Los Angeles Home Theater Group Meet - Page 284 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 665Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #8491 of 9545 Old 09-20-2017, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
edoggrc51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 1,535
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanpino View Post
OCT 28TH LA HT HALLOWEEN GTG


ATTENDEES THUS FAR:

@kyzer soze (Micheal Simpson)
@pokekevin (Kevin)
@mikela (Mike)
@Ese (Richard)
@bcodemz (Brian)
@phatfreeza (Jorge)
@adude (Monoj)
@aceg1 (Eric)
@Toc (Toc)
@calentz (Classic Carl)
@fookoo_2010 (Carl)
@Roger Dressler (Roger) Via Skype on the big screen. Special Virtual guest LOL
@inspector (John E. Sparks)
@RobertR (Robert)
@Scott Simonian (Scott)
@PeterTHX (Peter)"tentative"
@iskandam (Michael L)
@ja00 "Tentative"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
OCT 1st
Alexander Media Room OPEN HOUSE
West Corona, CA


ATTENDIES:
@ivanpino
@mikela
@Keyser Soze (Mike)

@fookoo_2010 (Carl)
@Toc
@phatfreeza (Jorge)
@Peterc613

TENTATIVE:
@bulls (Peter)
@PeterTHX
@aceg1 (Eric)
@calentz (Carl)
Thanks for the invite fellas. Depending how work is going i might be able to attend both, or one, or none. lol

Would guys mind listening your systems? Im always curious to see what other fellow enthusiasts are using.
edoggrc51 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8492 of 9545 Old 09-20-2017, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Marc Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Inland Empire, CA
Posts: 13,202
Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5221 Post(s)
Liked: 4751
Quote:
Originally Posted by edoggrc51 View Post
Thanks for the invite fellas. Depending how work is going i might be able to attend both, or one, or none. lol

Would guys mind listening your systems? Im always curious to see what other fellow enthusiasts are using.
I'm listening my system right now!

Lyngdorf MP-50 SSP
Mirage Omnipolar speakers
4x Seaton F18+, 2x Funk DO12 (18.0C equivalent) & 2x Turbosound iP12b MBMs in stereo
7.3.6
chucky7, edoggrc51 and Bait-fish like this.
Marc Alexander is offline  
post #8493 of 9545 Old 09-20-2017, 12:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
edoggrc51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 1,535
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
I'm listening my system right now!

Lyngdorf MP-50 SSP
Mirage Omnipolar speakers
4x Seaton F18+, 2x Funk DO12 (18.0C equivalent) & 2x Turbosound iP12b MBMs in stereo
7.3.6
Very nice. What are you powering the Mirage’s with? Display??
edoggrc51 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8494 of 9545 Old 09-20-2017, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chucky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 4,385
Mentioned: 287 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3366 Post(s)
Liked: 4039
Thank you for the invitation, ivanpino. However, I don't think I can make it on Oct 28th... Again, thank you!

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Neosis 212HT. Surrounds: Jamo C103, KEF Q100, Polk Audio RTiA3.
Subwoofer: JTR Captivator 4000ULF.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Samsung UN75NU8000FXZA.

FS: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3
chucky7 is online now  
post #8495 of 9545 Old 09-20-2017, 02:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ivanpino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,508
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Here is Detailed list of my HT. I hardly ever post what I have. I will this time so see if it attracts new members. Most have been here plenty of times. The main reason for these GTG is to hang out and meet new people with this same passion. Of Course demos and comparisons are fun but the company is better. After over 10 years of being part of this group I have made many good Friends.

Video Consists of the following
JVCX50R 4k eshift model
110" Steward Studio Tek 100
Video Running with Kodi + Madvr on PC

PC Components
Thermalake Core X9 Snow Edition Case
X99A Gaming 7 motherboard
Intel Core i7 5820K 6 core processor liquid cooled
Cosrsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2600Mhz 4x8GB
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB internal SSD M.2
Dual Asus 980Ti OC video cards
40TB of Storage

Audio Components
Pre Pro is Marantz 8801
3 Main Front Speakers are Triad Gold
4 Rear Surrounds are Triad Silver
3 Mains + 2 Sides powered by Parasound Halo A51
2 rears powered by 2 mono block amps
Dual Subs are TC Sounds LMS 15" (Never got another pair and I have the boxes made when I got the first pair) @Eddo g51 these are the baby brothers to yours LOL
Powered by iNuke NU6000DSP

Most Important Component The Room
Roughly 12x14
6" absorption all around the room combined with diffusion
Ceiling is 2" absorption with 2" gap
Most of room is covered with Black Velvet except where speakers are located those are covered with GOM cloth
2 Sofas for seating 4 people each with one on a 4" riser
RobertR, chucky7, bulls and 3 others like this.
ivanpino is offline  
post #8496 of 9545 Old 09-20-2017, 03:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
edoggrc51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 1,535
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Very nice Ivan!

I heard a pair of those 15in TC Sounds subs in a dual oppsed box some years ago. I thought they sounded great. Sound quality was spot on and the output was killer.

I like how you listed your treated room as the most important factor in your theater. #facts
RUR likes this.
edoggrc51 is offline  
post #8497 of 9545 Old 09-20-2017, 03:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pokekevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 5,048
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Ivan, you got....a pc????

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
pokekevin is offline  
post #8498 of 9545 Old 09-20-2017, 03:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ivanpino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,508
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post
Ivan, you got....a pc????
Yes sir
ivanpino is offline  
post #8499 of 9545 Old 09-20-2017, 03:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ivanpino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,508
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by edoggrc51 View Post
Very nice Ivan!

I heard a pair of those 15in TC Sounds subs in a dual oppsed box some years ago. I thought they sounded great. Sound quality was spot on and the output was killer.

I like how you listed your treated room as the most important factor in your theater. #facts
Your quads sounded magnificent the day I was over a few years back. Now you have Atmos and a new PJ. Would love to go back and listen and see the changes and improvements. You must be enjoying.
ivanpino is offline  
post #8500 of 9545 Old 09-20-2017, 05:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
edoggrc51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 1,535
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanpino View Post
Your quads sounded magnificent the day I was over a few years back. Now you have Atmos and a new PJ. Would love to go back and listen and see the changes and improvements. You must be enjoying.
Just say when boss.

One thing I also added a few years ago that I absolutely Love is the Crowson Transducers. They add another element to the movie watching experience.

Last edited by edoggrc51; 09-20-2017 at 08:05 PM.
edoggrc51 is offline  
post #8501 of 9545 Old 09-20-2017, 06:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ivanpino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,508
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 149
OCT 28TH LA HT HALLOWEEN GTG


ATTENDEES THUS FAR:

@kyzer soze (Micheal Simpson)
@pokekevin (Kevin)
@mikela (Mike)
@Ese (Richard)
@bcodemz (Brian)
@phatfreeza (Jorge)
@adude (Monoj)
@aceg1 (Eric)
@Toc (Toc)
@calentz (Classic Carl)
@fookoo_2010 (Carl)
@Roger Dressler (Roger) Via Skype on the big screen. Special Virtual guest LOL
@inspector (John E. Sparks)
@RobertR (Robert)
@Scott Simonian (Scott)
@PeterTHX (Peter)"tentative"
@iskandam (Michael L)
@ja00 "Tentative"
@stevekaden (Steve)
Carl's Guest
@sdurani (Sanjay)
@Saber008
@asarose247 (Will) Early morning
@duc135 (Duc)

Last edited by ivanpino; 09-21-2017 at 02:16 PM.
ivanpino is offline  
post #8502 of 9545 Old 09-20-2017, 06:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
fookoo_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,161
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanpino View Post
OCT 28TH LA HT HALLOWEEN GTG


ATTENDEES THUS FAR:

@kyzer soze (Micheal Simpson)
@pokekevin (Kevin)
@mikela (Mike)
@Ese (Richard)
@bcodemz (Brian)
@phatfreeza (Jorge)
@adude (Monoj)
@aceg1 (Eric)
@Toc (Toc)
@calentz (Classic Carl)
@fookoo_2010 (Carl)
@Roger Dressler (Roger) Via Skype on the big screen. Special Virtual guest LOL
@inspector (John E. Sparks)
@RobertR (Robert)
@Scott Simonian (Scott)
@PeterTHX (Peter)"tentative"
@iskandam (Michael L)
@ja00 "Tentative"
@stevekaden (Steve)
Add one to your list. I have invited someone.
fookoo_2010 is offline  
post #8503 of 9545 Old 09-20-2017, 06:13 PM
Member
 
stevekaden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: West LA
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Hi Ivan, and all,

Thanks for poking me - as usual so tied up I miss almost everything - this is a perfect date...assuming no crisis.... so count me in. At least pizza unless someone has a request and I'll bring a bottle of something. I will take requests on that - hopefully it matches what I have as I might be moving and need to slim up.

So suggest time? 10 in the morning till ???

Steve

Partying my new XBR75-X940D, soon new Denon X4200 AVR
stevekaden is offline  
post #8504 of 9545 Old 09-20-2017, 07:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
mikela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 996
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by edoggrc51 View Post
Just say when boss.

One thing I also added a few years ago that absolutely Love is the Crowson Transducers. They add another element to the movie watching experience.
Would love to audition those. I wired my theater for them.
mikela is offline  
post #8505 of 9545 Old 09-20-2017, 07:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ivanpino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,508
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekaden View Post
Hi Ivan, and all,

Thanks for poking me - as usual so tied up I miss almost everything - this is a perfect date...assuming no crisis.... so count me in. At least pizza unless someone has a request and I'll bring a bottle of something. I will take requests on that - hopefully it matches what I have as I might be moving and need to slim up.

So suggest time? 10 in the morning till ???

Steve
Hello Steve welcome back,

10am till ???? Sounds about right, but in the past I know we have gotten together for an early breakfast from 8am-10am. Anyone up for that?
ivanpino is offline  
post #8506 of 9545 Old 09-20-2017, 07:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
mikela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 996
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanpino View Post
Hello Steve welcome back,

10am till ???? Sounds about right, but in the past I know we have gotten together for an early breakfast from 8am-10am. Anyone up for that?
Yup
mikela is offline  
post #8507 of 9545 Old 09-20-2017, 07:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Saber008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: San Diego
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanpino View Post
Lots of fun. If this is your hobby, you will get to meet others like you. We have a very talented group of people in our group. Oh and did I mention Tequila shots.
Hmm, sounds like fun. Where do I sign up?
Saber008 is offline  
post #8508 of 9545 Old 09-20-2017, 08:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
edoggrc51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 1,535
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikela View Post
Would love to audition those. I wired my theater for them.
Of course. Whenever you’re ready we can set something up.
edoggrc51 is offline  
post #8509 of 9545 Old 09-20-2017, 08:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ivanpino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,508
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber008 View Post
Hmm, sounds like fun. Where do I sign up?
You just did. LOL Welcome. Maybe you can find someone in San Diego to Carpool with.
ivanpino is offline  
post #8510 of 9545 Old 09-20-2017, 09:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asarose247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DIY enabled in SoCal / OC
Posts: 4,238
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1178 Post(s)
Liked: 1041
10 A.M in the morning ? why the heck didn't you say so.

I'll be there

I bet i can still make it to an Elks Halloween dinner dance by 7:30./

BOOOOOOOOOO!

or Hurrrrraaaahhhhh!

DIY FAN Denon X4400 , ATI A 2000 for 7.4.6 SCATMOS Sammy 82" 4K/HDR
L/R: Fusion 15 V2 , C: 88 Special , SL/SR: 88 Special(V2) , RL/RR: F-3, TF/TR: Volt 6's TM: SLX, FH: F4Q4
SUBMAXIMUS V2, ,Submaximus V3,LOWARHORNCustom Dual Driver VBSS,2 x 6000DSP
asarose247 is offline  
post #8511 of 9545 Old 09-20-2017, 10:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ivanpino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,508
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by asarose247 View Post
10 A.M in the morning ? why the heck didn't you say so.

I'll be there

I bet i can still make it to an Elks Halloween dinner dance by 7:30./

BOOOOOOOOOO!

or Hurrrrraaaahhhhh!
8am if you want breakfast
ivanpino is offline  
post #8512 of 9545 Old 09-21-2017, 02:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
duc135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,109
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanpino View Post
8am if you want breakfast
Thanks for the PM Ivan. I thought this thread had died a year or so ago since I stopped getting notifications of new postings. I can't make the breakfast, but count me in for the GTG.

Man, I was looking forward to hearing the full four subs. I just checked Part-Express and they no longer carry the TC Sounds drivers. What size enclosure do you have again? Maybe another driver might work in there.
duc135 is offline  
post #8513 of 9545 Old 09-21-2017, 02:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ivanpino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,508
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc135 View Post
Thanks for the PM Ivan. I thought this thread had died a year or so ago since I stopped getting notifications of new postings. I can't make the breakfast, but count me in for the GTG.

Man, I was looking forward to hearing the full four subs. I just checked Part-Express and they no longer carry the TC Sounds drivers. What size enclosure do you have again? Maybe another driver might work in there.
Hey Nice to hear from you. This thread has never died and is still kicking strong. I would have text or called but I no longer have your number.

yeah they stopped making them almost right after I got the first 2. Looking forward to seeing you again. I will add you to our list. On the PM I sent you is my number.
ivanpino is offline  
post #8514 of 9545 Old 09-21-2017, 02:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
duc135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,109
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanpino View Post
Hey Nice to hear from you. This thread has never died and is still kicking strong. I would have text or called but I no longer have your number.

yeah they stopped making them almost right after I got the first 2. Looking forward to seeing you again. I will add you to our list. On the PM I sent you is my number.
According to Part-Express website the LMS-R 15 uses a 1.53ft^3 sealed enclosure. The Dayton Audio RSS390HO looks like it may be almost a perfect drop in replacement assuming the 4ohm impedance works for you. I'm assuming you're running your LMS-Rs that way. If not, you can also try the Alpine SWR-1522D.
duc135 is offline  
post #8515 of 9545 Old 09-21-2017, 03:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ivanpino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,508
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc135 View Post
According to Part-Express website the LMS-R 15 uses a 1.53ft^3 sealed enclosure. The Dayton Audio RSS390HO looks like it may be almost a perfect drop in replacement assuming the 4ohm impedance works for you. I'm assuming you're running your LMS-Rs that way. If not, you can also try the Alpine SWR-1522D.
Ideally I would want the same quality or better of the LMS and matching drivers. What other choices do I have?
ivanpino is offline  
post #8516 of 9545 Old 09-21-2017, 03:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
duc135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,109
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanpino View Post
Ideally I would want the same quality or better of the LMS and matching drivers. What other choices do I have?
I haven't really kept up with sub drivers in the last couple of years so I don't know what's out there now. If you want to test out the Alpines I have a pair I can pull out of their enclosure. The specs are pretty similar.
duc135 is offline  
post #8517 of 9545 Old 09-21-2017, 03:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ivanpino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,508
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc135 View Post
I haven't really kept up with sub drivers in the last couple of years so I don't know what's out there now. If you want to test out the Alpines I have a pair I can pull out of their enclosure. The specs are pretty similar.
We can do that.
ivanpino is offline  
post #8518 of 9545 Old 09-21-2017, 03:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
duc135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,109
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanpino View Post
We can do that.
I'm out of town this weekend, but should be free after that. Let me know when you want to do this.
duc135 is offline  
post #8519 of 9545 Old 09-21-2017, 03:54 PM
Member
 
iskandam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I missed the last GTG but I look forward to meeting everyone again for this one. Thanks for hosting Ivan!

Marc, if you can accommodate another person I'd like to join your 10/1 GTG as well. I'd love to hear the Lyngdorf MP-50 in action.
iskandam is offline  
post #8520 of 9545 Old 09-21-2017, 04:27 PM
Member
 
avkv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanpino View Post
Hey Nice to hear from you. This thread has never died and is still kicking strong. I would have text or called but I no longer have your number.

yeah they stopped making them almost right after I got the first 2. Looking forward to seeing you again. I will add you to our list. On the PM I sent you is my number.
Ivan, I would love to attend. It's crazy that I was ignorant of these meetings! Making it on the 28th would be difficult, but plausible. It depends partly on the hour, since I will be getting in from a flight in the early evening.
avkv is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Area Home Theater Meets

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off