2008 Samsung HL61A750 LED DLP owners thread and FAQ - Page 556 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 58Likes

post #16651 of 16658 Old 08-03-2019, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I bought a 61" January of 09. It was a 2008 so I got a decent sale price for it. It lasted 10 years of heavy use. It started failing about three years ago with the HDMI ports dyeing one by one until I got down to using component cables with an HDMI converter. The white dots started to show up and then the final nail in the coffin was the failure of the blue LED driver. I replaced it with a 75"-F1 VIZIO. I am happy with the color, size and brightness of the VIZIO over the old Sammy, but the Sammy handled motion better. I hope I get another 10 year out of the VIZIO (I think) but I doubt it.
I would like to thank everyone who participated in this thread I learned a lot over the years its been fun.
Peace
Mark

Last edited by leadmic; 08-03-2019 at 03:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16652 of 16658 Old 08-04-2019, 04:07 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentrnge View Post
Larry,
Sorry, someone beat you to the DMD in a PM, but I can send the LEDs and Fans. A medium flat rate box should do it. That is listed as $14.35 from USPS. Dunno if there is tax on top of that. Should be able to get them on the way to you Saturday. PM me your address and we can work out details.

Dan
Dan: I sent money via paypal to the address you supplied some days ago. I haven't heard if you got it or not.
Larry
post #16653 of 16658 Old 08-05-2019, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Thank you Larry. Yes I did. Also just responded to PM.

Everyone else, the carcass has been picked clean. Shell will head to the dump soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16654 of 16658 Old 08-12-2019, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just joined tonight 8/12/19 can anyone help with this. I have 2008 HL50650C replaced many parts over the years. Now I have the on/off problem. Checked power board all caps look fine, ordered another board and installed same problem. Powers up great picture and sound then powers off and on every 30 seconds or so. I do not have any blinking lights on power up green light. Can buy a main power board BP96-02054A at reasonable price anyone had any experience similar to my problem. Thanks, Mark
post #16655 of 16658 Old 08-13-2019, 12:02 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
... I have 2008 HL50650C
This thread is about the LED versions of Samsung DLP sets, and the "650" in your model number suggests to me that you have a model with a color wheel. Is that right?

For starters, I'm not familiar with the design of the color wheel version, but it does, indeed, sound like a power supply problem. Since there is no LED sub-SMPS, I'm supposing there's only one power board. Since you've replaced that already, I can't think of what might be the next likely culprit.

Do you have test equipment (voltmeter or scope) that you can monitor the various SMPS output voltages while the on/off cycling is occurring, to see if the voltages actually "go away", or dip down to a low value, or have a huge amount of ripple. This might suggest that something else is loading down the SMPS. Or something is causing the main processor to reset cyclically.

Don't think I can be more helpful than that, for now.
post #16656 of 16658 Old 08-25-2019, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Haven't been here in a while. TV has been great with no real problems till now. When watching the TV the screen will go black but the sound stays on. Then it shuts down and restarts. It will do this a couple times an hour. Starting to research the problem but just curious if new parts are still available?
Thanks
post #16657 of 16658 Old 08-25-2019, 09:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervoacres View Post
... just curious if new parts are still available?
New parts? No, new parts are not available 10 years on. But there are a number of places that sell used parts. Don't know if member "Stanman" is still around the site, but he has a huge stash of used boards and parts.
post #16658 of 16658 Old 08-26-2019, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervoacres View Post
Haven't been here in a while. TV has been great with no real problems till now. When watching the TV the screen will go black but the sound stays on. Then it shuts down and restarts. It will do this a couple times an hour. Starting to research the problem but just curious if new parts are still available?
Thanks
I have seen that happen once in a while, not as frequently as yours. I don't know what causes it. It has been doing it for quite a while but once in a few days. So, I haven't taken it seriously. Other than that everything is good after I changed the DLP chip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Samsung

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page