Join Date: Jul 2002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
|Originally posted by Mfusick
1. We Put up the display grid on the TV.
2. Placed masking tape around the screen
3. Measured from the top of the screen on the left side, marked all the lines on the masking tape, and took measurements of each line on the grid. Then took those measurements and marked it on the right side masking tape.
4. Adjusted the green grid to line up with each of those marks. Because of the uneven floor it would be very easy to put a slight bow in the middle, your eyes would try to compensate for true horizontal. So we used my laser alignment tool that I use for audio calibrations and reflected the beam across the screen. And made sure all the lines were perfectly straight.
5. Then we did the vertical.
6. Then we did the convergence. To do this I use a magnifying dome to magnify the grid so I can get it dead on. Especially nice with the Hitachi because the blue is difficult to see.