Hz the loudspeaker itself assumes the dominant role. The explanation is complex, but it comes down to the fact that humans are well adapted to listening in reflective spaces. To a substantial extent it is possible to “listen through” a room. In live, unamplified performances, we hear familiar voices and instruments in different acoustical settings. They remain the same voices and instruments, but in different venues. In sound reproduction, the parallel situation holds, but the loudspeaker is a proxy for the voices and instruments. The success of the reproduction is totally dependent on the skill of the recording engineer in capturing and storing the timbral essence of the live sources, and on the skill of the loudspeaker designer to create a “neutral” transduction device so that we can hear what was recorded.
This is the circle of confusion wherein professionals do not always use neutral monitors and consumers don’t always have neutral reproducers. In the experiment that John just conducted, we had a professional monitor loudspeaker and an audiophile loudspeaker. If it is judged that they sounded similar, then Harman has contributed to eliminating the circle of confusion. Recordings mixed and/or mastered using either of these loudspeakers would sound quite similar on the other.
In order for this “listening through the room” to happen, one must have some familiarity with the room - more is better - but it has been shown that a few minutes are sufficient to show improved speech intelligibility and the like. Early reflections are the dominant room interactions above 500 Hz and this may be the most significant difference between these loudspeakers – directivity. They are quite close, but the Salon2 will energize more far-off-axis early reflections than the M2. For laying down tracks and mixing many engineers discourage room reflections, even use “near field” monitors, although mastering engineers often prefer to hear some “room”. I discuss this in some detail in the book, and it is clear that “one size does not fit all”. Some evidence points to hearing loss (an occupational hazard in pro audio) as one factor causing professionals to prefer simple, reflection-free, sound fields – again details in the book.
Would changing rooms have changed the results? Probably not in any substantial way – even for these closely rated loudspeakers. In evaluations of loudspeakers in general, moving the evaluation from room to room the numbers may vary, but the order of preference remains. If you look at the geometry of a listening situation it will be found that the early lateral reflections are generated by sounds radiated at large angles off axis – moving back in a room varies the direct-to-reflected ratio, as more sound from smaller angles contributes.
Room EQ. When we measure in a room we use an omnidirectional microphone that ignores the angle of incidence of incoming sound, and, if one is doing steady-state measurements, also the timing. Two ears and a brain are vastly more analytical. What can appear in a measurement as a disastrous comb filter, may be heard as innocent spaciousness – room sound, not part of the loudspeaker. This is the fundamental reason why “room EQ” is such a risky business above a few hundred Hz. There is a significant possibility of degrading a good loudspeaker by achieving a “pretty” room curve. At the present time, all of the highest rated loudspeakers, cone/dome and M2, generate room curves that are well described as gently tilted lines at about -0.4 to -0.5 dB/oct from 20 to 20k, in normally reflective rooms and HTs. In spite of the very real differences among rooms, this relationship has been confirmed by numerous independent measurements. If you measure such a curve, it means that you probably bought the right loudspeaker. If you don’t, equalizing what you have to match that curve guarantees nothing. The definitive descriptor above about 400- 500 Hz is anechoic data showing a flat direct sound and relatively constant or smoothly changing directivity. At bass frequencies a steady-state room curve is definitive, and EQ is one of the tools that can help improve it.
Matching sound levels. Years ago I did experiments in which sound levels were deliberately misadjusted. It made an insignificant difference back then, but back then all loudspeakers were much worse than the two you auditioned. Listeners could hear the resonances even with the mismatched levels. In the loudspeakers just evaluated, there are no resonances of any consequence, and minor difference in spectral balance, so what is heard is what is left to hear – directivity, most likely.
Tone controls. High-end audiophiles, in their fantasies, think that tone controls “destroy” sound. You don’t find them on “high end” gear. That could be so if recordings were all perfect. But they are demonstrably not perfect, or consistent in spectral balance, or dynamic range, and so on. Fortunately we humans are very adaptable, and since we have no idea what the final playback in the control room sounded like, we are very accepting of what comes out of our – hopefully neutral – loudspeakers. Still, when I sit and listen to the wide range of music available on Tidal, for example, I hear music with no low bass through to music that was clearly mixed for the bass-deprived masses. Treble ranges from muted to an excruciating screech and tinny transients. I use tone controls. With the best of today’s loudspeakers, recordings may well be the current “weak link”.
So, again congratulations to John and his team, to those of you who believe in science and have taken the trouble to read about it, and of course to the Harman engineers who knew the rules, followed them and created two very fine sounding loudspeakers. It has been an interesting exercise, and we all learned something. :-) Science is forever, opinions change.
chirpie likes this.

Last edited by dlbeck; 08-20-2017 at 09:23 PM.
post #6049 of 7903 Old 08-20-2017, 09:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 171 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 773
post #6050 of 7903 Old 08-21-2017, 06:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks @chirpie - I'm actually looking for the linacoustic in this case for its intended purpose being a "duct" liner. I built the riser for my theater this weekend and did some "inventive" things to pull air from the theater through the back of it. So in this case I will be lining that. In addition probably looking ahead for lining the back of the screen wall.

I think I might have found some that should cover my duct at least though.
chirpie likes this.
post #6051 of 7903 Old 08-21-2017, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I hope this movie is as good as the trailer shows it. Could be fun to watch.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3501632/

post #6052 of 7903 Old 08-21-2017, 02:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked: 666
Quote:
Thanks @chirpie - I'm actually looking for the linacoustic in this case for its intended purpose being a "duct" liner. I built the riser for my theater this weekend and did some "inventive" things to pull air from the theater through the back of it. So in this case I will be lining that. In addition probably looking ahead for lining the back of the screen wall.

I think I might have found some that should cover my duct at least though.

I think I got mine from REW materials but I had to order an entire roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sigma722 likes this.
post #6053 of 7903 Old 08-21-2017, 07:11 PM

Yeah it was pretty crazy seeing a bunch of posts from Toole for the first time ever after hearing about him so much all these years.
post #6054 of 7903 Old 08-22-2017, 11:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

SNES classic is up for preorder. All gone online, but you might still be able to get one in-store at a Game Stop. I just got mine preordered.
post #6055 of 7903 Old 08-22-2017, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 393 Post(s)
Quoted: 5507 Post(s)
Liked: 5324
Quote:
SNES classic is up for preorder. All gone online, but you might still be able to get one in-store at a Game Stop. I just got mine preordered.
Gamestop's website is crashed, and is also affecting their in-store computers. I just tried and the dude couldn't even get past the loading screen. I gave him my number and I'm hoping he calls me soon enough.

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
post #6056 of 7903 Old 08-23-2017, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Gamestop's website is crashed, and is also affecting their in-store computers. I just tried and the dude couldn't even get past the loading screen. I gave him my number and I'm hoping he calls me soon enough.
So that didn't work, the SNES classic is now sold out everywhere....just like the NES did last year, but this time was even worse. BB and Amazon released their stock at 4am yesterday morning and within 20 minutes both were sold out, which is absolute garbage as you know the bots scooped them all before any sane human even had the chance to wake up at a normal hour and attempt to order one.

I'm running into this almost every time I am trying to get popular concert tickets or comedy shows too. I have literally lost out on the last THREE things I've tried to go to due to websites crashing or bots buying out all tickets only to scalp them. I DID manage to get three presale tickets to Dream Theater when they come through end of November though @carp . I missed out on them last time they came through Asheville, I was NOT going to make the same mistake again

post #6057 of 7903 Old 08-23-2017, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Game Stop did say they would have more available for walk-ins at launch. And Toys R Us ended up not doing preorders at all. Still a chance.

post #6058 of 7903 Old 08-23-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
So that didn't work, the SNES classic is now sold out everywhere....just like the NES did last year, but this time was even worse. BB and Amazon released their stock at 4am yesterday morning and within 20 minutes both were sold out, which is absolute garbage as you know the bots scooped them all before any sane human even had the chance to wake up at a normal hour and attempt to order one.

I'm running into this almost every time I am trying to get popular concert tickets or comedy shows too. I have literally lost out on the last THREE things I've tried to go to due to websites crashing or bots buying out all tickets only to scalp them. I DID manage to get three presale tickets to Dream Theater when they come through end of November though @carp . I missed out on them last time they came through Asheville, I was NOT going to make the same mistake again
Shoot... they aren't coming anywhre near here. I haven't seen them since the 6 Degrees tour back in 2002.
post #6059 of 7903 Old 08-24-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Game Stop did say they would have more available for walk-ins at launch. And Toys R Us ended up not doing preorders at all. Still a chance.
So there is hope..... Haha. Im just going to go ahead and start strategizing about the n64 classic release...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Shoot... they aren't coming anywhre near here. I haven't seen them since the 6 Degrees tour back in 2002.
Shoot! Getcha plane ticket to Asheville then dude! Our little orchestral hall they are performing in should be a killer spot to enjoy their type of music.

post #6060 of 7903 Old 08-24-2017, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I got in on a gamestop preorder, but will be out of the country for release day and a couple days after. So..... Hopefully they let someone pick mine up in my stead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Area Home Theater Meets

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page