Hitachi 57f500a black screen - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-09-2013, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Several weeks ago, my Hitachi developed a blue line across the top and blue ghosting on all lettering that was on the screen.I installed two new convergence chips on Saturday and while putting the front panel on,I hit it with my palm. The tv began to go dim and soon it was black. I took the back panel off and checked all of my connections and then all of the connections on all the equipment hooked to the tv.The tv refused to come back on until I became frustrated and hit the front of the tv with my palm and presto,it came back on. It stayed on about 30 minutes before it went dark again. Each time it does this,I can still hear the audio and the power button is still lit. I've done this several times since Saturday with the longest it's stayed on about 3 hours. I finally decided that I wasn't doing it any favors by hitting it and turned it off.I love the tv and it's got a beautiful picture since the chip replacement . Does anybody have any suggestions about what might be causing this problem? Thanks. Markero.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-11-2013, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I would suggest having a Certified technician take a look at it. From what you have said, it sounds to me like you may have some connections in your video circuitry loose, or your likely to have one of your capacitors or fuses starting to fizzle out and blow. If I'm correct this is an outdated TV. It may be difficult to find parts anymore, so unless you fixed them in the past, call a local technician to diagnosed and resolve the issues.

Ben
Lead AV Tech, AA Rental
post #3 of 3 Old 09-11-2013, 12:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 331
I would suggest asking your question at the below thread...

https://www.avsforum.com/t/695922/dont-dump-your-crt-rptv/11850#post_23722269

You'll get a better response there.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
Screening Room - The Dream House
RPCRT-TV Overscan Reduction
Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc

Reference 2: Blu-Ray Demo Disc

The Best of the Demo Discs Demo Disc

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page