2008 Samsung HL67A750 LED DLP owners thread - Page 95 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #2821 of 2832 Old 07-27-2016, 06:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1329 Post(s)
Liked: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc4saints View Post
how much is this tv worth? Better yet, what can i get for it? No pixels out. Bulb replaced 2 years ago. Does have the faded 1 inch line on left that i haven't fixed yet. Just curious what i should put on the market for.

Sent from my sm-g935t using tapatalk

$200-$400

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb
_____________________ http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/auger-handle/ ________________________
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2822 of 2832 Old 08-29-2016, 07:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
WOOOOOHOOO

Just replaced my DLP chip. It was easy, and am happy to report that not only do I not have the white and black dots anymore, but the black levels are back to brand new. I can't believe how good it looks. I bought my chip from shopjimmy.

Don't be afraid of this fix, it took me under an hour total, going slowly. I removed the projection unit completely from the set to be able to work on it on a table.
post #2823 of 2832 Old 09-09-2016, 09:10 AM
deg

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
My power supply on the 67" finally bit the dust. I have replaced both the DMD chip and the red chip on this unit at one time or another. The DMD is about a year old. Decided to finally replace this set. Man I loved it. Anyway, I need to get the thing out of the house. Need any parts? I'm just north of Dallas. I'm probably not going to wait long before I get rid of it, but let me know if you need something from it before I throw it away. I'll probably pull the DMD and save it since people are actually needing those the most. Onward and upward.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2824 of 2832 Old 08-07-2018, 04:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVAB View Post
I'm posting this to help other with the same problem with their HL61A750 (probably the same for the HL67).

My TV (5 years old) developed a shadow line about 1 inch wide on the left of my TV. I checked the blogs and there was a lot of discussion about replacing the light tunnel etc. But one post noted that the TV just needs an alignment adjustment. So I tried this.

Unplug the TV. Take the bottom back panel off the TV. (see attached picture). Note the power supply in on the left and could still have a charge so be a bit careful. Just to the right of the power supply unit is the light engine chassis. The front of this is the DMD board and just behind that are 2 black knobs that are very hard to see even when viewing from the far left. Some posts I read said they just slipped their hand behind this to turn the horizontal knob (lower of the 2) and one person did this with the TV on. I'm too cautious for that. I couldn't see the knobs or feel them anyway so I undid the two screws holding the light engine chassis in and slid it out a few inches. I could then see the knobs and reach them easily. I turned it a few times about a 1/8th of a turn each time anti-clockwise to get the picture aligned. Each time I slid the chassis back (without the screws) make sure the chassis sits right with the 2 alignment pins that are next to the screw holes. Then plugged it in (without the cover) and checked the picture. The black shadow line is now gone.

Note it is was confusing from the picture to see where the knobs were as they aren't shown, only their relative position behind the DMD board. But it is behind the DMD board (highlighted) and nothing needs to be removed to get to these knobs, just slide out the chassis a few inches. Maybe on the bigger TV's there is more room.
Thanks for this! Mine just started showing the band down the left side and I used your post and photo to resolve the issue

Roger
System: Denon AVR-4520CI, Polk RT2000P Mains, CS350 Center, LS F/X Surrounds, SVS PC13 Ultra Subwoofer
Oppo BDP-105 Blu Ray, Toshiba HD-XA1 HD-DVD, Phase Linear 8000 Turntable, UVerse DVR.
post #2825 of 2832 Old 08-08-2018, 10:16 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 7
First of all these TVs do not have a light tunnel per say.
There is no need for one, that went out with bulb TVs.
Just to make life a whole lot easier for you, you can slide the light engine
out as far as you can even if it means re-routing some cables a bit.
After that you turn it on and you can actually look at the lens and see the shadow
on the side or top or bottom. I went into setup and brought up a solid white test pattern.
It is hard to see in pics because it is so bright but you can see it easily as long as you
do not look straight into light beam.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BOTTOM.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	2439342   Click image for larger version

Name:	SIDE.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	2439344  

"If you need LED DLP Parts contact me stanman2242"
GMAIL or PM
post #2826 of 2832 Old 04-16-2019, 09:39 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Well glad to report that this wonderful TV is still going strong. I take care of my things and its still in mint condition but just three weeks ago I started getting a bunch of white dots. I thought “Oh no, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO”

But shopjimmy to the rescue. Replaced the DLP chip and the freakin TV looks as good as my brand new Sony XBR, its just a beautiful set and is my go to for watching all my HD sports. Totally underrated set in its time.
post #2827 of 2832 Old 05-02-2019, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I miss mine, good for you!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
post #2828 of 2832 Old 11-12-2019, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I will be replacing the DLP chip in my set tomorrow and cleaning any dust, dirt, on the fans, heat sinks, and chassis. Is there any benefit to cleaning the inside of the screen while doing this??

Samsung HL61A750
Harman Kardon AVR520
Oppo BDP-103
Dynaco A35 fronts
Wharfedale WH-2 Center with dipole rears
Wharfedale Diamond 10.SX sub
post #2829 of 2832 Old 11-12-2019, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnywyoming View Post
I will be replacing the DLP chip in my set tomorrow and cleaning any dust, dirt, on the fans, heat sinks, and chassis. Is there any benefit to cleaning the inside of the screen while doing this??
When I did mine, I changed the grease on the Leds and DLP, cleaned the back out. 2 Times I cleaned the mirror but to be honest it was clean. Strange it doesn't seem to collect dust.
post #2830 of 2832 Old 11-13-2019, 07:28 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Miss mine...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
post #2831 of 2832 Old 11-13-2019, 05:48 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Man o man! Finished the chip replacement. Pretty easy really. One lock broke off of a plug, but not a problem, as I doubt that it will ever work itself out of the socket. I didn't have any parts left over, always a good sign. I had to adjust the board to get the vertical and horizontal squared away as well as adjusting the focus. The picture is more amazing than the day I bought the set! Will calibrate it tomorrow to see what that will do..... Good God, now I have to watch every movie in my collection again.

Samsung HL61A750
Harman Kardon AVR520
Oppo BDP-103
Dynaco A35 fronts
Wharfedale WH-2 Center with dipole rears
Wharfedale Diamond 10.SX sub
post #2832 of 2832 Old 11-18-2019, 05:59 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylwill View Post

When I did mine, I changed the grease on the Leds and DLP, cleaned the back out. 2 Times I cleaned the mirror but to be honest it was clean. Strange it doesn't seem to collect dust.
Sure glad to see continued activity in this thread and then to 61 inch thread too! So nice to see this great TV is still around and still being used!

I always clean mine out once / year. I was doing it every 6 months but not that much dust to require it. I also have been running the USB fan for many years, not sure if that helps , but what the heck?. I just cleaned it again last month, and was considering doing that grease for the heat sinks. Getting close to 12 years now and I imagine that grease isn't grease any longer! I also have a darbee on mine and really love it! Still watch a lot of 3D too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Samsung Hl67a750 67 Inch 1080p Led Powered Dlp Hdtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page