Any Jacksonville Florida HT people? - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 831Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #121 of 1780 Old 11-18-2016, 06:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,982
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2352 Post(s)
Liked: 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattcc22 View Post
I'm sure most people will bump it up a little. Too much and it will sound bloated. A gradual rise in the lower end is usually best.
sounds like we need matt to start us some new projects..haha
chadsmith013 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 1780 Old 11-18-2016, 06:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Mattcc22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jacksonville / Orange Park, FL
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
sounds like we need matt to start us some new projects..haha
I grabbed a sheet of MDF yesterday. Going to try to get as much done on this corner sub as I can this weekend. Wife is gone most of the day saturday so I actually get to work on my own projects! Will post what I got done on Monday.
chadsmith013 likes this.
Mattcc22 is offline  
post #123 of 1780 Old 11-18-2016, 07:09 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
biliam1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Undiscovered Country
Posts: 1,909
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 735 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattcc22 View Post
I'm sure most people will bump it up a little. Too much and it will sound bloated. A gradual rise in the lower end is usually best.
That's what I was figuring. Maybe also to do with the equal loudness curves?
biliam1982 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #124 of 1780 Old 11-18-2016, 07:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,982
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2352 Post(s)
Liked: 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattcc22 View Post
I grabbed a sheet of MDF yesterday. Going to try to get as much done on this corner sub as I can this weekend. Wife is gone most of the day saturday so I actually get to work on my own projects! Will post what I got done on Monday.
you may or may not of told me already....what are the details of the project??
chadsmith013 is offline  
post #125 of 1780 Old 11-18-2016, 07:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,982
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2352 Post(s)
Liked: 2389
i wonder how things are going with grnwnv...I definitely don't want to hound him though...
chadsmith013 is offline  
post #126 of 1780 Old 11-18-2016, 07:35 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
biliam1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Undiscovered Country
Posts: 1,909
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 735 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
you may or may not of told me already....what are the details of the project??
Isn't he doing a near-field sub... you know, so he can feel it when he twerks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
i wonder how things are going with grnwnv...I definitely don't want to hound him though...
Lying does not become you....
biliam1982 is offline  
post #127 of 1780 Old 11-18-2016, 07:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,982
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2352 Post(s)
Liked: 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by biliam1982 View Post
Isn't he doing a near-field sub... you know, so he can feel it when he twerks.



Lying does not become you....
dont think it will be nearfield..he told me before he didnt care for it a whole lot...but i was curious on what subs and power and box details..

and well i kind of do want to hound the hell out of him....but im trying to behave..lol
chadsmith013 is offline  
post #128 of 1780 Old 11-18-2016, 08:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Mattcc22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jacksonville / Orange Park, FL
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
you may or may not of told me already....what are the details of the project??
Sealed 15" Dayton RSS390HO powered off the second channel of the inuke. It will be triangle shaped to fit in the corner by the end of the couch. It will sort of be near field, but really just want to see if I can use it to smooth out the frequency response over more seats on the couch. Not trying to get that near field effect...more of just a second sub to smooth response.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sub.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1776337  
Mattcc22 is offline  
post #129 of 1780 Old 11-18-2016, 08:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,982
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2352 Post(s)
Liked: 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattcc22 View Post
Sealed 15" Dayton RSS390HO powered off the second channel of the inuke. It will be triangle shaped to fit in the corner by the end of the couch. It will sort of be near field, but really just want to see if I can use it to smooth out the frequency response over more seats on the couch. Not trying to get that near field effect...more of just a second sub to smooth response.
well thats awesome you are finally putting that 15-Ho back to use...it was a crime just having it sit there.
chadsmith013 is offline  
post #130 of 1780 Old 11-18-2016, 09:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Mattcc22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jacksonville / Orange Park, FL
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
well thats awesome you are finally putting that 15-Ho back to use...it was a crime just having it sit there.
Yea, except I have two of them...maybe you need one for a nearfield sub :-)
Mattcc22 is offline  
post #131 of 1780 Old 11-18-2016, 09:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,982
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2352 Post(s)
Liked: 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattcc22 View Post
Yea, except I have two of them...maybe you need one for a nearfield sub :-)
hmmmm.....

can i pay for it by performing house hold chores?
chadsmith013 is offline  
post #132 of 1780 Old 11-18-2016, 09:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Mattcc22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jacksonville / Orange Park, FL
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
hmmmm.....

can i pay for it by performing house hold chores?
These woofers have gone up to $172 on parts express..dang...price has increased in the last year or two! $100 and it's yours!
Mattcc22 is offline  
post #133 of 1780 Old 11-18-2016, 09:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,982
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2352 Post(s)
Liked: 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattcc22 View Post
These woofers have gone up to $172 on parts express..dang...price has increased in the last year or two! $100 and it's yours!
does that include the box and amplifier? LOL
chadsmith013 is offline  
post #134 of 1780 Old 11-18-2016, 10:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Mattcc22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jacksonville / Orange Park, FL
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
does that include the box and amplifier? LOL
$30 for the box...get another inuke...you can never have enough amps!
Mattcc22 is offline  
post #135 of 1780 Old 11-18-2016, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,982
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2352 Post(s)
Liked: 2389
tempting offer man...

i wish i could experience in my room an A and B test of some nearfield sub vs some MBM's to see what I like best....
chadsmith013 is offline  
post #136 of 1780 Old 11-18-2016, 11:10 AM
Advanced Member
 
GrandPixel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 853
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingrsl View Post
I'm all the way in Pensacola but so far this is the closest thread I've found to me. Anyone considering doing a meet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingrsl View Post
Anything new about someone hosting? I'd love to check out someone else's setup and share ideas. Even just a demo/movie would be cool. Everything I have is still in my living room but will be moved into a dedicated room in the next month or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post
I'm in Milton, Fl just across the Bay from you!
Another from Pensacola here. My place isn't ready yet for a gathering spot, but we should do a meetup sometime. I will start another thread for Pensacola.
GrandPixel is offline  
post #137 of 1780 Old 11-23-2016, 07:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,982
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2352 Post(s)
Liked: 2389
@Mattcc22 ....great progress on the box...cant wait to hear it.. @biliam1982 was mentioning us doing some small GTG before Xmas...what do you think? i could probably host something small I suppose..

and im still trying to talk him out of spending 1300 on just one 24inch sub....maybe u can help..lol
chadsmith013 is offline  
post #138 of 1780 Old 11-23-2016, 08:04 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
biliam1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Undiscovered Country
Posts: 1,909
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 735 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
and im still trying to talk him into spending 1300 on just one 24inch sub....maybe u can help..lol
Fixed it for ya!
chadsmith013 likes this.
biliam1982 is offline  
post #139 of 1780 Old 11-23-2016, 08:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Mattcc22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jacksonville / Orange Park, FL
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
@Mattcc22 ....great progress on the box...cant wait to hear it.. @biliam1982 was mentioning us doing some small GTG before Xmas...what do you think? i could probably host something small I suppose..

and im still trying to talk him out of spending 1300 on just one 24inch sub....maybe u can help..lol
Yea, I'd be up for a GTG soon! Are we thinking a Saturday?
Mattcc22 is offline  
post #140 of 1780 Old 11-23-2016, 08:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Mattcc22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jacksonville / Orange Park, FL
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
@Mattcc22 ....great progress on the box...cant wait to hear it.. @biliam1982 was mentioning us doing some small GTG before Xmas...what do you think? i could probably host something small I suppose..

and im still trying to talk him out of spending 1300 on just one 24inch sub....maybe u can help..lol

No one NEEDS a 24" sub...but it would be cool!
Mattcc22 is offline  
post #141 of 1780 Old 11-23-2016, 08:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,982
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2352 Post(s)
Liked: 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattcc22 View Post
Yea, I'd be up for a GTG soon! Are we thinking a Saturday?
Saturday probably would be best....we cant interrupt football..haha

not sure if @filtor1 would want to drive all the way out for a small one...maybe after the holidays we can work on the big one with @grnwnv .
chadsmith013 is offline  
post #142 of 1780 Old 11-23-2016, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,982
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2352 Post(s)
Liked: 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattcc22 View Post
No one NEEDS a 24" sub...but it would be cool!
not sure if that helps Matt..

2 24's = $2500
4 18's = $1500-2000

im trying to save him money
Mattcc22 likes this.
chadsmith013 is offline  
post #143 of 1780 Old 11-23-2016, 08:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,982
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2352 Post(s)
Liked: 2389
ps..you two need new avatars...
chadsmith013 is offline  
post #144 of 1780 Old 11-23-2016, 08:34 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
biliam1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Undiscovered Country
Posts: 1,909
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 735 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattcc22 View Post
No one NEEDS a 24" sub...but it would be cool!
I beg to differ. Currently ~5,700 cu ft with multiple large openings to the rest of the house. So It's likely closer to 10k cu ft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
not sure if that helps Matt..

2 24's = $2500
4 18's = $1500-2000

im trying to save him money
Don't know if that math adds up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
ps..you two need new avatars...
Done!
biliam1982 is offline  
post #145 of 1780 Old 11-23-2016, 08:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,982
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2352 Post(s)
Liked: 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by biliam1982 View Post
I beg to differ. Currently ~5,700 cu ft with multiple large openings to the rest of the house. So It's likely closer to 10k cu ft.



Don't know if that math adds up...



Done!
yes but this is a temporary living environment...so cu ft is throw out..

the sub cost was a loose estimate..

and much better avatar....lol..i like it.
chadsmith013 is offline  
post #146 of 1780 Old 11-23-2016, 09:25 AM
Member
 
grnwnv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
Saturday probably would be best....we cant interrupt football..haha

not sure if @filtor1 would want to drive all the way out for a small one...maybe after the holidays we can work on the big one with @grnwnv .
It will probably take me through the end of the holidays to finish up all my loose ends unfortunately. Soccer season is almost over, so soon I should have some free weekends to wrap things up. Sadly, I work in retail (tech actually, but at a retail company), so this is my busy season at work. Free time will be at a premium until after Christmas. Here is my brief list of remaining items:
  • Finish Base trim
  • Finish Chair rail
  • Custom door strike (double walls are a PITA)
  • Subwoofer port grills
  • Projector Calibration
  • Rack trim
  • Finish marquis over entrance
  • Final paint touch-up

On the bright side, the theater is fully functional so I am able to enjoy it. That probably isn't helping me finish though.
chadsmith013 likes this.
grnwnv is offline  
post #147 of 1780 Old 11-23-2016, 09:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,982
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2352 Post(s)
Liked: 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnwnv View Post
It will probably take me through the end of the holidays to finish up all my loose ends unfortunately. Soccer season is almost over, so soon I should have some free weekends to wrap things up. Sadly, I work in retail (tech actually, but at a retail company), so this is my busy season at work. Free time will be at a premium until after Christmas. Here is my brief list of remaining items:
  • Finish Base trim
  • Finish Chair rail
  • Custom door strike (double walls are a PITA)
  • Subwoofer port grills
  • Projector Calibration
  • Rack trim
  • Finish marquis over entrance
  • Final paint touch-up

On the bright side, the theater is fully functional so I am able to enjoy it. That probably isn't helping me finish though.
yeah man I dont doubt that..a fully functional theater...dont think I would be killing myself to finish either...thats a pretty big to do list, but hopefully wont take that long..I think you have us all salivating over the idea of hearing those 1099's. just let us know when after the holidays you will be ready and it will be on...I think we have 5 total so far...

Last edited by chadsmith013; 11-23-2016 at 09:42 AM.
chadsmith013 is offline  
post #148 of 1780 Old 11-27-2016, 03:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
filtor1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,410
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
Saturday probably would be best....we cant interrupt football..haha

not sure if @filtor1 would want to drive all the way out for a small one...maybe after the holidays we can work on the big one with @grnwnv .
I don't mind a drive. Just did 17 hrs from PA last night, No worries about a couple hours drive. Getting the hours free is the tough spot.
filtor1 is offline  
post #149 of 1780 Old 11-28-2016, 06:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 3,982
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2352 Post(s)
Liked: 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by filtor1 View Post
I don't mind a drive. Just did 17 hrs from PA last night, No worries about a couple hours drive. Getting the hours free is the tough spot.
cool..we will let you know...I was thinking a Saturday would be best...
chadsmith013 is offline  
post #150 of 1780 Old 11-28-2016, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
filtor1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,410
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by filtor1 View Post
I don't mind a drive. Just did 17 hrs from PA last night, No worries about a couple hours drive. Getting the hours free is the tough spot.
cool..we will let you know...I was thinking a Saturday would be best...
That would likely work the best for me as well.
filtor1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Area Home Theater Meets

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off