Houston and surrounding area meet!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 11 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 229Likes

post #301 of 435 Old 09-01-2018, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 215 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2857 Post(s)
Liked: 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtighe23 View Post
Happy Sept. 1st, just a few weeks away from the meet, Sept. 29th still looking good? I'm still free that weekend. Do we have confirmed people like Rythmik Audio? Anyone bringing anything special? I plan on bringing some drinks for sure, didn't know if you needed anyone to bring anything special.

At some gtgs in the past, people wore "name tags" for a few hours with their username/forum name on them, didn't know if you wanted to do that?

Looking forward to this meet, unfortunately,, I don't have a car big enough or gear small enough to bring anything special. I do have some PA460s not yet in cabs though lol

Hey man, I think the name tag is a good idea. Todd added the list of gear up top with attendee name. I know that Brian and Enrico are attending and planning to bring a paper cone FV18. Mark Seaton and Jeff Permanian are not available but Jeff is sending to me a 2019 118HT. I will also have the V1801. We also expect @Marc Alexander to attend. I think we would still like some more subs and are willing to help out. Just need to know in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 435 Old 09-02-2018, 05:27 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Hey @toddct , do you still have room for a maybe. I will be flying in from Atlanta on standby. So it depend if the are empty seats on the flight to determine if i can may it or not.

Thanks,
Femi
Marc Alexander and toddct like this.

(2)JTR Cap 4000's---(6) Enclosures Seal SI HT-18's---Behringer iNUKE 6000DSP--- Behringer iNUKE 3000DSP---Denon AVR-4250CI---(3)JBL 4722n---(5)Behringer Eurolive B215XL---(2)Klipsch SS-1 Surround---JVC RS500---Sony HW50es---VApex Fixed frame 135" 16:9---Sony UBP-X800---Oppo BDP-93---Toshiba HD DVD-XA2---Xbox 360---PS4---HDFURY Linker---Darbee Darblet DVP-5000---miniDSP Balanced 2x4---Harmony 1100 remote
post #303 of 435 Old 09-04-2018, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by femi View Post
Hey @toddct , do you still have room for a maybe. I will be flying in from Atlanta on standby. So it depend if the are empty seats on the flight to determine if i can may it or not.

Thanks,
Femi
Added to the maybe list!

See if you can't get one of those 4k's into the overhead bin!

Hope you can make it.

Todd
femi and djreef like this.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #304 of 435 Old 09-04-2018, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Happy Sept. 1st, just a few weeks away from the meet, Sept. 29th still looking good? I'm still free that weekend. Do we have confirmed people like Rythmik Audio? Anyone bringing anything special? I plan on bringing some drinks for sure, didn't know if you needed anyone to bring anything special.

At some gtgs in the past, people wore "name tags" for a few hours with their username/forum name on them, didn't know if you wanted to do that?

Looking forward to this meet, unfortunately,, I don't have a car big enough or gear small enough to bring anything special. I do have some PA460s not yet in cabs though lol
Hey all,

Sorry, I was a good bit busy doing nothing over the Labor Day weekend. Although I did say I was going to update people via email by now. Sorry, slacker here.

I’ve sent PM’s to everyone that is attending and those that are a maybe to get email addresses. Please respond when you can.

Anyhoo, we are still good for the 29th. If you’ll check out my sig, it will take you to the updated post, who’s coming, who’s a maybe and what subs are attending. Rythmik (Brian and Enrico) will be attending along with one of their new subs the FV18HT, which has a paper driver. JTR is also sending their upgraded 118HT. Marc A is working on something from Seaton. You can also see what else is coming. I believe bgtighe23 might be walking away with PSA Triax if they show up from laserjock II.

Food wise, I’m going to order BBQ from the Pit Room on Richmond unless anyone has any objections. It’s freakin TX after all! I’ll probably have some Kolaches for the morning/late morning. I will pick up a prerequisite 12 pack of beer and I’ll have wine too. I’ll also have stock for margaritas. That’s right......I don’t play around. So, that being said, if this seems fair, everyone bring $15 bucks and whatever else they personally want to drink. Sound good?

Okay, fire away with questions and I’ll email everyone about 2 weeks out!

Todd
jamiebosco likes this.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
post #305 of 435 Old 09-04-2018, 11:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1299 Post(s)
Liked: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddct View Post
Hey all,

Sorry, I was a good bit busy doing nothing over the Labor Day weekend. Although I did say I was going to update people via email by now. Sorry, slacker here.

I’ve sent PM’s to everyone that is attending and those that are a maybe to get email addresses. Please respond when you can.

Anyhoo, we are still good for the 29th. If you’ll check out my sig, it will take you to the updated post, who’s coming, who’s a maybe and what subs are attending. Rythmik (Brian and Enrico) will be attending along with one of their new subs the FV18HT, which has a paper driver. JTR is also sending their upgraded 118HT. Marc A is working on something from Seaton. You can also see what else is coming. I believe bgtighe23 might be walking away with PSA Triax if they show up from laserjock II.

Food wise, I’m going to order BBQ from the Pit Room on Richmond unless anyone has any objections. It’s freakin TX after all! I’ll probably have some Kolaches for the morning/late morning. I will pick up a prerequisite 12 pack of beer and I’ll have wine too. I’ll also have stock for margaritas. That’s right......I don’t play around. So, that being said, if this seems fair, everyone bring $15 bucks and whatever else they personally want to drink. Sound good?

Todd
Dang! Sounds good.
Got the kitchen pass lined up and should make it.

Maybe @Tom Vodhanel can loan us a sub?
post #306 of 435 Old 09-06-2018, 05:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

$15 sounds fine to me.
post #307 of 435 Old 09-06-2018, 05:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
$15 sounds fine to me.

You bringing the Triax? Tom never responded to you right?

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #308 of 435 Old 09-06-2018, 06:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
You bringing the Triax? Tom never responded to you right?

Probably and no.

Aren’t you a PSA customer?

Chris
post #309 of 435 Old 09-06-2018, 06:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
Probably and no.

Aren’t you a PSA customer?

Chris

Indeed I am. But if he ain’t responding to you then likely won’t be to me either. Typically PSA does not send subs to GTGs.

post #310 of 435 Old 09-06-2018, 08:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 2619 Post(s)
Liked: 2375
^^ IIRC, there are at least 2 GTG’s I know that PSA sent their subs.
post #311 of 435 Old 09-06-2018, 09:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
^^ IIRC, there are at least 2 GTG’s I know that PSA sent their subs.

Recently? I guess I can email Tom and ask

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post #312 of 435 Old 09-07-2018, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 2619 Post(s)
Liked: 2375
^^ Not recently, probably a few years ago. I don’t think he will send one but doesn’t hurt to ask. A v36xx would be a good candidate for comparison with all the ported subs Todd is going to have there.
post #313 of 435 Old 09-07-2018, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, my name is Lam and I'm local here in houston/Richmond Texas. How can I sign up to attend this meeting?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
post #314 of 435 Old 09-07-2018, 05:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Houston and surrounding area meet!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punks123 View Post
Hi, my name is Lam and I'm local here in houston/Richmond Texas. How can I sign up to attend this meeting?

Hi @toddct will add your name to the list. Do you have any sub you would like to bring? Also please read the information earlier in the thread posted by Todd on food and logistics etc.

Please PM your email to Todd so he can send our address info.

post #315 of 435 Old 09-07-2018, 05:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quoted: 1495 Post(s)
Liked: 2097
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddct View Post
Hey all,

Todd
Hey buddy! I got your PM. Sorry I haven't responded yet. Turns out this GTG is bag timing for me. I think a friend of mine lives down in the Houston area and I bet he might be down to attend (if he is in town at that moment). Super cool cat...almost as cool as me @trpltongue
toddct likes this.
post #316 of 435 Old 09-07-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Hi @toddct will add your name to the list. Do you have any sub you would like to bring? Also please read the information earlier in the thread posted by Todd on food and logistics etc.

Please PM your email to Todd so he can send our address info.

Thanks for the quick response. I'll pm him in a bit.

As for sub, I don't have anything new. Most of mine are quite old and not sure it if worth mentioning...

post #317 of 435 Old 09-07-2018, 05:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punks123 View Post
Thanks for the quick response. I'll pm him in a bit.

As for sub, I don't have anything new. Most of mine are quite old and not sure it if worth mentioning...

No worries. Take a look at the list above of the subs expected to be at the gtg and see what you think.

post #318 of 435 Old 09-07-2018, 05:37 PM

It look great..

post #319 of 435 Old 09-11-2018, 08:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Liked: 2571
Hi guys,

While I can't make it down myself, as Marc mentioned, I'm looking at getting a pair of JS-12s to you for some pint-sized fun in comparison to all the behemoths there.

Speaking of big boy subs, if you thought it would be worth adding to the mix, would toddct or anyone close by be up for receiving and hauling in an X21AD? I have a black painted test unit here that is scuffed up some, but could be loaded with the new amplifier and work just fine for a listening session. The only hurdle is that it has to ship by freight, so someone would have to receive it, and be willing to strap back down the pallet to head back to us. It looks like you already have quite the lineup there, so fully understood if you'd rather just stick to the JS-12s (I much prefer moving those as well .)
Marc Alexander and Matt2026 like this.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham

Last edited by Mark Seaton; 09-11-2018 at 08:48 AM.
post #320 of 435 Old 09-11-2018, 08:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post
Hi guys,

While I can't make it down myself, as Marc mentioned, I'm looking at getting a pair of JS-12s to you for some pint-sized fun in comparison to all the behemoths there.

Speaking of big boy subs, if you thought it would be worth adding to the mix, would toddct or anyone close by be up for receiving and hauling in an X21PD? I have a black painted test unit here that is scuffed up some, but could be loaded with the new amplifier and work just fine for a listening session. The only hurdle is that it has to ship by freight, so someone would have to receive it, and be willing to strap back down the pallet to head back to us. It looks like you already have quite the lineup there, so fully understood if you'd rather just stick to the JS-12s (I much prefer moving those as well .)

Hi Mark, I had requested Marc to ask you about this so happy to see you want to entertain sending in the 21 incher. I think we would all love to hear it. I believe @toddct or myself can handle this. I will discuss with him offline and confirm what address to send to. I would just plan to send one

femi likes this.

post #321 of 435 Old 09-11-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post
Hi guys,

Speaking of big boy subs, if you thought it would be worth adding to the mix, would toddct or anyone close by be up for receiving and hauling in an X21AD? I have a black painted test unit here that is scuffed up some, but could be loaded with the new amplifier and work just fine for a listening session. The only hurdle is that it has to ship by freight, so someone would have to receive it, and be willing to strap back down the pallet to head back to us. It looks like you already have quite the lineup there, so fully understood if you'd rather just stick to the JS-12s (I much prefer moving those as well .)
Quote:
Hi Mark, I had requested Marc to ask you about this so happy to see you want to entertain sending in the 21 incher. I think we would all love to hear it. I believe @toddct or myself can handle this. I will discuss with him offline and confirm what address to send to. I would just plan to send one
Hey Mark, super awesome of you to offer to send either one! It honestly doesn't matter to me which one you send, I'd love to hear your stuff. It won't be a problem to receive either and I surely don't mind packing them back up to ship back. If you can send all 3 on a pallet.......we'll do that too!! But totally up to you, really. If I were leaning a little one way or the other, I think I'd love to hear your new 21! We are BASS HEADS after all!

Just let me know and I'll PM you my address.

Thanks again for participating and looking forward to hearing your work.

Todd

Edit: Nice to see a fellow mid westerner, Bloomington, IL right here. Cubs or white socks?

Last edited by toddct; 09-11-2018 at 03:16 PM.
post #322 of 435 Old 09-14-2018, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 200
I'm interested in the Rythmik shindig. Let me know where to go.

(I'm from Chicago originally, so Cubs for me!)
toddct likes this.

Home Theater 5.1 Setup: Marantz AV8805, Sunfire TGA-7401, Monitor Audio Gold GX300 Front/Rear, Monitor Audio Gold GXC 350 Center, Rythmik Audio G25HP, Oppo UDP-203, Samsung PN64F8500
PC Audio 5.1 Setup: Denon AVR-X3300W, Monitor Audio Gold GX100 Front/Rear, Monitor Audio Gold GXC 150 Center, Rythmik Audio F12SE
post #323 of 435 Old 09-17-2018, 05:54 PM

Hey everyone,

I just sent an email to everyone that sent me an email. If you think I've missed you and you're still interested in coming please PM me your email.

Off hand, I don't have an email for @enricoclaudio , @Marc Alexander , @conanb , @Gary Bechtold , @tuan209 , @Pain Infliction , and @nandkisham .

Although I could have made a mistake, please send again.

Thanks

Todd

post #324 of 435 Old 09-20-2018, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Move me from "maybe" to "yes." Yay!

Happy to chip in $15 or $20 or whatever for BBQ. Will bring beer.

Might be able to bring my Rythmik L22 depending on what car is available. Will have to see what everyone else in the family is doing that day. Alternatively could bring a pair of Sierra-1 NrTs if people are interested.
toddct likes this.

_____
Study: Schiit Bifrost Multibit > Yamaha A-S500 > Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2/Emotiva S8
Living Room HT: Oppo BDP-83 > Denon X3400H > PSB Image 4T/8C/S50/Rythmik L22
Office: Schiit Modi 3 > NAD C740 > Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 NrT
Bedroom: Onkyo TX-8050 > PSB Image 1B/SubSonic5
post #325 of 435 Old 09-20-2018, 12:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunByrne View Post
Move me from "maybe" to "yes." Yay!

Happy to chip in $15 or $20 or whatever for BBQ. Will bring beer.

Might be able to bring my Rythmik L22 depending on what car is available. Will have to see what everyone else in the family is doing that day. Alternatively could bring a pair of Sierra-1 NrTs if people are interested.

Please PM Todd your email if you have not done so.

post #326 of 435 Old 09-21-2018, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Please PM Todd your email if you have not done so.
Todd and I are in email contact already, yep. Looking forward to it!

_____
Study: Schiit Bifrost Multibit > Yamaha A-S500 > Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2/Emotiva S8
Living Room HT: Oppo BDP-83 > Denon X3400H > PSB Image 4T/8C/S50/Rythmik L22
Office: Schiit Modi 3 > NAD C740 > Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 NrT
Bedroom: Onkyo TX-8050 > PSB Image 1B/SubSonic5
post #327 of 435 Old 09-21-2018, 09:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunByrne View Post
Todd and I are in email contact already, yep. Looking forward to it!

Cool man. I will be bringing name tags in addition to the three subs so we can put our forum handle and real name for getting to know each other.

post #328 of 435 Old 09-24-2018, 05:26 PM

What up!

Just sent another email for the Houston GTG. If you expected to get one and didn't, please PM me your email.

Sub party on Saturday peeps!

Todd

post #329 of 435 Old 09-24-2018, 07:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1846 Post(s)
Liked: 1231
Anyone interested in some Jim Holtz Statements? I can’t bring them because they don’t fit in my little car lol

------------------------------------------------
Receiver : Denon x5200
Front Stage : L/R - Statements by Jim Holtz
Surround Speakers : Klipsch RF-82II x 4 / RP-280F x 2
Subwooferage : 6 UM18/4 HT18 Subwoofer Log
post #330 of 435 Old 09-24-2018, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Anyone interested in some Jim Holtz Statements? I can’t bring them because they don’t fit in my little car lol
What, was he a philosopher? That must be a hyyyyuuuuge book.

DJ

2kW fully active, fully balanced 2 channel Vaders

Overkill IS my middle name.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Area Home Theater Meets

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page