Any Jacksonville Florida HT people? - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 830Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #751 of 1778 Old 07-05-2017, 07:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,686
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2146 Post(s)
Liked: 2194
Quote:
Originally Posted by filtor1 View Post
It really does. It's only a 55", but that is all wifey would agree to. When it was on the wall by itself it was fine, but as I keep building speakers it has become tiny.
did u get those new subs dialed in yet?
filtor1 likes this.

Receiver : Pioneer Elite SC-95
Front Speakers: 3 DIYSG 1099's
Surround Speakers:2 DIYSG Volt 10's Atmos: 2 DIYSG Volt 6's
Subwoofers: Dual LaVoce SAN214.50 21's in Cyclops enclosures w/Inuke 6000 DSP Channel A
Nearfield: 4 B-52 SP-1804 18s w/Inuke 6000DSP Channel B
chadsmith013 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #752 of 1778 Old 07-05-2017, 08:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,686
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2146 Post(s)
Liked: 2194
@biliam1982 .... you almost ready for the next GTG,.,..ready to get my cherry coke on!!!
filtor1 likes this.

Receiver : Pioneer Elite SC-95
Front Speakers: 3 DIYSG 1099's
Surround Speakers:2 DIYSG Volt 10's Atmos: 2 DIYSG Volt 6's
Subwoofers: Dual LaVoce SAN214.50 21's in Cyclops enclosures w/Inuke 6000 DSP Channel A
Nearfield: 4 B-52 SP-1804 18s w/Inuke 6000DSP Channel B
chadsmith013 is online now  
post #753 of 1778 Old 07-05-2017, 08:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
filtor1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,406
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
did u get those new subs dialed in yet?
Haven't even dug out the iNuke. I offered them to bilian1982 when he is ready.

I am at a weird place. Either the baby, middle child, or mother in law is sleeping. The MIL isn't accustomed to the static noise level in my house, so adding these right now isn't feasible. Even when I play music at a moderate level with my current 15", she goes to her room. I am hopeful my situation will change, but the time line isn't certain on when she will go home or if she will at all. To keep the house as peaceful as I can, I haven't even hooked them up.
filtor1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #754 of 1778 Old 07-05-2017, 08:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,686
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2146 Post(s)
Liked: 2194
Quote:
Originally Posted by filtor1 View Post
Haven't even dug out the iNuke. I offered them to bilian1982 when he is ready.

I am at a weird place. Either the baby, middle child, or mother in law is sleeping. The MIL isn't accustomed to the static noise level in my house, so adding these right now isn't feasible. Even when I play music at a moderate level with my current 15", she goes to her room. I am hopeful my situation will change, but the time line isn't certain on when she will go home or if she will at all. To keep the house as peaceful as I can, I haven't even hooked them up.
ughhh..sorry to hear that....sounds like not an ideal situation...hopefully its just temporary..

so you gonna offload them to biliam soon? thats pretty cool...not sure if his neighbor will like that...

ps..i think you and I are the only ones left who post..lol
filtor1 likes this.

Receiver : Pioneer Elite SC-95
Front Speakers: 3 DIYSG 1099's
Surround Speakers:2 DIYSG Volt 10's Atmos: 2 DIYSG Volt 6's
Subwoofers: Dual LaVoce SAN214.50 21's in Cyclops enclosures w/Inuke 6000 DSP Channel A
Nearfield: 4 B-52 SP-1804 18s w/Inuke 6000DSP Channel B
chadsmith013 is online now  
post #755 of 1778 Old 07-05-2017, 08:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
filtor1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,406
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
ughhh..sorry to hear that....sounds like not an ideal situation...hopefully its just temporary..

so you gonna offload them to biliam soon? thats pretty cool...not sure if his neighbor will like that...

ps..i think you and I are the only ones left who post..lol
I hope it is temporary as well.

biliam mentioned he was interested. It would be cool if he could get some use out of them. They are just sitting here. Does his neighbor like Cherry Coke? Corona? I brought my neighbors their favorite beer all the time when I lived in a neighborhood.

I think we are. It is summer. Most people are out traveling with their families. It isn't an option for us this year, but we would typically be mia for a bit. They will trickle back.
chadsmith013 likes this.
filtor1 is offline  
post #756 of 1778 Old 07-05-2017, 09:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,686
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2146 Post(s)
Liked: 2194
Quote:
Originally Posted by filtor1 View Post
I hope it is temporary as well.

biliam mentioned he was interested. It would be cool if he could get some use out of them. They are just sitting here. Does his neighbor like Cherry Coke? Corona? I brought my neighbors their favorite beer all the time when I lived in a neighborhood.

I think we are. It is summer. Most people are out traveling with their families. It isn't an option for us this year, but we would typically be mia for a bit. They will trickle back.
not sure what his neighbor likes..but thats not a bad idea...i do live in a community, but luckily are houses are pretty well spaced apart..

my vacation is coming up..got a cruise in September, then doing my daughters bday at Disney in October...guess that will be my slow time.
filtor1 likes this.

Receiver : Pioneer Elite SC-95
Front Speakers: 3 DIYSG 1099's
Surround Speakers:2 DIYSG Volt 10's Atmos: 2 DIYSG Volt 6's
Subwoofers: Dual LaVoce SAN214.50 21's in Cyclops enclosures w/Inuke 6000 DSP Channel A
Nearfield: 4 B-52 SP-1804 18s w/Inuke 6000DSP Channel B
chadsmith013 is online now  
post #757 of 1778 Old 07-05-2017, 04:16 PM
Senior Member
 
dengland's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rockledge, FL
Posts: 487
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by easycruise View Post
As promised, here are some pictures..
Very nice! I have heard nothing but good things about Night Sky Murals.

Just discovered this thread. I am a bit south of you guys, but I feel connected to Jax since my daughter just graduated from UNF and is starting a job there in about a month. I am looking forward to reading the thread from the beginning.
dengland is offline  
post #758 of 1778 Old 07-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Member
 
rselby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
wow guys....never thought this would ever go anywhere...i posted like a yr ago...anyway good to see some of you guys are building theaters or dedicated rooms....I didnt see any pics...can yall up load some....i will get some of mine up...still got a few things to finish though
rselby is offline  
post #759 of 1778 Old 07-05-2017, 06:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
easycruise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Palm Coast, Florida
Posts: 625
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
holy cow man that looks amazing..i would be embarassed to have you over to mine...that looks very impressive..great job!!

btw..if you ever wanted to host a GTG to show off that beautiful room..let us know..if not..no worries either...
Thank You! Any AVS forum member is welcome to come over! As far as a GTG??,. I'm still fine tuning the seating arrangements, but I can seat 5 people right now.
chadsmith013 likes this.
easycruise is offline  
post #760 of 1778 Old 07-06-2017, 05:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,686
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2146 Post(s)
Liked: 2194
Quote:
Originally Posted by dengland View Post
Very nice! I have heard nothing but good things about Night Sky Murals.

Just discovered this thread. I am a bit south of you guys, but I feel connected to Jax since my daughter just graduated from UNF and is starting a job there in about a month. I am looking forward to reading the thread from the beginning.
awesome and welcome...i think we have a few guys in here that are a bit closer to you...

Receiver : Pioneer Elite SC-95
Front Speakers: 3 DIYSG 1099's
Surround Speakers:2 DIYSG Volt 10's Atmos: 2 DIYSG Volt 6's
Subwoofers: Dual LaVoce SAN214.50 21's in Cyclops enclosures w/Inuke 6000 DSP Channel A
Nearfield: 4 B-52 SP-1804 18s w/Inuke 6000DSP Channel B
chadsmith013 is online now  
post #761 of 1778 Old 07-06-2017, 05:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,686
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2146 Post(s)
Liked: 2194
Quote:
Originally Posted by rselby View Post
wow guys....never thought this would ever go anywhere...i posted like a yr ago...anyway good to see some of you guys are building theaters or dedicated rooms....I didnt see any pics...can yall up load some....i will get some of mine up...still got a few things to finish though
i will get some loaded soon..i see that from your post a ways back you are close to the airport? i live about 5 minutes from the River City Marketplace..

what kind of equipment do you have?

Receiver : Pioneer Elite SC-95
Front Speakers: 3 DIYSG 1099's
Surround Speakers:2 DIYSG Volt 10's Atmos: 2 DIYSG Volt 6's
Subwoofers: Dual LaVoce SAN214.50 21's in Cyclops enclosures w/Inuke 6000 DSP Channel A
Nearfield: 4 B-52 SP-1804 18s w/Inuke 6000DSP Channel B
chadsmith013 is online now  
post #762 of 1778 Old 07-06-2017, 05:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,686
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2146 Post(s)
Liked: 2194
Quote:
Originally Posted by easycruise View Post
Thank You! Any AVS forum member is welcome to come over! As far as a GTG??,. I'm still fine tuning the seating arrangements, but I can seat 5 people right now.
5 people sound pretty good...our list members for northern Florida is growing...guess we need to see who all is interested in getting together..we cant let all the up north guys have all the fun...but yes im definately interested in seeing your place.

Receiver : Pioneer Elite SC-95
Front Speakers: 3 DIYSG 1099's
Surround Speakers:2 DIYSG Volt 10's Atmos: 2 DIYSG Volt 6's
Subwoofers: Dual LaVoce SAN214.50 21's in Cyclops enclosures w/Inuke 6000 DSP Channel A
Nearfield: 4 B-52 SP-1804 18s w/Inuke 6000DSP Channel B
chadsmith013 is online now  
post #763 of 1778 Old 07-06-2017, 08:13 AM
Member
 
rselby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
i will get some loaded soon..i see that from your post a ways back you are close to the airport? i live about 5 minutes from the River City Marketplace..

what kind of equipment do you have?

I am Lexington park, I have a projector/ 135", screen bunch of subs few power amps , converted room 17 x 24 , still a few things I want to change or add to room
rselby is offline  
post #764 of 1778 Old 07-06-2017, 08:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,686
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2146 Post(s)
Liked: 2194
Quote:
Originally Posted by rselby View Post
I am Lexington park, I have a projector/ 135", screen bunch of subs few power amps , converted room 17 x 24 , still a few things I want to change or add to room
what kind of subs? looks like we are about 10 minutes from each other..pretty cool.

Receiver : Pioneer Elite SC-95
Front Speakers: 3 DIYSG 1099's
Surround Speakers:2 DIYSG Volt 10's Atmos: 2 DIYSG Volt 6's
Subwoofers: Dual LaVoce SAN214.50 21's in Cyclops enclosures w/Inuke 6000 DSP Channel A
Nearfield: 4 B-52 SP-1804 18s w/Inuke 6000DSP Channel B
chadsmith013 is online now  
post #765 of 1778 Old 07-06-2017, 09:04 AM
Member
 
rselby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
what kind of subs? looks like we are about 10 minutes from each other..pretty cool.
4 x SI 18" and 2 x 12" WMD do sub duty and 6 x 15" / 2 x 12"for main and surround and center ( all CV ) , if you want to come check it out some time PM me
chadsmith013 likes this.
rselby is offline  
post #766 of 1778 Old 07-06-2017, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,686
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2146 Post(s)
Liked: 2194
Quote:
Originally Posted by rselby View Post
4 x SI 18" and 2 x 12" WMD do sub duty and 6 x 15" / 2 x 12"for main and surround and center ( all CV ) , if you want to come check it out some time PM me
dang man it sounds like you got some serious fire power...I only have 2 Dayton Ho 18's...yeah id like to check it out some time..I will PM you..my next few weekends are pretty booked, but we will have to set something up. not sure if @Mattcc22 would be interested..its a little but more of a drive for him..he is in Fleming Island.

Receiver : Pioneer Elite SC-95
Front Speakers: 3 DIYSG 1099's
Surround Speakers:2 DIYSG Volt 10's Atmos: 2 DIYSG Volt 6's
Subwoofers: Dual LaVoce SAN214.50 21's in Cyclops enclosures w/Inuke 6000 DSP Channel A
Nearfield: 4 B-52 SP-1804 18s w/Inuke 6000DSP Channel B
chadsmith013 is online now  
post #767 of 1778 Old 07-06-2017, 09:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Mattcc22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jacksonville / Orange Park, FL
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
dang man it sounds like you got some serious fire power...I only have 2 Dayton Ho 18's...yeah id like to check it out some time..I will PM you..my next few weekends are pretty booked, but we will have to set something up. not sure if @Mattcc22 would be interested..its a little but more of a drive for him..he is in Fleming Island.
I'm in Oakleaf, not Fleming. My wife works in Fleming. Not too bad of a drive...I'm down for hearing someone else's system!
Mattcc22 is offline  
post #768 of 1778 Old 07-06-2017, 09:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,686
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2146 Post(s)
Liked: 2194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattcc22 View Post
I'm in Oakleaf, not Fleming. My wife works in Fleming. Not too bad of a drive...I'm down for hearing someone else's system!
oakleaf / fleming same thing...lol

yeah i kind of said that wrong..my bad.

Matt..maybe we can work on something where we can hit his house up for some demos and then we swing over to mine for some REW treatment and an acoustic gameplan?????

ive always had a fascination for cerwin vega..would be great to hear them, along wit the subs

Receiver : Pioneer Elite SC-95
Front Speakers: 3 DIYSG 1099's
Surround Speakers:2 DIYSG Volt 10's Atmos: 2 DIYSG Volt 6's
Subwoofers: Dual LaVoce SAN214.50 21's in Cyclops enclosures w/Inuke 6000 DSP Channel A
Nearfield: 4 B-52 SP-1804 18s w/Inuke 6000DSP Channel B

Last edited by chadsmith013; 07-06-2017 at 09:26 AM.
chadsmith013 is online now  
post #769 of 1778 Old 07-06-2017, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,686
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2146 Post(s)
Liked: 2194
Quote:
Originally Posted by dengland View Post
Very nice! I have heard nothing but good things about Night Sky Murals.

Just discovered this thread. I am a bit south of you guys, but I feel connected to Jax since my daughter just graduated from UNF and is starting a job there in about a month. I am looking forward to reading the thread from the beginning.
I believe @HighEndWire is close to you..he is in Rockledge..

Receiver : Pioneer Elite SC-95
Front Speakers: 3 DIYSG 1099's
Surround Speakers:2 DIYSG Volt 10's Atmos: 2 DIYSG Volt 6's
Subwoofers: Dual LaVoce SAN214.50 21's in Cyclops enclosures w/Inuke 6000 DSP Channel A
Nearfield: 4 B-52 SP-1804 18s w/Inuke 6000DSP Channel B
chadsmith013 is online now  
post #770 of 1778 Old 07-06-2017, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
HighEndWire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Central FL
Posts: 802
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
I believe @HighEndWire is close to you..he is in Rockledge..
Yes - just south of Rockledge.

Main System (Integrated AV)- Lumin U1, Modwright LS36.5 DM Preamp, Modwright KWA150SE Amp, EMM Labs DAC 2X (ver. 2), Torus RM-20, Thiel CS 3.7s, 2 Rel Storm III subs
Back-up 1 - HAL MS-2 Music Server, Odyssey Candela Preamp, Bryston 3BST Amp, Meitner MA-1 DAC, 2 Richard Gray cond, Ohm Microwalsh Talls, Rel Strata III sub
Back-up 2 - (Integrated AV) HAL MS-3 Music Server, Sherbourn Pre-1, Emotiva XPA 200 Amp, Teac UD-501 DAC, Vansevers cond, B&W P6s, Rel Q150 sub
HighEndWire is offline  
post #771 of 1778 Old 07-06-2017, 09:56 AM
Advanced Member
 
HighEndWire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Central FL
Posts: 802
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by dengland View Post
Very nice! I have heard nothing but good things about Night Sky Murals.

Just discovered this thread. I am a bit south of you guys, but I feel connected to Jax since my daughter just graduated from UNF and is starting a job there in about a month. I am looking forward to reading the thread from the beginning.

I have lots of pics of both the old place in Northern VA (moved here the end of 2013) or the new place. You're doing the right thing in planning. Below is a pic of what my old house basement looked like with the Carada (88 inch) screen and bar area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Basement2.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	2221209  

Main System (Integrated AV)- Lumin U1, Modwright LS36.5 DM Preamp, Modwright KWA150SE Amp, EMM Labs DAC 2X (ver. 2), Torus RM-20, Thiel CS 3.7s, 2 Rel Storm III subs
Back-up 1 - HAL MS-2 Music Server, Odyssey Candela Preamp, Bryston 3BST Amp, Meitner MA-1 DAC, 2 Richard Gray cond, Ohm Microwalsh Talls, Rel Strata III sub
Back-up 2 - (Integrated AV) HAL MS-3 Music Server, Sherbourn Pre-1, Emotiva XPA 200 Amp, Teac UD-501 DAC, Vansevers cond, B&W P6s, Rel Q150 sub
HighEndWire is offline  
post #772 of 1778 Old 07-06-2017, 10:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Mattcc22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jacksonville / Orange Park, FL
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
oakleaf / fleming same thing...lol

yeah i kind of said that wrong..my bad.

Matt..maybe we can work on something where we can hit his house up for some demos and then we swing over to mine for some REW treatment and an acoustic gameplan?????

ive always had a fascination for cerwin vega..would be great to hear them, along wit the subs
Sounds good. Let me know when you're free.
chadsmith013 likes this.
Mattcc22 is offline  
post #773 of 1778 Old 07-06-2017, 11:04 AM
Member
 
rselby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
ok guys...that's cool with me , just PM me and we can set something up
chadsmith013 likes this.
rselby is offline  
post #774 of 1778 Old 07-06-2017, 11:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,686
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2146 Post(s)
Liked: 2194
wanted to make a running list of us North Florida members for reference: was biliam1982's idea.
@chadsmith013 - Jacksonville @Mattcc22 - Jacksonville @biliam1982 - Daytona @filtor1 - Gainesville @XBR11 - Jacksonville @todd1010 - Jacksonville @grnwnv - Nocatee @rselby - Jacksonville @HighEndWire - Outside of Rockledge @easycruise - Palm Coast @jsrdlr - Orlando area @gtwizard - Palatka @dengland - Rockledge

did i forget anyone????
filtor1 likes this.

Receiver : Pioneer Elite SC-95
Front Speakers: 3 DIYSG 1099's
Surround Speakers:2 DIYSG Volt 10's Atmos: 2 DIYSG Volt 6's
Subwoofers: Dual LaVoce SAN214.50 21's in Cyclops enclosures w/Inuke 6000 DSP Channel A
Nearfield: 4 B-52 SP-1804 18s w/Inuke 6000DSP Channel B
chadsmith013 is online now  
post #775 of 1778 Old 07-06-2017, 04:27 PM
Senior Member
 
dengland's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rockledge, FL
Posts: 487
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 123
dengland is offline  
post #776 of 1778 Old 07-07-2017, 05:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,686
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2146 Post(s)
Liked: 2194
Quote:
Originally Posted by dengland View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
glad to have more here...for a long time it was just 4 of us...but within the last month, its exploded.

Receiver : Pioneer Elite SC-95
Front Speakers: 3 DIYSG 1099's
Surround Speakers:2 DIYSG Volt 10's Atmos: 2 DIYSG Volt 6's
Subwoofers: Dual LaVoce SAN214.50 21's in Cyclops enclosures w/Inuke 6000 DSP Channel A
Nearfield: 4 B-52 SP-1804 18s w/Inuke 6000DSP Channel B
chadsmith013 is online now  
post #777 of 1778 Old 07-07-2017, 11:32 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
biliam1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Undiscovered Country
Posts: 1,907
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Hey everyone! Sorry for my recent absence. Pretty busy with full time classes right now and always the other stuff in life.

Welcome to the new members! Glad to see this group expanding. Now we can start to be on the same level as the other bigger GTG threads with our collective gear and setups.

All we need to do now is start meeting up and sharing our experience and knowledge. Speaking of which, I'm still willing to host a GTG here. Though I need to send my JVC RS500 in for repairs.

So I'll be out of video for about a month. But maybe someone can bring theirs over to substitute as long as it's lens throw can accommodate a shelf mount.

I can seat a total of 10 people. 6 in comfort on my couch, love seat and recliner with 4 spare chairs. But, only 3 are in the main listening position, so we'd have to take turns and play musical chairs.

As Chad mentioned earlier, we're now at like 13 or so semi-active members in here. It's starting to get difficult to keep up with what everyone has and where they're located and such. I was thinking maybe we start a google-doc that lists all that info, sans addresses. We can give that out privately before a GTG. Anyone know how to start one?
chadsmith013 likes this.
biliam1982 is offline  
post #778 of 1778 Old 07-07-2017, 12:20 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
biliam1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Undiscovered Country
Posts: 1,907
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 395
OK, I think I figured it out and created a spreadsheet. It should only be able to be viewed and requires you to send me your email to edit it. So shoot me a PM if you want access.

In the interest of privacy and safety, I kept Personally Identifiable Information out of it. We can share that (emails, phone numbers and addresses) privately when the time comes for a GTG and once more of us meet with each other.

It's a pretty basic layout with user names, real names (first only), location, room setup, audio gear, video gear, miscellaneous info and any links you have to your stuff. We should try and keep stuff in bullet format and use "wrap text" to make it easier to read. Thoughts?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by biliam1982; 07-07-2017 at 12:30 PM.
biliam1982 is offline  
post #779 of 1778 Old 07-07-2017, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,686
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2146 Post(s)
Liked: 2194
Quote:
Originally Posted by biliam1982 View Post
OK, I think I figured it out and created a spreadsheet. It should only be able to be viewed and requires you to send me your email to edit it. So shoot me a PM if you want access.

In the interest of privacy and safety, I kept Personally Identifiable Information out of it. We can share that (emails, phone numbers and addresses) privately when the time comes for a GTG and once more of us meet with each other.

It's a pretty basic layout with user names, real names (first only), location, room setup, audio gear, video gear, miscellaneous info and any links you have to your stuff. We should try and keep stuff in bullet format and use "warp text" to make it easier to read. Thoughts?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
looks great William and great idea...i sent a note thru it for editing access...

Receiver : Pioneer Elite SC-95
Front Speakers: 3 DIYSG 1099's
Surround Speakers:2 DIYSG Volt 10's Atmos: 2 DIYSG Volt 6's
Subwoofers: Dual LaVoce SAN214.50 21's in Cyclops enclosures w/Inuke 6000 DSP Channel A
Nearfield: 4 B-52 SP-1804 18s w/Inuke 6000DSP Channel B
chadsmith013 is online now  
post #780 of 1778 Old 07-07-2017, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,686
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2146 Post(s)
Liked: 2194
Quote:
Originally Posted by biliam1982 View Post
Hey everyone! Sorry for my recent absence. Pretty busy with full time classes right now and always the other stuff in life.

Welcome to the new members! Glad to see this group expanding. Now we can start to be on the same level as the other bigger GTG threads with our collective gear and setups.

All we need to do now is start meeting up and sharing our experience and knowledge. Speaking of which, I'm still willing to host a GTG here. Though I need to send my JVC RS500 in for repairs.

So I'll be out of video for about a month. But maybe someone can bring theirs over to substitute as long as it's lens throw can accommodate a shelf mount.

I can seat a total of 10 people. 6 in comfort on my couch, love seat and recliner with 4 spare chairs. But, only 3 are in the main listening position, so we'd have to take turns and play musical chairs.

As Chad mentioned earlier, we're now at like 13 or so semi-active members in here. It's starting to get difficult to keep up with what everyone has and where they're located and such. I was thinking maybe we start a google-doc that lists all that info, sans addresses. We can give that out privately before a GTG. Anyone know how to start one?
i vote for your place..and i think we could all wait til you got your projector back up and running..would give us time to clear our schedules...i know some of the members arent as active as others..guess we need to figure out who all would be interested in doing or going to a GTG..i know thats not for everyone...

little harder to do one in my room..only seats 4...off hand I know you, me, matt and filtor would be interested...not sure who else.

Receiver : Pioneer Elite SC-95
Front Speakers: 3 DIYSG 1099's
Surround Speakers:2 DIYSG Volt 10's Atmos: 2 DIYSG Volt 6's
Subwoofers: Dual LaVoce SAN214.50 21's in Cyclops enclosures w/Inuke 6000 DSP Channel A
Nearfield: 4 B-52 SP-1804 18s w/Inuke 6000DSP Channel B
chadsmith013 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Area Home Theater Meets

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off