Okay guys, I mentioned this in the "Official Michigan Home Theater Get Together" thread... but here's the official thread about it
It's about time I host a get together... but this won't be a normal home theater get together. My theater doesn't hold a candle... or even a match... to the theaters that have been on display at the other get togethers - so the theater won't really be the focus of the get together. Instead it is going to be about the whole "cinema experience" I've created in the basement.
Basically I'm calling this a "Come check out the basement bar, arcade, and budget theater" get together
To be determined, but probably in May
English Way Cinema and Brewing Company - located in Novi, MI near 13 Mile and Novi Road.
: featuring a kegerator with 2 types of beer on tap - most likely one will be Oberon since it comes out this month. Liquor and mixers to make whatever you may want.
Big Buck Hunter, Megatouch Ion 2008 bartop gaming machine, custom cabinet MAME/Hyperspin based multicade arcade setup with LED button control panel, RetroPi setup for playing console games
- Screen: 117" DIY milliskin spandex 2 layer white over black screen
- Projector: BenQ HT-2050 DLP 3D projector
- Amp: HK AVR-3600 doing processing duty, HK VR-635 doing amplifier duty
- Speakers (7.2 configuration): Pioneer SP-FS51-LR front towers, Pioneer SP-C21 Center, Emotiva ERD-1 surrounds, Dayton crappy rear speakers, 2x Elemental Designs A2-300 subs
- HTPC: OpenELEC system running Kodi with CinemaVision doing the "theater experience" duties
- Control: Harmony Elite remote linked with Insteon hub - all integrated with Amazon "Dot" devices
- Seats: 3 Costco Pulaski HT seats, back row is remnants of a leather sectional couch
concession snacks/candy, theater popcorn, custom made "ticket booth"
Anyway - my room is not huge, but the overall basement space is pretty large so there isn't really a cut off on how many people we can accommodate. The theater has seating for 6-7, but standing room for a few more. I have enough 3D glasses for 8 people at a time if anyone wants to check out how a budget projector does 3D (the answer is REALLY well!).
I am waiting on work to let me know what weekend days I've been assigned before I can tell you guys the date... but I'm shooting for May sometime?
So let me know who's interested!
From the other thread I have: