Mitsubishi WD65731 Outer Screen replacement - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-23-2013, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all: I recently moved and the outer screen of my WD65731 Mitsubishi rear projection TV got scratched. The scratch is in the upper center of the screen and is about 4-6" long and deep enough to be noticeable, especially when viewing the TV from the side. I would like to replace this screen and was wondering if anyone on the forum has had experience with this. I have found the replacement part for about $215 including shipping & tax. I have also read on different forums and sources that this outer screen is simple plexiglass. If that is the case, can I just remove this and replace it with a similar plexiglass screen from a local glass shop? Also, wondering just how difficult this procedure is? I would appreciate any and all input.

Thanks in advance for your consideration and help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-23-2013, 12:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthomann View Post

Hello all: I recently moved and the outer screen of my WD65731 Mitsubishi rear projection TV got scratched. The scratch is in the upper center of the screen and is about 4-6" long and deep enough to be noticeable, especially when viewing the TV from the side. I would like to replace this screen and was wondering if anyone on the forum has had experience with this. I have found the replacement part for about $215 including shipping & tax. I have also read on different forums and sources that this outer screen is simple plexiglass. If that is the case, can I just remove this and replace it with a similar plexiglass screen from a local glass shop? Also, wondering just how difficult this procedure is? I would appreciate any and all input.

Thanks in advance for your consideration and help!

I don't know about that particular model but some of the screen bezels have to be removed from inside. I would see if you can search for a service manual. As for being plexiglass maybe Lexan. Plexiglass scratches pretty easily. $215 probably isn't bad knowing you're getting the right stuff cause Plexiglass/Lexan won't be cheap either. When you replace it you have to make sure you don't have any foreign material between the layers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page