Hitachi 51F500 Tweaks - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #181 of 185 Old 10-05-2006, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 16
http://www.spraywayinc.com/glassmirror/glassmirror.html

"It's an invention, and it makes Non-Stop Rocking possible!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 185 Old 12-02-2006, 07:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi There, I hope someone can help me I.

I have a Hitachi 46w500 and I had some convergence issues and followed the tutorial on advanced covergence settings using the magic focus button.

Anyway everything worked great till I got to the part right after you right to the ROM it states that you have to hit PIP MODE and then PIP CH to finish properly. My remote does not have a PIP CH button so I just turned off my set off at that point with the little green dots as nothing else would exit the convergence.

Now I can still manually adjust convergence with magic focus but the auto no longer seems to work nor can I get to the stop screen, when I hit magic focus a second time it just states STATIC MODE and exits.

Can anyone please let me know how to reset it back to normal mode thanks again.
post #183 of 185 Old 12-02-2006, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virdago

I have a Hitachi 46w500 and I had some convergence issues and followed the tutorial on advanced covergence settings using the magic focus button.

Anyway everything worked great till I got to the part right after you right to the ROM it states that you have to hit PIP MODE and then PIP CH to finish properly. My remote does not have a PIP CH button so I just turned off my set off at that point with the little green dots as nothing else would exit the convergence.

Now I can still manually adjust convergence with magic focus but the auto no longer seems to work nor can I get to the stop screen, when I hit magic focus a second time it just states STATIC MODE and exits.

Hitachi has no respect for what is, how it is and when it is. They are often changing the buttons and what they do, on various years of model. You have to have the correct service manual info to know for sure which buttons to press, each year, for each model series.

Unplug your set, wait a minute or 2, then plug it back in. That will reset the micro.

Mr Bob

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell
bob at imageperfection dot com
www.projectiontvtroubleshootingadvice.com
YouTube channel: mrbobbigscreen

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 185 Old 12-02-2006, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bob
Hitachi has no respect for what is, how it is and when it is. They are often changing the buttons and what they do, on various years of model. You have to have the correct service manual info to know for sure which buttons to press, each year, for each model series.

Unplug your set, wait a minute or 2, then plug it back in. That will reset the micro.

Mr Bob
Thanks alot I really appreciate the help, I figured unplugging it would reset it but it seemed to stupidly simple so I figured I'd ask.

Ill try it again, I have the manual but it doesnt state anything about it Ill keep digging around the net.
post #185 of 185 Old 12-02-2006, 09:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virdago

Open 'er up and hit the light blue button on the circuit board on the left. Then do the convergence again, and our remote says SURF instead PIP CH. Then you'll be good ta go.
https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ic#post5035259

Matt

"It's an invention, and it makes Non-Stop Rocking possible!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page