Wisconsin Area Home Theater Meet Thread - Page 92 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1723Likes

post #2731 of 2734 Old 06-29-2020, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Joined discord šŸ‘
srw1000, SOWK and feistyacorn like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2732 of 2734 Old 06-30-2020, 08:18 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortelvis View Post
I took a break this weekend from working on my theater to add 5.1 to my bedroom. Been on my to-do list for years and I really wanted to try out these Micca speakers to see if I like them for Atmos duties in the theater. They sound great - and the movable tweeter can point right to my side of the bed.

I really like the sound of these Miccas. They don't compare to my Triads, but at $60 each they don't have to.
Very nice! I bought those same speakers to use in my kitchen as part of my WHA setup and like them a lot for the price. I have been having an issue with them though where something is rattling with the speakers when playing at higher volumes. I assume it is one of the components in the back of the speaker but unsure. I've taken them down a couple times to try and figure it out with no luck.
tortelvis likes this.

Denon X4000 | Paradigm Studio 60s | Paradigm Studio CC-590 | Dual SVS PB-2000s | Sony VPL-HW40es | 110" Seymour Ambient Visionnaire 1.3 | Intel NUC i5 HTPC
post #2733 of 2734 Old 06-30-2020, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 133
That's not good. I may have to crank them up a bit and check. Do you have any insulation or backer boxes around them or in an empty cavity? Is it a particular speaker or all of them?

My Theater Build: Fleur de Lis Theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2734 of 2734 Old 07-01-2020, 10:13 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortelvis View Post
That's not good. I may have to crank them up a bit and check. Do you have any insulation or backer boxes around them or in an empty cavity? Is it a particular speaker or all of them?
Only have two of these speakers but they both rattle, although one more than the other. No back boxes but I do have the pink insulation added behind it.

Denon X4000 | Paradigm Studio 60s | Paradigm Studio CC-590 | Dual SVS PB-2000s | Sony VPL-HW40es | 110" Seymour Ambient Visionnaire 1.3 | Intel NUC i5 HTPC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Area Home Theater Meets

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page