Older Rear Projection TV Sound But No Picture - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-24-2019, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Older Rear Projection TV Sound But No Picture

Hello to all!
I've a Toshiba TP48E50 rear projection tv manufactured in 1996 that's experiencing no picture but sound is ok. This condition occurred suddenly, operating fine the day before. I've checked all settings and cable connections from the cable box to the set and are all as they should. The remote control changes volume and stations as normal. Opening the front and back panels of the set to inspect, I'm finding three lamps. I'm suspecting something that controls the three lamps is affecting this as having all of them burn out at once doesn't seem plausible. All fuses are intact, no burned components or circuit boards. Any help with what may be causing and how to correct this is appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-25-2019, 05:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked: 498
Let this seriously outdated technology go...and R.I.P. The parts are worth more than the TV. And forget about the repair labor if you can even find it. If you are eagle eyed and must have a CRT replacement...just go on Craigslist or surf this Forum in the thread "Don't Dump Your CRT RPTV". You'll likely find a much superior, larger screen RPCRT HDTV from the likes of Mitsubishi, Toshiba, Sony, Pioneer or Panasonic for FREE. If you are willing to pick up or ship/deliver. Also look for big screen 1080p Plasma's that people are also dumping. They can be had very cheaply. And of course...you can always drop by Walmart, Best Buy, Target, Fry's, MicroCenter, BJ's, Costco and other big box retailers. And snag a brand new 4k LED, Oled, or Qled that will be vastly superior. And cost way below what you'd pay someone to repair your lovable antique.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page