Houston and surrounding area meet!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 16 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 239Likes

post #451 of 458 Old 02-16-2020, 09:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddct View Post
I hear ya dude! I was hoping someone might step up, set a date and send out some invites. That's all you have to do. My house last year was in the middle of sheet rock repair and complete repainting.

Which leads me to my next point, I don't mind getting something together but I'm not necessarily interested in lugging huge ported subs up and down my stairs again. Let me put it another way, my wife is not interested in that either. Don't get me wrong, it was super fun, but a PITA due to the stairs. And I have new paint, you guys get my drift.

So, I propose sealed subs if people want to bring them or we do a bit of a REW, audy, umik, graph session for those that are a bit unfamiliar. Or, and my personal favorite, we drink a lot and just play movies and music at REFERENCE!! My JTRs are up to the abuse.

Now, if someone wants to host, I'll be glad to share my email list and lug over one of my JTRs.

What say you?

Todd
I’ll bring some bourbon..

;p
toddct likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 458 Old 02-16-2020, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Greer View Post
I’m still super interested in a theater crawl. I think it would be a great way to get ideas for our rooms. But driving all over would probably take too much time so we could do west-side or north-side or south-side.

Does anybody have a master list of real email addresses and locations? I imagine that lots of people don’t check in here all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Rob, I think a sub crawl would be pretty cool too. Sounds like we need and organizer.

I don't have any addresses exactly. I just have emails and names. From what I recall, seems like we are all pretty spread out. That doesn't mean it can't be done. Just thinking out loud but I don't know if you'd want to do more than 2 or 3 stops. I'd be game and would include my place as a stop.

Todd
iamsabit313 likes this.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
post #453 of 458 Old 02-22-2020, 04:52 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
DJ, what happened with the GTG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry guys,

Katherine’s father passed away in the fall last year (he was living with us), so we’ve been dealing with all of that, plus the holidays.

On top of that I’ve been killing it at work, so this may have to step back for a few months. I’ll keep everyone updated as to when we can do this.

DJ

2kW fully active, fully balanced 2 channel Vaders

Overkill IS my middle name.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #454 of 458 Old 02-22-2020, 09:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 232
I live in College Station, TX, so within the Houston surrounding area.

Currently running a full JTR setup with 2 S2s for subs.
toddct likes this.
post #455 of 458 Old 02-22-2020, 10:57 PM

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by djreef View Post
Sorry guys,

Katherine’s father passed away in the fall last year (he was living with us), so we’ve been dealing with all of that, plus the holidays.

On top of that I’ve been killing it at work, so this may have to step back for a few months. I’ll keep everyone updated as to when we can do this.

DJ
Sh** dude, sorry to hear. Life can really kick you in the a$$ sometimes.

Keep us posted.

Todd

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
post #456 of 458 Old 03-29-2020, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Meeting Online proposal

The alternative Houston Home Theater "Yahoo" Group has transitioned to the groups.io platform.

The Houston Home Theater Group new Email Addresses
I am planning to host an online web conference for members of this group through the https://zoom.us application

[A recent online meeting, worked very well for members of the Houston Audio Society.]

To receive an invite to the future Zoom based meeting, join the [email protected]

Regards,

Richard Behling
[email protected]
post #457 of 458 Old 03-30-2020, 06:47 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by conanb View Post
[A recent online meeting, worked very well for members of the Houston Audio Society.]
Where can we find (current) info about the Houston Audio Society (and/or sign up)?

Epson Pro Cinema 6050UB Projector, SI Zero Edge 120" Screen, Marantz AV8805, Panasonic DP-UB9000, QNAP 32TB, Apple TV 4K, Microsoft Xbox One X, Emotiva XPA-DR3 Amp, Emotiva XPA-6 Amps (x2), Behringer NX3000D Amp (Buttkickers), Atlantic Technology 8600e LRC Front Speakers, Atlantic Technology 8200e Surround Speakers (x6), Atlantic Technology IC-6 OBA In-Ceiling Speakers (x6), SVS PB16 Ultra Piano Gloss Black Subwoofers (x4), full info here
post #458 of 458 Old 03-30-2020, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Exclamation Houston Audio Society groups.io

Group Email Addresses

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Area Home Theater Meets

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page