2008 Samsung HL61A750 LED DLP owners thread and FAQ - Page 557 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 59Likes

post #16681 of 16684 Old 10-21-2019, 07:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazLong View Post
The color accuracy of my phone's camera isn't very good. The picture shows a MUCH darker magenta on the "white" screen than the TV shows in actuality. So, it sounds very much like your problem.

Again, good luck with the repair. Let us know how it turns out.
It's Alive!

Based on your experience, I purchased an LED Driver Board on eBay (thanks, stanman2242) and replaced it tonight. Worked like a charm. Colors returned to their original brilliance (no more pinkish whites) and image brightness is outstanding. Couldn't be happier. Kudos to stanman2242 for his advice and responsiveness. I plan to donate the set to charity and move up to 4K, but I'm delighted that I can give it to some worthy group knowing that it's been restored to its near-original awesomeness!

Thanks all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16682 of 16684 Old 10-21-2019, 09:00 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wswain View Post
It's Alive!

Based on your experience, I purchased an LED Driver Board on eBay (thanks, stanman2242) and replaced it tonight. Worked like a charm. Colors returned to their original brilliance (no more pinkish whites) and image brightness is outstanding. Couldn't be happier. Kudos to stanman2242 for his advice and responsiveness. I plan to donate the set to charity and move up to 4K, but I'm delighted that I can give it to some worthy group knowing that it's been restored to its near-original awesomeness!

Thanks all.
Glad everything worked out. I kinda suffered from the 'boiling frog' syndrome. My set had slowly gotten dimmer and I hadn't noticed it. It wasn't until it became magenta/pink and I fixed it that I realized how much brightness it had lost. It was almost like getting a new TV.

Hope you enjoy your 4K TV. I really had to fight the urge to just go out and buy an LG OLED65C9PUA.
post #16683 of 16684 Old 11-25-2019, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I want to give stanman2242 a public thank you. I was able to get the parts I needed from him on eBay and my Samsung DLP is working like new. I'm not a DIY but replacing the boards was extremely easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16684 of 16684 Old 11-28-2019, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1291 Post(s)
Liked: 2124
Posts removed. Sales, including sales of parts, are not permitted outside of the classifieds.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Samsung

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page