Tweeter - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-26-2002, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First of all, let me say that Tweeter is a quality, high-end, electroinics store. The one in my neck of the woods (Rockville, Md.), has a decent variety of products and knowledgeable personnel. My gripe has to do with their layout. I have been sweating the new Sony KP-65WV700 ever since the model was mentioned in Sony's press release. Yesterday was finally my chance to see one in live in living color.

Now my gripe.... WHY DOES TWEETER HAVE THIS TELEVISION (actually, all of their televisions) FACING THE LARGE PLATE GLASS WINDOW WHERE YOU ENTER THE STORE?????

This window is basically your typical glass wall that you have at your typical retail stores. The chassis of the TV was beautiful, but because of all the sunlight, I could not get an accurate assessment of how the television's display might look. The damn thing might as well been sitting outside in the parking lot. Of course all of the A/V receivers, DVD players, car stereos, etc. were in the back of the store away from the sunlight. That makes sense!!!!! The sad thing is, Tweeter seems to the only place in my area that has the model on display. Belmont TV says they have have it in stock but not on display. What's that all about?!?!? Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. Feeling much better now!

Big Jizzles

It's gonna be a lot of slow singin' and flower bringin' if my burglar alarm starts ringin'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-26-2002, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Well, I wouldnt be surprised if you went up to one of the salesman and said "can you move the TV out of the sunlight" that they would say "OK" and get it moved as soon as they could.

After all, they are trying to sell something, and since they are a VERY good place (they are great up here in CT too), they know what they need to do to sell it.

When I paid for my Mits from them, a couple walked in looking at RPTVs......they started at a 53" Tosh and went all the way up to the 64" Pioneer Elite..........the Tweeter salesman handed them ALL of the remotes for ALL the TV brands, said "play with them as long as you like, and ask me any questions you have" and then walked away. Definitely a nicer salesperson, not hangin on ya to buy something.

I love Tweeter too.........but Im surprised they picked such a bad location for such a nice piece of equipment :)

-Chris
post #3 of 6 Old 08-26-2002, 08:10 PM

Just so you guys know..... We (Tweeter) are tinting our front windows. We hate it too!!

If you have a customer that comes in and spends 2 hours with you and says, I think I am going to wait.... and you wanted to reply, "Sir, if Columbus waited he could have flown....." You might be an A/V salesman.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 08-26-2002, 08:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Can't you visit after the sun goes down or at least doesn't come in the front windows?

:)
Ken
post #5 of 6 Old 08-27-2002, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

Ken,

It looks like I just may have to do that. I visited the store on a Sunday and they close at 6:00 when the sun is still out. Maybe I'll have to go at 8:00 pm on a week night. Even still, it seems strange that a store who specializes in televisions (not to mention other electronics) to expect all of their customers to come after the sun goes down. Anyway I'm not P'ed off any more. It's actually kind of funny now. Also JC, that's a great idea tinting the windows on your store.

Thanks,

Big Jizzles

It's gonna be a lot of slow singin' and flower bringin' if my burglar alarm starts ringin'.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-27-2002, 01:45 PM

Anyone know if the any of the Tweeter stores in the Northern VA / DC / MD area are handling the Samsung DLP units yet?? Thanks.

Also, try Myer-Emco for the Sony, they stock them as well, nice store and people.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page