black and white spots on the screen - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-11-2018, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
black and white spots on the screen

Hello, I have a Benq MP782 ST Projector,
since a few months I am getting on the left bottom corner of the screen lots of black and white spots
and today for the first time there is right in the middle of the screen a long orizontal black line.

The Lamp has 926 hours of use.

Does the lamp need replace?

Thanks for any advice.

Regards
Nic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181211_193504.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	508.3 KB
ID:	2495166  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-11-2018, 11:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1029 Post(s)
Liked: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic1402 View Post
Hello, I have a Benq MP782 ST Projector,
since a few months I am getting on the left bottom corner of the screen lots of black and white spots
and today for the first time there is right in the middle of the screen a long orizontal black line.

The Lamp has 926 hours of use.

Does the lamp need replace?

Thanks for any advice.

Regards
Nic
Thats a DLP projector, if it is remotely like my old Mitsubishi DLP tv, your in for some bad news. The mirror that reflects the image has some of the tiny mirrors that have become stuck. You could get something like the Disney WOW disc, it has a pixel flipper track that can sometimes fix the problem. The other solution is to replace the mirror, how much that costs I have no idea. I scrapped my DLP tv because of it, it would have cost more to fix it than the tv was worth.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-26-2019, 08:35 AM
bk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by liffie420 View Post
Thats a DLP projector, if it is remotely like my old Mitsubishi DLP tv, your in for some bad news. The mirror that reflects the image has some of the tiny mirrors that have become stuck. You could get something like the Disney WOW disc, it has a pixel flipper track that can sometimes fix the problem. The other solution is to replace the mirror, how much that costs I have no idea. I scrapped my DLP tv because of it, it would have cost more to fix it than the tv was worth.
It's the DMD chip. I've had to replace the DMD chip on both my Samsung HL61A750 and Mitsubishi WD60-735 for the problem.

Both cases it's relatively easy, and you should be able to do it yourself with your projector as well. You should be able to get a replacement chip for less than $200, and a quick youtube search will show yield a video showing how to do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page