Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
LaserVue Help

HELP!!

Can Anyone Answer the Questions In Red?

Manual Geometry Alignment
1. Activate the Service Mode (First Press The Menu Button) Then the following number sequence
<2-4-5-7>. From the Service Menu, press the <0> button. The Data Transfer
& Geometry Menu will appear.
2. Use the buttons to select “MANUAL GEOMETRY ALIGNMENT” and press .
3. The Manual Keystone Geometry Alignment Pattern will appear. See below.
Note: To remove all geometry correction, while the Geometry Alignment Pattern is displayed, press <1> then
. This will null all correction data. Re-enter the Manual Geometry Alignment mode by repeating
How Do I Press 1, Simply pressing 1 does nothing. Exact Sequence please.
step 2.
Note: To restore the original factory correction data, select “RESTORE GEOMETRY DATA FROM BACKUP” and
press . Press what button?

Phase 1 - 16 Point Geometry Alignment
1. 16 Adjustment Points are indicated by white dots around the edge of the raster. The adjustment position is
indicated by a + cursor.
2. Starting from the upper left corner, use the buttons to align the + at each point in a straight line,
flush with the bezel as a reference. See example above.
Note: Only the cursor will move. The Geometry Pattern will not change.
3. After adjusting each point, use the button to shift the cursor to the next point clockwise and repeat until
all 16 points have been adjusted.
4. After all 16 points are adjusted and the cursor is returned to the original starting point, press .Press What??
Press What button
Correction will be automatically calculated and saved and the Manual Geometry Alignment will be terminated. Can't get this to happen. Exact Steps please.
5. Press to re-activate the Manual Geometry Alignment. The geometry pattern will appear with the
corrections applied.

Phase 2 - Geometry Touch-up Alignment
1. If additional correction is necessary after performing the Manual Geometry Alignment, re-enter the Manual
Geometry Alignment mode.
2. Use the left right button to shift the cursor to the point needing correction.
3. Use the center toggle to indicate the direction and amount of correction necessary at the particular
point. Note: Only the cursor will move. The Geometry Pattern will not change.
4. Press the button to apply the correction. The Geometry Pattern will now show the correction.
Press WHAT button. HELP What Button??
5. Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 as needed.
6. Press to save your changes. The Manual Geometry Alignment will be terminated.
Press what what button to save my changes?
7. Press to exit the alignment mode. Or, to proceed to Phase 3, re-enter the Geometry Alignment
mode

Could someone please fill in the details here.
Many of us have never done this and don't use the remote provided with the tv very often.

On My Geometry screen the lines do have bends or waves as do the side yellow and green line.

Let me thank someone in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-04-2020, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partytime View Post
HELP!!

Can Anyone Answer the Questions In Red?

Manual Geometry Alignment
1. Activate the Service Mode (First Press The Menu Button) Then the following number sequence
<2-4-5-7>. From the Service Menu, press the <0> button. The Data Transfer
& Geometry Menu will appear.
2. Use the buttons to select “MANUAL GEOMETRY ALIGNMENT” and press .
3. The Manual Keystone Geometry Alignment Pattern will appear. See below.
Note: To remove all geometry correction, while the Geometry Alignment Pattern is displayed, press <1> then
. This will null all correction data. Re-enter the Manual Geometry Alignment mode by repeating
How Do I Press 1, Simply pressing 1 does nothing. Exact Sequence please.
step 2.
Note: To restore the original factory correction data, select “RESTORE GEOMETRY DATA FROM BACKUP” and
press . Press what button?

Phase 1 - 16 Point Geometry Alignment
1. 16 Adjustment Points are indicated by white dots around the edge of the raster. The adjustment position is
indicated by a + cursor.
2. Starting from the upper left corner, use the buttons to align the + at each point in a straight line,
flush with the bezel as a reference. See example above.
Note: Only the cursor will move. The Geometry Pattern will not change.
3. After adjusting each point, use the button to shift the cursor to the next point clockwise and repeat until
all 16 points have been adjusted.
4. After all 16 points are adjusted and the cursor is returned to the original starting point, press .Press What??
Press What button
Correction will be automatically calculated and saved and the Manual Geometry Alignment will be terminated. Can't get this to happen. Exact Steps please.
5. Press to re-activate the Manual Geometry Alignment. The geometry pattern will appear with the
corrections applied.

Phase 2 - Geometry Touch-up Alignment
1. If additional correction is necessary after performing the Manual Geometry Alignment, re-enter the Manual
Geometry Alignment mode.
2. Use the left right button to shift the cursor to the point needing correction.
3. Use the center toggle to indicate the direction and amount of correction necessary at the particular
point. Note: Only the cursor will move. The Geometry Pattern will not change.
4. Press the button to apply the correction. The Geometry Pattern will now show the correction.
Press WHAT button. HELP What Button??
5. Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 as needed.
6. Press to save your changes. The Manual Geometry Alignment will be terminated.
Press what what button to save my changes?
7. Press to exit the alignment mode. Or, to proceed to Phase 3, re-enter the Geometry Alignment
mode

Could someone please fill in the details here.
Many of us have never done this and don't use the remote provided with the tv very often.

On My Geometry screen the lines do have bends or waves as do the side yellow and green line.

Let me thank someone in advance.

I am going out on a limb here to hopefully save you from yourself. And a world of potential hurt.

I am not sure why some of these commands and critical words are missing from your directions, but you have to seriously question where you got that document from, when something like this happens. The actual service manual for this set would not have been so inadequately written. If you really want the correct manual, I suggest www.servicemanuals.net. It will probably cost you $16.99 and will probably be downloadable, maybe even immediately. (Don't worry, I get nothing for telling you that, no kickbacks of any kind. It is simply generic info that we in the service industry have to use all the time for getting service manuals.)

Your first move appears to be to clear the memory completely and start completely from scratch. I would not advise this. The factory settings may have drifted off over the years and could use some correction, but the general template they lay out cannot be overstated. There are usually bends and waves and linearity concentrations in there that are corrected by the factory settings, and these may re-appear if you wipe all those corrections out.

And a Mit service menu NEVER goes back to the original factory settings. Each new set of corrections simply replaces the one before, including the original factory settings. They disappear like every other set of settings you will do in there the very first time you make any, replaced by the current new one.

You are a self-declared newbie at this, and I applaud your ambition. But even as an experienced calibrator I have painted myself into a corner more than once on various brands, before I hit critical mass on them and became prolific. It took literally years to finally realize some of the exotic patterns that were actually happening, on some of the brands.

This sort of thing is not taught in any class I have ever seen, except way back in the day and only with the ceiling projectors. Never seen a class on this with CRT RPTVs. I could give a class on it now, but there was nothing then, when I started.

I am not in favor of simply releasing critical and sometimes ultimately super-powerful commands to a newbie, where with one click you could really decimate your set and/or cost yourself hours and hours of getting back to at least the normal your set was at before you started. Such as the dreaded Mit E2 RESET. Or Toshiba's version. Or Panasonic's version. Landmines, every one of them. Been there, done that. Never again.

This is not an operation to be quickly and easily sprung onto, no matter how dedicated you are. If you are a natural, then I applaud you and you will feel your way. But none of us calibrators has done this all alone, we have all helped each other out at times. If you are simply motivated and not very experienced, I would caution you against doing this without the safety net of having an experienced calibrator on speed dial.

Mr Bob
Michael Osadciw likes this.

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell
bob at imageperfection dot com
www.projectiontvtroubleshootingadvice.com
YouTube channel: mrbobbigscreen

Last edited by Mr Bob; 02-04-2020 at 12:59 PM.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-04-2020, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bob View Post
I am going out on a limb here to hopefully save you from yourself. And a world of potential hurt.

I am not sure why some of these commands and critical words are missing from your directions, but you have to seriously question where you got that document from, when something like this happens. The actual service manual for this set would not have been so inadequately written. If you really want the correct manual, I suggest www.servicemanuals.net. It will probably cost you $16.99 and will probably be downloadable, maybe even immediately. (Don't worry, I get nothing for telling you that, no kickbacks of any kind. It is simply generic info that we in the service industry have to use all the time for getting service manuals.)

Your first move appears to be to clear the memory completely and start completely from scratch. I would not advise this. The factory settings may have drifted off over the years and could use some correction, but the general template they lay out cannot be overstated. There are usually bends and waves and linearity concentrations in there that are corrected by the factory settings, and these may re-appear if you wipe all those corrections out.

And a Mit service menu NEVER goes back to the original factory settings. Each new set of corrections simply replaces the one before, including the original factory settings. They disappear like every other set of settings you will do in there the very first time you make any, replaced by the current new one.

You are a self-declared newbie at this, and I applaud your ambition. But even as an experienced calibrator I have painted myself into a corner more than once on various brands, before I hit critical mass on them and became prolific. It took literally years to finally realize some of the exotic patterns that were actually happening, on some of the brands.

This sort of thing is not taught in any class I have ever seen, except way back in the day and only with the ceiling projectors. Never seen a class on this with CRT RPTVs. I could give a class on it now, but there was nothing then, when I started.

I am not in favor of simply releasing critical and sometimes ultimately super-powerful commands to a newbie, where with one click you could really decimate your set and/or cost yourself hours and hours of getting back to at least the normal your set was at before you started. Such as the dreaded Mit E2 RESET. Or Toshiba's version. Or Panasonic's version. Landmines, every one of them. Been there, done that. Never again.

This is not an operation to be quickly and easily sprung onto, no matter how dedicated you are. If you are a natural, then I applaud you and you will feel your way. But none of us calibrators has done this all alone, we have all helped each other out at times. If you are simply motivated and not very experienced, I would caution you against doing this without the safety net of having an experienced calibrator on speed dial.

Mr Bob
Thank you for the reply. That information is posted on this forum on another thread.
My LaserVue is an L75-A91 and I can't find a calibrator.
Has worked flawlessly and picture is fine unless there are long straight lines. They wave a bit or are not perfectly straight.
The Geometry setting is simple to do and has a reset to factory spec feature.
I will post picture so it can be seen the issues.
I could buy the manual but if that post (which is I believe from the manual) is what is in the manual then it will not help me.
Need a LaserVue expert and don't know where to find one.
I hear what you are saying, not sure if this is a simple geometry fix or not
but on the geometry screen it shows lines as not straight too.
The yellow and green perimeter lines are crooked, and bow.
Setting the 16 points is easy enough but how do I make the TV use that setting. What button do I push?
I Read There is a plastic oil on the back of the screen that can partially detect and supposedly cause this problem.

This TV has a Superb Picture and has not given me a bit of trouble since new. This happened after a moved
but it was put in its box just like from the factory for the move.

Here Are The Picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_0572.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	2680594   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_0576.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	248.1 KB
ID:	2680596   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_0574.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	2680598   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_0580.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	2680600  

Last edited by Partytime; 02-04-2020 at 05:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-06-2020, 01:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

You got to turn red and blue off in service menu, then do a correct geometry all over the screen strictly in green. On a Mit, this will carry the red and blue with it regardless of how close or far off the red or blue presently is, from the green. Many use a template for this.

Then align red to the green and either blue to the red or to the green. I prefer blue to the red if possible rather than blue to the green. Easier to see the blue errors that way.

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell

post #5 of 8 Old 02-06-2020, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bob View Post
You got to turn red and blue off in service menu, then do a correct geometry all over the screen strictly in green. On a Mit, this will carry the red and blue with it regardless of how close or far off the red or blue presently is, from the green. Many use a template for this.

Then align red to the green and either blue to the red or to the green. I prefer blue to the red if possible rather than blue to the green. Easier to see the blue errors that way.
Thank you. It is all over my head. I really need a Laservue L75-A91 Expert to do the geometry for me,

and I am 3 hours North of Minneapolis MN. Would need step by step directions otherwise.

Would buying a service manual giver me those step by step directions?

This TV blows my mind with the picture. I look at the 4k's 8K's and Oled's and while the OLED's Have GREAT detail
this TV Freaks me Out with great programming.

Any Laservue experts in Minnesota? Anyone have step by step details for geometry on the laservue?
post #6 of 8 Old 02-06-2020, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Sorry, thought you were talking about a CRT and mention of laser was of the old-style players.

The laservue is a DLP. Whether it's a triple chip or single chip with color wheel, it's a fixed pixel display. I may be wrong because I have never calibrated one, but I don't think you can correct geometry/convergence issues on a DLP.

If it's single chip with color wheel, what you see is what you get as far as image structure goes, but there can be no convergence errors because there is only 1 image. Triple chip DLPs can be misaligned at the factory, and I don't know of any settings internally to correct for that.

The geometry errors your pix show appear to be caused by a defective DLP chip. Such chips can be replaced. I have never seen one misaligned like this, those chips are usually replaced because of stuck mirrors, either open or closed, for a salt and pepper effect. Chip replacement cleans that up.

Good luck and keep us in the loop -

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell

Last edited by Mr Bob; 02-06-2020 at 10:12 AM.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-06-2020, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I've had a similar geometry problem, back in the day, with a DLP rear projection unit.

You mentioned this happened AFTER a move? I'd bet you flexed your screen somehow.

When I had this problem, I fixed the geometry/bowing by using a suction cup on the screen and "pulling it out".

Even though you put the machine in the box, the screen physically became out of alignment somehow. This isn't a chip problem.

Sony XBR-75X950G, Denon AVR-X2300W, Polk CS20 Center, Polk Monitor 75T Fronts, Polk TSI300 Rears, Power Sound Audio S1500 Subwoofer.
post #8 of 8 Old 02-11-2020, 11:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

If one of these sets is transported in an open vehicle like a pickup truck, the wind can actually pull the screen partially out of the box once you're up to speed on the freeway. Had that happen once, just like you said it had to be refitted back into place.

And in my case very carefully, because it was a CRT RPTV and the screen that had flexed was the vertically-ribbed lenticular, the one to the outside of the 2 layer lenticular/frensel viewscreen stack. Which is very delicate and highly sensitive to tearing between the ribs. I was lucky that that hadn't happened by the time I discovered the ruffle caused by the wind.

Since the surface was not flat, a suction cup would not work for me, I simply had to be careful as all get-out.

Robert Jones
Image Perfection
510-278-4247
650-333-4808 cell

Last edited by Mr Bob; 02-11-2020 at 11:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page